Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Been in some pain the past week, thought it was a cold or something but have been told by a doc otherwise. They said I may have either acid reflux or a hiatal (sp?) hernia. I know docs are about as consistent as a bb gun with bent sights so I'm waiting to see if it goes away before going back. Feels like a knife in my chest everytime I eat/swallow and I keel over, lol. You guys ever have any of these? 21 is a little young to be having either so I think they're wrong. :blink

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in some pain the past week, thought it was a cold or something but have been told by a doc otherwise. They said I may have either acid reflux or a hiatal (sp?) hernia. I know docs are about as consistent as a bb gun with bent sights so I'm waiting to see if it goes away before going back. Feels like a knife in my chest everytime I eat/swallow and I keel over, lol. You guys ever have any of these? 21 is a little young to be having either so I think they're wrong. :blink

Ron,

Has anyone bent you over their knee and burped you in a while? That might do it you know. If not rest assured that there is a wonder pill that will cure your symptoms in exchange for some explosive diarrhea and dizziness. So you have that going for you.

-Sean

12-26-05

- 5/16x7.25" CRS

- 5/16x6" hex

- 5/16x6" hex (to just past acute)

- Edgin (to just past acute)

My grip strength in general felt a little off today. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to a bad day.

Not at all pleased with today's performance:

-(4) 5/16"X7" CRS

I was unable to do any of these with my Iron Mind Pads! :angry: I am feeling a sharp pain at my on my pointer finger bone where the bar rests. It feels like a shooting pain like when you push on a stress fracture. :cry Or your pussy, what ever. I had to modify my style to get the four bends keeping the pointers out in front and bending over my middle fingers.

I think I need more volume again to toughen up. I need a box of Grade 8s and just hit reps with the IM Pads until my vaginitus subsided.

Eric, Great job on the Hex stock. I still have only wobbled my piece of 5/16"X7" Hex stock. It seems to be a beast. Much like the Reds used to feel.

-Sean

yea that 7" hex is tough. I tried it half assed and put a curve in it, bout it.

Soilworker stopped by my place today and he and I vid taped the MM0 cert so we can begin the climb of the MM ladder, hopefully.

Almost out of my box of 60ds. Hoping to convince the old man to put in $ for a full box of 60ds, G5s, and G8s. May venture to Home Depot in search of odd ball items to bend. Would like to bend a G2 3/8" piece, but will be looking for anything cool to bend.

Edited by Dude

A portion of my success with the hex has come down to good ol' pain tolerance. Gripping the bar just a little bit tighter than 100% helps alleviate the pain. Sean, try focusing on a super tight grip next time you use the IM pads, and see if it doesn't help.

I bent a few 60Ds today and then tried a G2 3/8 x6" which didnt move much except maybe the faintest wobble. Was disappointed because these are supposed to be red-ish I thought.

When I go for an easy bend my form is perfect, such as 60ds, the nail just folds. Yet when I go for something big my form changes. My indexes fling out to the middle of the bar and the bend goes on. I have hit most of my big bends with this style but it literally rips my fingers apart. I think its like an innate response from weakness.

Do you guys ever find your hands adjusting more for harder bends or do you stay in the same form no matter what? I'm talking mostly about the kink and sweep. Its almost like I dont use the indexes and bend the nail with my last 3 fingers over the indexes. Figure this would be a good time to correct a bad habit cause I'll be buying a box of 60ds again soon and trying small volume workouts

I bent a few 60Ds today and then tried a G2 3/8 x6" which didnt move much except maybe the faintest wobble. Was disappointed because these are supposed to be red-ish I thought.

When I go for an easy bend my form is perfect, such as 60ds, the nail just folds. Yet when I go for something big my form changes. My indexes fling out to the middle of the bar and the bend goes on. I have hit most of my big bends with this style but it literally rips my fingers apart. I think its like an innate response from weakness.

Do you guys ever find your hands adjusting more for harder bends or do you stay in the same form no matter what? I'm talking mostly about the kink and sweep. Its almost like I dont use the indexes and bend the nail with my last 3 fingers over the indexes. Figure this would be a good time to correct a bad habit cause I'll be buying a box of 60ds again soon and trying small volume workouts

Ron,

My form changes when I have a lot of pain (weakness in my mind) from the bends and find myself doing exactly what you described. My style shifts and I do not feel as strong. I am also going to hit some volume. I ordered a box of 50 grade 8s and plan on hitting a ton of 60ds. The 50lb box I bought is still in my classroom at school so I have to get it Monday. I hope you shake the disappointment man, seems we are all in a slump right now. Would someone break some PRs so I can motivate my bitch ass again.

-Sean

I know I haven't been very active on this log, but I gotta bow out of the race to the 4" bastard. I have to save my shitty shoulder for highland games, hopefully it will rehab good enough to actually lift heavy again. Ever since switching to DO my rotator has gone from bad to worse. Its time to put up some scary deadlift numbers.. Look out 500! Hey Sean, this year you gotta enter the farmers walk at the games, I need a reason to bust my ass, cuz I don't need the fact that I'm gonna smoke everyone else slowing me down.

thank god the left one is gone. Its been killing my bending form. Just gotta get the one off the right index now. Form is slightly improving I think.

1-1-06

(71) 60ds (galvanized)

http://usera.imagecave.com/vermont/Grip/IMG_0040.jpg

P.S - Yes that is a broken lamp that I repaired with nitro tech protein jug and 3/4 of a bud light can, :)

Edited by Dude

thank god the left one is gone. Its been killing my bending form. Just gotta get the one off the right index now.

you were trying to get your callouses off or something? if so thats a good callous removal technique :)

my indexes are still gay, i cant bend a blue with ironmind pads. i need to rest and then hit the volume myself to condition these fingers.

1-02-2006

Jason and I had a great workout today. Here's what I did:

- 5/16x7.25" CRS

- 5/16x6" CRS

- certed on a Huge Hexabastard (went down quick and felt easy... about time!)

- failed to cert on an Edgin ( went well past 90 super fast, but got stubborn on me, and time ran out, BUT, I still feel good about the effort since the first 100 degrees were a cinch)

- 5/16x6" grade 2 bolt (Red nailish in strength)

- not even close on a 4.5" grade 8 (I'm a bit rusty on the real short stuff)

- Red Nail (just for fun)

- 1/4x6" grade 5 reverse grip style (again, just for fun)

Great Workout Eric! Congrats on the Huge Hexabastard certification you are back to your old self. Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum and I see you are all out of bubble gum. :rock

Hit it again:

(7) 60d a mix of IM Pads and 4.5"X4.5" leather wraps

(2) 5/16"X7" CRS IM Pads

(1) FBBC 5/16" Bastard a renagade tough bastard!

(1) 3/8"X7" Alluminium piece for fun

And finished with a wobbled 5.5" Grade 8 in IM Pads, ouch it hurt to wobble.

Thinking I am hitting it it hard again this week, maybe this Sunday.

-Sean

Thanks, Gazza! And hey, don't be shy about posting your workouts in this thread!

Eric

My bending has gone down the toilet at the mo i need to rest and come back stronger my index fingers are realy feeling it.

Gary,

if you think you feel your indexes, try the IM Pads. :tongue

New callous is growing back strong. I'm in the process off scheduling another cert attempt for the #3. Then directly following that will be doing the MM1 cert hopefully the week after. Hoping to nail both those and then will be hitting bending again hard I think depending on how the hands hold up :)

1-08-2006

- 5/16 x 7.25" CRS

Then I worked with pre-bent Edgins of various angles (they weren't necessarily bent in this order):

- finished one from 100 degrees

- finished one from 90 degrees

- took one from 90 to 80 degrees

- took one from 100 to 3/16" of completion (this one was much off center)

- wrapped it up with a 7" hexy

I felt strong today. I think I've mastered the various sticking points I've encountered with these Edgins. Now it's just a matter of having the stamina to take the bolt to completion within two minutes. Of course simply getting stronger in general will make up for lack of stamina! Next time I have a witness over I should be ready.