Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

How is your arm today 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

How is your arm today 

Good enough for curling... 12ounces that is.

Thanks for asking, its still a tiny bit sore but it feels good. Not going to push it this morning.  I hope in the next few weeks everything returns to normal, its been crazy and my workouts have still been good but not up to my standards.

• Like 2

NN2" Handle 3x3

227.5 x 3

232.5 x 3

237.5 x 3

Loadable inch trainer negatives

Left

90 x 5

90 x 5

90 x 5

Right      

90 x 5

90 x 5

90 x 5

Crusher Holds 3x8-10 seconds

Left

77.5 x 6

77 x8 

77 x10

Right

77.5 x6 

77 x 8 

77 x 10 

Crusher Thumbless Deadlifts 3x2

Left 

80 x 2 

80 x 2 

80 x 2

Right 

Right

80x2

80x2

80x2

Moontop

Left =

19.5 x1

19.75 x 1

20 x1

20.25 x1

Right 18

17.5x 1

18 x1

18.5 x1

19 x 1

Some Chest Expander drop sets

Good workout. All had time for.. Gotta party it up for my grandma today.  Injured my forearm again on Crusher holds. Jedd thinks its the brach too... So @matek you where right probably. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Injured my forearm again on Crusher holds. Jedd thinks its the brach too... So @matek you where right probably. 

If it's really just the muscle, that will heal fast if you don't push it too hard. Once I have partially torn my hamstring and it looked awful but it healed faster than an annoying wrist or elbow injury. 
Hope it will heal fast.

Have fun at the party!

Edited by matek
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, matek said:

If it's really just the muscle, that will heal fast if you don't push it too hard. Once I have partially torn my hamstring and it looked awful but it healed faster than an annoying wrist or elbow injury. 
Hope it will heal fast.

Have fun at the party!

I hope so.. Its sore today.. It was feeling fine yesterday  before i worked out. So whatever I did, i made it a little worse. Still not too bad though.

Thanks...The party was real nice. 

• Like 2

No rowing. My bicep and forearm hurt a little today. Whatever i did Saturday made it worse.  

I forgot to add. I benched for the first time ever on Saturday with my cousins husband. I did 135lbs for 3 reps. That was not warmed up, being tired from my morning workout, consuming alcohol and and with an injured arm.

I feel like i definitely had more in me but it aggravated my arm a little. How is that for my first time?  I've always been naturally strong with odd object training like carrying and shouldering things. But traditional weight lifting always seemed awkward to me.

• Like 4

That's what we call industrial strength. Not bad for BENCHING the first time in your entire life. Good thing you didn't push it any further. How did that make your arm feel or did the alcohol cover up the pain. Grandma would be proud of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

That's what we call industrial strength. Not bad for BENCHING the first time in your entire life. Good thing you didn't push it any further. How did that make your arm feel or did the alcohol cover up the pain. Grandma would be proud of you.

Didn’t hurt during it but felt it after. I didn’t drink too much. Only like 6 beers. But yeah she’d be proud. It’s the steel bending she didn’t understand.

• Like 1

Grandmas are like that. 6 Beers is not to much its like just getting primed .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Grandmas are like that. 6 Beers is not to much its like just getting primed .

These days that about all im good for. 

A few years back.. When people started telling me i take after my grandfather with my drinking (he was on painkillers for his back and drank 20-30 beers regularly on top of it)... I decided to tone it down. I don't take painkillers obviously.. But my number was slowly creeping up... I got to  a point where i'd say i only was had 10 beers...

I still love beer though. I had a few last night.

• Like 1

Crusher

Left

85x2

85.5x2

86x2

86x1

85.75x1

Right

80x2

81x2

82x2

83x2

84x2

NN 2x5 Pinch

135x3

136x3

136.25x3

139x1

140x1

2" NN thumbless

196.75x3

198x1

199.25x1

multiple reps sorta bothered my forarm so i kept weight up and stuck to singles

baby inch deloads LEFT ONLY

10"x10secs

10x"10

11"x8

baby inch negs LEFT ONLY

3x3

Some chest expander stuff

All in all real good workout. Arm is a little better but i can still feel it. I think i need to take it easy and in 2 weeks it it will be good.

Thinking of starting up Bryce Lanes 50/20 with the sand bags.. 50 reps in 20 minutes, once you get that you up the weight.   Maybe OHP+Squat one day and shoulders the second...  Its really hard to find something to fit around my grip training but I want to get my total body strength up. And really traditional weight lifting just doesn't interest me. 

• Like 6

Just quick update..Still no rowing. My arm is getting better but i feel the repetitive pulling would aggravate it. 

Might have to break it off with my girl. Not sure what to do. I hardly see her. Yet she texts me all day every day about her issues.  Tells me how much she likes me and appreciates  me... I've helped her out a lot too and yesterday her daughter asked her if I could come to her birthday next month. I said yes.

We've been "seeing" each other for two months, but I haven't seen her in almost 2 weeks. Still haven't gone on an official date...She had a lot going on when we met and ended up having some semi serious heart related health issues, so i was supportive and stood by her.  I'll give her a couple more weeks, and hopefully she starts feeling better.  If stuff doesnt change then bye bye. Sorry just venting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That's a tough one. It seems like everything is going pretty good. Just hang in there, ride it out see where it goes. If anything you get some birthday cake next month and you made some good friends.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

That's a tough one. It seems like everything is going pretty good. Just hang in there, ride it out see where it goes. If anything you get some birthday cake next month and you made some good friends.

So far it is.  I don’t want cake I want 🐈🤣

cake is good to though. It will be nice.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Just quick update..Still no rowing.  ...

Might have to break it off with my girl. ... I'll give her a couple more weeks, and hopefully she starts feeling better.  If stuff doesnt change then bye bye.

Both situations suck.  Sorry Joe.  Hopefully both improve soon.

• Thanks 1

Do what's best for you, king. 

You're a good dude, and you deserve what makes you happy. Just don't make any hasty decisions on things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Both situations suck.  Sorry Joe.  Hopefully both improve soon.

36 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Do what's best for you, king. 

You're a good dude, and you deserve what makes you happy. Just don't make any hasty decisions on things.

Thanks guys... Dont wanna to keep talking about it, its a grip forum. But stuff like this definitely affects my performance.

I told her this morning I really like her and like texting with her but I we need to start seeing each other more often.. She said shes trying, apologized and feels like same. I said well how about tomorrow night or Saturday, she said hopefully both. We will see.

I just don't understand how she can ask me to spend about 5 hours round trip picking up a couch and chair for her parents, ask me to pick up a couple things on facebook market place for her daughters birthday,  call me up crying at night and needing someone to talk to..But then say you're too tired or dont feel good to see me.  I get it, her kids are up at 4am every day and shes tired but come on. If i've needed someone to talk to shes been good that way but thats it

It appears to me she wants all the benefits of a relationship without being in or working towards one.  Like i said i like her, its early and willing to work on things.. But i'm not doing any more stuff for her unless things change.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks guys... Dont wanna to keep talking about it, its a grip forum. But stuff like this definitely affects my performance.

I told her this morning I really like her and like texting with her but I we need to start seeing each other more often.. She said shes trying, apologized and feels like same. I said well how about tomorrow night or Saturday, she said hopefully both. We will see.

I just don't understand how she can ask me to spend about 5 hours round trip picking up a couch and chair for her parents, ask me to pick up a couple things on facebook market place for her daughters birthday,  call me up crying at night and needing someone to talk to..But then say you're too tired or dont feel good to see me.  I get it, her kids are up at 4am every day and shes tired but come on. If i've needed someone to talk to shes been good that way but thats it

It appears to me she wants all the benefits of a relationship without being in or working towards one.  Like i said i like her, its early and willing to work on things.. But i'm not doing any more stuff for her unless things change.

This may be a grip forum but life events effect performance and are extremely relevant. 

I think it's more than ok to post about that stuff. I post about life events all the time, but I do try to keep on track and post more about my training.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

This may be a grip forum but life events effect performance and are extremely relevant. 

I think it's more than ok to post about that stuff. I post about life events all the time, but I do try to keep on track and post more about my training.

Thanks man. I feel the same. I’m pretty private but anything that may affect my performance I like to write down. In the future if I look back and notice my numbers down I want to know why.

Im always around if anyone in the grip community needs anything.

• Like 4

warm ups 

set the clock for 20 mins and did squats with my sandbag.. Probably about 15, plus a couple ohps but it bothered my arm. Starting very light and low reps, once i get to 50 reps i'll up the weight.  Its a very simple yet effective routine. When i did it i'd get so hungry. My goal was always shouldering a 200lbs sandbag 50 times in 20 minutes.. I got to 160lbs... I can do it.

Maybe Mondays shouldering and thick bar... Tuesdays Squat/ohp and bending +levering  and repeat Thursday Friday

2h Levering 3x3 15lbs

some lever top light holds pronated and supinated with light weights.

Arm is getting better but i can still feel it. 

• Like 6

Arm is getting better. But i can still feel it. Only did warm ups with my right hand

NN" 2 handle deadlifts

just warm ups to 220lbs, after that i could feel a strain in my arm. Too bad because weights felt good.

Inch handle negs 

left hand

90lb 3x5

Crusher holds

77lbs Left hand 8,7,6 seconds

Crusher thumbless deadlifts I sucked with these... Usually my right hand gets my CNS going with these.

77.5lbsx1

77lbsx1

75lbsx2

moontop 

left

19.75x1

20x1

20.25x1

20.5x1

Only using my left hand. Everything felt unbalanced.  My rights getting better but not great.

Had a nice night with my girl. We talked and everything is really good.   I have a superpower. I've always been able to get anyone to drink.. Including her and she was straight edge but really enjoys having a few with me.

Off to Maine with my dad, uncle and bro in law for seafood and some antique tool store.. Hopefully buy some blacksmithing equipment if the price is right.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Arm is getting better. But i can still feel it. Only did warm ups with my right hand

Had a nice night with my girl. We talked and everything is really good.   I have a superpower. I've always been able to get anyone to drink.. Including her and she was straight edge but really enjoys having a few with me.

Off to Maine with my dad, uncle and bro in law for seafood and some antique tool store.. Hopefully buy some blacksmithing equipment if the price is right.

Glad the arm is getting better and you had a talk with your girl.  Enjoy your trip up to Maine!

• Thanks 1