• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Very nice David !

Very nice Bend David very strong.

It will be a while before I hit any new pr's, I had a bad time with my IM padsooch!!!. I was trying to increase my volume with IM pads because I am hopping to cert at the CA Fit Expo in 2 weeks. I should be heal up by then.

It will be a while before I hit any new pr's, I had a bad time with my IM padsooch!!!. I was trying to increase my volume with IM pads because I am hopping to cert at the CA Fit Expo in 2 weeks. I should be heal up by then.

Two weeks, no problem! Tape 'em up in the meantime.

Hahahahha, I messed up the area between my thumb and index. Still got a little knot there. Looking forward to hitting things full speed again.

Good luck on your cert, Bill! What's your best bend currently with the Ironmind Pads?

Hahahahha, I messed up the area between my thumb and index. Still got a little knot there. Looking forward to hitting things full speed again.

aaah tell me 'bout it :D hehehe. Did a square yesterday, and again the sharp edge cut into the area between the thumb and index.

My hands looks as if they've been shot with a shotgun. Callus and bubbles and crap.

I find I get a nice callous there. Just startin to get it back again. When I have this I feel nothng.

David

31 Jan 07

1. Bent a FBBC 6.5" Bastard bar to 13 degrees.

Got it on video just in case. It was a good hard bend, and it will take maybe a good few weeks before I'm dominating this. I think probably Gazza and Michael will get this soon as their 7" bastard bends looked easier than mine.

All for now,

David

Didnt Gazza do the 7" SHINY Bastard?

Edited by Alawadhi

Ok I am confused. Aren't the shiny (stainless) way harder than the CRS?

I can only go by what Gazza said

David

To me the fbbc shinys are about equil if maybe a slight touch easier on the initial kink (atleast on the fbbc stock i could compare eg"-shinys to bastards)then the stainless ramps up so is a harder bar but not all the way.

Anyway i dont want to take credit for something that i feel is not much harder than a bastard on the initial kink :D

Good luck on your cert, Bill! What's your best bend currently with the Ironmind Pads?

Ben

My best bends with IM pad are reds, and I have some 5/16x7" CRS that is a lot harder than my last batch of reds. I have not tried anything harder than that. As soon as I cert with IM pads they are going in the trash.

The finger is looking pretty good and my hopes are looking up.

Edited by FatBoy

4 Feb 07

1. Taped two Grade 5 bolts together and tried these reverse. Wow, tough, which is to be expected. But I got about 2 degrees bend. Not much, but I just wanted to see, and have some fun!

Then I did a DU of a grade 5. Woohoo, pleased my shoulder stood up to it.

7 Feb 07

Thought I'd have a go at getting into the Top 20 on Eric's list of 5" and under bends. So I cut a grade 5 down to 4.5". Boy it's short!

1. Bent a Grade 5 x 4.5" bolt to 33 degrees.

Very pleased. I just couldn't really get any more reverse bend, so when I tried to DO crush it I couldn't because of my weak shoulder. Probably shouldn't have tried, but hell I'm still here. :whistel

Bending machine to finish.

David

7 Feb 07

Thought I'd have a go at getting into the Top 20 on Eric's list of 5" and under bends. So I cut a grade 5 down to 4.5". Boy it's short!

1. Bent a Grade 5 x 4.5" bolt to 33 degrees.

Very pleased. I just couldn't really get any more reverse bend, so when I tried to DO crush it I couldn't because of my weak shoulder. Probably shouldn't have tried, but hell I'm still here. :whistel

Bending machine to finish.

David

I'm with Mats. I can't imagine getting enough bite on something that short. Nice work!

9 Feb 07

So close to getting into the Top 20 on Eric's list of 5" and under bends.

1. Bent a Grade 5 x 4.5" bolt to 45 degrees reverse, then after measuring this, bent it to 2 1/4" between the ends DO.

Damn! It bent off centre and I just couldn't finish it. Jim Wylie refereed me, and I have it on video if anyone's interested.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5331

David

David, INCREDIBLE bend of a 4.5" Grade 5 REVERSE!!! That is crazy and I don't see that being matched by more than a handful of guys who train for a decade to achieve it.

Also great job on the Grade 5 DU. Glad the shoulder is holding up nicely. You'll soon be on that list! With as far off center as that was bent, you'd probably be good for a 4" Grade 5 DO.

Amaury,

Yes being off centre caused me a problem at the final crushdown, one side just kept moving.

Bencrush,

Many thanks for your kind words. I'm an advance grip guy, but still an intermediate bender. It will take a lot of learning to move up with you crazy guys. The shoulder is still healing, and after watching the video just, I can see my left side giving in the crush, just weaker. I think that I could kink a 4" grade 5, but the DO part may stump me. You can all tell me what I'm doing wrong when you watch the video tomorrow.

David

From where I was standing the reverse part of the bend looked 'comfortable'. I reckon that there is more in the tank.

After watching Dave work with the bars for many months now, I finally decided to give it a go tonight and managed to bend a grade 5 reverse and kink a grade 8 to 29 degrees. Grade 5 seemed to melt but the grade was a different story :blush. I am pretty pleased about this as I haven't done any bending for what seems like years. I am going to stick with this for a while as I am hoping that hammering the wrist, through bending, will help me overcome the weakness I still have from when I broke my left wrist - we shall see!

Yep, as Jim says the grade 5 was no probs, and I tell you Jim the grade 8 will be there in a couple of weeks. Some workload next week.

I put your bend on my site.

David