Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

keep it up man. How about we both post a #3 CCS attempt in a week with our hands fresh. might be some nice motivation for the week.

Hell, why not. This is my second day of rest, yesterday I only did a few pullups and some bicepscurls, but no grip. My skin was starting to get irritated and that's not the idea behind me getting stronger. So I let my skin toughen a bit up and heal up a bit. Tomorrow evening a new session. Don't know if I'm going to start the cycle again or not. I think I'm going to continue this.

BTW 31 October I will have surgery on my groin rupture. Still almost a month away...grrrr...so a month no heavy lifting work and afterwards offcourse also no heavy work. I was planning to crank the intensity up and than when I have surgery I can take at least one complete week of doing nothing physical at all except heal up.

Edited by Geralt

keep it up man. How about we both post a #3 CCS attempt in a week with our hands fresh. might be some nice motivation for the week.

Hell, why not. This is my second day of rest, yesterday I only did a few pullups and some bicepscurls, but no grip. My skin was starting to get irritated and that's not the idea behind me getting stronger. So I let my skin toughen a bit up and heal up a bit. Tomorrow evening a new session. Don't know if I'm going to start the cycle again or not. I think I'm going to continue this.

BTW 31 October I will have surgery on my groin rupture. Still almost a month away...grrrr...so a month no heavy lifting work and afterwards offcourse also no heavy work. I was planning to crank the intensity up and than when I have surgery I can take at least one complete week of doing nothing physical at all except heal up.

Hope all goes well man

sucks that you gotta be out of action for a whole month man. Lets post the CCS #3 attempts this up coming Wednesday. No destroying your hand with the grip machine and vulcan before. I want to see how close you are with a fresh attempt.

Why not. Btw, I still can train grip, but no assisting lifting exc's like deadlift, squat and all. I still can bench, train my arms etc.

Only after surgery, I don't have a clue what can be done and what can't be done...I'll see how I feel then. One or two weeks no heavy lifting in whatever form will be the case i'm afraid...

Tonight I'm going to do a heavy session, this weekend maybe another one and then two days rest for grip. I have the idea that you for sure are going to close

that thing...you were so close! On the other hand, I came fairly to the end, considering I had trained before that. Hm. funny how the body works, one time you feel strong and the next time it feels like a brick. For some reason I keep thinking that I have #3 with a crazy spread, but I have no comparison. Think's it's just me that's the weak factor hahaha This will be good for motivation Chez.

Geralt - no matter what anyone says, grippers vary by quite some margin. I recently purchased a new coc3, and it is MUCH harder than my other one. Apparently they don't season :unsure ...

The spread on my 2 coc3 vary by half and inch. That additional spread makes the other one much tougher.

Why don't you purchase another?

I'm going to do that soon, but after surgery and all. Me and this gripper, it's getting pretty personal now :angry2: besides, just ordered a 60 mm rolling handle,

so I'm going to use that one when I have it for alternating griptraining in future. But first things first...

Did a new session tonight, but it's the same as always, I can handle some more volume, but when my hands are starting to loose strength, it takes a lot of time to recover. Had two days rest, only thing I did the day before yesterday was some bicepwork and bw pull ups. Today tried a CCS with my #3 after warming up, but it was the same as the last vid, only now my hands were 'fresh'. NOT. I still remember, when I came back from a vacation last year and after 7 days of doing nothing at all I closed my #3 easy from deep set. A couple of times. Now I can get it almost shut from CCS, but the last part is giving difficulty, even when I force it closed against my leg, it opens a few mm. I know I've gotten stronger in the sweep, so it's a recovery thing. It has to be. Maybe no griptraining till wednesday.

Besides that I did some wristroller work with 25 kg's with my homemade 60 mm thick PVC tube, KILLING. My underarms are still a bit sore deep within from last wristcurl session! So I think they had enough abuse. Ended with some light wide reps on my #2.

Edited by Geralt

For that final bit of close try this. I used to do it all the time and just started doing it again and it works great. Take your #3, do a mms close then do what I call micro closes with it. Once the handles touch just let them barely come open...try not to let them open more than maybe a quarter inch and close it again and knock out real quick reps that way. It will blast your hands like crazy because it's keeping the gripper in the max strength area. I don't know why I originally got away from doing this but it always worked great and I've been messing with it again recently and it seems to be doing the trick.

That's a good one. I'll use it. But first heal up, because what i said, even if I closed it shut agains my leg, it opened up a mm. So my hands just aren't recovered enough. I'll take a few days rest.

Today bench, BW pullups, sets of 5x3 quality pull ups, bar to the chest, don't want my arm to get injured again, can do this painless! Yeah!

Biceps work, quality standing bicepcurls 2x6 20 kg dumbell, singles concentration curls 25 kg, ending with standing 1 x 5

dumbellcurls. Felt good, easy does it (although the 25 kg curls are heavy enough) Dips with weightvest 15 kg, 1 x 10, 1x6 1x6. Fast up, slow down.

No grip at all further....

Edited by Geralt

Today some attempts, cost me a lot of time to post this incl. vids, so here goes in short:

CCS#3 3 attempts, first was the closest, Pushed the 'record' button with chalked up hands but missed it apparently, so it wasn't recorded grrrrrrr...but it still

was a miss, although fairly close, after that one two more attempts, both a bit bigger gap unfortunately. This is one of the attempts, although not the best of the 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIQTYDcXPE

After that one a few MM2 attempts, this was the best, not bad seeing the CCS attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvqjyXj01Ao

Some other work, not going to mention it. hahaha bit disappointed. But hey, I'll keep plugging away. I had more power in the close, maybe it's a recovery thing, I don't know.

Edited by Geralt

great stuff man. You got really close on the MM2 especially after the #3 attempts. That last little bit is so frustrating

Nice attempt on the MM2. Closer than I would get right now, but not as close as I have been on it :)

It's the fact that you have such a beautiful avatar, otherwise I would be offended :grin:

But the gripper will make that 'clicking' sound very soon.....

Edited by Geralt

Short session today.

* Warm up with Vulcan, ten MMS reps lowest level.

* Choked IM#3 (2,5 cm = 0,98 inches) L and R 5 x 1

R 3 closed (but just), 2 miss (but just)

L 5 miss, although near. All attempts when not closed, forced closed and holds.

* Vulcan level 10 1 x 5 MMS reps L and R.

* IM#2.5 (filed) L and R 4 x 10 second holds.

Edited by Geralt

After my last short workout I got sick, been in bed sunday and monday with the flu. Yesterday half bed and half up, now just out of bed..pffff

Has gotten the best of me. Yesterday evening I walked into my garage and picked up a IM#2 (one handle is filed btw) just for the sake of it and did some rep work with a 20 mm block.

Did a few sets, 1 x 23 reps, 1 x 19 reps and 1 x 15 reps. those were righty, the left is much weaker. Was surprised that I could do that given how I felt that moment. Maybe not a bad idea to incorporate one light session with a lot or reps once a week.

Edited by Geralt

Tonight I thought I try another session and try to close my MM2 replica, since it was very near the last time and since I felt fresh yesterday.

So, took my camera but found the battery is completely dead and since I was sick, I couldn't get the recharger which is on my work.

Well, let's get the cellphone I thought and try that one. End of story, I closed the MM2 but didn't get the best part part on film: the close PFFFFFFF

So, you have to take it on my word :zorro: that it was truly closed! From deep set, that is. But hey, it felt great!

Here's the total screwed up vid for whoever wants to waste some time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwXzu34b-MA

After that, 1 MMS #3 closed, another two MM2 attempts, very very near and some other work not to mention. most energy stayed in yesterdays repwork.

no problem, knowing I can close the MM2 feels very good. Off course I'll make a good vid soon. Also benchwork went great, watched a tutorial yesterday on youtube from elitefitness about benching, made sense and I incorporated that. Did 2 x 110 kg easy. For my doing quite heavy. So beeing sick is all about surprises it seems. No gripwork however the next few days, recovery is a big deal I noticed.

I actually see the close briefly at the 36 second mark. That's awesome man. congrats. Keep hitting those milestones.

I actually see the close briefly at the 36 second mark. That's awesome man. congrats. Keep hitting those milestones.

Thanks bro, it sucks, I want to walk the talk that's why I post vids. I think at that point, the handles didn't quite close, that last part out of frame I pushed

the last strength out and it closed. I want the handles to - click - ..It'll come. How are you doing, emped up about the MM2 that's underway?

Edited by Geralt

I'm doing great. Super excited to try the MM2. Hardest part is staying sharp, but not over training while I wait for the gripper to get here. I'm also picking up 2 smooth 25 lb weight plates tomorrow to make my own version of a 2HP pinch Euro. Going to start training for competitions.

I'm doing great. Super excited to try the MM2. Hardest part is staying sharp, but not over training while I wait for the gripper to get here. I'm also picking up 2 smooth 25 lb weight plates tomorrow to make my own version of a 2HP pinch Euro. Going to start training for competitions.

That's cool, tried to find such plates here, but they are VERY expensive around here. Besides, I have 33 mm plates instead of olympicplates 50 mm. So that's

also tricky, Don't want to buy a complete new weightcollection. I see you use the famous Magnus line in your signature hahaha must be one of the coolest endings where he chops a piece of wood in pieces and says that line. And that music is also cool in the background.

Good luck man, you know, sometimes I find it very hard to feel if the MM2 replica I have is actually heavier than my #3, they pretty much feel the same, maybe my #3 is a bit harder in the sweep even! But that's personal.

Edited by Geralt

Today some work outside, damn groin rupture is getting a bit annoying now and than.

Did gripwork between the chores outside.

Vulcan level 3 till 14 closed with parallel sets;

20 mm block rep work with my IM #2.5 and IM #2, both with filed handles, even #2.5 above 10, that felt good, although I had to 'push' the last reps out with effort;

5 x choked IM #2.5 holds 10 seconds;

Hold choked Vulcan (forced the handles closed and then kept it closed) 1 x level 13 10 seconds, 1 x level 14 10 seconds, 1 x level 15 10 seconds

1 x level 16 but that handles started to open after a few seconds.

Enough for the day, nice volume.

Edited by Geralt

Tonight gripsession besides bench and triceps.

After warm up:

Right hand: Vulcan level 15 block set 20 mm, closed / not closed couldn't see, but if it was a miss, it was by a hair;

Because of the (nearly) but just close, went to choked Vulcan level 15, the same, explosiveness stayed in saturday's session;

Choked level 14, straphold, 0,5 kg 8 seconds;

Choked level 13, straphold, 0,5 kg 6 seconds, wrong handposition;

Im#2.5 (filed) 0,5 kg 10 seconds

Gripmachine 30 mm handle distance thumb on the tophandle so it stays out of the equation and fingertips on the lower handle, so it's pure the fingers doing their job, one hand at a time 40 kg's. 1 x 5 reps 1 x 3 reps;

Gripmachine 100 kg both hands, 1 x 15, as strict as possible;

IM#2 (filed) 1 x 11 reps block set 20 mm.

Left hand about the same, only Vulcan parallel set on level 12. And strapholds a bit lower. My pointing finger is a bit sore, don't know why exactly but it is.

Stays a bit behind because of that.

Tonight gripsession besides bench and triceps.

After warm up:

Right hand: Vulcan level 15 block set 20 mm, closed / not closed couldn't see, but if it was a miss, it was by a hair;

Because of the (nearly) but just close, went to choked Vulcan level 15, the same, explosiveness stayed in saturday's session;

Choked level 14, straphold, 0,5 kg 8 seconds;

Choked level 13, straphold, 0,5 kg 6 seconds, wrong handposition;

Im#2.5 (filed) 0,5 kg 10 seconds

Gripmachine 30 mm handle distance thumb on the tophandle so it stays out of the equation and fingertips on the lower handle, so it's pure the fingers doing their job, one hand at a time 40 kg's. 1 x 5 reps 1 x 3 reps;

Gripmachine 100 kg both hands, 1 x 15, as strict as possible;

IM#2 (filed) 1 x 11 reps block set 20 mm.

Left hand about the same, only Vulcan parallel set on level 12. And strapholds a bit lower. My pointing finger is a bit sore, don't know why exactly but it is.

Stays a bit behind because of that.

Whew great grip workout, level 15 V block set will be yours soon :)

armtraining and bench felt good, although I have to hold back with my core because of above mentioned.

Grip felt bad, strength quickly down the drain.

Highlights: MM2 replica (very) deep set closed, could manage it only once.

Some choked IM#3 attempts, almost closed by a hair, my hands just didn't feel strong after the first MM2 replica close anymore.

Few reps 20 mm block IM#2.5

wide set repwork IM#2

wide set repwork IM#1.

Closing the MM2 replica still counts as a good workout in my book. Keep motivated man. I'm probably going to try another #3 CCS attempt next Wednesday. won't post it though. I'm not posting another video until I get it.