Online Reverse Bending Challenge?

David Horne

19 Feb 07

Elizabeth Horne's training

1. Bent a FBBC 1/4" x 6" Reverse style to 56 degrees in the 30 secs.

2. Bent a 8mm x 6.5" HRS 212.5k Challenge bar Reverse style to 42 degrees, and finished DO in under 2 mins.

This was Elizabeth's first reverse style bending for a very long time. All she had done in the meantime was use the Bending Machine and bend Double Overhand. This was the first time Elizabeth had bent 8mm stock, never mind reverse it!

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Wow!!! Incredible bends!!!! Also can't wait to see that 6.5 bastard fall!!!

19 Feb 07

Elizabeth Horne's training

1. Bent a FBBC 1/4" x 6" Reverse style to 56 degrees in the 30 secs.

2. Bent a 8mm x 6.5" HRS 212.5k Challenge bar Reverse style to 42 degrees, and finished DO in under 2 mins.

This was Elizabeth's first reverse style bending for a very long time. All she had done in the meantime was use the Bending Machine and bend Double Overhand. This was the first time Elizabeth had bent 8mm stock, never mind reverse it!

That's an icredible show of wrist strength for the so called "weaker" sex! Nice work, Liz!!!

Allright, I did not give up on this. Got a 5" grade 5 to 30 degrees. Might make another go at it later in the day.

Bob,

You'll get it soon. Bigger hits to start with, done quickly should get you through to the 40 degrees.

David

Got a 6" G5 to 50 degrees. :mosher

I know, not that great, but I'm content with it being my first real reverse bending session. :)

Good start :rock

20 Feb 07

1. Bent a 6.5" x 8mm bar from my friend to 20 degrees. This steel felt a little tougher than a Bastard bar of the same length.

Also did my first presses today. A Mighty 3 sets of 10 with the olympic bar - woohoo!

Today I Got a Grade 8 1/4"x6" to 41 degrees with Frankboy, Acorn, Chris Rice and Scott George watching on webcam. The bend was about 12 seconds.

Edited by John Eaton

Damn,

actually I just wanted to bust Johns balls a bit with the idea to do a G8 non-DO.

But that guy just bent that thing reverse first try. :whacked

I feel offended! :laugh

Serious John:

Well done, that puts the things into perspective for me. :bow

Last bending session before Saturdays attempt at the 6.5" FBBC Bastard Bar at Gloucester.

22 Feb 07

1. Bent a 6" x 8mm bar from my friend to 9 degrees. This steel is a little tougher than a Bastard bar of the same length.

This should stand me in good stead for a weaker, longer bar on saturday.

Good luck David :mosher

Got a 1/4" x 7" square yesterday. First attempt massively off center (like an inch or more), but started moving, so wrapped up another & tried again with better hand position & it went. Very hard.

Excellent John. I tried one of those that David had and managed about 20 degrees. That's a harder bend than a grade 8, right?

Thats an amazing bend, John. :bow

24 February 07

At the supermatch in Gloucester.

David Horne Reverse bent a 6.5" Bastard bar, but unfortunately outside of the 30 sec time.

Jim Wylie Reverse bent a 6" Grade 8 bolt.

Outstanding bend David !!! Just being able to get it is Kick A--. Maybe Next week?

Outstanding bend on the square John!!!