Online Reverse Bending Challenge?

David Horne

Nick Rosendaul came down today - we both managed to reverse bend 1/4" square by 7" Cold Roll. It's not FBBC stock but it was still a PR for both of us. I don't have any FBBC square to compare it with but steel from this same manufactuer is very close to the round stuff from John. Last time I tried it was only 24 degrees of so so some progress.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Nick Rosendaul came down today - we both managed to reverse bend 1/4" square by 7" Cold Roll. It's not FBBC stock but it was still a PR for both of us. I don't have any FBBC square to compare it with but steel from this same manufactuer is very close to the round stuff from John. Last time I tried it was only 24 degrees of so so some progress.

Nice work Climber.

I set a new PR myself last week, unfortunately I did not roll any film on that workout. I bent a 5/16x7" grade 2. I was the hardest fight I have had with anything that actually moved. :tongue I just made it to 40 degrees when my wife yell at me that my time was up.

That was the last 5/16 grd 2 that I had but I will see if I can steal one form Thor and get it on film.

Gazza,

No probs.

Anyway, I'd like you to give Elizabeth some tips on DO, especially the 90 degree bend area.

David

Elizabeth is doing great.

if she is planning a g5 x 6inch as he next bend she needs to just work on 6inch stock no other lengths so she stays in the 6inch groove use 1/4" CRS round and hex then tie mesh wire to them a piece at a time theres a photo in my gallery of the mesh wire.

She also needs to do ISOS on prebend 80degree and 100degree stuff just ease into the position then try and hold the ISOS for 10 seconds do these after her bending as they sap your energy/strength abit when done right and if done last dont have a negative effect on technique.

The ISOS should be apart of any benders training.

Also gget a pair of cheat kink bars made with 7mms hole in one end and 9mms in the other this way you can pre/cheat kink 1/4"and5/16" stock if she is working with bars not bolts and she gets stuck at 90degrees just slick the cheat kink bars on move the bar a few degrees and away you go if shes still stuff use the bars for a few more degrees again etc.

Hope this helps.

Gazza,

Cheers for the info. I saw the cheat kink and pre bend bars in your arsenal article, which by the way is a quality how-to. I'll get these made this week for her.

Elizabeth has bent the triangle head 6" Grade 5 bolt, and has got a 5.5" to about 60-70 degrees. 6"-5.5" is her best distance, so maybe the Grade 8 x 6" bolt will be the next.

It does help, thanks again.

David

Well had a great workout tonight did everything accross the board from stones to tearing. Was able to tear a easy deck of dollar tree card in the box a pr for me I'm not a big tearer, cleaned my 45blob, got my chunck of 4"CR 72.5# picked from the middle been a while for that.Messed around with a cool antique 13# sledge hammer I got today,pulled 70# on my ironmind hub pr. So I was reading a post on the farmboard that my brother put up that he was messing around with some 5/16 HR reverse style. So I figured what the heck the I haven't been doing alot of bending lately but it was a good day so better try while I can. I got a chunck of 5/16 HR 7" to 55deg pretty quick so while the iron was hot I tryed a G8 6" got it in 30secs. to 43degs Pr yes! I've tryed several of these in the past but till today best was 24degs I think so finally got one man these hurt hats off to you guys who think these are a average bend . So after all that went outside to enjoy the nice weather that is finally showing up and took some stones for a stroll up and down the drive while the neighbor guy shook his head at me it was a good night.

Stew2,

Sounds like you were on fire. It's great when you have a workout like that.

Pm me your details, name, date, venue, and I'll get your bend up on the list.

Well done,

David

Very Nice Big brother. Now I got to bend one. Let me heal up form this week and I will give one a go next week.

Nick and I do 1/4" by 7" square reverse last weekend so you just have to go and do a grade 8, don't you? It's hard to keep up with you guys. Nice job Stew!! But if you and Nick do it - I'll have to do it - you guys are gonna be the death of me. :whistel

I was close on the 1/4" square Chris. I forgot it was to 45 for the 7" stuff not 40. I think I had it to 43 If i remember right and you had yours past 50. I will keep working at it.

Tried a G8 again yesterday, not much happening except for a kink. I felt a huge pressure on my elbow all the down up to my wrist and it a nice pain somehow. Same when i do a lot of reps with the developer, and i want to let go after a set, i can't. I have to ease my hands off.

Now the problem is, i am experiencing some major pain in my left forearm. Right in the belly of my forearm, there are heavy shooting pains going through my forearm. It was actually hurting so much, that yesterday while i was having a beer and the pain shot through my arm, i lost my beer! The shoots come, and all the power in my forearm and hand is gone.. Any ideas what i should do?

Edited by DuTCH

Tried a G8 again yesterday, not much happening except for a kink. I felt a huge pressure on my elbow all the down up to my wrist and it a nice pain somehow. Same when i do a lot of reps with the developer, and i want to let go after a set, i can't. I have to ease my hands off.

Now the problem is, i am experiencing some major pain in my left forearm. Right in the belly of my forearm, there are heavy shooting pains going through my forearm. It was actually hurting so much, that yesterday while i was having a beer and the pain shot through my arm, i lost my beer! The shoots come, and all the power in my forearm and hand is gone.. Any ideas what i should do?

Rest and massage maybe - you've been going at it pretty hard for a while now Theo - sounds like you tweaked something in there. Give it a break and see a massage therapist (for your ARM) :rolleyes .

Sounds like the old armwrestling pain.

Have a bit of a rest and take some anti-inflamatories.

David

Rest and massage maybe - you've been going at it pretty hard for a while now Theo - sounds like you tweaked something in there. Give it a break and see a massage therapist (for your ARM) :rolleyes .

Hahaha!!! :shifty

Thanks David and Chris, will do. I'll give it a bit of a rest..

Theo.

do you do a specific warmup before the bending?

I always got into trouble with my left elbow (the lower, 'holding' hand) but it seems to be fine when having done a sledge workout before.

I felt a huge pressure on my elbow all the down up to my wrist

and i want to let go after a set, i can't. I have to ease my hands off.

Dutch,

Man, I've been there. For the longest time I had problems progressing because of pain like what your talking about. Every time I'd do any bending, isometrics or anything, I'd have to SLOWLY ease off the tension on the bar because the middle of my forearm felt like someone just hit it 10 times with a sledge hammer--and I'd always warm up before I started bending. I also had the pain in my elbow of my holding hand and at times I'd get shooting pains in my bicep (of holding hand). It hurt to turn a door knob or the steering wheel. I was trying to reverse bend way too often, 2-3 days (for me, it was too often) and wasn't recovering.

The forearm pain did not heal until I came to my senses and did what I didn't want to do-- and stopped bending. I just took two full weeks off (I was going crazy looking at stuff layin around my house and it was all I could stand) and was amazed at the difference when I went back at it, and thanks to the lay off, I have no pain and I've been hitting PR's just about every week. These days, I only do the short bending once a week and I have no pain.

What fixed my elbow pain was to add in some dumbbell curls for maintenance--15 reps or so for 1-2 sets and this took care of my bicep pain also. I do some really easy bends (timber ties) and some light curls for my warm up and these days I have no problems/pain. Bending pain free is good :D

I don't know it all, but this helped me. Hope it helps you. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

ah forearm pain. Had a nice DO mini-volume last week (6 reds and 2 bastards), and I felt ok afterwards. Then the next day (and still) the intense forearm pain came.

Got Horne's wrist developer some days ago (great piece of equipment!!), and I knew I shouldn't give it a go coz it would just make things worse. Couldn't just stare at it anymore, so I gave it a go yesterday cuz I felt a bit better. Well now I'm suffering again haha :D

Read something about putting your hands/arms in lukewarm water for one minute, then switch to cold water, then repeat it a couple o'times. Never tried it meself.

Mutts Earick

When I armwrestled I use to get knotting in the tricep/bicep area probably due to the side pressure I use whilst hooking. Anyway, deep PAINFUL massages by Elizabeth would clear this.

David

Thanks again for the replies guys. As far as warming up, i might do some 6mm nails, or just hit the developer in the first setting for a few reps.

Frank, i'll give it a try

Aaron, it is hard to not do stuff! Some light curls might do the trick also! Good tip!

Right now i haven't touched it in a while, maybe saturday again, as i still feel there is some soreness when doing pinch and other stuff. The shooting pains, thank god, are gone.

I got my first nail package from FBBC yesterday with some G8s, squares and bastards. I was able to bend the square, which is a PR. Not much time for preparation for the MGC III left... Looking forward to it!

Nice Flo!!!!