Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

Contacted Jedd this morning to ask about the value of some plates im interested in by coincidence he said to contact James Fuller. 

chatted with him this morning and he invited me up.

road trip this summer!

• Like 3

Got a pair of Jack Lalannes 50lbs bumperIMG_0481.thumb.jpeg.12dd831fabdaa343aa10dd493bfc358c.jpeg plates

• Like 9

Super cool looking plates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Super cool looking plates

Thanks got them for $100. Eyeing some York 100s too. Not trying to go crazy just need some new plates so I don’t have to shift loading pins as much

• Like 4

That's an amazing deal and they are in great shape, usually I see them and the rubber is all chewed up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you got a great deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks got them for $100. Eyeing some York 100s too. Not trying to go crazy just need some new plates so I don’t have to shift loading pins as much

The other great thing about York 100s is you can really load up a short deficit loading pin with a decent amount of weight using old iron hundos.  So they're not just a good pinch tool and cool looking weight plate...they're also very versatile.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

The other great thing about York 100s is you can really load up a short deficit loading pin with a decent amount of weight using old iron hundos.  So they're not just a good pinch tool and cool looking weight plate...they're also very versatile.

Yup that’s my plan exactly!

My uncle in Maine said he’d grab them for me. Few towns up from him. I would but I’m traveling.

just afraid of him hurting himself 

• Like 2

30 minutes of rowing and 15 minutes stretching. No beer so having margaritas 

Mostly packed. I’ll bring resistance bands and extensor bands and if I can make shift something grip related I will.  

I

My uncle grabbed these for me  tonight.  Can’t wait to get back and put them to use

IMG_0479.thumb.png.9bc2fb251fca6b5a970c16cd3b9e8f36.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

... My uncle grabbed these for me  tonight.  Can’t wait to get back and put them to use

Those are awesome!  Very cool of your uncle to grab those for you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Those are awesome!  Very cool of your uncle to grab those for you...

Thanks. it was.. we are always helping each other. Like you said I'm going to use them on my short loading pin so I get more ROM.

This morning

Plate Curls

2 sets 20lbs (2 10lbsplates)x5  both hands

20lbs plate 1x5  Both hands

Mixed it up the and tried  2  10lbs standards where easier than 1 20lbs because they are smaller...  Plate curls felt great this week. Really making progress

Sledge curls

12" 3 sets of 5 both hands

Rear Levers

20" 3 sets of 5 both hands

Pronation and supination

8" x5 9"x5 9"x5 both hands

Some light work with chest expander 

Chest Krusher 4 springs 10,8,6,4

Sidetwister and extensor bands

Was going to do Saturdays workout today aswell. But I dont have time. Got some last minute things to do before I leave.

• Like 4

I made it.  They had me flying higher than the plane I took last night 

IMG_0503.thumb.jpeg.a1cadff0a98c5f34c1be88bc87c3c413.jpeg

• Like 4

WAY COOL, That is bad a$$. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Knowlton said:

WAY COOL, That is bad a$$. 

there’s worse places to watch arm wrestling that’s for sureIMG_0508.thumb.jpeg.739046e24c582924f0a54ba432e53ddb.jpeg

• Like 5

I see you have a new best Friend,  

• Like 1

Yesterday 4-5 hours in the pool a couple walks and then a walk around a car show. Saw a sunbeam tiger which is beautiful my uncle had one or two in the past. Never saw one in person

this morning assortment of band moves, squats, extensor bands, squats, good mornings, push ups… feels good. My stamina is terrible now, not what it used to beI will work on that this week while I’m of.

IMG_0515.thumb.jpeg.1ad9f11d5c785e68b4420661bc94a4f7.jpeg

IMG_0514.thumb.jpeg.cd358701d6b9d4bd4368b3bca9c29bff.jpeg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Saw a sunbeam tiger which is beautiful my uncle had one or two in the past. Never saw one in person

That car is cool! The Sunbeam was the first James Bond vehicle, featured in Dr. No. He technically drove the Sunbeam Alpine which was the only choice in 1961. Looks like the Tiger with the V8 came later. If I’m reading this right, only 633 Tigers were ever made!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That car is cool! The Sunbeam was the first James Bond vehicle, featured in Dr. No. He technically drove the Sunbeam Alpine which was the only choice in 1961. Looks like the Tiger with the V8 came later. If I’m reading this right, only 633 Tigers were ever made!

Wow, thanks for the history lesson. I never knew that. I’ve seen Dr. No a few times.  I’ve heard they were highly sought after but didn’t know they were that rare. My dads brother had one or two, actually bought it from the older brother of my first boss way back.

I’ll see if he has pictures of his. It’s one of the most beautiful cars I’ve seen in a long time.

• Like 3

Super cool. Looks like you’re having a lot of fun.
Pretty interesting about the sunbeam, I didn’t know that those are definitely beautiful cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven’t seen him since I dropped him off at airport to retire down here in Florida.

the strongest guy I’ve ever worked with. Wish I brought some grippers for him. He’s 70 now look at his forearmsIMG_0548.thumb.jpeg.929f67a6bd52fc489d7407c6c29b2dcd.jpeg

• Like 5

Hour of resistance bands, calisthenics and stretching 

20 minutes on elliptical and now will swim for few hours

• Like 3

Nice work, even on vacation you don't miss a workout.

Way to be. that dude's forearms Are massive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice work, even on vacation you don't miss a workout.

Way to be. that dude's forearms Are massive.

Always in work mode can’t help it. Feels nice to just workout but with no goals or reps or numbers to hit. 

yup. Retired welder started out as blacksmith. And he’s not short either he’s like 6ft4. Used to pick up his 300lbs anvil himself and move it.. I own it now. He is just naturally very very strong. 

and he’s a legit genius. Think doc from back to the future. He’s been trying to design something that welds railings itself. Like a massive jig. Build one on the 90s with touch screen and computers.  But technology changed. Now he works 5 days a week but is retired and is working on a 2nd version. 

He brought a 1/6th scale replica of his “no tech low tech thing he’s working on. Figures out the angles for the grade and everything. Wish I took pictures because it’s hard to describe. 

• Like 2

SOUNDS COOL, nice that you have the anvil.

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last day here. Got back from  Pensecola yesterday. Visited Naval Aviation museum. Was so cool my cousin explained the air craft to me and my uncle was on an aircraft carrier and I saw a model of his ship USS Coral SeaIMG_0591.thumb.jpeg.4f7a322751893374f5f483f35f6d4d67.jpeg

• Like 4