Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Glad your healing up buddy. Nice close on the choked elite.

• Like 1

Last monday I did benchpress, found that doing less is more in this for sure.

Skipped griptraining because of some tingling/painful feeling in lower arm, due to the SW work.

just pushed it a bit to far. Tried to do some grip this afternoon, but I felt I had not recovered enough.

So I think I will skip any specific gripwork for this week till after the weekend. Tonight I've planned to do squatwork and shoulders.

Taking it easy now, it's easy to get carried away when progress starts, I just want to push it to much every time.

I hope I'll get to close my Elite MMS next week.

Today been training at the precinct.

Deadlifts, ended with 160 kg's, taking it slowly.

Chinups, vertical rowing, biceps on machine and abs, incline bench sit ups and leg raises.

No grip today as I don't want to aggrevate my lower right arm. I'm pretty f... up about having so much injuries lately.

Tonight new gripsession. The nasty feeling in my lower arm messed up my dynamic effort plans for grip. Didn't do grip after last wednesday. Tonight bench, triceps, ab-wheel again and grip. After warmup between sets:

BBE (rated 169 lbs) 1 x 1 MMS, missed by a mm, I fumbled with my set, so I know it could have been closed;

MM2 replica 2 x 1 MMS closed;

IM#3 1 x 2 20 mm block set and 1 x 2 from which I missed the last rep.

Vulcan level 12 1 x 1 CCS with overcrush;

Some wide sets repwork.

Bought a new pair of running shoes this weekend, did a short run after this workout. No details on that. Running sucks. Think I'll start running with a calendar first before switching to the stopwatch by christmas :santa:

Damn close on a tough gripper!

• Like 1

Tonight trained at the precint.

Squats, single legpresses and shoulders. Also shoulder work with rubberbands. Ended with some light tricepwork.

Switching to one gripsession per week for a while.

Yesterday evening:

Grip, deadlift after grip, chin-ups, single arm rows and lighter bicepwork.

Grip after warm-up:

BBE 1 x 1 missed by a very very small bit, because of a slightly wider set than MMS;

IM#3 TNS attempt 3 x 1, all missed, although the gap was very small.

After that TNS rep work L,R,L,R trying to do these as explosive as possible with filed IM#2.

Not that disappointed with this, because of the fairly heavy session earlier this week, so my hands were not fresh. Besides that, I didn't do other exc. to fire up the CNS.

Deadlift DO up to 160 kg no problems with my back, building it up carefully;

Chin-ups and rows after that for finish. Ended with some light bicepwork, I am experiencing a bit of the sensation I had a few years ago in the extensorside of my right arm, around elbowlevel. So I'm carefull with this. Hope Carpal Tunnelsyndrome isn't lurking at the door.

Coming week a lot of work and appointments in the evening, so maybe a good time for backing off with training for one week.

Edited by Geralt

Had one week of totally no training at all.

This morning I just felt the urge to pick up my grippers...

Decided to ease back into it.

Vulcan level Gold spring lowest level

2 x 5 TNS;

1 x 5 speedreps;

Filed IM#2 1 x 3 speedreps

3 x 1 TNS IM#3 attempt, all missed (probably shouldn't have done the #3, had no business picking it up immediately the first session but hey);

2 x 1 TNS filed IM#2.5 closed;

1 x 5 IM#2 speedreps (although there was not much speed)

1 x 10 TNS Vulcan gold spring lowest level.

TNS work feels very awkward. Have to get used to this. Next session in about a week. More rest feels better.

Monday other training again.

Decided that after last training session it was best to do one week of totally nothing.

This was a good thing to do. However, there is still a awkward feeling in the extensor side of my right lower arm.

I think it could be some signals of the injury I had years ago, so I made an appointment with a handtherapist. She gave me a good massage and did stretching work on the extensors that you could here them poppin'! Hope that she can do some good. I'm not feeling strengthloss or anything.

Ok, for coming cycle it's goodby to the 'big' weights for me, I'm aiming at three sessions per week, hitting all bodyparts with a higher volume, 4 sets of 10 reps at least. I'm going for the pump for a few weeks. Try to add some weight every session. This together with more intake of quality food throughout the day. I just want to bulk up a little bit in general and more and lighter repwork will do my joints and muscles good.

As far as grip goes, I'm cutting down to one session per week, hitting the grippers also in some more volume, with no maxing out.

After grippers in that session I will do assistance work, with my gripmachine, thickbar or whatever comes to mind than. I'm going to listen more to my body instead of wanting to max out every time. I will try this for at least 3 -4 weeks, after which I will take an rest week again, you gotta love those weeks, it makes me want to start very eager again and truly heals up the body.

this afternoon:

Squats (after warming up) 4 x 10: 70 kg;

Bench, incline bench, all 4 x 10: 75 kg;

(Would like to do dumbellpresses but I don't have good dumbells for this, every week I'm going to do one session in the gym at my work, so there I will do mentioned stuff).

Shoulders, lateral raises with 11 kg dumbells (3 x 5), after that going lighter with 8 kg dumbells, 4 x 10 (had to figure out a good starting weight)

Barbellshrugs, 4 x 10: 80 kg;

Ab wheel rollouts 3 x 5 (really watching form on this);

Hanging legraises 3 x 10.

Gripgoal by the way short term: close my 169 lbs BBE from MMS with overcrush;

Progress in TNS attempting my #3.

Good to hear your backing off and listening to body buddy. I'm doing something similar. I'm switching to more moderate reps with some low reps mixed in here and there. Maxing out all the time is very taxing on the body.

• Like 1

Seen a handtherapist today, possible a light case of carpal tunnel syndrome, although 99% of the symptoms do not match my injury.

She is going to look if there's a possibility for me in getting a good brace to give some assistance while training. Also a good massage of the lowerarm, she really took hold of some nerves, although she felt very dense muscular tissue

(how could that be :) ) so that made a deep massage a bit difficult.

Tonight training at the precinct.

Deadlifts, 8 x 60 kg (incl.barbell) 8 x 100 kg, 3 x 120 kg, 2 x 1 150 kg, 1 x 160, all in good proper form, no maxing out;

Chin-ups BW (100 kg) 1 x 8 strict fast up and slow descend, 1 x 6, 1 x 5, 1 x 3;

Vertical rowingmachine, bicepsmachine. multiple sets.

Short abwork, decided to leave it with that and went to see an 'almost next of kin' collegue of mine in the hospital. He suffered a heart attack a few weeks ago and is getting better now. Makes you think about things and let's you see things in perspective.

Friday grip YES

Edited by Geralt

Shouldertraining today and grip.

After warmup:

BBE MMS, missed again by just a few mm;

Vulcan level 16 Gold spring, MMS closed;

IM#3 MMS closed;

Vulcan level 15 1 x 2 reps 20mm blockset;

Vulcan level 3 (first notch both sides) and one notch up per side every time, CCS just for getting the feeling,

Ended already level 9 (3-3) left and level 12 (4-4) right. Hands were tired already.

Had a busy day today so I think that costed me some energy.

Assistance work: gripmachine two hands, very wide setting, 80 kg's 2 x 10 reps.

Leverwork, dumbbell loaded on one side, leverwork in all directions. Got a nice pump.

Ended with abs and pushups with pushup stands (4 sets of 20 was the plan. Bwahahahaha. Didn't manage it! Back to basics!)

Coming two days no training due to work and the birthday of my wife :sorcerer::wub: so today I decided to do some

light work. Doing the lighter load more rep routine in correlation to some more quality and amount food intake feels

very good.

Bench 20 x bar, 10 x 50 kg, 6 x 70 kg, 2 x 10 80 kg, 1 x 8 80 kg, 1 x 6 80 kg. (next session add 5kg, and so on)

Incline bench 2 x 10 70 kg, started to lose form and speed so quit there.

1 x 10 BW dips, 5 x explosive chinups, 15 x crunches on incline bench with 20 kg overhead plate pulling;

this set x 2.

Ended with some leg raises. That's it.

Grip: Filed IM#1 1 x 30 reps (10 TNS, 20 MMS)

2 x 5 TNS as explosive as possible (kinda like the John Brookfield idea 'gripper on a string').

Managed to cram in squats today while doing my work at home.

After warmup, 5 x 10 80kg. Lowering the weight (thus removing ego) was a good idea. Hope to improve every session.

5 x 10 100 kg is my first goal. 150kg 1rm is the primary short term goal.

Deadlift 1 x 10 50kg, 1 x 8 100 kg, 1 x 6 120 kg, 3 x 3 140 kg, focus on speed and pushing those heels through the ground.

Strict chinups 1 x 5 BW, 2 x 4 BW+10kg (=110kg);

Lat pulldowns on machine 2 x 10;

Vertical rows on cablemachine 2 x 8;

Biceps on machine 3 x 10, 1 x 8, arms got tired;

Standing facepulls with rope attachment for upper back and traps 2 x many;

Standing shrugs with rope attachment, 3 x many.

Abs on incline bench and legraises.

Filed IM#2 in between, 3 x 3 speedreps MMS.

Edited by Geralt

- Squats, up to 110 kg;

- Seated shoulderpress with barbell (standing I would go through the ceiling);

- Lateral raises, both front and side;

- Rubberband stretches (standing and lying ) for shoulders;

- Barbellshrugs;

- Ab wheel rollouts (went crap, did some legraises after that)

in between I did grip.

Warm up

Vulcan level 3 1 x 5 MMS speedcloses;

Filed IM#2 2 x 1 MMS speedcloses;

Working

169# BBE 1 x 1 MMS missed by a mm;

2 x 1 MMS CLOSED! PR

IM#3 1 x 1 MMS closed;

IM#3 choked parallel tried 'speedclose', got up to turtlespeed. Hands had lost sharpness already.

Assistance

Gripmachine, widest setting, hands almost open and full closes, 40 kg. 2 x 15 fast up, slow down;

Dumbbell loaded on one side, towel around other side for thicker grip. Leverwork in all directions;

Reverse curls for extensors (one handed) with smalldumbell plate 3 kg. (isn't much, but I've got this inflammation in my right lower arm).

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 3

- Squats, up to 110 kg;

- Seated shoulderpress with barbell (standing I would go through the ceiling);

- Lateral raises, both front and side;

- Rubberband stretches (standing and lying ) for shoulders;

- Barbellshrugs;

- Ab wheel rollouts (went crap, did some legraises after that)

in between I did grip.

Warm up

Vulcan level 3 1 x 5 MMS speedcloses;

Filed IM#2 2 x 1 MMS speedcloses;

Working

169# BBE 1 x 1 MMS missed by a mm;

2 x 1 MMS CLOSED! PR

IM#3 1 x 1 MMS closed;

IM#3 choked parallel tried 'speedclose', got up to turtlespeed. Hands had lost sharpness already.

Assistance

Gripmachine, widest setting, hands almost open and full closes, 40 kg. 2 x 15 fast up, slow down;

Dumbbell loaded on one side, towel around other side for thicker grip. Leverwork in all directions;

Reverse curls for extensors (one handed) with smalldumbell plate 3 kg. (isn't much, but I've got this inflammation in my right lower arm).

Great Job With The Elite Close!

• Like 1

Very picky on my form and it feels good. Together with some more food intake this still feels good. Why didn't I do this earlier.

* Squats after warming up 4 x 10 85kg (ATG);

* Bench after warming up 2 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 6 all at 87,5 kg;

* Skullcrushers with EZ bar, 1 x 8 30 kg, 1 x 6 25 kg, 1 x 5 25 kg. Tri's were getting toasted, fast up, slowly down, extending and lowering my arms as far as possible;

* Single arm tricep pulldowns with underhand grip. Opening a door and pushing it open is a problem now.

* Abs, ab wheel and weighted crunches with 20kg plate on incline bench.

In between grip, after warmup: thumbscrews on IM#1 (closing it with both hands multiple sets) and 3 x 3 speedcloses filed IM#2.5 R and IM#2 L.

Proteinshake for Geralt.

Great job Geralt !

Hey buddy! Nice to hear from you! Everything ok? Gripboard is rooting for Joefrey you know! :grin: TIme for you to get that #3 cert out of the way now.

Tonight training at the precinct:

Deadlift conventional, DO grip: 60kg x 10, 100kg x 8, 130kg x 3, 150kg x 2, 130kg x 3, all focus on speed, no maxing out;

Chinups, BW x 5, BW+10kg x 5, x 4, x 3;

Lat pulldown with neutral grip, feet against the machine itself hanging backwards, stack x 10, x 10;

Cablerow, stack (110 kg) 1 x 10, 1 x 8;

Biceps, 1 x 10 seated hammercurls, didn't feel bad but also not great on my right arm, so I'm ditching those...

Biceps on machine, Just like the feeling of this machine. Handles can be turned for better lower armposition 2 x 10, 1 x 6, 1 x 5;

Abs on decline bench with medicine ball;

Shrugs in Smithmachine.

Everything is OK. Sure, COC 3 cert is on my mind but I need to focus much more on it :) New job and new house kept me away from training :getlost: but I've not said my last words.

So, let's train hard and see what will happen !! :mosher

• Like 1

Tonight not so exciting gripnight, but there were no PR's scheduled...so...

Shoulders: Shoulderpress bar x 10, 30kg x 10, 40kg x 8, 45kg x 6, 45kg x 6; (Yes I'm weak as hell in my shoulders but hey I'm dealing with it right now..)

EZ bar upright rows: (bar=6kg) 26kg x 10, 36kg x 10, 40kg x 8, 40kg x 8;

Shoulders strict front raises 10 kg x 10 x 8 x 6 x 5

Back of shoulders with rubberband, this gives more than enough resistance to feel it burn.

Sets of pushups with various handpositions and legraises.

Grip: IM#3.5 forced closed and try to hold closed x 3,

MM2 replica MMS 1 x 1 closed;

IM#3 MMS closed and hold as long as possible;

Vulcan level 15 1 x 1 deep set, had trouble with the set, had planned block set work but my hands were already screwed;

Vulcan level 14 MMS 1 x 1 closed but cost me to much effort. The pulling work from wednesday took it's toll or so I think...

Gripmachine full width 40kg x 10, 50kg x 10, 60kg x 10, arms were pumped like crazy!

Ended with EZ bar bicepcurls just for the pump, bar x 10, 26kg x 10, 36 x 10, x 10, x 10, x 6...empty.

Planned to do some wristcurls with plates but didn't bother anymore...maybe tomorrow.

Edited by Geralt

Felt a cold coming today and had a busy day. So short workout, getting on with what needs done. No sessions to be skipt.

So when energy level is getting low, I restrict myself to do only the very basics.

Gripwise did a little bit to heavy, seeing as last friday was my 'heavy' session.

I'll note only the worksets.

Squats: 5 x5 ATG at 90kg;

Bench: 4 x 6 at 90kg;

BW dips (around 100kg) 1 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 6, 1 x 5. (don't do them very often for speed)

Grip:

IM#3 3 x 1 MMS closed;

Filed IM#3 3 x 1 as explosive as possible, although I had to assist the last one closed...

To bed early...

*@*! flu....throat filled with sawpaper. Or so it feels. Came from work a bit earlier and decided to sweat out at home before dinner, so no training at the

precinct tonight. To bed early. Only thing that works for me in these cases.

Deadlift (actually at home I have smaller plates, so the bar is a little bit lower thus making the deadlift quite a good exc. for the hammies)

1 x 10 50kg, 1 x 8 100kg, 1 x 3 130kg, 1 x 3 140kg, 1 x 3 150kg, 1 x 2 140kg, etc.. ended with 5 x 100 kg;

Chin-ups 5 x 5 @bw;

Dumbbellrows 30kg 3 x 10;

Stopping now for dinner, maybe some shoulder work afterwards tonight...not going to mention that further.

Zzzzzzzz...