• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the weight gain coming Eric? Have you still noticed the strength increase to weight gain issue? Nice work bending man. I am going to the garage right now. Recent posts have me fired up, Ron, you understand.

-Sean

1-8-06

2 60d nails IM Pads

1 5" G8 Leather

2 6" 5/16" CRS DO

-Sean

Well done Eric.

Do you try to cert anytime soon?

I know it is a race to Grand Bastard but what the hell, all the DU world class got me thinking it was time to work back into it. So in addition to my previous workout I did the following:

(20) 60d nails Double Underhand

Some mixed levering while riding my stationary bike for an hour.

Thanks for the encouragement Ron, you have been a HUGE motivation (pun intended).

-Sean

Thanks Gazza. You need to post your work outs man so I can stay motivated. Really man lets see them man, I know you have been hiting it hard!

-Sean

Eric,

Let me know when you are ready to cert. I'll make my way down there.

My shoulders and elbows are hurting again, so its time for ANOTHER lay off. :angry:

I tried bending today and my left hand is killing me, like when I was at your house. I think I'm just going to stack up the injuries and then go to the Orthopedic surgeon to find out what my malfunction is. I hate to go to the doctor and find out I can't compete at the contest. :angry:

I will be a Bastard, no matter what happens!!! :devil

Enough of my whining.

One good thing is that I shut a Super Master. :rock

\\m//

Thanks for the support, guys!

Sean, you are bangin' on the door. Break it down!

Yep, the weight gain is really giving my bending a boost. Initially it did give my grip in general a boost, but that seems to have leveled out. Interesting. I'm up around 210 now. In October I was still weighing about 188.

Franky, I missed a cert attempt last week, due to time running out.

Jason, nice work on the SM! But I am sorry to hear about the injury situation. I would strongly recommend some rest, followed by the initiation of a regularly scheduled weightlifting program. Heavy bending without a strong base is a recipe for disaster. And thanks for the offer. Maybe we can get together again in January.

Gazza, we must all post the good, the bad, and the ugly. It's part of the agreement. :) I've noticed that when I realise I have to go public with my workouts, it gives me a little extra ooomph!

Well....... I'm fed up and pissed off. And it takes alot for me to get that way.

I'm going to an Orthopedic surgeon next Monday. I got next to no sleep today because of the pain in my shoulders.

I tried to do a Tricep workout yesterday. I picked up a 10lb. dumbbell and held it down at my side, it felt like my elbow and shoulder were being pulled out of socket, excruciating pain. Needless to say, there was no workout.

I killed a Grade9 and a FBBC square 7"x1/4" 8 days ago......I can barely bend a FBBC round 7"x1/4" now!!!

I spent a large sum of money on eq. the past 2 months and now I just get to look at it.

Now I'm really pissed.

My future is looking dim with any training, but we'll see what the doc says.

Ok, I'm in pain just typing this.

Sorry for the whining, but I needed to let off some steam.

Thanks Guys

Later

\\m//

I do know how you feel, Jason. And yes, that feeling sucks! But I know you'll make a full recovery in short order. Prayers being sent out from Ft. Worth. Keep us all posted.

Jason

Keep your chin up bro dont forget you have already accomplished some awesome bends.

i have backed off a little as i can feel the injuries getting ready to bite :cry a couple of days rest then back at it for me :D

I received my order from FBBC last night and swung into the hardware store too so I could not help it!

(2) 60d nails IM Pads

(2) 6" Grade 5s IM Pads (they said my box of grade 8s is coming this week!) and I bought all they had left of the Grade 5s

(1) 5" G5 IM Pads

(1) 5" aluminuim bolt :blink must have been in the bin when I grabbed the 5" G5s it was a shock, I was standing there thinking damn that when way too easy :blink

(1) 7" FBBC 4.25"X12" Leather just had to check this batch out, very nice FBBC is so consistant

(1) 7" FBBC Hex took it to about 40 degrees

I really like those hex bars. They have the same even feel all the way through, well as far as I have bent them. They feel like a big bolt grade 8, kink and sweep are hard and consistent. I can not wait until I can get one down.

-Sean

Have decided to rearange my bending a little and as Eric said post the good the bad and the ugly :D

I was going to rest a few days but have already rested a week from bending have been doing grip but no bending.A big callous came off of my left index finger where i bend the bars over and i ripped the new skin underneath so it was painfull to bend on(i no what a wuss :D )

since bending a red on the 13th dec 2005 and then kinking a 6"red later i have gone backwards.I feel this is both due 2 i need to just get stronger,refine my technique and get used 2 thinner wraps.

I have been doing maximum bends and no volume just attacking reds 2-3 times per day previous 2 my rest last week.I can still easilly crush prekinked reds and even harder stock but seem to be going backwards on the 7"straight reds :cry .

I have now decided to do some more volume to build my strength and technique back up,i am also useing only 3/4"thick very thin leather wraps(they were 1.5" so i have halfed them ouch)i am also going to bend DO and DU and also try a maximum bend/isometric on 7mms square crs bars to try and build strength for the initial kink.

Before

1x7"x7mms square crs bar prekinked to 90 degrees easy.

3x7"x5/16th crs bars prekinked from 30-75 degrees easy

10x60ds(english)Double underhand

10x60ds(english)Double overhand

Above useing cut down wraps which was an eye opener for my index fingers but they WILL have to get STRONGER or fall off. :D

Gazza,

Great work man. I too have decided to return to more volume to work on technique and explosiveness. I think it will be the key to unlocking the harder bends. My best bending was done after I hit volume on g5s and g8s. The way I was hitting 15 -20 G5s and 5 G8s in one session yielded three to four Reds and a 6.5" Red no problem. Hitting max effort all the time I think has its problems for me.

Great work Gazza and keep us posted.

-Sean

I was going to rest a few days but have already rested a week from bending have been doing grip but no bending.A big callous came off of my left index finger where i bend the bars over and i ripped the new skin underneath so it was painfull to bend on(i no what a wuss :D )

You must be bending over the fingers just like I am cause my callouses take a beating. Best thing is to probably get a bunch of emory boards and a pumice stone and file it your fingers down after a shower until pain tolerance says stop. If I let mine go they're guaranteed to come off. Trust me your not being a wuss, that hurts like hell everytime I do it :)

Hey guys. I just got back from Germany. Good times, good beer

Heavy activity has been going on here.

Congrats to Ron and Sean for there certs. You guys made some unbeilvable progress.

Ron wins the race. congrats buddy, you have worked hard for it

Sean- good to see that you are back to your roots of DU

Eric- looks like your deads and weight are going up. You will own the EDGIN in no time. It looks like you have made some good progress on a sick peice of steel

I did a little bending in Germany. My wrist is still hurtin so I started to bend DO. Worked up to a 5/16 7" HRS. I still don't think I am doing it correctly or effeciently. My right elbow KILLING! It still hurts. I have to lay off for the next two weeks. I have a strongman contest coming up and don't want to be injured for it (pussy). I will be back and have a lot of catching up to do. Who is the little girl now??

I am glad you guys continued to race. Good luck to everyone, along with the newcomers.

Mike,

Glad to hear you had a good trip, and glad you are back in the race. Ron has shifted it to Grand Bastard so it may be a while for the complete race to finish but what the hell we are all in this one for the long haul anyway. So welcome back and get after it.

-Sean

Glad to have ya back, Mike! Let us know how you do at your strongman contest. Is this your first?

Thanks Eric

This is my first contest. I have no idea what to expect. I have never done most of the events. It is on the 21st in Minneapolis; put on by Dave Oslund.

My elbow is feeling better, but the wrist is still hurtin. I will return to bending once the contest is over. I hate to say it but bending has never helped my pressing because my elbows are usually beat up. My brother just made his video camera available so hopefully I will be able to get some footage in a couple of weeks.

Keep it up guys, I will be coming for ya soon!!

1-13-06

- bent four 5/16" grd 2 bolts, ranging in length from 5" to 5.5"

- 5/16 x 7.25" CRS

- took down the Edgin without resting between efforts (a PR in that respect), but it still took a total of about 3 or 4 minutes

- played around with some more prebent Edgins and a mysteriously difficult feeling Grand Bastard, but could tell I was already wasted

Eric, very soon you'll get that Edgin easily.

Where would you rate that bolt?

Between a magnificent and a grand?