Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Did a lot of work this week, from last wednesday till today:

Throughout the day, some GTG work, 100 kg one hand holds on my gripmachine, did 120 kg, but my hands soon lost strength, so I went down to 100 kg.

Holds as long as I can.

MM sets on my MM2, got a very small gap several times, but today my hands got sore already and my skin starts to get a bit sensitive.

Intensity was HIGH. My hands now lost most strength, so this weekend no training at all. Did some more work, but this was the essence, Did it in the morning before work, walking the dog, etc.

Had a good motivational insight from WAM on the DH gripsite. He's right, I'm going to ditch my MM2 for this next three days and continue doing GTG work on holds and use of my Vulcan, just forcing my hands to adapt. The Vulcan and gripmachine don't have knurling, so that should do the trick in not letting the skin fall of my hands. I'll take a few contrast baths also. So, just did my first 100 kg holds for 10 secs L and R today. 110 kg next set. My hand WILL reap benefits of this. or not. that's also a possibility hahaha. Keep you posted.

So, today rest. That's good after 4 days of figuring out and getting my skin very sore:

Next week 5 days whenever I can: Gripmachine 100 - 105 kg holds for time, overcrushes on my #2.5 (choked), making sure it's not right placed in my sweet spot, because CCS will also not do that. I'll try to figure out what level on the Vulcan matches my #2.5 best, so I don't have work with knurled handles. That's the plan for this week.

David horne's site says level 10-11 equals a COC 2.5 and from my experience his estimates are pretty accurate. for me anyway. hope you heal up buddy.

David horne's site says level 10-11 equals a COC 2.5 and from my experience his estimates are pretty accurate. for me anyway. hope you heal up buddy.

Yeah, thnx, I came to the same conclusion, I doing level 12-13 goldspring, after holds I can do about 5 choked reps level 12 R, so I´m planning to hit level 13 for singles.

Ok. This is not cool, I had a bump onder my belly for a few weeks now....felt some pain now and then...

Yesterday at my work I suddenly got a terrible pain in my belly / groin...been to the doctor today and it's a groin rupture.....

within now and 6 weeks I will have surgery...they are going to place somes sort of net / mat into my groin...it's nothing extreme serious, but

when this can get acute it can be. So for now, no abs...no heavy lifting...deadlifts..that sort of thing! Well I'm going to keep training my grip...I'll just have to be carefull now not to put to much stress or tension on my core....damn! After surgery it will be a good month or so before easing back into training. After my sugery I'll try to do some more repwork with lighter grippers or so...I'll see. Again: damn......

Sorry to hear about the surgery man. Hope you have a fast recovery.

Thnx October the 6th is my first appointment. Did benchwork yesterday, but I have to put my feet up high otherwise there's some serious pressure on my lower abdomen. Arms are no problem but lifting from standing position is a problem. I'll just do what I can do. And grip shoulnd't suffer that much I hope. Today rest. Yesterday also some timed holds 110 kg on my gripmachine.

Thank you man, I'm going to give the doctor a call on monday, it's getting a bit more painful now so I want that surgery to be over with.

In the meantime, tomorrow new gripsession planned, till next thursday or friday. Again gripmachine holds and chokerwork.

How are you doing btw, settled with your new job and back into training?

Started my new cycle again for this week, holds on gripmachine, several times, 110 kg. L is still a bit behind

They were combined with Vulcan (choked) around level 14 closes. The gripmachine holds are very taxing on my hands,

I immediately notice that in the final closing part when doing grippers. But all in all, a good session. The other session is also gripmachine

holds combined with rep work on my Vulcan, around level 9 - 10.

After this session I decided to try a CCS attempt on my #3 and film it. I know, it's more logical to see where I'm BEFORE training,

but hey, I didn't want to miss it and then start my training with a frustrated feeling hahaha. After the CCS attempt, I tried my MM2

MMS. Both missed, but seeing that I did both AFTER a pretty intense session, I figure this is good for me.

This is the CCS #3 attempt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ogYNVORVR8

This is the MM2 attempt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlZA7Yv6T6w

I'm going to try this for the next five days again. Then two days rest, and again, then five days cycle again.

Great attempts, especially after a workout. Post one when your fresh next time.

Yes, well I was also very surprised, 'cause my hands felt tired! And I did quite some holds...but I couldn't repeat this today I think because I did more holds in the afternoon. Now I 'm completely wasted.

This morning also new holds, I incorporated my homemade SW (see ´my tools´ under my signature). So one session holds on gripmachine, and Vulcan closes choked, the other session SW. This for every day this week whenever I can.

Yes, well I was also very surprised, 'cause my hands felt tired! And I did quite some holds...but I couldn't repeat this today I think because I did more holds in the afternoon. Now I 'm completely wasted.

This morning also new holds, I incorporated my homemade SW (see ´my tools´ under my signature). So one session holds on gripmachine, and Vulcan closes choked, the other session SW. This for every day this week whenever I can.

Nice! Get some volume going - I found it always works :grin:

Started my new cycle again for this week, holds on gripmachine, several times, 110 kg. L is still a bit behind

They were combined with Vulcan (choked) around level 14 closes. The gripmachine holds are very taxing on my hands,

I immediately notice that in the final closing part when doing grippers. But all in all, a good session. The other session is also gripmachine

holds combined with rep work on my Vulcan, around level 9 - 10.

After this session I decided to try a CCS attempt on my #3 and film it. I know, it's more logical to see where I'm BEFORE training,

but hey, I didn't want to miss it and then start my training with a frustrated feeling hahaha. After the CCS attempt, I tried my MM2

MMS. Both missed, but seeing that I did both AFTER a pretty intense session, I figure this is good for me.

This is the CCS #3 attempt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ogYNVORVR8

This is the MM2 attempt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlZA7Yv6T6w

I'm going to try this for the next five days again. Then two days rest, and again, then five days cycle again.

Great attempts after your workout my friend, CCS #3 on the way :cool

Thnx bud´s. I saw Chez his attempt and that also was great isn´t it!? We´re getting close. Any, here´s an update.

This week starting from monday till now I did throughout each day gripmachine holds. Only I can´t get the weight up further than 105 kg anymore. Strength is decreasing now. Monday I used my SW, but it is VERY taxing on the skin of my middlefinger. I tried to grab the handles CCS and with the finger on that position I assist it closed. around 12 kg´s is more than enough I can tell ya. The leverage is huge.

Besides that, singles on my Vulcan (choked) around level 14-15 (mostly 14) and full reps around level 9, not choked. Don´t know if I´m going to take a one day break now and continue for a few days, besides the sore skin and strength decrease there is no pain of discomfort. But I don´t want to get past that border ofcourse. Here´s a vid of my last set with 105 kg on my gripmachine. This was last tuesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vVwXylQ2A

Cool vid there, Geralt.

I know I said this before and please feel free to ignore me, but when my strength starts depleting in a cycle like that, I know myself I have hit the grounds of eliciting that stimulus for adaptation. In other words, once I rest up from this state, I get stronger. I am currently in this state myself - last 2 days of gripper negs, 10 per day + 10 grinds has really tired me. I am using coc2.5 for grinds whereas I normally gring coc3. I am not worried as I know I am where I need to be to force adaptation. Bottom line is, my hands do not want to get stronger - stubborn little buggers they are. I have to throw serious stimulus at them to buck a trend.

The caveat to all this is not going to far that you are injured.

Thank you Bill. You're right on that. Last CCS attempt didn't feel that bad. So I'm going to take two days off from direct griptraining. Let the hands heal up a bit.

Than I'll attack them again for a few days. I feel this is getting me somewhere now. Thnx for the motivation, appreciate it very much.

That grip machine is awesome. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I see grip tools. Gotta save some money for it. great work. Rest up and attack it again. We got this man. We need to keep motivating each other.

Yep! Oh and a SW is also cool. But it can destroy your hands.

Character building, mate

Yeah but I have girly hands :flowers::grin:

Edited by Geralt

Started this morning again after two days of rest. Tried to squeeze my #3 yesterday but I didn't feel strong. This morning went better, grabbed my gripmachine. 110 kg holds. 10 secs R and 5 left.

Let's see it I can maintain 5 extra kilo's this week. Combined with some volume on choked level 15 singles Vulcan and full closes level 9 - 10 Vulcan for reps.

Btw my groin rupture isn't giving me a lot of problems but squats, lifts etc. are not done for a while..wednesday to the hospital for the official diagnose. Walking and standing for longer time

is getting a bit irritating now.

Edited by Geralt

Yesterday workload in total scattered throughout the day:

5 x 110 kg holds, around 6 -8 secs;

4 x negative level 18 choked Vulcan;

some closes level 12 choked Vulcan;

Rep work level 9 from CCS;

mms reps Coc#2 (hands getting tired ofcourse at this point);

Ended with strict one hand wristcurls, 10x10 kg, 10x15kg, 10x20 kg, 10x20kg, reverse one hand wristcurl 10x5 kg, 10x10kg.

Combined with some tricepwork. Nothing that fancy.

This morning I started again with 2 110kg holds on the gripmachine. I think I can maintain this workload on the gripmachine this week. I prefer at least 4 good singles throughout the day instead of 5 or more that open up immediatly.

keep it up man. How about we both post a #3 CCS attempt in a week with our hands fresh. might be some nice motivation for the week.