Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Ron,

The FBBC stock was tough and I just cut down two of the 7" and did not even try them tonight. I would say this however, if the FBBC stock is only 5% harder than an IM Red then boy a 6" Red seems real close to a 7" FBBC bar. But it is probably me. After watching the video you may think that I know nothing about bending because my form is horrible and all I seem to be good at is punching myself in the face, you can not even make out that I actually have a crappy beard right now!

-Sean

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy smokes Sean! Finally someone is giving Ron some competition.

Maybe your not so much of a girl anymore ;) haha

I am not a bastard like Sean but just a certfied little girl.

Did a little bending tonight and everything was hurting. I hate to friggin complain!! I am taking a break for a while. My grip has been for shit this past three weeks and I think I am burned. I don't understand because my lifts have been going good. It could be overtraining. All I know is I need to rest and see if I can get back to feeling like the bars will melt in my hands. All first I thought I needed to suck it up but I know I need some time off and I will come back stronger.

I can't wait to see what all of you do. Keep it rolling! I'll be back to hunt you down.

First of all Mike nothing has been certified yet, Jason and I still need John Beatty's stamp of approval but I will say you can be a certified girl if I can have my crappy "power" beard certified!!!!!!!

-Sean

Here is a crappy copy of the 6" Red video. Wannagrip has the higher quality versions. I apologize but if I upload it I had to shrink the size to 2mb and Wannagrip was e-mailed the larger 10mb files tonight. I am sure he will get them done tomorrow. It is 10:15 pm here in Alaska. Who knows what time it is where he sleeps. Thanks again Bill.

6" IM Red

-Sean

Damn it guys! I'm suppose to be going to bed right now! Hold me back! Chain the garage door shut!

Wow! You guys rule! Awesome bending!

12-5

crs w/ IM pads

1- 5/16 x 6.5

1- 5/16 x 6

1- 5/16 x 5.5 failed at 90

1- 5/16 x 5.5 failed 2 hours later. Got it to 2 1/8. My thumb ball feels like its going to blow up lol. Fought that thing for awhile but thumb said "Please stop, I'm dyin here". Think I might put a little snippet of leather in the IM pads, maybe a 2" x 4" little piece to pad some more bcause I think thats what its from.

Think I might take a small break, gotta a grip comp this weekend. Ordering some FBBC stuff hopefully soon to try out.

12-5

crs w/ IM pads

1- 5/16 x 6.5

1- 5/16 x 6

1- 5/16 x 5.5 failed at 90

1- 5/16 x 5.5 failed 2 hours later. Got it to 2 1/8. My thumb ball feels like its going to blow up lol. Fought that thing for awhile but thumb said "Please stop, I'm dyin here". Think I might put a little snippet of leather in the IM pads, maybe a 2" x 4" little piece to pad some more bcause I think thats what its from.

Think I might take a small break, gotta a grip comp this weekend. Ordering some FBBC stuff hopefully soon to try out.

Rock on Ron, I think when that FBBC stock gets in you will smash through it!

-Sean

thats what i do with my im pads too ronny boy. a small piece of leather 2-3''s. helps the im pads last longer and pads hands quite a bit. wrapping is a bit more difficult tho. i find.

you all are doing some crazy bending

Edited by porky

I'm gonna wait till the holes get past the middle before I start thinking about getting rid of my IM pads for new ones. They take a awhile to break in and plus these ones are lucky :D Hopefully the leather will stop this water in my thumb crap because I woke up this morning and my right hand looks like one of those old fashioned baseball gloves. More cushion for the pushin they say, haha.

Took some chalk off them for the pic so they look all nice and pretty

My Babies

Sweet Pads Ron, you were not kiding when you said they were broken in and faded baby blue!

-Sean

Not yet man, But we will try again shortly, today if not sooner! :D

-Sean

They made it sound like just a few days to get set up and we'd just have to set up a time and place. Oh well, we've got a few more weeks til 2006.

Men, just so ya'll don't think I've vanished from Bendland, I'm gonna be laying low for a week or two (hopefully no longer) so I can try and get healed up. I tried bending again last night only to meet with frustration and PAIN. I shall return! :) And I intend to gain about 30 pounds for an upcoming deadlift meet, so it will be interesting to see how this affects my bending.

In the meantime, I'm here supporting you maniacs! :rock

Men, just so ya'll don't think I've vanished from Bendland, I'm gonna be laying low for a week or two (hopefully no longer) so I can try and get healed up.  I tried bending again last night only to meet with frustration and PAIN.  I shall return! :)  And I intend to gain about 30 pounds for an upcoming deadlift meet, so it will be interesting to see how this affects my bending.

In the meantime, I'm here supporting you maniacs!  :rock

30 pounds :ohmy

I just saw that you are going to go for 666 :inno

How much do you weigh now? How much are you pulling now?

Good luck! How do you plan on putting on all that weight?

Men, just so ya'll don't think I've vanished from Bendland, I'm gonna be laying low for a week or two (hopefully no longer) so I can try and get healed up.  I tried bending again last night only to meet with frustration and PAIN.  I shall return! :)  And I intend to gain about 30 pounds for an upcoming deadlift meet, so it will be interesting to see how this affects my bending.

In the meantime, I'm here supporting you maniacs!  :rock

30 pounds :ohmy

I just saw that you are going to go for 666 :inno

How much do you weigh now? How much are you pulling now?

Good luck! How do you plan on putting on all that weight?

30lbs hmm... Eric could always put a bunch of 5/16" Grade 5s in your pockets...lol, or lots of Reds. :laugh good luck man.

-Sean

:laugh

Yes, a bunch of grd 5s, or, a gallon of skim milk a day!

I'm weighing in the low 190s right now, and haven't been pulling seriously. At this second I would be hard pressed to pull much over 575, but I'll make quick gains.

I'm weighing in the low 190s right now, and haven't been pulling seriously.  At this second I would be hard pressed to pull much over 575, but I'll make quick gains.

Eric,

When I went to wrestle at college I gained 40lbs by eating one pound of red meat and a gallon of milk each day. I got up to 235lbs. Which at that time I was still kind of strong, 4 sets of 10 hammers with the 70lb DBs and running a 5:37 minute mile, puking but still made the time. In fact I listened to Static X's "Push It" it recorded back to back and it was 5:30 So if I was on the back corner on the last chorus then I was in good shape for a decent time.

-Sean

I'm weighing in the low 190s right now, and haven't been pulling seriously.  At this second I would be hard pressed to pull much over 575, but I'll make quick gains.

Eric,

When I went to wrestle at college I gained 40lbs by eating one pound of red meat and a gallon of milk each day. I got up to 235lbs. Which at that time I was still kind of strong, 4 sets of 10 hammers with the 70lb DBs and running a 5:37 minute mile, puking but still made the time. In fact I listened to Static X's "Push It" it recorded back to back and it was 5:30 So if I was on the back corner on the last chorus then I was in good shape for a decent time.

-Sean

Sean, that's truly impressive to run a mile that quickly at such a heavy bodyweight. Back in junior high I used to run the mile and 10K races. My best mile time in seventh grade was 5:20, but I weighed a woppin' 90 pounds or so. And oh, I'm stuffin' my face with chicken as I type.

Sean-

235 and a 5:30 mile. That is ridiculous!@!!

At 205 I ran my best mile at 5:40. No way in hell I could do it at 235. Coming from one of the heavier guys that had to do endless conditioning (lacrosse), that is really impressive.

Eric- what is the most you have ever weighed?

Mike, I butterballed up to 228 just prior to competing at 220, back in the early '90s.

Guys,

I would never recommend it again. My joints hurt and my heart felt like it was going to explode everytime we ran a timed mile which was every monday morning. "Okay guys, eight hard laps around the indoor track is no problem, lighter weights in the front, and put the trash can by the finish line for Prince, okay, go!" -Head coach Duane Goldman Indiana University just about every Monday. I felt a lot better after I blew my shoulder the first time and cut down to 197lb weight class. I did not puke so much.

Now I just call those days "times best remembered not relived..."

-Sean

T.P.S contest tommorrow for me. Haven't really done much gripping being so into bending lately so hopefully i can hang in there. After the comp I'll be going all out bending :)

Good Luck Ron- I sure that you will do well. If there is a bending event, you will do very well!

Did a small amount of bending. Did this all DO (taking a brake on the wrists), this was all PRs considering that I don't really ever do DO.

grade 5 5.5"

few TT, 1/4", grade 2s

5/16 all thread

1/4 Square FBBC 6.5" :D

I am going to stick with DU but also try to get better with the DO. Inspired by Sean and Eric- My eventual goal is to bend a RED and beyond with two or three different ways. Maybe old terminator style (this is how I first started bending).

Edited by carusom1