Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

Nice work

You look like a old time strong man.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice work

You look like an old time strong man.

Thanks John. I could feel it in my forearm a little so I’m not going to try bending anything hard for a while. I sure do miss it. 

thinking about snapping little nails for now maybe. That’s brutal on the fingers. Maybe even braced bending. We will see. I’ve been feeling more rested for my thick bar  which means faster progress

• Like 1

tonight just did some some gymnastic ring and chest krusher work and 4000m on the rower and 25 minutes of stretching for the lower back.

I discovered I was doing ring dips partially wrong and they feel much more comfortable now but harder.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I discovered I was doing ring dips partially wrong and they feel much more comfortable now but harder.

What were you doing/what did you change?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

What were you doing/what did you change?

I wasn't turning my hands out as far as I should when I got to the top. Still not sure my form is spot on, but i'm working on it.  

Edited by Blacksmith513

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I wasn't turning my hands out as far as I should when I got to the top. Still not sure my form is spot on, but i'm working on it.  

Oh gotcha. Yeah that takes some getting used to in order to trust holding yourself up with full supination. 

• Like 1

Gymnastic rings-pull ups, rows, pelican curls, curls, face pulls

few variations of bodyweight squats... 

Chest Expander few moves with 5 springs... ( I really like using this in between grip lifts) It works the upper back, shoulders and delts and doesnt take my hands

Crusher Deadlift

104x2 104.5x2 105x2 105.5x2 106x2

NN 2x5 pinch 

148x3 150x3 152x3 155x1 160x1

NN 2” thumbless deadlift 

210x3 211.5x3 212.5x3

baby inch band assist deloads @14 inches

left 7 8 7 seconds

right 7 8 5 seconds

baby inch negs 

3x5 both hands

thunbless axle rows

105x3 125x3 135x3 140x3

Flask 2holds

95x10 105x10 115x10 seconds

ran out of time but did 2 light sets of wrist curls with the axle 

55x20 75x20

Red im extensor bands and sidewinder

Wish the Flask loading pin was taller or i had 100lbs plates because i like using this for 2h holds... Its gonna get to a point soon where i gotta lower the weight and do 1h holds

Posted a picture of my inch and a video of me levering to my instagram/facebook. Had an old friend reach out to me and ask if i've become a monster over the last 13 years since we last saw each other.🤣 I said im in training to be. We are gonna meet up sometime.

Also got a quote on the 70kg Nathan Holle inch and it would be dumb to not also order the 20kg and 24kg Blobs.... The inch might get lonely on its way over here. 

Should be able to finagle enough money with my "play money"... 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 3

Forgot to post last night 4000m on the rower and 15 minutes of stretching

This morning

HSPU progression, pike push ups, ring push ups, ring dips, tricep dips tricep extensions

Chest Krusher 4 springs 3x5

OHP with Chest Expander

2h Levering

20x3 17.5x3 15x3

10lbs sledge curls

9"x5 both hands 3 sets

Rear Lever

17"x5 18"x5 17"x5 both hands

Pronation and supination

7"x5 8"x5 7"x5 both hands

2 sets of finger walks

Thats it no extra work. Wrists feel fried, I have no idea whats going on with my levering, my form was never perfect put was consistent.. Now i had to drop down to 15lbs to get something decent, but its also has felt uncomfortable for the past month like I said.  Maybe the tendons need a break from that movement.

• Like 4

Hey Joe, still on all that’s a great workout

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey Joe, still on all that’s a great workout

Thanks John. Not that I’m great with levering but just not sure why all of the sudden I’ve regressed so much. My progress has always been very consistent with it.

• Like 1

Felt like junk this morning so only 15 minutes on the rower and few minutes of stretching.

Thursday is beer night at the garage.. My brother cant take a little cold and insists on turning on the propane heater.  It makes us all feel sick the next day every time without fail.. It must be from the carbon monoxide. 

edit

Good news is i should be selling another guitar today.. If it goes through,  i'll have enough to buy the the 70kg Holle Bell and couple blobs now.. Just want to think about it before pulling the trigger. 

Also got a 2nd credit card and if i spend $500 I get $200 back. So I plan on using that card and paying it off immediately.  I dont like having a balance.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Felt like junk this morning so only 15 minutes on the rower and few minutes of stretching.

Thursday is beer night at the garage.. My brother cant take a little cold and insists on turning on the propane heater.  It makes us all feel sick the next day every time without fail.. It must be from the carbon monoxide. 

edit

Good news is i should be selling another guitar today.. If it goes through,  i'll have enough to buy the the 70kg Holle Bell and couple blobs now.. Just want to think about it before pulling the trigger. 

Also got a 2nd credit card and if i spend $500 I get $200 back. So I plan on using that card and paying it off immediately.  I dont like having a balance.

NOTE:  I only checked "like" for the second half.  Cool news about some potential equipment additions.  And smart move with using credit card incentives but paying it off immediately.

But yeah...sounds like something's up with that propane heater, man.  Fumes or CO2...either one sounds bad for ya.  🤮

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

NOTE:  I only checked "like" for the second half.  Cool news about some potential equipment additions.  And smart move with using credit card incentives but paying it off immediately.

But yeah...sounds like something's up with that propane heater, man.  Fumes or CO2...either one sounds bad for ya.  🤮

Yeah we decided no more with the heater.. 

The guitar transaction fell through.. I wanted $650obo which is on the higher side of reasonable... The dude offered me $300... I wanted to tell him i'd smash it for that price but instead I said $500 is the lowest i'll go..  

He tried getting me to agree to $400 but i wouldn't.

We messaged back and forth and agreed on $500... He tried pulling a fast one and he counted out $400 and said thats what we thought we agreed on, I was like  nope and pulled out our conversation he tried to talk himself out....  I think he thought I was a fool.

I'm far from being the smartest person but when it comes to me and money, not much gets by me.

• Like 2

That sucks...  Wait for the right buyer that can actually commit to a deal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

That sucks...  Wait for the right buyer that can actually commit to a deal.

Yup. I don’t price things high unless it’s something I really don’t want to sell but will for x amount. 

And I’m all for bargaining but don’t insult me or waste my time. I try to be fair as a buyer and seller.

• Like 2

some people just suck!

• Like 2

Ring work pull ups, rows, pelican curls, bicep curls and face pulls

except for pull ups all where high rep..  Very cold in the attic so kept it fast pace

Bodyweight squats 1 leg and 2 leg variation

Chest Expander high  rep super sets... Unfortunlty injured my left shoulder, sprung back on me  felt something pull

NN 2” deadlift

242.5x3 245x3 247.5x3

Blobtop

Left18x1 18.5x1 18.75x1 19xbroke ground 18.75x1

Right 16x1 16.5x1 17xbroke ground  16.25x1 16.25x1     righty just isnt having it with the Blobtop.

Crusher Thumbless 

93.5x3 94x3 94.5x3 both hands       98x2 99x2 100x2 both hands

Crusher holds 

93.5x10 93.75x7 93.75x9seconds

93.5x10 93.75x7 93.75x7seconds

Loadable inch gooseneck holds

left 68.5x7 68.5x9 68.5x9seconds

right68.5x8 68.5x9 68.5x7seconds

Tried out Blobtop curls.. I dont even need weight yet, just the loading pin.. Really works the thumbs and wrists.. Would like to keep this one on the routine, and can go up in .25lbs at a time... use a t bar collar and it locks the weight in place.

Messed up reading my log for the day and did triples for the Crusher thumbless then went back and saw was supposed to do doubles at a higher weight.. So i got some extra thick bar in today

Hope my arm is ok,  but this happens to it once in awhile...Took a fall 8 years ago and never been right since.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

Had to burn off breakfast IMG_9531.thumb.jpeg.64eb19d85732b9149fffa3fb39011157.jpegIMG_9553.thumb.jpeg.789796f846741c1de4b5ecbf5bed23cc.jpeg

Foam rolling and rolling on lacrosse ball for shoulder. Then 20 minutes of swinging with the Indian clubs.

Attic is cold today 42 this afternoon in it.

Will go for a walk later and do some more stretching.

• Like 5

Nothing crazy tonight, my left shoulder/rhomboid is hurting.  So did some light ring work and 20 minutes on the rower, plus 10 minutes of stretching. Got a little something else going on too. There goes staying injury free 2024.. New goal is to strengthen whatever weakness I have in the left shoulder/rhomboid.

Its too bad, supposed to go to a rock climbing gym with my friend tomorrow night, always wanted to try it and it seems like a good activity to get into. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Nothing crazy tonight, my left shoulder/rhomboid is hurting.  ...  There goes staying injury free 2024.. New goal is to strengthen whatever weakness I have in the left shoulder/rhomboid.

Its too bad, supposed to go to a rock climbing gym with my friend tomorrow night, always wanted to try it and it seems like a good activity to get into. 

Feel better soon Joe...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ring work, rows, curls, pelican curls, pull ups and face pulls,

Crusher

108x1 110x1 112x1 113x1 114x1 both hands

really had to dig deep for these

2x5 NN pinch

140x3 145x2 145x2  150x1 152x1

NN 2” thumbless 

215x2 217.5x2 220x2

Baby inch band assist deloads

both hands 3x10 seconds at 5" 

Baby inch negs

3x5 both hands

Arm feels a little better but i didn't lift the baby inch to full height as my hemorrhoids came back, thats the other thing I got going on.  I got them for the the first time last January literally like a year ago to the day, after I came home from Colorado... Maybe its a seasonal thing for me🤣

So between that and my arm not sure i should try rock climbing tonight. we will see.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

Go for it. If it starts hurting back off. If anything you are out with friends having fun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Go for it. If it starts hurting back off. If anything you are out with friends having fun.

Turns out my friend doesn't have the money this week to do it.. Works out good for me. But i'm excited to try it, like I said maybe it could become a new hobby. Might be a good place to makes friends who could be into grip with me 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 3

Rower 5 min warm up 5x1min 30 sec rest 

4x30sec30sec rest 5 minute cool down 15 minutes of stretching

Move over Miller found a new love. Gotta be the upstate NY in me. IMG_9599.thumb.jpeg.2ce024258728c1b6e3cdfdffdda2f8f2.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice, 😊 looks interesting 

• Like 1