Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Dont loose faith, I read along

I also always read your log buddy. Keep doing what works for you. We are going to conquer this goal eventually.

thanks, I appreciate it!

Today 'middleweight' trainingsession.

Bench, flat, decline and incline (building up incline because of light shoulder pain that is recovering) up to 110 kg (not the incline btw);

Weighted pullups, rowing exc and abs.

In between bench I did my griptraining.

IM#1 (filed) 5 x 1 TNS speedcloses;

IM#2 (filed) 1 x 3 MMS speedcloses;

Vulcan level 15 MMS 1 x 1 closed;

MM2 replica (choked) 1 x 1 explosive close (but just, ok 'cause I'm not on topstrength);

Vulcan level 14 MMS 1 x 4 reps, getting tired, but good closes;

IM#2.5 (filed) CCS 1 x 1 closed;

Took some rest and decided to try: Vulcan level 14 CCS 1 x 1 closed!? Ok. That's cool :) (but just, but I'm glad I did it, level 15 CCS is a whole other story though)

Vulcan level 9 1 x 3 speedreps, but set the handle in a disadvantageous position, back in my hand. That makes a LOT of difference, I believe this can aid in training the CCS. I think I will invest in this. Besides that, this method is working good.

Saturday 70% I think.

Dude. a level 14 CCS is great. Keep it up.

Thnx! yes, it's quite some hauling in with the fingers if you know what I mean. I really think that working more with the gripper in a disadvanteous position helps, Chez!

I mean, try closing your 'easy' IM#2 with the backhandle as much to the rear of your hand as possible. Whole new story! That's what I'm doing now. That's not to say that

working with a good set should be neglected, but I think it's a good add-on in training.

Edited by Geralt

Greasing the groove today.

IM#1 filed, TNS 1 x 5 speedcloses;

IM#2 filed, TNS 5 x 5 speedcloses;

IM#2 filed, MMS 1 x 20 speedcloses;

IM#1 filed, TNS 1 x 10 speedcloses.

Felt froggy today and with the wife to some sort of creative fair, I'm alone with the kids today...

put them behind the telly with a DVD, went into the garage for some squating. Ended up doing 5 x 5 and ended with

20 speedreps with 60 kg, got a crazy pump! 1 x chinups till failure, 1 x dips to failure and some ab work. And 2 x 15 hammercurls

with 15 kg's (33 lbs). Not doing to much, tomorrow grip, again, greasing the groove.

Lots of snow still here, so to the forest with the kids this afternoon.

Toning light benchwork and abs, nothing special, felt a bit sore and the garage is COLD now.

Did grip inbetween.

Filed IM#1 TNS 1 x 5

Vulcan level 9 TNS 1 x 4 closes 'speedreps in slowmotion'. Well, the intentions were there :grin:

Vulcan level 10 TNS 1 x 3 closes the same;

Vulcan level 14 MMS 1 x 1 solid close;

Vulcan level 12 MMS 1 x 5 closes;

Filed IM#2.5 MMS 1 x 4 closes;

Filed IM#2 dogleg placed backwards against thumbbase in disadvantageous position 1 x 5 as fast and explosive as possible;

Filed IM#1 TNS 1 x 25.

Yesterday evening a very light greasing the groove session for grip.

Started with conditioning the deadlift and trying to get a good form. More weight will come.

Deadlift 1 x 10 50 kg;

1 x 10 90 kg;

1 x 10 120 kg;

2 x 5 130 kg;

2 x 10 100 kg.

Grip, hardly worth to mention : TNS IM#1 (filed) x 10

MMS IM#2 (filed) 3 x 4 speedreps.

Tonight extra session, for the rest no trainingpossibilities till monday.

Still not maxing out.

Bench and abs, nothing more.

Grip after grip warm up:

Vulcan level 14 1 x 5 MMS

Vulcan level 12 2 x 4 MMS

Vulcan level 12 CCS closed;

Vulcan level 12 1 x 4 MMS;

Than fumbled around a bit, wristcurls, normal and reversed.

Easing back into it, after a lazy weekend in Zandvoort at the beach, with wife and without kids...I love them dearly but sometimes a weekend off is

w o n d e r f u l :)

Tonight squats, light bench with repwork, triceps, biceps and abs. Wednesday focus on deadlift.

Grip after warming up easing into it with around 70% work.

Vulcan level 3 1 x 5 TNS

Vulcan level 12 1 x 3 MMS speedreps

Vulcan choked level 18, missed by a hair, assisted the last mm closed and held firmlly shut for a while (had to try)

Vulcan level 12 1 x 3 MMS speedreps;

IM#2 (filed) 4 singles TNS speedcloses with a LOT of intensity, focus on real speed;

Vulcan level 8, backhandle in disadvantageous position, 1 x 20 reps MMS speedcloses.

Been to the sauna on valentine's day :flowers::wub::grin:

But got a damn headcold early on, so ot got the best of me the next day grrr....no training, early of to bed...

Yesterday afternoon training in the precinct. Still a bit woozy... Took my Vulcan with me for a 50% session, but started with deadlifts, up to sets with 5 x 150 kg. Felt heavy. Got a little light in my head...

after that weighted pullups, back rows....pulldowns and biceps. Abs after that and I was fried. Talked with a guy who was wondering what the Vulcan was. That happens a lot quite frankly haha

I tried to demonstrated some closes but my strength was completely gone.

This night my youngest daughter got sick and threw up a few times in bed etc..pfff Think this will no be my best trainingweek :chris: Oh well...hope she's well soon.

Been to the sauna on valentine's day :flowers::wub::grin:

But got a damn headcold early on, so ot got the best of me the next day grrr....no training, early of to bed...

Yesterday afternoon training in the precinct. Still a bit woozy... Took my Vulcan with me for a 50% session, but started with deadlifts, up to sets with 5 x 150 kg. Felt heavy. Got a little light in my head...

after that weighted pullups, back rows....pulldowns and biceps. Abs after that and I was fried. Talked with a guy who was wondering what the Vulcan was. That happens a lot quite frankly haha

I tried to demonstrated some closes but my strength was completely gone.

This night my youngest daughter got sick and threw up a few times in bed etc..pfff Think this will no be my best trainingweek :chris: Oh well...hope she's well soon.

Sounds like someone had a fun V-day haha. Hope you and your daughter both feel better soon bro.

Nice to see you're always so much motivated. Keep up the hard work Geralt !

Hey buddy! Good to hear from you again! Thnx, will certainly keep it up. How are you doing Joefrey? Settled now with your 'new' job (almost a year ago haha)?

Hope you have found the time and rest to train again, 'cause you also have a lot of power in you, MM3 should be a nice goal, besides IM#3 cert...you pulled on of quite nicely I remember!

Yesterdayafternoon trainingsession, bench triceps and abs. Short workout.

Grip, started of with a CCS try. My wife filmed it, it was missed big time. But I wasn't warm up. Just tried for fun to see

what I could do could. Well...3 days of headcold and short nights with sick kids also doesn't help I think.

In training I noticed my hand got nicely warmed up. But i didn't go any higher that level 10 on my Vulcan.

Vulcan level 9 2 x 4 speedreps;

IM#2.5 filed 3 x 1 CCS, all closed;

IM#2 (filed) TNS 1 x 8 singles, focus on powerfull closes.

Now my two kids have got some sort of stomach-flu. Throwing up and diarrhoea...pffff and on top of that my wife got sick, so I have been nursing for two nights and today....hope they get well soon. I hate it to see loved ones sick.

After dinner (alone) and putting the kids in bed I dragged myself to the garage, to find that I had some more power than I hoped for, so all in all, a good session.

Between light squat work, arms and some light abs (not worth mentioning) i did grip.

After warmup:

IM#1 (filed) 1 x 5 TNS

Vulcan level 9 1 x 5 MMS speedreps;

Explosive '90%' work singles (felt like it so I took the moment)

MM2 replica (choked to parallel) 1 x 1 closed and held firmly shut;

MM2 replica, removed choker and did 20mm block set 1 x 1: closed;

IM#3, choked, firm explosive close 1 x 1;

Vulcan level 16 (choked to parallel) 1 x 1 closed;

Vulcan level 15 (choked to parallel) 1 x 3 reps, fully parallel;

Some getting used to CCS work, but strength was depleting:

Vulcan level 14 CCS, missed by app. 10 mm or less I would guess (hard to tell when performing a close)

Vulcan level 13 CCS, missed, did it way to fast after the level 14 attempt;

Some more 'cooling down' stuff with the Vulcan.

All in all not to dissapointing, but feeling tired now. Hoping for a 'night in one piece' after 4 nights of cleaning up beds and pyamas :ph34r::chris:

Edited by Geralt

Stomach flu got the best of me. Got sick wednesday..been on the crapper from than till now, quite exhausting I can tell ya...hope it's getting better, count is on 4 kg's weightloss allready now. Can't remember beeing this sick for years...have to take my loss and sit this one out pffff..hope I come through this without to much strengthloss. Want to be able to eat normal before I continue training.

Edited by Geralt

Nice to see you're always so much motivated. Keep up the hard work Geralt !

Hey buddy! Good to hear from you again! Thnx, will certainly keep it up. How are you doing Joefrey? Settled now with your 'new' job (almost a year ago haha)?

Hope you have found the time and rest to train again, 'cause you also have a lot of power in you, MM3 should be a nice goal, besides IM#3 cert...you pulled on of quite nicely I remember!

I'am still on track, don't worry! Working in the new house really helped keep me in good shape but unfortunately kept me away too long from Gripboard. Sorry. Hope that the whole family feels better today. Tiredness is not something easily manageable with small kids and training sometimes suffers from that. But that's life, we love them to much to complain. Have a nice Sunday.

@Joefrey: Good to hear Joefrey. hope to see you post some good stuff soon!

@the rest good people of the gripworld :) :

New session today, healed up from my stomach flu, cost me 4 kg bodyweight in total, but I'll just have to take that loss. Going to start it up again, nothing much that can keep me from doing my thing again.

Total body training in my garage: squats, up to singles with 120 kg, maybe not much for some but with current energy level my legs were shaking!

Bench, carefull up to 110 kg, triceps (weighted dips BW+ 30 kg, skullcrushers with dumbbells) and abs.

Grip:

Felt quite good, although I was definitely not on top of my strength, was a bit 'shaky' throughout...

Vulcan level 9 (3-3) 3 x 4 speedcloses MMS;

Vulcan level 16 1 x 1 MMS, just missed;

IM#3 1 x 1 CCS, just missed;

Vulcan level 16 (choked) 1 x 1 straphold, 1.25 kg 4 good seconds;

Vulcan level 12 2 x 4 MMS (normal reps);

RichAZ came with this basic idea and I'm going to incorporate this for getting more comfortable with the CCS with this variation:

Vulcan level 3 (1-1) 1 x 1 CCS, than level 4 1 x 1 CCS, etc, going up a level again, alternating left and right till failure. After that, I start all over again and start doing triples. Only will post my right hand, left hand is a bit lower in results, but this is something I'm working on.

Ended up till failure (miss) at level 12 CCS for single and level 10 triples.

I think this can give a nice boost and that this is a nice finisher!

All in all not to bad workout for the first time after beeing sick. :sick:

Edited by Geralt

glad your feeling better and back training. I'm going to do some vulcan CCS in the future as well. It will help save the skin on the hand.

And with a lot of people climbing fast to grip greatness around here, I'm dusting myself off and have done my second workout, felt quite good :)

In fact no direct griptraining, did overall body at the precinct with a lot of pulling which always takes the sharpness of my hands by itself. So that's good

instead of a 50% session.

Deadlifts, weighted pullups/Chins, weighted rowing, pulldowns and bicepwork. By the time I wanted to hit my abs my energy level was getting a bit low, so that's it for tonight.

Ordered a new IM#3 from IM today, I saw Chez his CCS and decided it's time to try a new #3. If I read it correct, Chez got an IM#3 which is calibrated at 152#.

I don't know what my #3 rates, but I still have trouble with the CCS while I can mostly close my MM2 replica which is around #163. I can close that one from MMS (mostly wider) however, so maybe that's a difference ofcourse...I still think I got an freak #3 when I bought my current one, but I want to see where I stand. I figure if I can close my Vulcan at level 14 CCS(which I can), there must be #3's around there now which I can close now from CCS. It will be a good boost for my motivation.

Ordered a new IM#3 from IM today, I saw Chez his CCS and decided it's time to try a new #3. If I read it correct, Chez got an IM#3 which is calibrated at 152#.

I don't know what my #3 rates, but I still have trouble with the CCS while I can mostly close my MM2 replica which is around #163. I can close that one from MMS (mostly wider) however, so maybe that's a difference ofcourse...I still think I got an freak #3 when I bought my current one, but I want to see where I stand. I figure if I can close my Vulcan at level 14 CCS(which I can), there must be #3's around there now which I can close now from CCS. It will be a good boost for my motivation.

Just for the correction (something I want to say haha), Chez closed his own one and not the calibrated #3, couldn't edit this anymore. Maybe nothing to mention, but I don't want in any case let the idea rise that I would simplify his achievement. Check. :flowers: Got a huge motivation boost today :grin:

• Like 1

I wanna see an attempt/close video when the new one comes!