Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

Looking good

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Looking good

Thanks John.

And i should clarify. Reason i don't know what the "ghost bar"  is because as soon i bent it it went in the bucket of nails.

From now on, no more doing that until session is over. 

Tonight just 10 mins stretching and 10 mins with the Indian clubs

All the concrete is loaded up. Last load is going out tomorrow.   Chunks of concrete feel lighter than ever.. I'm stronger and faster than ever and i'm only going to get stronger. But i literally just dont recover the same anymore. Its really hitting me now. 

• Like 3

Concept 2 5min warm up 5x250m 45 seconds rest... averaged about 1min pace. 5 minute cool down

13 minutes of stretching

Have to go pick out a headstone for my late friend Paul this morning.

• Like 3

You’re a good man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

how did it go with the Headstone. Is Paul's wife doing ok.

On a better note are you ready to move a couch and meet some parents.

GOOD LUCK 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

how did it go with the Headstone. Is Paul's wife doing ok.

On a better note are you ready to move a couch and meet some parents.

GOOD LUCK 

Went good. It’s an honor that I got to go. I knew I was important to them. But now Paul passed, I’m more important than I realized. And I’m not saying that to pat myself on the back.

yes I am ready. I’m picking her up in my dump truck at 8am tomorrow. This is actually our first “date”. We’ve only hung out at her house because she has kids. 

also 2 months tomorrow so it’s extra special.

• Like 3

Tomorrow will be fun, 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Tomorrow will be fun, 

Thanks John. Except for  my trip to Colorado, this is the first lifting workout i'm missing in a long time in over a year.. I''ll either do it tonight or tomorrow morning.  Its going to rain so we have to get it done early. Lots of driving, for me today...

Its the true test, if we can move furniture without fighting we are golden.

• Like 1

Ain’t that the truth

• Like 1

Mid day workout. Did pretty good. Wiped out from earlier the old couch as extreme heavy we had to move... Did about 4 hours of driving and spent. But still completed it

NN 2" handle deadlift

220x3

225x3

230x3

inch loadable handle negatives

88.5x5

89.5x5

90.5x5  these felt heavy

Crusher Holds

75.75x10 seconds

76x 7

76x7

Right

78.25x 7

78.25x8

78.25x5

Crusher thumbless found 1 rep max.. Took like half hour. Just kept going up in small increments

Left

83lbs

Right

84.5lbs

took a while to get into a grove with these today.. Its close  to my RGT max or old max but this handle is heavier

Moon top grip 

Left

19x1

19.25x1

19.5x1

19.75x1

Right

17x1

17.25x1

17.5x1

17.75x1

Hurt my thumb on the moon top sending it down. Hands where just spent... Attic was a million degrees, between what i sweat out moving furniture and this workout i bet it was a few lbs.

Had a great time today, everything went good.

• Like 7

Good times, 

glad everything went smoothly for you today 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Good times, 

glad everything went smoothly for you today 

It went great... Parents stayed at her place with the kids. We got to spend about 6 hours together.  Comments where made about breaking the couch in but nothing came of it. 😐 Maybe a little something. 

Her parents like me and her kids love me. I let her daughter play in the dump truck and put the bed up and down. She loved it, and really wants to go in our excavator. She asked if i could bring it over.

• Like 4

Just realized, I think some of the "1/4" steel i've been bending was actually 9/32"...  Its been a crazy couple months and I'm just now cutting into my 1/4" 'lengths i bought in April.  Everything else was from FBBC or drill rod or nails/bolts

Explains why some of that 1/4 CRS started giving me a hard time and why the CRS i reversed last Thursday was easy. And i believe what i bent was 12l14,... I need some digital calipers and to be more thorough.  Between work and life its just been wild.

I should have ran out of 1/4 before last week now that i think about it. I'm going to do an inventory count one night this week.

Concept 2 5min warm up 5x125m rowed  29 seconds pace 3 min cool down.. Quick stretch

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Just realized, I think some of the "1/4" steel i've been bending was actually 9/32"... 

Duude, huge difference (~100lb in rating) 😅
A digital caliper is a good idea!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, matek said:

Duude, huge difference (~100lb in rating) 😅
A digital caliper is a good idea!

I can’t confirm it yet. But I should have run out of 1/4 a while back I think. 

Working out is the easy part. Its balancing everything else I have a problem with.

• Like 1

warm up

100 swings 44lbs kb 10 tgu 5x1

Chest Krusher 

Chest Expander

Crusher 

Left

85x2 85.5x2 86x2 86.5x1 86.25x1

Right 

86.5x2 87x2 87.5x2 88x1 87.75x1

2x5 NN Pinch

135x3

136x2

135.25x2

138.5x1

139.5x1

2" NN thumbless

195.25x3

196.75x3

198x3

Baby inch Negs 3x3 each hand

baby inch deloads holds

left

8"x10 seconds

9"x10

10"x10

Right 

8x10

9x10

10x10

Thats it... good workout all in all.  Pinch is down, its like 1 step forward 2 steps back.. But its slowly improving.

• Like 5

Great workout all warmed up and ready to go to work now.
Remember, slow and steady wins the race. Have a great day at work.

• Thanks 1

100 kb swings 5x1 tgu 

WD2 orange spring 3 reps up to 3-3... Then a few sets of 4-3, 3-4 and 3-4 w/ rubber band

Levering

18.5x1

19x1

19.5x1

Started to bend a .2625 DO and felt a strange sensation in my right forearm.. Like a warmth like my muscle or tendon wasn't contracting regularly.  So i stopped. Only did singles with the levering.. Its sore but doesn't hurt to move.  So I think i avoided a bad injury. We will see later on. 

Just did some levertop pronated and supinated holds and sidewinder to get blood flowing to area. 

Been another crazy week. Family in town, we are finally having my late grandmothers memorial service on Saturday.. She wanted us to have a lobster party in her memory.  

22F0BE78-A1D0-45A7-9B71-4E4E21BB204D.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

100 kb swings 5x1 tgu 

WD2 orange spring 3 reps up to 3-3... Then a few sets of 4-3, 3-4 and 3-4 w/ rubber band

Levering

18.5x1

19x1

19.5x1

Started to bend a .2625 DO and felt a strange sensation in my right forearm.. Like a warmth like my muscle or tendon wasn't contracting regularly.  So i stopped. Only did singles with the levering.. Its sore but doesn't hurt to move.  So I think i avoided a bad injury. We will see later on. 

Just did some levertop pronated and supinated holds and sidewinder to get blood flowing to area. 

Been another crazy week. Family in town, we are finally having my late grandmothers memorial service on Saturday.. She wanted us to have a lobster party in her memory.  

22F0BE78-A1D0-45A7-9B71-4E4E21BB204D.jpeg

Maybe your brachioradialis was a little stiff after the WD2.. anyways nice self-control.

Sounds like your grandmother wanted everyone to remember her while having fun/eating good food. That's great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, matek said:

Maybe your brachioradialis was a little stiff after the WD2.. anyways nice self-control.

Sounds like your grandmother wanted everyone to remember her while having fun/eating good food. That's great!

Yes, exactly what i was thinking.. i'm learning. I almost tried reverse but didn't. Some of these .2625 have been really hard. Drill rod is usually very consistent.   I'm learning, slow and steady wins the race. I have a few grip goals and thats it.. I'll reach them and i'm in no rush.  

And yeah we are going to party it up. I can't get wrecked though like i want to because i'm going  north to the beach with my girl on Sunday, about 2 hours up in Maine. 

My grandma would want me to get absolutely tanked at her party, but I don't want to be hungover. When i was younger and took a night off from drinking she'd be concerned something was wrong🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Got to have at least one for Grandma 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Got to have at least one for Grandma 

Oh yeah I’ll have a few. It’s at my cousins and she lives an hour away. So I gotta be careful and just pace myself.

• Like 2

yep. are you going to take your girl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Knowlton said:

yep. are you going to take your girl.

No, its hard, her kids are young. But we are going to Maine on Sunday, the two of us. Which will be very nice.

• Like 1