Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

nice one today

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Theres something to be said for just showing up on some days. It all adds up.. That being said i'm looking forward to taking a couple weeks off when the time is right... But until then.

Especially with all the elbow issues with grip/arm wrestling.  “Blood flow” workouts are what I call those days.  Did that today with my shoulders - super sore, so I took some bands and pretended I was in a 1 min race of “band shoulder presses/extentions” lol.  Works 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Especially with all the elbow issues with grip/arm wrestling.  “Blood flow” workouts are what I call those days.  Did that today with my shoulders - super sore, so I took some bands and pretended I was in a 1 min race of “band shoulder presses/extentions” lol.  Works 

I do those types of workouts a lot when I'm not feeling up to doing much. I think they are great 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, maidenfan said:

5 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

I do those types of workouts a lot when I'm not feeling up to doing much. I think they are great 

Yup, they make a huge difference.. I actually really enjoy them and find those sessions relaxing because its training but no pressure...

Tonight was 12 minutes straight with the 5lbs indian clubs.. got a good burn and 15 minutes of stretching

• Like 6

Ring work, rows, bicep curls, pelican curls, pull ups, face pulls  

NN 2” deadlift

245x2 247.5x2 252.5x2

Blobtop 

left 18.25x1 18.5x1 18.75x1 19x1 19.25x1

right 16.25x1  16.75x1 17x1 17.25x1 17.5x1

2.5” crusher thumbless 

97.5x3 99x3 100x3

100lbs as many reps 30secs

Left 4

right 5

2.5 crusher holds

Left 95x10 95.5x6 95.25x5sec

Right 95x10 95.5x6 95.25x4sec

Loadable inch handle gooseneck hold

70x10sec 70.5x10 71x10

axle row thumbless

95x8 115x8 125x8 130x8

Tried a cool squat variation @maidenfan posted...  I really liked these but the weight was really low. 

Sidewinder and extensor bands...

Gotta work for a couple hours then I plan on doing nothing.  Been talking to a few girls, hopefully something comes out of one of them.  After getting to know one of them i'm pretty sure i went to school with her in my grade. But I don't remember her at all.. I remember her sister though.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 6

Every time I read "Blobtop," I can't help but think of this:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Every time I read "Blobtop," I can't help but think of this:

Hahaha now im going too... Whenever I type "Axle Rows".... Of course I think of ......image.png.d63b1b5b974881b54933bc590d84e0c8.png

I love play on words and puns. if you haven't noticed.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Hahaha now im going too... Whenever I type "Axle Rows".... Of course I think of ......image.png.d63b1b5b974881b54933bc590d84e0c8.png

I love play on words and puns. if you haven't noticed.

Vince Neil could use some Axle Rows

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, maidenfan said:

Vince Neil could use some Axle Rows

You got right.. I actually feel bad for Vince.. He doesn't seem like a bad dude and its just sad to see him out there. and no Mick Mars no Motley Crue..  I could never go see them gain.

First concert I saw Motley Crue and Aerosmith, i was 13..  Would of been a lot more fun if I was 21 i know that much.. And was sorta awkward because i was with my dad.

2nd one was GNR 2 months later... I slept through the whole thing because Axl didn't want to come out until 11:45...

• Like 3

You got right.. I actually feel bad for Vince.. He doesn't seem like a bad dude and its just sad to see him out there. and no Mick Mars no Motley Crue..  I could never go see them gain.

First concert I saw Motley Crue and Aerosmith, i was 13..  Would of been a lot more fun if I was 21 i know that much.. And was sorta awkward because i was with my dad.

2nd one was GNR 2 months later... I slept through the whole thing because Axl didn't want to come out until 11:45...

Both of those guys need help

• Like 1

Tonight 

5 minutes with the indian clubs, 2000m on the rower and 20 minutes of stretching

• Like 3

20 minute walk and 10minutes of stretching 

off to Maine for the day

• Like 2

Deload week

Crusher

92x3 93x3 94x3 95x3 96x3

NN 3x4

95x3x3

NN 2" Thumbless deadlift

185x3x3

Some real light work with the chest expander... My left shoulder is 80% better... I just bought the newest chest expander by Baraban called the Rollon, made after Fred Rollon.. Each spring is 3.5x the strength of the one have now.  

I've come  to really like "strandpulling"..  Instead of just using it in between grip sets i'm going to take training with it more serious.. It was hard to take serious because its both something i'd envision dudes like my grandfather using them in high school and the military back in the day (which is cool) but also something my grandmother would use while watching soap opera's back in the 70s.🤣

Also I think I still prefer the David Horne chalk to Mighty Mitts, but that could also just be because i'm used to it. Either way i'm glad to have both and will continue to use and purchase both. As I still really like the Mighty Mitts.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

This morning, just 20 minutes yoga video I found that was  actually slightly intense.

Followed by cooking the most amazing breakfast burrito this morning.

• Like 5

Breakfast burritos are the bomb.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Breakfast burritos are the bomb.

IMG_9689.thumb.jpeg.ccce23d45fcf3983a9873e3d1a74a163.jpeg

indeed they are 

• Like 3

F$#KING LOOKING GOOD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

indeed they are 

2 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

F$#KING LOOKING GOOD 

My kids would tear those up.  Every other week or so I do breakfast tacos for Taco Tuesday.  Set out stuff like scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, cheese, etc and they pick out what they want.  They love it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

My kids would tear those up.  Every other week or so I do breakfast tacos for Taco Tuesday.  Set out stuff like scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, cheese, etc and they pick out what they want.  They love it!

I bet.. That sounds like a fun thing to do.

I had to run home so I just made another one minus the eggs for lunch.🤤

This is my typical breakfast.  Whatever I have left over for meats goes with the eggs.. If no left overs sausage/bacon... 3 eggs scrambled with greek yogurt, cheese, avocado, spinach if i have any, toast or in this case a taco shell..

Then theres the protein shake...  whole milk, chocolate protein powder..  load it up with peanut butter and  I add a few graham crackers to thicken it, sometimes ice coffee. Also if you have brownies laying around throw those in there. but you need a strong blender. I'm not a sweets person but once in awhile if i do have some brownies, they go in the mix.

i know i'm a glutton.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

...Whatever I have left over for meats goes with the eggs.. If no left overs sausage/bacon...

Then theres the protein shake...  whole milk, chocolate protein powder..  load it up with peanut butter and  I add a few graham crackers to thicken it, sometimes ice coffee. Also if you have brownies laying around throw those in there. but you need a strong blender. I'm not a sweets person but once in awhile if i do have some brownies, they go in the mix.

i know i'm a glutton.

What is left over bacon?  I never seem to have any of that at my house.  Just eaten bacon.  😂🤣😅

Your protein shake sounds good.  No idea why I haven't been doing that...

Bought one of those Ninja things a decade ago because I made all the kids' baby food from scratch.  (Well..90% of it anyway.  Think I bought a couple things here or there when traveling.)

I should be making my own smoothies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice light day

Plate curls 12.5lbs 8x3 both hands

10lbs sledge work

curls 

9"x2x3 both hands

rear levers

18"x2x3 both hands

pronation and supination

6"x5x3 both hands

Plate wrist curls

10lbsx8 both hands 12.5x12 both hands

My right wrist bends back on sledge curls and plate curls so I decided to start doing plate wrist curls too.. Hopefully this strengthens my right wrist.... Deload week so i went a little lighter, i'll try 15lbs next week. 

Chest Expander a bunch of moves with springs for sets of 5...

Been performing these really slow and on the eccentric part,  I can really feel it in my left rhomboid/ shoulder area and it honestly feels better from just a couple sessions like this...  

Good easy workout... Last 4 meals have been tacos/burritos due to so much left over ground beef.

No more for a while as i'm about 1 taco shy of having to change my name to Jose.

• Like 5

Nice workout today

we were taking about your recipe for your protein shake. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice workout today

we were taking about your recipe for your protein shake. 

Thank you..

My mom grew up dirt poor so cereal for her was crushed up graham crackers in milk....  Its delicious but gets soggy fast. I figured with a strong enough blender it would probably thicken up the protein shake and it does. When I mix with ice coffee its very filling.. I need to eat my breakfast before consuming it.

• Like 3

NN 2" Deadlift

225x3x3

Blobtop

15x1x5 both hands

Crusher thumbless deadlfit

80x3x3 both hands

Crusher holds

80x10secx3 both hands

Loadable inch dumbbell gooseneck holds

50x10secx3 both hands

That was it, blew through it.. My right wrist is still sore but i think should be good for next week. My left rhomboid is feeling better.  I slept wrong Thursday night and my neck and right trap kill. But its better today..

My brother thinks its funny and says this is your 30s... I've also never trained as hard as I am now.  He wont be laughing when i'm bending bolts doing a neck bridge when i'm 60 like David Horne... Thats the plan anyways. 

But this is the best way to describe my body lately. 🤣

b5dc4d4f83a2d3722e0bede4b3f86167.gif

• Like 4

This morning 2000m on the rower and 15 minutes of stretching followed by 15 minutes of chasing my 1 year old nephew around this morning. Will do my gymnastic rings tonight.

Ate and partied like I was watching the Superbowl last night except I didn't watch the Superbowl..  I just don't care for the NFL after all the kneeling controversy a few years back.

Little groggy this morning and after about like 5 times this winter of feeling like I was getting sick, I finally got a little cold..

Happy Monday

• Like 3