Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

Super cool levering 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Super cool levering 

Thank you John.

I just got word my best friend Paul passed away. I almost didnt go Sunday to see them. Thank god I did. 

91 years old, I became good friends with him and his wife in high school and have been their caretaker since i was 18 since they had no kids. He was like a best friend and grandfather combined in one.  Its about as bad as losing my grandmother last year. Their attorney told me he even was asking for me earlier today

RIP Paul.

Edited by Blacksmith513

Yes good thing you did, at 91 he has seen a lot in his life, is his wife doing ok. 
It is a good thing that you were able to help them, I feel for you, loosing a friend in not easy, hang in there 😥 are you still going to take care of his wife.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Yes good thing you did, at 91 he has seen a lot in his life, is his wife doing ok. 
It is a good thing that you were able to help them, I feel for you, loosing a friend in not easy, hang in there 😥 are you still going to take care of his wife.

Thank you... yeah he did. Korean war vet... Belly gunner on B29s bombers.  His wife is doing ok I guess but i'm sure it hasn't sunk in yet.  I'll still be there for his wife..I'm all she has now.  Learned a lot of valuable life lessons from him.

Started out as just a handy man but we quickly became friends and every year i did a little more until they depended on me for everything.  Drs, groceries, work around the house, emergencies. Talked to them twice a day everyday for over 10 years unless hospitalized. Last year was rough, dementia got worse and he'd walk down town and i'd have to leave work and go find him.  I'm happy he's not suffering now.

• Like 3

30 minutes rowing and 11 minutes of stretching

last night was pretty rough for me

• Like 1

It will get better with time 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

It will get better with time 

Thank you John, it will. I am grateful for all the memories I have. 

• Like 2

So sorry for your loss, Joe.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

So sorry for your loss, Joe.

Thanks man.

• Like 1

20 minutes of stretching. Rough day spent a couple hours with his wife, shes holding her own but was crying a lot obviously.. I hope she has the strength to go on.

Getting ready to go to my girls tonight. I honestly want to stay home, i'm pretty upset but its better i go out for a bit.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

Warm ups 

100kb swings and 5x1 TGU w/ 26lbs KB  went light today

WD2 Orange spring 1 rep up to Level4-3... Then Level 4-3x1x3 both hands and Level 4-4x1x1 both hands

2h Levering 16lbs 3x3

Bending 

DO IMP 

60d IMP 3f 7 sec

60d IMP 2f 9 seconds

60D IMP 2f    7 seconds

Reverse

1/4x6" DR Suede 25 seconds

1/4x6" DR IMP 2f 1min 45 seconds

1/4x7" CRS IMP 2f wish i went 3F  1min 45 seconds

60D Brite in doubles 3 7 second hits,  took off leathers and crushed

Levertop both hands

32.5lbs x10 seconds

33lbsx10 seconds

33.25lbs x10 seconds

Extensor bands and Sidewinder

• Like 7

Nice work this morning 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice work this morning 

Thanks John. I was out late and a little tired and sad about my friend this morning. But also happy about the night I had. Kinda strange feeling.

• Like 1

They released my friend’s obituary today. This line is greater than lifting inch, bending any bar or levering any hammer.

Paul was a dedicated friend to his long-time pal, Joey Waitt. He was devoted to his faith in God and the love of his life, his wife of over 40 years, Theodora xxxxxx. Survived by his nephews, nieces, extended family and many friends.

I was pal Joey, after a Frank Sinatra movie “Pal Joey”…   I x’d out his surname.

Sorry not related but I had to share this.

Paul Angelopoulous 28243349

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 8

That's a great tribute to your friend Paul...and a testament to your great friendship Joe.

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

That's a great tribute to your friend Paul...and a testament to your great friendship Joe.

Thank you. The attorney told me that was his wishes.  cant put into words how honored I am. To be put before the Lord, his wife and nieces and nephews.  My friendship with him was so unique.  I don't mean to keep talking about it but when I read that I had to share it.

• Like 3

30 minutes of rowing and 11 minutes of stretching

For some reason my legs got tired from bending yesterday... I don't think it was swings or TGU because I used a very light KB. 

• Like 1

NN2" Handle 3x3

220 x 1 (215x3

225 x 1 (220x3

230 x 1(225x3

Level Negatives,

Left and right

88 x 1

89 x 1

90 x 1

RGT holds dropped weight

73x10 sec

73x10sec

73x10sec

Right

73x10sec

73x10sec

73x10sec

RGT Thumbless Deadlifts 3x2

Left Max:85lbs

82.5 x1 

83 x 1

83.5 x 1

Right Max:86.5

84.5 x 1

85 x 1

85.5 x 1

Moontop - 3x1

Left

18.5x 1 

18.5x 1

18.5 x 1

18.5 x 1

Right 18.5lbs 

16x1  

16 x1 

16 x1

16x 1

100kbs swings and 5x1 TGU

Chest Expander 5 springs super sets

Chest Krusher 7,5,3,2,1,

Ring Pull ups 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,1,2,3

sidewinder, extensor bands

I just did 1 rep for all my grip stuff today and kept my other lifts easy too. But it was still a real productive workout.  I just didn't have it in me to push this morning.  

• Like 6

tonight 20 minutes of stretching  15 minutes with Indian Clubs 4 beers and 3 cheeseburgers

I just noticed my log was a little screwy, I copy and paste it from my log I fill out for Jedd. I just didnt erase everything because i was in a rush

• Like 5

Stretching and mobility work this morning.

here’s a few pics of my nephews from last week

Lately they are really obsessed with strength. I think I’ve made a positive impact on them.

6078728F-C1B1-49CF-A741-7524FC845CA9.jpeg

05F28014-6536-4221-A779-DE4F0DE0170D.jpeg

E791442B-6721-4272-A620-2097D0514108.jpeg

• Like 9

nice work. look at those jr strongmen.

way to spark an interest

• Thanks 1

Kept my workout relativly short and had to go off log again a little to keeping things fast paced

70kb swings and 3x1 each side tgu

RGT

Both hands

85x1 ,85.25x1 85.5x1 85.75x1 86x1

2x5 NN Pinch

140x1

141.25x1

142.5x1

144x1

145x1

2" NN handle thumbless

189x3

190x3

191x3

These are easy.  At this weight but i'll just keep adding a 1lbs until it gets hard. 

Chest Expander 5 springs few sets

3x3 Baby inch negs both hands... WAY MORE control with this vs the full inch.. Also using much more arm strength

Had to go quick this morning. My friend Pauls services are today. Not going to be easy but i'll get through it. I just gotta say I really appreciate my new girl Courtney.  Its only been 3 weeks and not rushing anything but she's been so supportive for someone i just met. I even inspired her to start working out again. This morning she started back up and so happy about it. I guess she was huge into weight training up until a few years ago. 

• Like 6

Good for you with Courtney.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Good for you with Courtney.

Thanks John. Service is over. One  niece thanked me for everything I did for her uncle and that I was the world to them.

the two nephews said nothing to me of the wife. I heard one say “so that must be the attorney and that must be the kid”. 

Edited by Blacksmith513

Funerals bring the worst out in some people.It’s a great thing you were there for them for all those years.

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Thanks 1