Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

IMG_0600.thumb.jpeg.15ac56069091924e8dd264c34408ab45.jpeg

workout of the day 12 ounce curls and swimming 

it’s been 5pm since about 11am

• Like 3

Nice , that’s my favorite Friday evening workout. It’s nice to see you having a good time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice , that’s my favorite Friday evening workout. It’s nice to see you having a good time. 

Thanks John. Looking forward to going home but I’ve really had a great time. The heat has felt nice.

Great to see my family and my friend down here.

Pensacola is awesome, Lakeland is really beautiful I could see living down here some day. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I’m back. Light stretching today. Went through a lot of bbq, bourbon, bacon and beer. The 4 bs. Stayed pretty active whole time though.

It was nice to spend time with my family in their environment. Never realized me and my uncle are eerily similar in looks and personality. Probably more than anyone else in my family, he even thought so. His own son mixed us up walking by and his neighbor.

IMG_5569.thumb.jpeg.1fadcfaab269c9bb07afee571c253f36.jpeg

Me and my two uncles

IMG_0604.thumb.jpeg.94303acc183ec9ccffa652c3a04e5bca.jpeg

my grandpa and his dad. Never seen too many Navy pics of him. Wish I had half his charm, had girlfriends in every country he visited 🤣

IMG_0610.thumb.jpeg.ed7b8aea5c20380e48f7e816fdcd83d5.jpeg

Coolest thing was this picture of painting of my great great grandfather’s blacksmith shop. It’s in my blood

next up is Social Distortion and Bad Religion on Tuesday night then I’m partied out

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Coolest thing was this picture of painting of my great great grandfather’s blacksmith shop. It’s in my blood

wow now that is really cool

great to hear you had a good time

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, matek said:

wow now that is really cool

great to hear you had a good time

yup, thanks. That was so cool to see. Wish there were actual pictures of him. Somewhere there must be but he killed himself in 1930.

Florida is definitely the nicest place I've visited. I went down with the intention of checking stuff out to see if I'd like living down there and I really think I would. So some day I hope.

I will row tonight, letting myself catch up on some sleep for a couple days.   

Looks like you had a lot of fun catching up with family. You and your Uncle do look a lot alike (crazy). pretty cool pictures specially the one of the blacksmith shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Looks like you had a lot of fun catching up with family. You and your Uncle do look a lot alike (crazy). pretty cool pictures specially the one of the blacksmith shop.

Thanks.. It was so great, I could go on and on. I somehow even became “uncle Joey” to my cousins little one.

I also really liked how down there sheriffs encourage you to shoot for defense, verses here in Boston you gotta run into your bedroom and be cornered before you can legally defend yourself.

back to work and there’s been about 2 major problems so far this morning. 🤪

• Like 2

15 minutes on the rower and 20 minutes of stretching. Thats  all i felt like after  a 12.5 hour day.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Crusher deadlifts    short loading pin

105x1 106x1 107.5x1 both hands

nn 3x4

115x2 119x2 123x2

nn 2” thumbless 

218x3 220x3 222x3

baby inch couch pad boosts 

no air time

some calisthenics and strand pulling

i tried bent presses with a 20lbs plate, like james fuller.. I really like these. 

sorta just a get back into it session. I've acquired a gut and I'm determined to loose it and I think i picked up a bug at the airport, feel like i got a cold and my stomach isn't great.  

Social Distortion and Bad Religion in concert tonight which id normally be wicked excited for but I'd rather sleep.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Sad 2

Hope you feel better soon, Joe.  Great concert lineup.

• Thanks 1

Get better soon! Eat something good and then just sleep

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

Hope you feel better soon, Joe.  Great concert lineup.

17 minutes ago, matek said:

Get better soon! Eat something good and then just sleep

Thanks guys. I know once I get to the show I’ll get a 2nd wind.

staying as far away as possible from the mosh pit though, got stuck in one last year and I just wanted to start throwing punches I hate that crap.

• Like 3

Had to skip rowing didn’t get home till almost 1am.Show was amazing and met bassist of Bad Religion. Social Distortion killed it

hope I can row later but gotta help friend move

• Like 3

sounds like you had fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Had to skip rowing didn’t get home till almost 1am.Show was amazing and met bassist of Bad Religion. Social Distortion killed it

hope I can row later but gotta help friend move

ROCK ON! Details man...how did you meet the bassist? Was he cool and talk a bit?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

ROCK ON! Details man...how did you meet the bassist? Was he cool and talk a bit?

He walked by as we were walking to car. We thanked him and said show was great. I didn’t shake his hand but everyone else I was with got too. He was very chatty, if we wanted to we could have talked for a while I’m sure.

I was not familiar with most of their music but they killed it. I’m a fan now. Social Distortion came on who I’m a huge fan of and sounded so great. Mike Ness had cancer last year. He’s got the coolest 36 ford coup.

Funny side note. Gregg  Graffin The singer of bad religion is a college professor at Cornell and actually his last solo album “Millport” and wrote a song about it is the tiny village in upstate ny my mom grew up in. I think there’s only 300 people there and if you added them all up I don’t think think you could put together a full mouth of teeth in that village. And that red building in the cover is still there.

• Like 1

I like Bad Religion. I'd have to look but probably have four if their cds at homeiPad. I think all four made it into a gym playlist I had loaded on an old iPod.

As for Social Distortion, did they play Ring of Fire? Just curious.  Around when that cover dropped I sang it dressed as Johnny Cash with a band I knew playing a Halloween party at a bar in DC. Was just one cool song with them but super fun. And yes...we did it Social Distortion style...hahaha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

I like Bad Religion. I'd have to look but probably have four if their cds at homeiPad. I think all four made it into a gym playlist I had loaded on an old iPod.

As for Social Distortion, did they play Ring of Fire? Just curious.  Around when that cover dropped I sang it dressed as Johnny Cash with a band I knew playing a Halloween party at a bar in DC. Was just one cool song with them but super fun. And yes...we did it Social Distortion style...hahaha

Yes they played Ring Of Fire. Haha, thats awesome Id like to see that on film.

• Haha 1

tonight 25 minutes on rower and 20 minutes of stretching

• Like 1

Plate curls 

20lbs plate  3x3 both hands

10lbs sledge curls 

12”x5 13”x5 12”x5 both hands

Rear lever

20”x5 21”x5 20”x5

pronation and supination

9” 3 sets of 5

some weighted rows push ups and squats and strandpulling

had to get up at 3:30am and rush this session would of liked to done more especially since I was off for so long but gotta get to dump early.

Thats Massachusetts for you made it hard to get rid of construction debris 

• Like 3

Not that anyone cares but this is what I’m talking about. They shut down all the dumps and put a limit on how much construction debris a place can take a day. There’s a  chance they will reach their limit and I’ll have to turn around and come back next week. Do construction debris on Fridays.IMG_0656.thumb.jpeg.e3e53f2e530cb523d2c4b7d927649193.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

THATS SUCKS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Not that anyone cares but this is what I’m talking about. They shut down all the dumps and put a limit on how much construction debris a place can take a day. There’s a  chance they will reach their limit and I’ll have to turn around and come back next week. Do construction debris on Fridays.IMG_0656.thumb.jpeg.e3e53f2e530cb523d2c4b7d927649193.jpeg

Seems pretty counter productive eh, especially if there is a high demand, I imagine this will just get worse over time until they increase the limits. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. 

If it gets really bad you’ll probably start seeing people dumping their debris off under bridges or on the outskirts of town

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruxGripman said:

Seems pretty counter productive eh, especially if there is a high demand, I imagine this will just get worse over time until they increase the limits. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. 

If it gets really bad you’ll probably start seeing people dumping their debris off under bridges or on the outskirts of town

Bingo yup... They  already do! it was a 3 hour round trip, something that should only take an hour. Plus I gotta go back roads because the truck staties are out in the morning and love to pull over anyone in a truck and they always find something.

I can't figure out why they do it and why theres a daily limit each dump can take. My guess is as a state maybe for environmental  reasons if they keep it under a certain figure for the year maybe theres a federal kickback? At the end of the day it all comes down to money.

meanwhile you have diesel trucks idling longer, driving further to go to the dumps ect ect