Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

This morning 

Ring dips, push ups, tricep dips, tricep extensions, HSPU progression, pike push ups

Went very light on these

Chest Krusher 4 springs 10, 8

Chest Expander OHP, 2 variations of archer Pulls, Bent press and a tricep extension/ohp move not sure what to call it

I'll row tonight. 

• Like 5

nice Monday workout

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Quick ring session

Crusher 

105x2 110x2 102.5  both hands 

NN 3x4

105x3 107.5x3 110x3

NN 2” thumbless deadlift 

220x1 222.5x1 225x1

Baby inch band deloads

Left 8” 8 secs 8 10secs  9”x10secs

Right 8” 10 secs 8” 10 secs  9”x10secs

Baby inch negs 3x5 both hands 

Chest Expander Overhead downward pull knuckles facing, lat raise, bicep curl, front chest pull, back press, making good progression

Not my best performance with crusher handle. Was aiming for 112.5lbsx2, which im sure ive done, barely got 110x2... had to drop down to 102.5 to get a clean doubles. Not to long ago 100lbs was  far off in the distance, now i'm flipping it off in the rear view mirror... Soon enough 110 will be and 120 and so on and so on.

Yesterday my framer who i haven't seen in awhile said it looks like i've put some muscle on, as did my Dentist last night and the dental hygienist.. That was nice to hear.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 5

Nice workout!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Nice workout!

Thank you wrist god.

Getting close to the baby inch. I weighed my set up week back or so when i did 114.5lbs... With the crusher handle and loading pin  127lbs... 

They say 2.5lbs crusher handle is p4p closest thing to lifting the inch.  Not sure if thats weight added or total.. I think either way i should start to getting some air under the baby inch with one hand very soon.

• Like 3

NICE WORK ON THE DEADLIFTS

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Thanks 1

Last night 3000m on the rower 20 minutes of yoga

Did power yoga this morning

Last night I fell asleep using my computer before 6:30 and slept until 4:30 this morning.. I must have needed it!

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

warm ups- Push ups, pike push ups, hspu against wall, and ring dips, band assisted thumbless thick bar pull ups 

Chest Krusher 3 springs inverted 3x12

Chest Expander, archer pulls, ohp, and bent press

Plate Curls

17x5 17.5x5 20x3 both hands

10lbs sledge work

Curls  10"x5x2   11"x5   both hands

Rear Levers

18"x5x2 19"x5    both hands

Pronation Supination 

7"x5 8"x5x2 both hands

2 sets of Sledge finger walks

Wrist Developer orange spring+2 rubberbands 1 rep up to 3-3 then no rubber bands 1 rep back down to 1-1

Kettlebell Goblet squats 26lbx8 35x6 55x4 72x2 72x1

Kettlebell ohp 35lbs 3x3

Kettlebell Clean and press 55lbx2x2

Johns Orbi-grip+3lbs for 30 seconds each hand

Wrist plate curls 15lbsx6 12.5x6 10x6 7.5x5 5x6 2.5x6 both hands

Sidewinder

Messed around with kettlebells a little bit in between sets just cause. Might add thing in to the routine again. And i'd like to actually learn pistol squats instead of just talking about it.. Was working on a roof yesterday with  decent pitch and tried them out.  Way easier when your foot is at an angle. Going to find a wedged block to use.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

warm ups- Push ups, pike push ups, hspu against wall, and ring dips, band assisted thumbless thick bar pull ups 

Chest Krusher 3 springs inverted 3x12

Chest Expander, archer pulls, ohp, and bent press

Plate Curls

17x5 17.5x5 20x3 both hands

10lbs sledge work

Curls  10"x5x2   11"x5   both hands

Rear Levers

18"x5x2 19"x5    both hands

Pronation Supination 

7"x5 8"x5x2 both hands

2 sets of Sledge finger walks

Wrist Developer orange spring+2 rubberbands 1 rep up to 3-3 then no rubber bands 1 rep back down to 1-1

Kettlebell Goblet squats 26lbx8 35x6 55x4 72x2 72x1

Kettlebell ohp 35lbs 3x3

Kettlebell Clean and press 55lbx2x2

Johns Orbi-grip+3lbs for 30 seconds each hand

Wrist plate curls 15lbsx6 12.5x6 10x6 7.5x5 5x6 2.5x6 both hands

Sidewinder

Messed around with kettlebells a little bit in between sets just cause. Might add thing in to the routine again. And i'd like to actually learn pistol squats instead of just talking about it.. Was working on a roof yesterday with  decent pitch and tried them out.  Way easier when your foot is at an angle. Going to find a wedged block to use.

That's a nice, long workout. Have you tried the WD2 without any padding? Not smg I do often (just tried a few times), but it's just humbling how much even a small piece of suede decreases the pain

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, matek said:

That's a nice, long workout. Have you tried the WD2 without any padding? Not smg I do often (just tried a few times), but it's just humbling how much even a small piece of suede decreases the pain

Thank you

Yes I have and yes its amazing the difference suede makes..  

Was just thinking about that yesterday as well. Had to carry  a 5 gallon bucket of stone.   When I first started construction and way before i got into grip when i'd carry 5 gallon buckets and the plastic over the wire handle was missing it would dig in and kill my hands.

After awhile id slide those plastic things out of the way and carry them that way. Its a GREAT hand conditioner, and it reminds me of the same pain as the WD2 with no wraps.   Its not something you want to max out on but I think there some great benefits IMO.

This is my first every actually training with the WD, before it was warm ups for bending and just did what I felt on a given day. Keeping it to singles for now, at the end of my workouts and just adding a rubber band a week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thank you

Yes I have and yes its amazing the difference suede makes..  

Was just thinking about that yesterday as well. Had to carry  a 5 gallon bucket of stone.   When I first started construction and way before i got into grip when i'd carry 5 gallon buckets and the plastic over the wire handle was missing it would dig in and kill my hands.

After awhile id slide those plastic things out of the way and carry them that way. Its a GREAT hand conditioner, and it reminds me of the same pain as the WD2 with no wraps.   Its not something you want to max out on but I think there some great benefits IMO.

This is my first every actually training with the WD, before it was warm ups for bending and just did what I felt on a given day. Keeping it to singles for now, at the end of my workouts and just adding a rubber band a week.

Yeah I bet doing that for hours would condition the hand really well. My first ever job (when I was a teenager) was helping elderly people dispose of their heavy junk to the scrapyard. I was already working out, but I remember it killing my hands. 

Nice! Be careful about singles. That's when the Wrist Developer truly transforms to the Elbow Developer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matek said:

Yeah I bet doing that for hours would condition the hand really well. My first ever job (when I was a teenager) was helping elderly people dispose of their heavy junk to the scrapyard. I was already working out, but I remember it killing my hands. 

Nice! Be careful about singles. That's when the Wrist Developer truly transforms to the Elbow Developer. 

Sounds like an interesting first job. Thats bull work. Pretty sure Stanless Steel Stanley Pleskun is or was a scrapper for a living.  I've done by share of it. 

Thanks, what i'm doing now I'm leaving plenty in the tank for that reason, it kills my elbows, thumbs and ulnar if i'm not careful.. 

• Like 1

This morning 30 minutes on the rower and 20 minutes of stretching

Happened again last night fell asleep watching tv before 6:30 and slept until 4:30 this morning. I like the extra 2 or 3 hours of sleep but I had stuff to do last night.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

NN 2” deadlift

200x2 205x2 215x2

Blobtop

left 17.5x1 5 sets

Right 16.5x1 5 sets

Crusher thumbless deadlift

90x2 92.5x2 95x2 both hands

80lbs 30sec AMRAP Left 20   Right14

Crusher holds

85lbsx10 seconds 3 sets both hands

Loadable inch handle gooseneck holds 

50lbsx10 seconds 60x10 65x10

Being vague but high reps good pump with rings and chest expander today

Had to drop weights a lot today... On a couple OTC medications for something and i'm having stomach issues from it. But i still got a great workout in.

Also was talking to a locally famous comedian last night.. He wants to get into armwrestling. He's a pretty cool dude, has been on TV and has had a radio show. My uncle Joe claims he taught this guy everything he knows about entertaining..  Also have heard from some mutual friends, including a  retired cop that hes a VERY tough guy, so would be interested in maybe learning with him. We will see.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

This morning.. was up at 3:30am. Watched James Fuller interview on the Grip Show.

30 minutes 4500m rower 30 minutes yoga

Snapped a 60d timber tie in squat position,

reverse-"un"reverse-reverse 3/16x7  CRS... Couldn't snap it

3mm wire.. from World of Grip, again tried snapping but could't... 

There's a technique to snapping tiny nails but im still not sure of it.  Just light stuff this morning

I'm feeling much better today... Yesterday was bad, my pharmacist sister in law says it was more than likely from the medicine I was taking. 

• Like 4

Short on time tonight so just

20 minutes with the chest krusher and chest expander, got a good pump in the triceps.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Warm up with the Chest Expander

Crusher

104.5x1 102.5x2  95x3 97.5 100x3   104.5x3 105x3 105.5x3 106.5x2 both hands

NN 3x4

113.5x1 117.5x1 120x1

NN 2” thumbless

215x2 217.5x2 220x2

10 minutes trying to lift baby inch... Got the back end up few times but that was it

baby inch negs

3x5 both hands

Baby inch band assist holds 

left 9”x10 10”x6secs 10”x6secs

right 9”x10 10”x5 secs  10”x6secs

Will do some ring work tonight if i feel up to it

W

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

10 minutes trying to lift baby inch... Got the back end up few times but that was it

Stay the course, Joe.  That Baby Inch will surprise you one day soon and yield to your strength.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Stay the course, Joe.  That Baby Inch will surprise you one day soon and yield to your strength.

Thanks Doug 

• Like 1

Not really a grip workout but this morning at work i had to carry 20 110lbs boxes about 100ft and up then 20 stairs. Took about 2 hours. 

Tonight was brief got a new weighted vest to try out. Added 9lbs did some curls and rowing on the rings, thick rolling bar chin ups and some squats.. Its a nice vest made by Mir. Going to start going for walks at nice with it on once the warm weather breaks

Then did 20 minutes of yoga.

• Like 4

THAT IS A KILLER WORKOUT!

you must have been beat after that

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

THAT IS A KILLER WORKOUT!

you must have been beat after that

I was ok, just paced myself and had an extra protein shake last night. 

IMG_0047.thumb.jpeg.cdb306c939c11251e94ef36c2feccf7e.jpeg

This plus 5min warm up 15 minutes slow pace and 15 minutes of yoga

@John Knowlton thought I was fine after all that until I went to row. Took until the 8th set to finally feel warmed up. It was mainly my glutes.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Chest Expander OHP, Archer Rows, and Tricep extensions did some iso metric holds also

Plate curls 

16lbsx8  x6 x6

10lbs Sledge

Curls

10”x3 10”x3 11”x3

Rear lever

18”x5 18”x5 19”x5

Pronation and Supination 

8” x3 both hands

weighted pike push up +9lbs

2x3

weighted ring push ups 

2x10

Weighted squats 

2x8

weighted ring tricep extensions

2x12

Ring Dips

100lbs sandbag carry 2x30 seconds 

plate wrist curls 10lbs 2x15

Chest Krusher 3 springs 2x25

IMG_0061.thumb.jpeg.807862e8c700d1d3faa6787194561d26.jpeg

gains are slowly coming 

Left elbow and right thumb sore so didnt hit 5 reps on sledge curls pronation and supination and after first set dropped to 6 reps on plate curls. Had to omit WD2 because of it. 

And I left a lot in the tank with the weighted vest moves, but I just want my body to get used to additional weight first.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 5

looking big and strong

• Thanks 1