Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

14 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Funerals bring the worst out in some people.It’s a great thing you were there for them for all those years.

Thanks John, just great people and friends they where/are to me. As long as I live I will never have another friend like him.  Not even close. Lots of happy times but lots of sad times too.

• Like 1

Tonight 15 minutes of club swinging and 15 minutes of stretching

• Like 3

33 mins rowing 10 minutes stretching

• Like 4

Slept a little late today. I  needed it.. I have a sinus infection from work again.. Really might look for another line of work where I  don't wreck my body and breath in stuff that will give me lung cancer some day.   Need to run the jackhammer to take down a wall like i did last week in that video

The floor was too thick for our jackhammer so we got a jackhammer attachment for bobcat...  My brother gets to use that  and sit on his @$$ while i load the buckets with concrete. He always gets the easy jobs and i'm tired of it. 

Rushed through my warm up

50kb swings 72lbs kb

2 TGU 44lbs KB

WD2 Orange spring warm ups then bunch of singles 3-4 and 4-3 and a few with +1 rubber band. Didn't record sets so I forget

Levering 

16lbsx3

16.5x3 

17x3

I'll never match Slims levering but I'm going to die trying.  Honestly he was physically the perfect specimen for it, had the perfect mentor and had the right career.   I've got a great coach through 

Bending

DO 

60dgavl IMP 2f 8 seconds

40dbright imp 2f 19 seconds

40dbright imp 2f 2 25

Reverse

1/4x6" DR suede 28 seconds

1/4x6"  DR IMP 3f  1 min

40dbright im 3f wraps touching.. this was hard 1min25

ISO Doubles 6"x1/4 G5 felt easier than the 60d brights

3 7 second hits, took wraps off and crushed.

Lever top

34lbs 2 sets of6 seconds

34.5 1 set 6 seconds

sidetwister and extnsor bands

My first g5

8527183A-E964-44B4-AE74-2C3C5374240D.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

WORK IS WORK 

The only reward for hard work is more hard work.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

WORK IS WORK 

The only reward for hard work is more hard work.

You are right about that John.. I love hard work. I'll always work hard. I actually prefer hard physical labor.  Its the dust that kills me. I have permanently  damaged my sinus's I think. Its like they don't drain.  

But i'm getting older, and look at things different. Unless I kick the bucket first, my body will breakdown someday and I wont be able to do the things i'm doing now. I need a pension, retirement or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Our fathers were not joking when they said hard work builds character! 

Nope they where not. My dad is such a hard worker. But he's too old school. I'm old school but its not 1990 anymore and he's going off the way his dad worked.... So its more like 1955🤣.  But i'm very glad he taught me the same mentality. 

• Like 2

yes hard work builds character , some young people today have no character.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

yes hard work builds character , some young people today have no character.

Agreed John. I am the youngest man at the warehouse, and I'm 24 years old. 

• Like 1

20 mins of yoga and 15 mins Indian clubs and snapped a few bottle caps tonight 

All activities performed under the influence 

E77FCABA-A818-4147-874F-6A655FCA370D.jpeg

• Like 6

33mins 6000m Concept 2 and 5 minutes stretching

slow start this morning. After this long of 4th of July weekend... I'm going to be on good behavior for a week... Or couple days, who am i kidding.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hey Joe that's way cool snapping bottle caps.

Extra long weekend for me. After an old man medical procedure on Monday, I will be under the influence until next Sunday. Barbecuing every day, washing it down with cold frosty beverages, late nights around the fire telling stories and taking shots 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey Joe that's way cool snapping bottle caps.

Extra long weekend for me. After an old man medical procedure on Monday, I will be under the influence until next Sunday. Barbecuing every day, washing it down with cold frosty beverages, late nights around the fire telling stories and taking shots 

Thanks John. Good luck on Monday, bbq and beer sounds good. I’ll have a few for good luck for you.

I will be honest I got messed up last night and didn’t even drink a lot but I had a little green stuff too. But not even that much, it’s been such a stressful past couple weeks I was exhausted, it just hit me hard.

Long story short what I’m trying to say is I couldn’t find the van keys this morning …. I left them in the ignition with the windows down. 😂 never have I done that.

• Like 1

That means you had good fun.

• Like 1

I will put my log for the day in later.

In a hurry. Only making this post because it will remind me.

Yesterdays workot

Warm ups

100kb swings 50 w/ 71lbs KB I thought i was 72lbs and 50 w/ 44lbs KB

5x1 TGU 1 w/55lbs and 4 w/ 44lbskbs

Ring Pull ups 7 body weight

weighted +12.5lbsx3 13lbsx3x2   25lbsx1x2

NN2" Handle 3x3
220 x 3 
225 x 3 
230 x 3 

Left
88 x 5
89 x5
90 x 5

Right      
88 x5
89x5
90 x 5

RGT Holds 3x8-10

75.5 x_6
75.25x 7 
75 x 5

Right
77.75 x8 
77.75x 7
77.75 x 4 

RGT Thumbless Deadlifts

Left
82.5 x 2
83 x 2
83.5 x 2 

Right
84.5 x 2
85 x 2 
85.5 x2 

Moontop -

Left Max
18x 1
18.25x 1
18.5 x 1 
18.75 x1

Right
16x 1
16.25 x 1
16.5 x  1
16.75 1

Chest expander a bunch of sets.. Getting stronger with 5 springs.

Chest Krusher handle came loose so i just did 5-3-1

Last night I did 10 minutes indian club swings and 15 minutes stretching

I have a real hard with RGT holds w/ my left hand. I think after talking to Jedd, it could be from the tendon and ligament damage i did to my left hand...

Put my hand through glass severed tendon in my thumb and then snapped something carrying sheets of hardibacker up stairs... Set them down to adjust my grip, it slid back and i felt a twinge... A few hours later carrying plywood SNAP, the kid i was with heard it. My thumb swelled up like a ballon and it took 2 years to heal.

Going to start taking the thumbscrews more important to work on thumb strength/dexterity. 
Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 7

Yesterday. My brother has mold and structural issues in the back of house from water. I got suited up, got a machine that cleaned the air and demod it. Was very hot in that and I was tired after. 

we took extra precautions because he was a 6month old.

EE1C9FCF-1C21-463C-AAA4-CB8327815675.jpeg

9A081DD7-6F43-4937-AB9B-2D13BA5DC830.jpeg

5886B1EE-8058-4769-A08C-DF099671D3EA.jpeg

5CF68280-8F9A-4C93-AE84-27D95CC82227.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks like a lot of work,

how is it going with your new girl ?

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Looks like a lot of work,

has it going with your girl ?

Thanks John, it was some work and theres some work to put it back. He has like no sill on part of the back of his house. The bolts going into the sill from the deck where in nothing. Could collapse if the right amount of people where out there. 

Its going real good with her. We like each other a lot and have tons of similar interests.. But its hard because she has two young kids and is coming out of a very bad divorce. Its hard to make plans with her.  I never thought id date someone with kids but as you get older its just something that can happen. 

But i'm not quite sure she's really ready to date now to be honest. We will see, just taking it one day at a time.  Shes pretty awesome and if it works out good, if not then theres others out there.

Yep , one day at a time. Nothing wrong with kids. Kids are always fun to have around. and if it doesn’t get serious, you got a new friend.

as far as your brothers house, can you just put a new seal in or is the footing bad to? about 45 years ago when I was in construction I did a job like that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, John Knowlton said:

Yep , one day at a time. Nothing wrong with kids. Kids are always fun to have around. and if it doesn’t get serious, you got a new friend.

as far as your brothers house, can you just put a new seal in or is the footing bad to? about 45 years ago when I was in construction I did a job like that.

No theres not. I don't have an issue with it. I haven't met them yet but i've seen videos they are cute.  Just changes the dynamics.  She's had to cancel 3 times last minute and thats cool, kids come first. I had to cancel today and i get the feeling she's not happy but she didn't say that,I hope i'm wrong.  I don't go for that and if that becomes then issue bye bye. 

We have the deck shored up and the first floor with a temp wall. We gotta reframe the back wall I gutted as needed, put in a new sill and sister up the floor joists and then reconnect the deck to the house. Really not that much work. But enough

• Like 1

Yes kids come first 

• Like 2

At least you’re out having fun. I’m just sitting at home prepping for my old man medical procedure tomorrow.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Yes kids come first 

Yup and told her right away I'm respectful of that. Poor kids don't even have a dad around. 

1 minute ago, John Knowlton said:

At least you’re out having fun. I’m just sitting at home prepping for my old man medical procedure tomorrow.

if i had to guess your having a rather crappy day... Aren't you?

• Like 2