Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Eric,

Nice work on the hex. I have a 5/16"X7" and am itching to get some bending on it. I am trying to focus my training with IM pads. I call IM yesterday and it looks like Deaner and I have a judge being lined up. So I need to focus on IM pads for now.

-Sean

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do anything about the callouses on your finger pads? Mine are starting to become a big problem. When I bend then shift when they grab on the chalk and slump to one side of my finger painfully on both index fingers and the inside knuckles of my middle fingers. :blush

I bought a pumice stone to try and file them down but nothing. Just bought some $1 emory boards and am going to file them a bit to see if that helps. Next step will be one of those bladed callous removers. And if all else fails I'll just have a bending session until they all come off.

Ron, I guess I'm lucky, because mine pretty much take care of themselves. Every once in a while I'll pick off a little piece of dead skin, but that's about it. By the way, my forefingers are basically deformed from bending. They have big masses of hard skin on the sides where they contact the bar.

Ron, I guess I'm lucky, because mine pretty much take care of themselves.  Every once in a while I'll pick off a little piece of dead skin, but that's about it.  By the way, my forefingers are basically deformed from bending.  They have big masses of hard skin on the sides where they contact the bar.

yea on the sides is where I have them built up to. I thought it was just toughened skin until the whole thing ripped off last week, lol. Just filed the index fingers for about 20 min with an emory board and think I have blisters waaay down underneath. Hopefully consistant filing will bring them up and out.

yea on the sides is where I have them built up to. I thought it was just toughened skin until the whole thing ripped off last week, lol. Just filed the index fingers for about 20 min with an emory board and think I have blisters waaay down underneath. Hopefully consistant filing will bring them up and out.

i just had the same problem last week. the pads pushed my index callouses over so bad. later that night i was trimming my callouses and when i did the indexes i noticed i had blisters underneath, so tender. they are pretty much healed except my left one dried out and cracked and the crack isnt healing that well.

i think if u trim them well before they build up you can stop it from happening.

i just had the same problem last week. the pads pushed my index callouses over so bad. later that night i was trimming my callouses and when i did the indexes i noticed i had blisters underneath, so tender.  they are pretty much healed except my left one dried out and cracked and the crack isnt healing that well.

i think if u trim them well before they build up you can stop it from happening.

how are you trimming them? I just started basically taking an emory board and sanding nonstop until pain tolerance. Then wait awhile and go at it again. I figure that'll bring the blisters up and out?

how are you trimming them? I just started basically taking an emory board and sanding nonstop until pain tolerance. Then wait awhile and go at it again. I figure that'll bring the blisters up and out?

i just take a pair of nail clippers to them :) when i think they are getting bad.

today i got numbness on the top of my left index that hasnt gone away yet or died down and a fluid bubble in my right palm.

the numbness feels like i got 1 of them pain killer shots the dentist gives you its really weird.

bending does weird things to the hands :D

Sorry it has been a while, Wrestling tourney this weekend but I managed to bend:

(2) 60d nails

(2) Grade 5s

(4) Grade 8s

(1) IM Red

(4) Steel Works 5/16" X6.5"

I was doing this and trying to switch each time between leather and IM pads. My IM pads need to be softer. they are still really stiff and do not roll like leather and after I finished this session I am feeling some pinching and binding in my left AC joint. BULLSHIT!!!!!! I will be fine, nothing ice and time can not heal. :D

-Sean

Oh, and I chew the calluses off never an emory board and you should be ashamed for knowing what one is, damn saying that means I know what one is, damn that logic!

12-18-05

- a grade 9 bolt

... thought I'd go for a "little" volume tonight. Greg sent me some 9s since I've never come across one before. That's a lot of steel in a little bolt.

It's official. I'm healed up. I was able to bench 225 for 12 reps with no ouch. That's right bolts and bars, ya'll better be skeered!

And Sean, nice workout. Now it's time to focus and acquire Huge Bastard status! :rock

Great news Eric!!

How did the G9 feel compared to a Red to you?

I know I should not have been bending today but I had to, I have been crushing and twisting my IM pads all day just to get them to soften up and I had to try them out.

(1) Grade 5 6" with the head cut off

(1) Grade 8 6" felt great

(1) Grade 8 5.5" this one I started to feel the shoulder again and only kinked it then decided to stop.

All of the above bends are with IM pads. I think I am getting them to the point were they roll well and I do not slip around on them. However I have bent all my Reds and am saving my FBBC stock for further Bastard certs. I will go to the hardware store tomorrow and get some more 5/16" stock.

-Sean

I have a few pounds of 5/16" timber ties if you want some, I'd say they are about red level, some have been harder, but most are equal or a little less.

Great news Eric!!

How did the G9 feel compared to a Red to you?

I think Greg's assessment is right. They're a bit easier than the Red on the kink, and a bit tougher on the crushdown, especially if you bend the Red quickly. By bending a Red quickly it, of course, gets "hot" and becomes easier than it would have been had you bent it slowly. The graded bolts are much less influenced by the speed of the bend.

Sean, what's your immediate bending goal?

I have a few pounds of 5/16" timber ties if you want some, I'd say they are about red level, some have been harder, but most are equal or a little less.

I will come by tomorrow and get some from you and give you your camera and the little one's sippy cup.

Sean, what's your immediate bending goal?

Right now I am looking at certing on the Red nail in January after the holidays. Deaner and I both want to cert on the same day, dual Alaska titles...Then maybe while training up for that hit the HUGE BASTARD list. I already have the Big Bastard video done and John said it was good. He is just a busy guy so it has yet to be posted. After that I think I will be bending off and on every two week and then climbing the Mash Monster ladder. I miss my crush almost as much as it misses me. :rolleyes Why do you ask Eric, should I be doing something different? I am buying a 2" crusher from FBBC for my Christmas gift to me this year so I look forward to getting good at that too.

-Sean

Was actually gonna get on here to say I was taking a break until Xmas because my form and hands are to shit. Decided I'd double check, good thing I did

(2) - 60D's

(1) - 6.5" x 5/16" FBBC

(1) - 6" X 5/16" FBBC

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=3670

My technique is back! Although my index finger is still numb definately a good day

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Although my index finger is still numb definately a good day

:rock  :rock  :rock  :rock

damn nice bending dude. made them look really easy.

was the half bent 1 a 5.5?

you have a numb index too? same here i think i did some nerve damage to my left index.

Thanks guys. Yea porky I felt a little ballsy and tried the 5.5 for a little bit. I think I couldve gotten more of it but kinda gave up cause I was so happy I got the 6". Soon I'll give it a full go!

Ron,

Looks good man but you definitley need a new camera man! Just kidding man, glad you checked out how you were doing. Nice work.

-Sean

lol, I had to reduce the vid from 22mb to 6mb for the board. Digi camera gets crappy after that. Gonna try to upload it to putfile later so Eric can see.

here's the putfile link for Eric since his puter doesnt like GB videos,lol

http://media.putfile.com/FBBC-Cert

Ron, for some strange reason my puter likes your particular video posted as is on the board, but thanks for thinking about me. What can I say. You are THE man! Truly impressive show of strength!

Will this be certed by John Beatty? I ask so I know how to classify that bend on the top fifty list. Wow, you're not only climbing up high on the list, you may have just won this dang race!!! I say even if it isn't an official FBBC cert, you still win!