• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Got a 1/4" x 7" square yesterday. First attempt massively off center (like an inch or more), but started moving, so wrapped up another & tried again with better hand position & it went. Very hard.

That happens to me EVERY time I try to videotape a bend.

This is the one and only (so far) video of me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCL9JM7s7Iw

It was like an inch offcenter, and messed it all up for me.

Tried to crush it without pads: no success!

Nice bend David

I just bent a 1/4"x5.5" Grade 5 bolt, this time I fallowed the rules. It was bent in under 30 sec. and only to a little past 40degrees and not 90 degrees. Sure is a lot easier to bend with in the rules. Here is the link

Maybe this one will work.

Nice bend, FatBoy!

1 Mar 07

1. Bent a spanner today Reverse style, and finished it off.

2. Lots of reps on the bending machine.

I haven't bent a bar since the 26th of Feb, apart from the spanner on the 1st March for a laugh. So it's a week so far, and all I've used is my machine. I'm going to experiment here and try maybe 3 weeks of the machine only with no actual bar bending and see what happens. My last bar bend was a 6.5" Bastard bar to 40 degrees.

Do you think there will be a drop off?

We shall see, it's just an experiment.

David

Very cool experiment David. Takes a lot of will power I'd guess. Something I don't know anything about when it comes to bending.

I think there will be a drop off. But I hope you prove that wrong...course if we didn't all trust you, I'd think you were doing a lot of midnight Reverse bending to keep sharp. :D Good luck!

Well, i didn't bend for two weeks, and had just one week of training with the machine (3 times high reps in 1st setting) and melted the G5.

I won't touch any bars, until i can get at least a full rep or two on the 2nd setting, and then see if i can bend a G8.

Maybe Jim can give his thoughts how he prepared for the G8?

Ben,

I have a full workout on all my other training so it's easy to omit something, especially for an experiment. Over the years experiments have allowed me to attain big strength/technique gains, and also if the particular thing didn't work then stop wasting my time.

David

Well, i didn't bend for two weeks, and had just one week of training with the machine (3 times high reps in 1st setting) and melted the G5.

I won't touch any bars, until i can get at least a full rep or two on the 2nd setting, and then see if i can bend a G8.

Maybe Jim can give his thoughts how he prepared for the G8?

Right on Theo. I'm not arguing with a man like David who has a combo of tons of training experience and world class strength in everything. Just stating my simple opinion. That's very cool that you bent the Grade 5 with such a small amount of training. Hope your training experiment works also. That would be neat. I'm ready to join the Bending Trainer boat though...my Reverse and DU are slow to respond to mega volume. So I might have to go away from what worked so well for me with my DO training.

Ben, maybe it is better if you don't get the device, otherwise you'll be steamin' through this list as well! :cool

Theo

I hadn't really touched the machine until this Tuesday. As for preparing for the G8, well, I just did some singles once per week. It sort of went like this:

G5 - bent

G8 - 30 degrees

Bastard - 20 degrees

G5.5 - bent

7" x 1/4" square FBBC stock - 22 degrees

G8 - bent (you saw that one)

That's the story so far. Wrist was hurting for a while after the G8 so the work on the machine was the first bending I've done since then.

Jim

Thanks for your input Jim,

so I guess you can get a full rep on the 2nd setting?

Dunno, Dutch. Probably not - I'm not very good on the machine. I'll try tonight.

Great bending Jim!

Seeing all the big Reverse bends has got me training it again. Nothing special but eventually I'll get that Grade 8.

-Timber Tie

-1/4"X7" CRS to 68 degrees in 2 seconds. Comically easy.

-1/4"X7" Square to 1 penny kink. Only hardware stock so I'm in some trouble.

-1/4"X5" CRS to 56 degrees in 3 seconds. Ridiculously easy.

-1/4"X4.75" CRS to 48 degrees in 30 seconds. I think I got it to the required 40 degrees long before the time limit, but I kept hitting it since I couldn't tell. Awkward at that length. This was a length PR on the 1/4" CRS.

-1/4"X5.75" Stainless to 42 degrees in 10 seconds. Another length PR this time on the 1/4" Stainless. Felt as hard as most 1/4"X6" Grade 5s.

-1/4"X6.5" Stainless to 57 degrees in 5 seconds. Getting stronger bit by bit.

I've got some more 1/4"X6" Grade 5s ordered and also a bit more 1/4" Stainless. So I fully plan on getting the 1/4"X6" Grade 8 before my birthday in late May. Hopefully much before that.