• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

That's Awesome Chris!!! Good thing I HAD THAT.

The Nick and Chris steel exchange program at work :tongue .

Nick it wasn't much different than the 1/4" square we bent from Knowlton steel. I actually think the Goodman 1/4" square is a touch harder than the FBBC you gave me. Think I'm going to try a 6 1/2" Knowlton here in a few days.

I did the 1/4"x 6 1/2" Knowlton Square to 50 degrees a few days ago and tonight a piece of the Goodman Steel 1/4" x x7" square to about 42 degrees - the Goodmans is harder than the FBBC and the Knowlton is definitely easier stock with a 6 1/2" Knowlton about equal to the 7" FBBC stuff. Hurt the back of my left hand on the Goodmans bend tonight, time for some ice. I wanted to try a Bastard bar but I better leave things alone till it quits hurting.

Nice bending Chris, that's a stout reverse! :bow

Well done Chris!

Yeah those squares are painful to reverse. I always mess up the area between the thumb and index

Mtas

My left hand is not happy today. The wrist on the outside and the area behind my index finger deep inside are very painful and have limited ROM without pain - looks like some ice, ibu, and time off before GGC.

If I only could control my hands when I reverse, I'd do alot better I think. :D

Maybe I'll go back to the "Steve Weiner-way" at waistlevel.

Mats

• 2 weeks later...

Got that G5 now! :D

It was a silver triangle 1/4"G5 bolt@6" taken reverse to about 45 degrees in JUST under the 30 seconds. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this should go here, in the contest section, or a a special "sneaky boy" thread. At GGC Jedd, John Eaton and I open with 1/4" x 7 square from Goodman Steel - a touch harder I believe than the FBBC square Nick gave me. Second round - we decide to all go 6.5" square - but Jedd the old dog that he is - puts his back and grabs a 6" unknown to John and I - that's where the sneaky part comes in - I'm going have to watch that old fox a lot closer next time < < . So at the end of the second round - old sneaky has us. Third round - old Jedd still hasn't said a word about being ahead by 1/2". We all decide on FBBC Bastard bars (the new dark nasty ones) I'm not sure how far Jedd got his but I got 30 degrees and John said his stayed straight - the only thing I know is old sneaky didn't get the 40 but still won the event. Jedd you should be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of us - damn, I wish I'd thought of that :tongue

Edited by climber511

Not sure if this should go here, in the contest section, or a a special "sneaky boy" thread. At GGC Jedd, John Eaton and I open with 1/4" x 7 square from Goodman Steel - a touch harder I believe than the FBBC square Nick gave me. Second round - we decide to all go 6.5" square - but Jedd the old dog that he is - puts his back and grabs a 6" unknown to John and I - that's where the sneaky part comes in - I'm going have to watch that old fox a lot closer next time < < . So at the end of the second round - old sneaky has us. Third round - old Jedd still hasn't said a word about being ahead by 1/2". We all decide on FBBC Bastard bars (the new dark nasty ones) I'm not sure how far Jedd got his but I got 30 degrees and John said his stayed straight - the only thing I know is old sneaky didn't get the 40 but still won the event. Jedd you should be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of us - damn, I wish I'd thought of that :tongue

Dang Climber that is freaking sick to get a bastard that far, you probably could have got it if you were fresh.

:rock :rock :rock

Said it before but Jedd's reverse bend of that Red nail long ago is still one of my all time favorite Diesel videos...crazy strength. That's good company to be in, congrats Chris.

I always knew ole Jedd was sick strong but he's tricky too - just funning Jedder - but Eaton says picking on you is our duty :tongue

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting a PR on reverse bending. Today I hit a 5" Grade 5 right under the time limit. Couldn't get a 6" G8 though. Failed at 18 degrees. But it was after a few other decent (for me) bends. I am trying to play catchup with you guys right now. And it's going to be hard to even place Top 10 in the reverse bending at the next GGC I think. Found some soft 5/16" HRS also and that was nice. Got a 6" piece of that no problem but it's hard to tell if it's easier than a G5 or not. Also got a 9/32"X7" Drill Rod but it was hard for me. Another bending list to target I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a 5.5" G5 bolt! :D

Will post a clip of bend when uploaded.

Is this thread dead now then? :erm

Hi,

Everything is fine. I just need name, place it was done, and date for the list. Without all this I have nothing to put up.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Putting Brendan forward for two superb reverses! 5" G5 and 6"G8

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry323288