Online Reverse Bending Challenge?

David Horne

Nice Flo!

Tried it again, after almost two weeks of rest. Felt much better, warmed up with some curls. Still couldn't bend the G8, but got a waay better kink in it, around 15 degrees.. I feel I am wrapping it a bit wrong, around the bolt. It's a bit loose. Anyway, i'll keep on trucking!

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Flo,

Was this a 7" square. Give me the details and I'll put it on the list.

Well done!

Theo,

15 degrees is a good start, just try and keep increasing this. This is what I have done on the Bastard bars I have bent. Try and get your wraps tight. I only use a thin one in my holding hand.

David

Hi, I managed to get a 5.5"x8mm hrs earlier reverse style. Not sure if this good enough for this challenge but it's my best reverse yet so I thought I'd add it. The vid will be on youtube soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of training details recently, just so busy with work. Haven't stopped bending, back problem isn't causing any problem with it.

On saturday got a new 6" Bastard to 14 degrees.

Today got 2 x 6" nails (cut down to 5") to 15 degrres.

David

• 1 month later...

Reverse bending is in part of my training for the GGC, so keeping a lid on what I'm doing right now.

If anyone is doing any bends that you want on the list on my site, just send me details, and a video if it's a Bastard or above.

David

• 1 month later...

I havent bent short bars in a long time now.

I have focused on sledge and c.curls.

Gave it a try today and killed the 267.5k Challenge bar in one good sweep. I couldn't do that when I was focusing on reversebending.

Gave the 290K bar a blast and got it close to 30 degrees.

I hope this is better than newbie level. If not, I have to start all over again.

I did get the 1/4" x 7" FBBC square to 90 degrees, but not on video.

I still have the strength to do the 1/4" FBBC square, but I tend to rest the bar on the area between the index and the thumb, and it's getting quite messed up by now

Mats

The 1/4 Square is tough reverse. Far above anyone just starting out in less they are very strong to start.

Never mind the list. I'm not sure if I passed the 30 sek. limit.

I'll see if I can make a video of it

Good to see some guys still killing steel reversed :rock

Edited by JoeGrip

Good to see some guys still killing steel reversed :rock

Always :D

That's how I found my technique when I started out. I couldn't bend DO for what it was worth.

Mats

267.5K Challenge Bar

Done today. Not satisfied at all.

Mats

Edited by Mats Erik

Mats,

Well done. Looked easy.

You can measure it with the staight half higher, in-line with the 0 degrees.

Anyway I'll put it on the list.

David

Thanks

But I've got a problem reversing anything under 6". I just don't know where to position my hands when the knuckles on my holding hand meets the thumbpad on the bending hand.

By the way, I'm righty handed and I hold the bolt with my right hand and bend mainly with my left

Mats

Very Nice Bend Mats!!! Seems like the 40 deg is already met when the knuckles touch, but for more bend, how about grabbing your thumb pad with the fingers that are in the way :)

David

I must thank you for posting all your pre and post surgery workouts. I just had shoulder surgery on Friday the 27, of July for a torn rotator cuff, a small tear on the bicep tendon, and the removal of a bone spur. I was filling rather blue, but my hopes were high for good recovery. Then I remembered that you had shoulder surgery not to long back and made unbelievable comeback. So with a lot of time on my HAND I went back and reread all the posts in this thread and all I can say is your a stud. Although my right wrist is still injured from bending a horse shoe on April 1 there is know reason that I can not train my left wrist, hand, forearm, and etc..

Again thank you for posting your recovery and inspiring me to comeback even stronger. I really like the idea of bending with a vise and my good hand and shoulder. I will give this a try tomorrow with some 60d's.

Your a true inspiration.

William,

Well I am glad you feel happier now. I know how the surgery feels!

The surgeon told me it would take 6 months for the pain to go, and he was nearly right - it took a bit longer. But I feel it will have taken 12 months for it to totally quieten down and get the flexibility back.

Regards bending, I just can't get into any good position (far too painful) with the DO style, but luckily there is many other styles, including braced which is fine. Just be careful, do all your rehab work and more, and do lots of very light bodybuilding work for high reps - this has helped alot. Also upper back and lat exercises are also extremely helpful to recovery. Exercises like rows with a dumbell or barbell. I also use chest expanders for shoulder rehab work.

Anyway, hope this helps, and good luck.

David

I also use chest expanders for shoulder rehab work.

Yep, it's the 'shoulder of pain' tonight I believe Dave ;).

Nick gave me a 1/4" Square x 7" FBBC bar. I bent it to 50 degrees today reverse style. I have video or will have as soon as my son comes home who knows how to post it. I just bend the stuff - someone else has to do the video part.

Chris,

Well done!

Video evidence is only needed for the levels of a 'Bastard' bar and upwards.

I will put you on the list.

David

Nick gave me a 1/4" Square x 7" FBBC bar. I bent it to 50 degrees today reverse style. I have video or will have as soon as my son comes home who knows how to post it. I just bend the stuff - someone else has to do the video part.

AWESOME climber! :rock

Chris,

Well done!

Video evidence is only needed for the levels of a 'Bastard' bar and upwards.

I will put you on the list.

David

In that case can I, at least, have a start on here?

My best reverses to date are 60d, 1/4"hex@6(iffy this one, early and not 30 secs, but got reverse), 1/4"CRS@5" and 8mmHRS@6.5" all to around 50 deg or more. The latter being the latest. :unsure

Here's the list for the bars, bolts accepted for the list.

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/rever...ylebending.html

David

In that case can I, at least, have a start on here?

My best reverses to date are 60d, 1/4"hex@6(iffy this one, early and not 30 secs, but got reverse), 1/4"CRS@5" and 8mmHRS@6.5" all to around 50 deg or more. The latter being the latest. :unsure

OK I've got a 6"G5 that I've been sent, when/if I get it I'll let you know, Cheers David! :D