Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

Yep, you got it

23 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Yep, you got it

image.png.bcb80c3d5c1aeb33eaee6dfa86b07276.png

15mins Concept 2 5 min warm up 7x30 seconds on 30 off 3 minute cool down 10 minute yoga

Rushed this AM. Even my days off I gotta rush.  My girl wasn't feeling good so I was going to bring her some energy drinks, which are terrible for you but thats her choice.... But before that the roofers showed up on our job without telling us so I had to go open up and let them in. Then I went to visit my friend Pauls grave, and spent an hour with his wife.  I have to go with her next week to pick out a headstone for Paul and one for her someday.

BBQ later today but i'm on good behavior. 

• Like 4

That’s very nice that you spent time with Paul’s wife

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

That’s very nice that you spent time with Paul’s wife

Thanks John. They are very close friends of mine. Paul died knowing I’d be there for his wife. She has no family here. Just a couple nephews and niece in Greece.

• Like 2

You are a good person Joe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

You are a good person Joe

Thanks John, I really try being a good friend.

Going to workout this morning but not sure what to do. I feinted at the cookout yesterday. I've never ever done that. I think I was dehydrated and just exhausted. All of the sudden everything went blurry and i went down.. My friend caught me. I got right back up and was fine.. Just freaked out naturally a little bit.

Chugged two waters and juice box and didn't pee for 2 hours after. So i was definitely  dehydrated.

These past few weeks have really been trying.  But I aint quitting.

Edited by Blacksmith513

44 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks John, I really try being a good friend.

Going to workout this morning but not sure what to do. I feinted at the cookout yesterday. I've never ever done that. I think I was dehydrated and just exhausted. All of the sudden everything went blurry and i went down.. My friend caught me. I got right back up and was fine.. Just freaked out naturally a little bit.

Chugged two waters and juice box and didn't pee for 2 hours after. So i was definitely  dehydrated.

These past few weeks have really been trying.  But I aint quitting.

Sorry to hear that, Joe. Take care of your body. Make a habit of drinking more water. It's easy to get used to it. 
Good that your friend caught you! A lot of times, the most dangerous thing about fainting is that you hit yourself badly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, matek said:

Sorry to hear that, Joe. Take care of your body. Make a habit of drinking more water. It's easy to get used to it. 
Good that your friend caught you! A lot of times, the most dangerous thing about fainting is that you hit yourself badly. 

Thank you!

I normally do. I bring two glasses of water to bed with me I drink so much. I never go anywhere without a bottle or two. Yeah i'm lucky. I'm also lucky it was just me my friend and his girl. No one else was around. None of us freaked out. In fact we where laughing about it after. Crap happens. I didn't hit my head. It just makes for a good story to tell someday and i'll be more careful next time. 

My whole family was there, glad they weren't around. I'll never tell them because they are hypochondriacs, they'd have me in the hospital right now. Just laying in bed late and will start my workout soon. 

• Like 1

Just took it easy which i hate. Was looking forward to a long session today with it being a day off. Pretty sure i had heat exhaustion and was dehydrated. Oh well, i still worked out. But i'm still slightly light headed, kept weight very light and stuck to just grip

RGT both hands

75x1x5 sets

NN 2x5 Pinch

125x3x3

130x1x2

NN 2" handle thumbless 3x3

160x3x3

Baby inch 3x3 negs both hands

• Like 5

Hey Joe that sucks , you should be getting about 8oz x 8 a day,

for has hard as you work and workout water 💦 is important 

good thing you did not get hurt, glad to see you’re right back at it. Never give up never back down.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey Joe that sucks , you should be getting about 8oz x 8 a day,

for has hard as you work and workout water 💦 is important 

good thing you did not get hurt, glad to see you’re right back at it. Never give up never back down.

Thanks John. Was scary for a second. Like i said everything went blurry, had tunnel vision I think it’s called and went down. Just more embarrassed than anything.

• Like 1

Hey Joe . Enjoy your day off, 

have fun and be safe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey Joe . Enjoy your day off, 

have fun and be safe 

Thanks John, I did and hope you did too. First 4th of July since I can remember i didn't have any alcohol. It was actually nice. 

We where feeling a little crappy from what i thought was just allergies and the smoke from fires in Canada.. Been wicked smoky here. But turns out we are all sick, except my dad and sister. That probably contributed to Mondays feinting. 

Been a lot going on these past few weeks and it's not seeming to end. When it rains it pours.  I'll get through it and back on track though.

• Like 2

warm ups

100kb swings 5x1 TGU with 26lbs kb

WD2 orange spring 5 reps each level up to 3-3

Levering 2H

16.5x3

17x3

17.5x3

Bending

DO

60d IMP 3f didnt time but fast

1/4x6 G5 4 hits, got a kink in it. Started to feel dizzy.. So I stopped, at least I got some isometrics in. Its good working with harder stock. Easy stuff you can cheat and still bend it. Hard stuff you gotta find your powerful spot

Reverse 

60d IMP 3f same didn't time just a warm up

1/4x7 CRS IMP 3f  54 seconds

That enough, i'm pretty sure we all have the flu. My whole family has it.  Off to work now.

06D88346-9559-4360-8390-0B5C44E7989E.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

tonight some stretching and Indian club swings. 

• Like 2

No working out today but did 30 minutes of stretching. Just hanging in tonight.  No beer.🙁

My brother and wife are couple days ahead with virus and are better so hopefully i'm better in a couple days. But mine went into my chest and i'm coughing up green stuff and theirs didn't. Just like what happened to me in the late winter early spring this year.

whatever it is. I'll keep pushing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

No working out today but did 30 minutes of stretching. Just hanging in tonight.  No beer.🙁

My brother and wife are couple days ahead with virus and are better so hopefully i'm better in a couple days. But mine went into my chest and i'm coughing up green stuff and theirs didn't. Just like what happened to me in the late winter early spring this year.

whatever it is. I'll keep pushing.

Take it easy and stay hydrated, brother.  Hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep an eye on that productive cough. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Take it easy and stay hydrated, brother.  Hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep an eye on that productive cough. 

Thank you... Like flicking a switch im like 99% better than last night. Not sure if its the Mucinex or what. But if was was a 5 last night, i'm a 9 on the scale of 1-10. I've been drinking water like its going out of style.

Sadly i'm not going out on my date, shes afraid of getting her kids sick. But i have yard work to do. Then i'll find something else to keep me out of trouble.

• Like 3

warm ups

100kbs swings

5x1 TGU

some Chest expander moves

ring pull ups. Haven't trained these real serious in couple weeks. just did +8lbs 3 sets of 4 reps and +25lbs 3 sets of 1

NN2" Handle 3x3

225 x 3 

230 x  3

235 x 2 

Level Negatives 2 3/8 handle

Left

88 x 5 

89 x 5 

90 x5 

Right      

88 x 5

89 x 5

90 x 5 

RGT Holds seconds

75.25 x8 

75.25 x10

75.5 x 10

Right

77.75 x 10 

78x  8

78 x 7

RGT Thumbless Deadlifts 3x2

Left

83 x 2 

83.5 x 2

84 x 2

Right 

84.5x2

85.5 x2 

86 x 2 

Moontop - 3x1

Left

18.25x 1

18.5x1 

18.75 x 1 

19 x 1 

Right 

16.25x 1 

16.5 x  1

16.75 x 1 

17 x 1 

Vulcan gripper with thumbscrews and rubber band. I'm going to start going hard with this. I wanna get to the orange spring with it. Thumb strength is important.

Extensor bands. i've never really used the IM red rubbers until today. But they weren't that hard.   

Much better today. I can't believe how much better I am, i was even loosing my voice last night and started to sound like Marge Simpson 🤣.

Played around with my index finger placement on RGT holds for my left hand and it was so much better. Even with much lighter weight my fingers would start to slip on my left hand. So much technique and so much to learn every week. But the more you know the faster you grow.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

Tonight like 400 swings with 5lbs indian clubs.. 200 each arm.

Going to do some stretching soon but not sure how long.

• Like 5

Easy 5000m on Concept 2 to start the week. 15 minutes of stretching. Lower back is bothering me. Probably from not being as physically active as I normally am. Much better today but still really achy. Whatever bug I got messed with recovery.

Had a nice morning yesterday with my girl. I brought over coffee and donuts and hung with her. I met her kids and they really liked me. Which she said, she's never seen her kids like someone so fast. And after I left her daughter told her I'm real nice and she likes me.

I figured Sunday morning coffee and donuts is a better first impression than them coming downstairs some night and seeing me all over their mother.

• Like 8

GOOD THINKING

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Easy 5000m on Concept 2 to start the week. 15 minutes of stretching. Lower back is bothering me. Probably from not being as physically active as I normally am. Much better today but still really achy. Whatever bug I got messed with recovery.

Had a nice morning yesterday with my girl. I brought over coffee and donuts and hung with her. I met her kids and they really liked me. Which she said, she's never seen her kids like someone so fast. And after I left her daughter told her I'm real nice and she likes me.

I figured Sunday morning coffee and donuts is a better first impression than them coming downstairs some night and seeing me all over their mother.

Stud moves Joe, kids usually recognize good energy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Stud moves Joe, kids usually recognize good energy!

Thanks man. 🤣I wasn’t nervous. But I was very relieved.For some reason kids have always loved me.  Glad their first memory of me is a good one.

Her son who’s like 2, can’t really talk yet but he’s learning. She taught them both sign language and the daughter who’s 4 was teaching me stuff. It was cute. It’s strange, never thought about dating someone with kids. It probably won’t be easy at times but there’s a lot of rewarding things that could come out of it also. 

• Like 1