Online Reverse Bending Challenge?

David Horne

I could not wait for Friday for my next bending workout, so I went on a bender today.

Here is video of the 60d

Here is video of my new PR it's a 1/4 x 6" Grade 5

Not a bad workout.

Nice bending Gazza :mosher

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Stew,

I'll put your bend on my list. Well done!

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/bending.html

William,

There is a time limit of 30 secs for reverse bending. It certainly looked like you had over the 45 degrees bend by 30 secs, but of course I can't be sure. Anyway, you'll easy get another one to 45 degrees, or even better a 5.5" G5. Rules are in the above link.

David

Yes, I almost got the impression that he was going after a 90 degree kink. At the end the hands went below the waist line.

William,

There is a time limit of 30 secs for reverse bending. It certainly looked like you had over the 45 degrees bend by 30 secs, but of course I can't be sure. Anyway, you'll easy get another one to 45 degrees, or even better a 5.5" G5. Rules are in the above link.

David

William,

David

Thanks David, I was unaware of the time limits. I will review the rules and give it a go my next workout. I was trying to bend everything to 90 degrees man 45 sure sounds a lot easier :tongue

William,

David

Thanks David, I was unaware of the time limits. I will review the rules and give it a go my next workout. I was trying to bend everything to 90 degrees man 45 sure sounds a lot easier :tongue

Even more so when you get to the shorter stuff. ;)

26 Jan 07

Finally some bending strength back.

Still can't do any pressing, but the Schwinn Airdyne bike using arms only each day is helping my shoulder strength and flexibilty greatly. Of course also the rehab exercises.

1. Bent a 230k Challenge bar to 80 degrees.

2. Bent a Grade 8 x 6" bolt to 63 degrees.

Very pleased, best since the surgery by far.

Other grip and bending machine to finish.

David

David

I think a couple of months you will be putting a red away just tape some 1/8" and then 3/16"crs bars to the g8s and you will get there so the same with the 1/4"squire steel.

26 Jan 07

Finally some bending strength back.

Still can't do any pressing, but the Schwinn Airdyne bike using arms only each day is helping my shoulder strength and flexibilty greatly. Of course also the rehab exercises.

1. Bent a 230k Challenge bar to 80 degrees.

2. Bent a Grade 8 x 6" bolt to 63 degrees.

Very pleased, best since the surgery by far.

Other grip and bending machine to finish.

David

Wow! You're making great progress in short order. Good news!

28 Jan 07

Felt strong today, and also having less pain with the shoulder daily and hence more confidence that it won't blow on me. Course my physio would probably have a heart attack if she knew what I was doing. But hell I'm doing all her rehab stuff! :tongue

Anyway, did a lot of pinch, grippers and stuff early. But was a bit pissed off tonight so decided to vent my anger on some steel from John Beatty.

1. Bent a FBBC 7" Bastard bar to 17 degrees.

Was very pleased with this, and feel if I'd had confidence to go through the pain I may have got it.

I think all the work I was doing one handed really strengthened my right hand, and maybe even kept the left from withering away. Also did some crazy stuff earlier in the day as well - but that was pinching!

Bending machine to finish.

David

David, the Bastard should be yours any day!

Yep its got your name on it go get it :rock

The Horne and Hadland familly are really knocking out some great bends Ladies,Gents,Sons etc great work :rock

29 Jan 07

Wanted to have another go at the 7" bastard bar. Just had to be brave!

1. Bent a FBBC 7" Bastard bar to 45 degrees.

The video will be shown to John for his certs.

I'm so pleased I did that One Hand Bending after my shoulder surgery, because I actually feel stronger in my right hand, and when my left arm/shoulder strengthens up I should be damaging some serious steel.

All for now, from a happy,

David

Edited by davidhorne

29 Jan 07

Wanted to have another go at the 7" bastard bar. Just had to be brave!

1. Bent a FBBC 7" Bastard bar to 45 degrees.

The video will be shown to John for his certs.

I'm so pleased I did that One Hand Bending after my shoulder surgery, because I actually feel stronger in my right hand, and when my left arm/shoulder strengthens up I should be damaging some serious steel.

All for now, from a happy,

David

:bow:mosher

HA!

Do you remember David?

I ask you feew weeks ago in the chat 2gether with Franky if its possible to bend it in Reverse style!

VERY WELL DONE!!!! :mosher

:mosher That is just sick and wrong...and that's a compliment. Congrats on a well earned goal. Once again I hear the steel screaming :help I'm sure that has to be very rewarding. Congrats again. Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish in the next few months. "All things are possible to him that believes."

Awesome job David :rock

Very Nice David!!!! Can't wait to see what you can do uninjured!!! Almost scary! Congrats :rock