Derek's Bending Log

vikingsrule92

Running: 1 mile 8:59.76 WOW!!! I pushed myself to the limit on this one, I guess I was just taking it to easy on myself last time. VERY happy about this.

Hmm. Going to have to see if I can top that :devil

Nice job onthe other stuff, especially the blob. I don't think i could get air on a 40, so I'm impressed.

Great workout Derek, I knew you could do it (re: 50 Blob)! I think you'll be the lightest on the Blob list, BTW.

Is there someone younger then me who has done it? I can't remember. Thanks Bob!! I was feeling fairly strong today :tongue

Yes, of course you'll be the youngest Derek, that goes without saying. I think Steve must be pretty close to you in BW as well-and he's on the way to getting the 50. I think I was < 160 when i first did it, would need to look it up. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but fun to think and talk about anyway.

Well I'm 159.5 Bob so you might have Me best by a very small margin or something. No it doesn't but as you said, fun to talk about.

Congrats on the Blob pull Big guy. I knew you were close.

I bet you could get a rafter pullup now too.

:rock:rock

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron! My dad has some decent rafters, I'll have to give them a shot.

Josh, thanks a lot bro. They're about 8" but I have really long lanky fingers.

Blob 50 is great :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

• 2 weeks later...

So people, The day after tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out. Fun stuff :rolleyes SO I won't be working out for at least another week. In addition I need to let my biceps heal so I don't have to deal with this injury again. Just thought I'd let any faithful readers get the update ;)

very Fun stuff righ there :(

congrats on the solid # 3 at the BBB

that and the BLOB , way to go !!!! :rock

So people, The day after tomorrow I get my wisdom teeth out. Fun stuff :rolleyes SO I won't be working out for at least another week. In addition I need to let my biceps heal so I don't have to deal with this injury again. Just thought I'd let any faithful readers get the update ;)

Rest is never a bad thing ;)

Ohhh surree!!! Don't worry Zach, I'll be back stronger ;) And when I come back, I plan on taking down the MM1 by the middle of November

Ohhh surree!!! Don't worry Zach, I'll be back stronger ;) And when I come back, I plan on taking down the MM1 by the middle of November

Such is the nature of rest :)

I didn't intend to but I ended up messing around with grippers a bit today

I actually set my #3.5 to a little outside parallel, couldn't do that before.

RB260x1 BIG PR

HG350 in a choker at 5/8", parallel, then 7/8" all closed all PRs

HG300 pretty close MMS

Elite at MM2 specs to about 1/4" MMS

RB300N pretty close MMS

Nice grip workout! Are you sure the painkillers aren't giving you an unfair advantage? :laugh

Nice grip workout! Are you sure the painkillers aren't giving you an unfair advantage? :laugh

Hahaha I don't have them yet, that's tomorrow. And I think painkillers and grippers could be a dangerous combination :laugh

RB260x1 BIG PR

HG300 pretty close MMS

RB300N pretty close MMS

that's some good gripper work! #3.5s generally have a nasty sweep on them, just being able to set one isn't bad going! I think you'll get the MM1 easily. It isn't too bad a gripper if you are closing a decent #3 regularly IMO.

RB260x1 BIG PR

HG300 pretty close MMS

RB300N pretty close MMS

What's that 260 cal at? Mine is just a little bit harder than my 150lb #3.

Thanks Sam! I hope to go after it after my recovery from this surgery.

It hasn't been cald Zack but it feels harder then any #3 I own.

Messed around with some random stuff yesterday, wasn't feeling particularly strong.

Grippers:

Crap, total crap.

Blobs:

Just did some Hulas for fun, I got my 35lb Blob for 32 full rotations around my waist before it flew out of my hand and rolled a couple feet away :laugh

One Arm Jerks with a 2" Loadable DB

77x1 each

82x1 each

87x1 R, near miss L

92x1 R

97x1 R PR!!! a tad over 61% of BW, I'd like to work up to around 75% of BW, anyone know what's considered a good lift BW-wise with this?

One Hand Deadlift

135x1

185x1

195x1

205x1 R

210x0 multiple lifts to the knees

Not very good with this lift, need to work it a bit. I have no center knurl though so it's a fair bit harder then a normal bar.

2" DB Deadlift

152x1

2" DB Farmers holds

70 in each hand x 49.58, 31.07

Some weak farmers walks

45 in each hand x I have no clue how long, tough though and fairly long.

screwed around just a little with grippers today. Not much point in this post but bragging :laugh Got the Elite at MM2 specs in a choker at 5/8", parallel, 7/8", and missed 1" by about 1/16".

Tomorrow I get my T6 and T7 and I can't wait to give the T6 a try, I doubt I will do much with the T7 :D

Today I also got my Double stamped #3 from Steve (knyaz) and some free wraps (2 pair) he was generous enough to include, thanks buddy. This feels harder then my 157 #3, but it's in need of an oiling and I didn't compare my 157 directly to it. I got it down to about 1/4" with no warmup, this was followed by the choked closes above.

After all of this success I think when Bill opens up the MM sign ups again I will jump on board.

Been busy lately, behind on posting workouts.

October 17 (I think? Can't remember, haha)

Grippers

MM2 Rep. to 1/16"

144 clamped at 5/8" to 3/8" L

Hard #3 - crappy set

138 to 1/8" L

Hard #3 to 1/8"

144 at 5/8" to 1/4" L

Blobs/Pinch (done with both hands unless stated otherwise)

45 M+R air, air

45+10 - air

2-33 plates - 3 finger R

2-33s 2 finger R (I+R), 3 finger L

45+2 - last 3 fingers

45 - M+R - L

45+5 - last 3 fingers - air, air, air, x1 L

45+5 - M+R - air, air

1HDL

Complete Crap

2" DB C&J

77x1

82x1

87x1C - R

102x1 Jerk - R

107x miss, miss

Rolling Thunder (weight including apparatus)

142x3 each

152x1 each

167x1 R

169.5x1 R

172x0

170.5x0

147x14 R

130x20 L

Blobs

40 Hula x 9 full circles

10-23-08 (yesterday)

Deadlifts!! Long time no regular deadlift, I missed this exercise

All done Double Overhand, damn my back is pathetic, or my grip is really strong, depends on if you're an optimist or pessimist I suppose :laugh First 4 sets beltless, after that belted

135x5

185x5

225x5

275x3

295x3

315x3

335x1

345x1

I definitely over warmed-up, was toasted after 345, I'm capable of more. This was just a test day however. This proves my back is holding back my Axle lift to an extent, so yes, I am stronger then you Paul Knight :D:laugh

Shrugs

135- 5x5

Can go way heavier, but a bar was awkward, think I may switch to DBs next time

Farmers Walk

45 in each hand (handled plates) - same route as last time, twice (rest in between of course :D) Felt way better this time, like this exercise a lot, I just wish I had something to train with other then 2" DBs (to progress with) so my grip wasn't a limiting factor at all.

Also before this I got within a hair of my hard #3, the one well harder then my 157 and in the same range as the MM2 rep.