Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would you rate that bolt?

Between a magnificent and a grand?

Exactly. And definitely more challenging than the Huge Hexabastard, as the bolt doesn't "soften up" while you're bending it. I feel totally trashed from the waist up after dukin' it out with one of the Edgins.

Thanks for the support, guys!

Eric, Great job with the Edgins!

I had a great bending day today. I attribute this to my wife's input and her ability as an athlete and just pushing me in my pursuit. She really encourages me even though she jokes around calling the handstrength stuff "Dorking out" I think she is pround of me. (stop man, I can bend through the tears.) So yes that is about as sappy as this race needs to get. Anyway, bit of a bird walk this is what I accomplished today:

(2) Grade 5s at 6" IM Pads

(7) IM Reds with Leather 3/4" when rolled around a Red

(3) IM Reds with IM Pads

Total of (10) Reds NEW PR!

All the Reds were bent in succession and with to more than two minutes between bends. The Bends went quick and I think I have really gotten my form to where I want it. The bends went fast averaging 15-20 seconds from start to finish. I am happy.

-Sean

Sean and Eric

Great work you guys!

keep it up

1-16-06

(2) - 60ds

(1) - 5/16x 6 3/8 (odd ball piece) CRS

(1) - Broke 1 60d

I forgot my freaking IM pads in VT, gonna have to wait for the gf to bring them down in a week or so, had to use thin suede tonight. Callouses are killing me :( They're not really healed up well so I guess I shouldnt be pushing it to much until they do, but damn it takes forever for these things to heal, if they're ever gonna.

Breaking nails is fun as hell. That was the first nail I've ever broken. I'm gonna try a few more tonight and work on the technique. Kinda waiting for the tug and snap that sends me flying out of my chair onto the floor. I brace them on my upper thigh to pull them apart so its kinda cheating I guess but fun and go a good workout.

Sean, that's quite a display of strength and endurance with all those Reds! I'm gonna have to try something like that one of these days.

Nice work on the 60D break, Ron!

Beware: As nail heats and snaps the broken end will come across and cut through your t-shirt into your stomach leaving a gash like you've just had a male c section. Not that an experienced gent like I would do that, just saying.....be careful. :whistel

I thought that might be a danger, but I thought everyone did it so I must be doing it right...

Do the IM pads ever rip off the ends of the nail and the nail whacks you in the neck? I haven't done this but it feels like it might sometimes.

Thank you guys for the encouragement about the Red bends. I have a big hole in my middle finger from a blister that tore off from the IM Pads but I could not resist bending that many. I just got my shipment form FBBC and Iron Mind and now my bending bucket is full and just decided to get some volume while watching the Steelers/Colts game.

Looking forward to hitting some more volume this week and then trying to cert on the HUGE Bastard real soon. Then hopefully cert on the Red Nail IM list if a witness can get squared away. Then back to some DU stuff and grippers and then wrestling season will be over and I can get back on track with my lifting and hiking/snowboarding...it seems endless.

-Sean

I got a red in leather and 3 6"x5/16" timber ties today, babying one side results in off center bends though. I'll be ready Sean. 3/4" leather can't be any better than IM pads, I measured my roll today at 1 5/8ths. The conversation about the IM cert has me really wanting to push the bending. I am ready to get working on some non DO goals, I'd like to try and get a 60d behind the back while doing a neck bridge, could only kink a 60d timber tie. Anyone try it? Its tough.

Deaner, yes, a 3/4" piece of leather is probably even tougher than the IM pads. Nice work!

I've tried a 60D behind the back and couldn't do squat.

1-18-06

(5) - 60ds

(1) - 6.5" x 5/16 CRS

My buddy brought back the brand new IM pads I had given him a few months ago so I spent a while breaking those in yesterday. They feel good although they're gonna need a few good workouts to break them in. Immediately got some really bad pain in the back of my right hand for some reason so I stopped the workout, I've got the MM1 cert coming up and I hope it heals ASAP. :blink

Ron, good luck with the cert. I still don't understand all the trouble that you are having with the callauses?. Can you shave them down or tape them up? I brace the tougher nails when brakeing them. It is a killer to try to do some of the tougher stock unbraced.

Eric- I got some spikes for Christmas. If I remember correctly, do you really bend it over your shin? I tried to bend it over my hip flexor and thigh. Sorry to say that I was way too much of a Sally on this and couldn't take the pain, only got it kinked.

Ron, good luck with the cert. I still don't understand all the trouble that you are having with the callauses?. Can you shave them down or tape them up? I brace the tougher nails when brakeing them. It is a killer to try to do some of the tougher stock unbraced.

Yea everytime I bend the skin on the indexes slumps toward the rest of the fingers. Hurts like hell, but I think its from bad technique because when I've hit PRs with good technique my callouses don't slide/rip, which is far few in between. Hope to be back on track. Want to try a few spikes soon too, because horseshoes aren't happening for me.

Yes, Mike, I stand on one leg and bend it over the opposite shin, with a bit of leather to pad my tibia. This technique provides great leverage. You can really get your whole back into it.

Yes, Mike, I stand on one leg and bend it over the opposite shin, with a bit of leather to pad my tibia. This technique provides great leverage. You can really get your whole back into it.

First of all :rock

second, just so I have it clear, you are standing up straight? I thing that is right.

what is the biggest spike that you have bent?

second, just so I have it clear, you are standing up straight? I thing that is right.

Yes, I basically stand upright, though I do lean forward to reach the nail. My best is a 3/8 x 9.25" galvanized spike. I've done a Fat Bastard spike cut to 10.5".

1-19-2006

- 3/8 x 7" grd 2 bolt (the shaft is 1/32" narrower than the threaded portion 3/8" threaded portion)

- 5/16 x 5" grd 2 bolt

- 3/8 x 7" grd 2 bolt

- Edgin

- Huge Hexabastard

Damn Eric! That is some big steel you are moving around. :bow Damn.

-Sean

Yes, I basically stand upright, though I do lean forward to reach the nail. My best is a 3/8 x 9.25" galvanized spike. I've done a Fat Bastard spike cut to 10.5".

1-19-2006

- 3/8 x 7" grd 2 bolt (the shaft is 1/32" narrower than the threaded portion 3/8" threaded portion)

- 5/16 x 5" grd 2 bolt

- 3/8 x 7" grd 2 bolt

- Edgin

- Huge Hexabastard

:rock:mosher

That is an insane workout. Heck ya.

Did you get the Edgin under 2 min.?

How would you rate the grd 2 3/8s?

Whats next, a 5/16 grade 8??? = Sick Nasty!

Thanks, guys!

Nope, a sub two minute Edgin still edudes me. I know I keep saying this, but these things do not ease up at any point during the bend. Imagine bending a bolt that feels like your sticking point through the entire range of motion! I would say for me to get one under two minutes would be comparable to doing about five 5/16 x 7" hex bars in the same amount of time. But I'm gonna keep on pluggin' away!

The 3/8" grade 2s I bent were a bit tougher than a Red. I forgot to mention, but I tried a different brand of 3/8" grd 2 (actual thickness) that was a brick. It barely wobbled.

I'm starting to wonder if I won't be able to do a 6.5" Edgin in fifteen minutes before I conquer the 7" variety in two minutes. :ohmy

1-19-2006

- 5/16 x 5" grd 2 bolt

- 3/8 x 7" grd 2 bolt

- Edgin

- Huge Hexabastard

just unreal, your the man :bow