Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Thnks man.

Ok so I was thinking about the following: Coming week is the last week before my surgery. Since my progress is not going fast enough as I want it to, I figured this.

When I've got surgery I want be able at least a week to do heavy gripstuff or training, since there will be a nice cut along my groin...pfff

I figured I will give high volume training a go.

here's my idea then, since I read a post from wannagrip (2005) about this.

Coming week: monday till friday: 5 days as many reps on my IM#1 as possible about 10 sets per day till faiure;

week after surgery (monday): Since I'll be sitting on the couch and won't be able to do a lot besides that, from

there on every day 10 sets of IM#2 til failure, this should be possible to do even after surgery...

But after that, how long should this idea be continued? Should I keep repping that #2 for a better base strength? Or going up to the IM#2.5?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

That's interesting. I saw the silver back guy's recent video were he credited doing insane reps on the #2 for his recent increase in strength. It sounds like a nice change of pace but your hands are probably going to be crazy sore from it. I would eventually move to the #2.5 after a while because you gotta keep challenging yourself. If you do it, I really want to here how it works for it.

armtraining and bench felt good, although I have to hold back with my core because of above mentioned.

Grip felt bad, strength quickly down the drain.

Highlights: MM2 replica (very) deep set closed, could manage it only once.

Some choked IM#3 attempts, almost closed by a hair, my hands just didn't feel strong after the first MM2 replica close anymore.

Few reps 20 mm block IM#2.5

wide set repwork IM#2

wide set repwork IM#1.

Closing MM2 Replica...good job!

Thnks man.

Ok so I was thinking about the following: Coming week is the last week before my surgery. Since my progress is not going fast enough as I want it to, I figured this.

When I've got surgery I want be able at least a week to do heavy gripstuff or training, since there will be a nice cut along my groin...pfff

I figured I will give high volume training a go.

here's my idea then, since I read a post from wannagrip (2005) about this.

Coming week: monday till friday: 5 days as many reps on my IM#1 as possible about 10 sets per day till faiure;

week after surgery (monday): Since I'll be sitting on the couch and won't be able to do a lot besides that, from

there on every day 10 sets of IM#2 til failure, this should be possible to do even after surgery...

But after that, how long should this idea be continued? Should I keep repping that #2 for a better base strength? Or going up to the IM#2.5?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Ask doc how long surgery should take for you to recover? I don't see anything wrong with high reps? Go on how your feeling and u should be fine. Good luck and stay strong :rock

Thnx bro!

Tonight new session:

after warmup also some shoulder work.

Gripmachine one hand repwork, as strict as possible, no assistance from thumbs allowed, so pure fingerwork;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd1duVMnmNM

Some choked closes, attempts on MM2 replica, hands were getting tired already (yes, no stamina I know hahaha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aix-8BY9Fnk

After that, strapholds with IM#3 (choked), hands had given the ghost hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bV_rNRCJ00

Also tried some negatives with my SW, but quit with that after two singles, it was getting late.

Tried to film some of these things to show how I train and to get more comfortable with making videos.

Cheers!

Yesterday I also did (as I described) work on my negative machine (homemade). Here's how I used it. Since it was at the end of my training

I didn't need much weight. The leverage is also huge. I try to place my hand on the handle like doing a CCS and than closing it for holds / negatives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_786hTmr95E

Great work lately. I love negatives and strapholds. They are so brutal on the hands though. Haven't done them in a while so I might throw them in next week.

Thnx Chez, trying to tighten up some loose ends for that CCS.

Monday surgery, hope that I can put in some effort soon again after that.

Tonight, no extreme effort night: decided to leave my Vulcan on the wall.

warmup, bench and triceps.

3 x choked attempts MM2, two times closed for my feeling, but couldn't see it clearly since I still have to put in some effort, 1 time miss.

Gripmachine, set up with the handles very wide, so that I have to open my hands almost completely:

two hand reps with 110 kg, but they felt quite heavy, since the wide stretch my hands have to make, working on the sweep.

Went down to 100 kg, finished with 5 x 90 kg. Al reps of course as strict as possible without jerking or pulling with my arm and body.

Hey, did u have the surgery? If so, did it go well? Hope your recovery is quick.

Hey, did u have the surgery? If so, did it go well? Hope your recovery is quick.

Thank you Chez, yes, had it today. I had surgery this morning and was dismissed around 4.00 pm this afternoon. Walking and moving in any form is vey painful since the anesthetics are working out now. Trying to ease into normal movement this week, at least four weeks no heavy lifting, but I think that I can do some arm work and stuff in about two weeks again, I'll just have to listen to my body. But as for today I'm wasted, made a few calls after homecommin' and cuddling with the kids and daddy was out hahaha! Btw I still feel strong in my hands, but decided to take a complete week of rest, including my hands. Give the body a break now.

I have plenty of time ro read some old posts now on the gripboard. :)

Btw coughing is not cool with a cut in the groin I can tell ya. :shutup: damn

Glad to hear you are back and well :)

Thanks Bill. Appreciate it. Feeling better today btw. Only the wound is painful. Had a good night rest.

Status report...this is my 5th day after surgery, the wound heals up quite nicely but offcourse the whole area is quite bruised and stuff...walking for a while is painful

and getting up from the couch and out of bed is still a bit painful. They say it takes about two weeks to start things up a bit in life, but the way I feel it now, lifting weights won't be the case the next few weeks. I need to heal up first, want to go pain free through life. I read a lot about guys going to fast back in the game after surgery and who paid the price with a new rupture or pain when doing certain movements...I really don't understand how some people can hang on their couch whole day, I'm finished with that already!

I hope you heal up quick.

Sitting on the couch is not fun at all. Do you have a Playstation or anything to kill time?

I hope you heal up quick.

Sitting on the couch is not fun at all. Do you have a Playstation or anything to kill time?

thnx! I have a Xbox 360...and an exam in about three weeks for my work to prolong my investigative jurisdiction. I prefer the Xbox to be

honoust at this moment :) hahaha...

Ok...felt I had to do something today, and home alone without people saying 'no no no be carefull!!!!' (all good means but sometimes you just need to listen to your body) I decided to do some sort of light mini workout...

Flat bench, feet on chair, so no stress on my groin, 10 x bar, 10 x 110 lbs, 10 x 155 lbs, 10 x 177 lbs.

3 x 5 Dips with weighted vest (33lbs), also no stress on my groin. This all felt good, a nice sensation to feel the blood going again.

Tried low rep pullups but that's a no-go.

Besides that some light rep work just to ease into grip:

Vulcan gold spring level 9 R and L 4 x 3 reps

IM #2 20 mmm block 18 reps R and 11 L

IM #1 2 x 10 reps L and R

1 x 3 reps L and R

Grip felt very rusty, especially with the Vulcan, but considering my surgery, and feeling how the blood started to flow again, I was pretty happy that I didn't experience any pan, that is, nothing more than normal.

Good to see you back at it man.

Good to see you back at it man.

Thank you. Well, legs and lifting will be a no go for a while though.

Forgot to mention bicep work btw,

L and R in turn:

25 lbs x 10 warmup concentration curl (don't want to stand and lift weights)

45 lbs x 5 x 4 Concentrate on form. Nice pump.

Felt good.

Ok...felt I had to do something today, and home alone without people saying 'no no no be carefull!!!!' (all good means but sometimes you just need to listen to your body) I decided to do some sort of light mini workout...

Flat bench, feet on chair, so no stress on my groin, 10 x bar, 10 x 110 lbs, 10 x 155 lbs, 10 x 177 lbs.

3 x 5 Dips with weighted vest (33lbs), also no stress on my groin. This all felt good, a nice sensation to feel the blood going again.

Tried low rep pullups but that's a no-go.

Besides that some light rep work just to ease into grip:

Vulcan gold spring level 9 R and L 4 x 3 reps

IM #2 20 mmm block 18 reps R and 11 L

IM #1 2 x 10 reps L and R

1 x 3 reps L and R

Grip felt very rusty, especially with the Vulcan, but considering my surgery, and feeling how the blood started to flow again, I was pretty happy that I didn't experience any pan, that is, nothing more than normal.

Glad to see you back it and doin it

Hi there, been doing a light gripworkout this morning, I'm feeling better but I can notice in my body that the full anesthetics did their job. My body

needs careful starting up. So I'm easing back into it. Last workout felt good btw, but i'm starting off grip light and than building it up gradually.

I'm also going for the Struse method, not trying to go for that max every workout. Still using the same method as before with gripmachine, Vulcan and other stuff.

After warmup:

Vulcan level 14 1 x 1(MMS, close, although not as 'easy' as normal)

Vulcan level 12 1 x 3 (Parallel set singles with overcrush)

Filed IM #2.5 3 x 3 MMS reps

Lever work with dumbbell bar, loaded with 2.5 kg at one end, the other end in my hand and doing twisting movements and such.

Gave me nice pump.

L and R Thumbscrews 1 x 10

My left hand doesn't feel strong.

But I'm also doing this without other training now to get the blood pumping.

So level 14 was maybe very near my max, but still not 100% don't want to go there for a while now.

Next session will be at around 50 % and the one after that more heavy.

No negatives for a while. They just don't seem to do the job for me and my training consisted almost every time of negatives.

Edited by Geralt

Recovery is going just fine. No lifting this year however anymore, which means no deadlifts or squats and stuff.

12 november I did some light weight work for the arms and some military pressing. Definitely have to work on that one pfff! Januari next year i'll be starting up some serious leg work and deadlifting.

14 november (monday):

after warmup and in between triceps work grip. I'm going to incorporate some Time Struse work principles and try that for one cycle (5 weeks). See how it feels and than fine tune it. After that I'm going back to the gripmachine.

Figured that my Vulcan (V1) with Gold spring can be compared with this grippercalibration for the gold spring http://p2.foorumi.info/rautakoura/viewtopic.php?p=17#17 And around 70 kg / 165 would be my max (to put it safely) IM#3. So 75 % for this session should be 52,5 kg / level 12 Vulcan gold spring.

This session is mainly around 75%.

R 5 x 3 reps (width at least MMS) level 12;

L 5 x 3 reps (width at least MMS) level 10 and 9; L is a bit off these days.

R 5 x 20 mm block reps with IM#2.5 (filed)

L 3 x 20 mm block reps with IM#2.5 (filed) The #2.5 reps were not intended as maxing out repwork.

Lever work in all directions with dumbellhandle with 2,5 kg on one side;

1 x static hold 100 kg gripmachine.

Hands still felt 'fresh' after this.

Wednesday recovery with around 50% and Friday around 90%.

It's very nice to find these kind of workout ideas on this board. Really helps me a lot.

Wednesday 16-11

At 50 %, Vulcan level 8 - 9 speed reps;

IM#1 Speed closes CCS.

Thumbs with thumbscrews on IM#1.

Friday November 18th.

Today very good session since my surgery! First time squats since 4 months I or something, since I knew I had that rupture I didn't do deads or squats, so 3 weeks after surgery I decided to try very light squatwork. No pain so very glad with that. I have to watch out not to get to enthusiast but it's a good start. Grip is going up just fine:

Squats 4 x 10 ATG, shoulder press, dips, weighted pushups, low rep pullups plus very light ab work.

GRIP today 90 % plus 70% speed work, this feels good after two weeks!

After warmup:

90 % work, careful not to max out, but still felt strong!:

Vulcan V1 gold spring level 13 mms closed;

level 14 mms closed;

IM#3 bit deeper set closed;

Choked MM2 replica closed. All tried to overcrush.

70% work:

3 x 3 speed reps Vulcan level 10, really exploded on the closes, a lot of grunting noises were to be heard out of my garage while performing these haha;

1 x CCS filed IM#2, exploded again on those handles;

IM#1 (filed) TNS as explosive as possible, held it it one hand on the spring, than explosively grabbing the handles with other hand and close it as fast as possible TNS x 5.

Leverwork rotations with dumbbell handle 2.5 kg on one side.

Thumbscrews mounted on IM#1 after that.

In general left hand is weaker, first getting my strength back up again and then maintaining that and getting my left hand up.

Next week 2 x 50 % sessions and 1 70% session. Feels good this routine to ease back into it!

Edited by Geralt

It looks like you are mixing it up with your 90% 70% etc. Good Idea. Ill stick with what I am doing (TSG only) but will mix it up next round.

Good work and glad you are back at squating.