Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Grip with bench, abs, arms...

Warmup tns both hands IM#1 5 x 1

Gripmachine : L and R 100 kg lift with both hands, hold with one hand, R 1 x 100 kg 4 secs, L opened right up for a few mm's..

L and R 90 kg the same...longer holds both hands....4 x

still figuring this one out...what's best..I still believe this machine is great for building crushing power.

IM#3 : R mms x 1, VVVVVN, not bad, since this is the third heavy session this week....

L deep set x 1, near. also not bad.

Vulcan: Level 18 R 1 negative, no hold, opened right up, bit to heavy.....

Level 16 L 1 negative, hold few secs...

Level 16 R 1 hold..few secs....

Rep work with lighter grippers.

ended with a 3 km run since ages! hahaha...but ran at an decent speed all the way through...

Yesterday grip with overall body strengthtraining.

Warm up : Both hands #1 1x5

R: Choked #3.5 forced closed and hold;

1 x level 16 Deep set, almost closed;

4 x level 15 parallel set, almost closed, then forced closed. Holds.

Rep work and overcrushes on #2.5

L: Nothing fancy, a bit lower in strength, nothing fancy. Around level 12 work. Going to have focus on developing strong hand lefty...

I don't do that much volume, more heavy and short, 3 times a week....

Today: After Bill Malcolms vid ( :D )

Holds on my gripmachine, actually the handpositioning also for one hand holds at the far left or right of the handle feels better than the hand in the middle, what I always did before that.

R and L 1 x 100 kg hold right, 6 seconds, L 5 seconds;

R and L 1 x 110 kg hold right, 4 secs (strict, before getting air between the handles) Left almost immediately air between the handles;

R 1 x 115, almost immediately air between the handles, although still holding on 5 secs with very little space.

L 2 x 105 kg

R 2 x 115

Fin.

Yesterday's training.

Oldest daughter was sick, so I stayed home from work in the morning.

While doing some work on my laptop from work, I went in the garage for singles everytime on my gripmachine.

MORNING

HOLDS

R 1 x 100 kg 5 secs

1 X 110 kg 5 secs

1 X 120 kg pulled right open, managed to hold a bit

1 x 115 kg few secs

L max. 110 kg, started to pull open right away after the second single. dropped down to 105 kg.

NEED SOME WORK HERE!

Reps both hands 25-30mm 15 x 100 kg, 6 x 120 kg, 6 x 120 kg, 5 x 120 kg.

EVENING:

Tried CCS #3, pulled it in to lets say half past parallel. Seeing as I did this work mentioned above in the morning, it didn´t feel bad.

Some holds with Vulcan, but hands were to tired to do something usefull. So I did some light bench and stuff.

Put my thumbscrews on a sportsstore gripper and put it in my car. Everyday on set till failure every time I get in. Maybe put some more tissue on my thumbpad.

And I´ll have to do some more supporting stuff. Gripmachine feels good for a workout, gives me a better feeling of tired hands than grippers.

I'm actually looking into getting the beef builder negative machine around christmas time. its reasonably priced. Hope your daughter feels better.

Thnx, yes she does, she's dancing around again.

I think a gripmachine or negative machine (i think it's a SW style idea?) can really work, when used with a plan and consistency....

Christmas time? Hmm So you have to be very nice still for a few months...eat your plate empty..clean your room...hahaha

Today quick session on my gripmachine, heavy work more than two times a weak doesn't work I noticed, managed 3 good holds on 110 kg with R, 105 (but just) with L.

3 sets of reps with 120 kg. Nothing special.

Took my #3 to the gym. Did some pulling work, abs (are a bit sore) and stuff. It's very 'musty' hot temperature here right now...so it's a bit unpleasant to train.

Did some #3 closes from CC width, pulled it in quite nicely. Forced closed. That's because of my training the past few days. I always need at least 3 days rest to be able to close the #3 from at least MMS when I've done heavy work. next session will be Vulcan again and leverwork.

Bought a MM2 gripper from Hubgeezer! That'll be a nice supplement to my training stuff!

Nice workouts Geralt !

Yes, I live 1.5 km from the highway. And I work 100 m from it. In fact, the highway has been built through the factory site ! This company was built back in 1835 !

Last session this week with heavy work, I can feel my hands aren't fully recoverd, but from here I take a few days rest.

Gripmachine: R 2 x hold 120 kg...pulled my hand open slow...

L 2 x hold 105 kg

Gripmachine reps: 120 x 4 120 x 3 120 x 3, very strict, not the biggest numbers, but i feel this is the most workload I can take when training every other day this week.

Vulcan: R level 15, MMS closed by a hair!? Figures?

Level 15, miss, by a huge gap;

Level 15, miss by a huge gap;

Level 18, forced closed and negative.

L Level 12, closed;

Level 13, miss;

Level 13, miss;

Level 16, forced closed and turned into negative CRUSH.

Choked #3 parallel: R closed by a hair! went explosive at this;

R gap got bigger, my hands are not fully recovered, so that's ok.

L Got very close to closing it. Nice.

L gap got bigger.

This was enough workload, tonight some regular weighttraining. Monday new gripsession at the earliest.

New session today. Besides bench and abs: grip.

Just a quick update: highlights of this evening (hahaha)

COC#3

CCS x 1 very near;

CCS x 1 near;

CCS x 1 boohoo

Vulcan Gold spring:

15 x 1 (heeeeeeeyyyyyy...) but just! But I blew a lot of intensity on my CCS attempts.

Besides that, choked closes on Vulcan and almost closes on choked #3.

Gripmachine holds, but sharpness was gone ofcourse.

Next time I'll describe more detailed.

All in all no complaints, although I felt I wasn't on my topstrength, even after three days rest. But that's ok.

Nice job on the ccs #3 attempts and the vulcan level 15 close.

Thnx guys! MAYBE a CCS this year..just to know that you can pull it off....yeah....we'll see.

Yesterday gripsession in between trimming the hedges around my house.

Been doing some more conditioning work and all body workouts, that somewhat killed my progress in griptraining. I'm really trying to focus now on my grip.

gallery_15002_1234_339873.jpg

Getting some results, but not in the right department hahaha!

Anyway, gripmachine holds, R 110 kg good holds, left 105 kg holds,

Vulcan level 15 (MMS) very very near, forced the last mm closed, hold is going well.

IM#3 deep set closed, but just. Gripmachine and other stuff took a lot of power. To get back in full recovery, I truly need a week to recover! Very hard to

put my training down for a week!

It's my birthday this tuesday and I'm thinking of buying an rolling thunder or some sort of rolling handle....hope that doesn't screw up my crushtraining....but all around it should do some good, to alternate gripwork. I just don't get that 'pinchwork' drive in training.

Edited by Geralt

How old is your daughter that owns the doll on the floor? It's not your doll is it?

Happy birthday! I predict your gripper will arrive on your birthday! :sorcerer:

How old is your daughter that owns the doll on the floor? It's not your doll is it?

Happy birthday! I predict your gripper will arrive on your birthday! :sorcerer:

Thnx in advance Mike! Hahaha no it's not, I've got two daughters, the youngest is almost 2, the oldest is 4.

Yes, I was thinking of that also! Tuesday should be day ten indeed! Can't wait. although I don't think I will mash it like Adam does in his vid at the top of this board today...

Cheers!

Looking strong man. Keep working hard.

Thnx guys.

tonight:

Grip with light benchwork, but I felt very tired for strengthtraining other than grip.

Got a very nice gripsession in the end:

Warm up IM#1 couple of TNS's;

MM2 R, MM set, very close! I guess the smaller spread is better for my hands? My wife witnessed and saw a very small gap...great! This is a good gripper, somewhat above a IM#3.

MM2 L deep set, not that bad.

Repeated this a couple of times, ofcourse no closes, but forced closed and tried to hold.

Choked #3 R, one time closed, but just, MM2 got the best already;

L missed.

Strapholds with Vulcan, level 13, 12, R

Straphold with Vulcan level 11, 10, L.

Few reps with choked #2.5, that's it

enough.

Ended with some lever work with hammer .

Early Happy Birthday Geralt!

Good grip work here. Are you about ready for MM1 now? You're looking to be in pretty good shape too, keep up the hard work.

Keep up the good work!

Im still struggling with a good powerfull deep set close on the #3, worthy for a mm0. Ill get there, close to it.

Those beefbuilders are nice ey?

Groetjes,

RT.

Thnx guys! And yes, the BB grippers are great, I see. I´ll post a MM2 attempt soon, although I can´t close it, the gap was surprisingly small.

I don´t have much reference in material, Mike Corlett described it as a gripper MM2 ´right where it should be´. He purchased a MM1 and 2 years ago

from Warren Tetting and the MM1 actually was harder than the 2! He wrote that the MM1 was to hard and the 2 is where it´s supposed to be.

It´s a tad easier than his Elite.

Edited by Geralt

Did a lot of work this week, from last wednesday till today:

Throughout the day, some GTG work, 100 kg one hand holds on my gripmachine, did 120 kg, but my hands soon lost strength, so I went down to 100 kg.

Holds as long as I can.

MM sets on my MM2, got a very small gap several times, but today my hands got sore already and my skin starts to get a bit sensitive.

Intensity was HIGH. My hands now lost most strength, so this weekend no training at all. Did some more work, but this was the essence, Did it in the morning before work, walking the dog, etc.

Nice work with the MM2.

It seems that the narrower spread does the trick a bit. But the knurling is more aggressive..and because of that the middle parts of my fingers are playing up. So I took a contrast bath this evening. Btw I have a IM#1 in my car with thumbscrews attached. I do static holds and repwork with it as far as I can close it, I want my thumbpads to be bigger. Hope it helps. I do it every time I get in my car, one set to failure and then ending with a hold.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Thnx guys.

tonight:

Grip with light benchwork, but I felt very tired for strengthtraining other than grip.

Got a very nice gripsession in the end:

Warm up IM#1 couple of TNS's;

MM2 R, MM set, very close! I guess the smaller spread is better for my hands? My wife witnessed and saw a very small gap...great! This is a good gripper, somewhat above a IM#3.

MM2 L deep set, not that bad.

Repeated this a couple of times, ofcourse no closes, but forced closed and tried to hold.

Choked #3 R, one time closed, but just, MM2 got the best already;

L missed.

Strapholds with Vulcan, level 13, 12, R

Straphold with Vulcan level 11, 10, L.

Few reps with choked #2.5, that's it

enough.

Ended with some lever work with hammer .

Nice work with that MM2...a CCS #3 and MM1 cert should be coming, keep going :rock

Thnx bigs. My skins really hurts so I'm backing of for the weekend and maybe till Wednesday. The last weeks I was recovered but not fully every time I started

a workout. I still find it difficult to understand what period suits my body best for that after a heavy workout to overcompensate. I only experienced this one time since I started griptraining that I started a workout and I closed my #3 very easy! Strange huh. So I'm curious what I could do to this MM2 I have when fully on strength.

I'm still very glad with this gripper. It's a good addition to my collection.