Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Ron, for some strange reason my puter likes your particular video posted as is on the board, but thanks for thinking about me.  What can I say.  You are THE man!  Truly impressive show of strength!

Will this be certed by John Beatty?  I ask so I know how to classify that bend on the top fifty list.  Wow, you're not only climbing up high on the list, you may have just won this dang race!!!  I say even if it isn't an official FBBC cert,  you still win!

lol glad it works Eric. I PM'd the link to John earlier so he could see it but I still have to have my buddy fill out the forms and mail that and the bent stuff in i think.

I think I'm gonna switch up and go for the Grand Bastard Cert (think thats the 5.5") as my goal for the race if everything is cleared by John B. That way I can still be in the race :)

P.S. - Should be sending some of that steel out later this week once I'm home for finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron: :bow

Thats some great bending there!

Ron, I'll need your last name for the certs.

The Grand is in the bag!

12-20-05

NEWS FLASH!!!

Gaining weight makes you stronger! I guess this answers my question as to what weight gain will do for the ol' bending.

- 5/16 x 7.25" CRS

- 6.25" hex bar (tied PR, but done in like 1/10th the time)

-6" hex bar (done in about 2 or 3 minutes)

Next time Jason comes down I'll cert as a Huge Hexabastard and most likely on a 7" big grd 5. When I get twenty pounds heavier...

Nice work all, and I am glad that the "Ringer" Ron who had recently stated he need me to bend a 6" as motivation has moved on to a race for Grand Bastard. Nice work all of you. This race has proved to be very productive and a great training motivation.

Eric,

Did you think I should be training differently? You asked what my goals were but I thought you were hinting at something :whistel make a suggestion man I am more than willing to try for something else at the same time.

-Sean

Nice work all, and I am glad that the "Ringer" Ron who had recently stated he need me to bend a 6" as motivation has moved on to a race for Grand Bastard. Nice work all of you. This race has proved to be very productive and a great training motivation.

Eric,

Did you think I should be training differently? You asked what my goals were but I thought you were hinting at something :whistel make a suggestion man I am more than willing to try for something else at the same time.

-Sean

No, no hidden meaning. I was just wondering if your first goal would be an IM cert, or perhaps straight to the Huge Bastard.

I actually made a video to post on here so you guys could tell me what the heck I was doing wrong (I'll upload it to putfile shortly to show you guys. I have progressively been moving my fingers inwards on the bar to the point they touch together when I bend. They're directly on the bar and it bends over top the bare fingers, which must be why my fingers have been mangled so badly as of late. I could probably attribute much of my hand pain to moving up so much on the bar.

I watched the video over the summer that I made of me bending a 60d and then watched the one I made last night of bending a 60d and was like "what the hell? I bend like that?" So I figured I'd copy the old video and try another 60d and it literally folded so fast I couldnt believe it. So I tried another, same thing. I had no choice but to try a new 6.5 again, I wasnt gonna since the past few after the one I did bend are slightly warped and ruined.

Wrapped it up and it went, same with the 6". The only drawback is that my index finger is still completely numb but I imagine that will go away soon.

Sean I think you'll have that 6" very soon. Do you feel stronger with bends now that you trimmed the pads down a bit? I would think that the less padding the more force you can put into the bend with the pads absorbing it, and would be stronger cutting them down.

Also, Deaner and Sean. I'm gonna be ordering a new pair of IM pads soon. If you guys want to borrow mine, since they're already broken in like 6 year old adidas combat speeds (my favorite wrestling shoe, lol) I can pop them in the mail for you guys to use

Edited by Dude

Eric,

I have called Dr. Strossen and he is trying to line up a witness for Deaner and I but since we live in Alaska and this is the time to go outside (the lower forty-eight) he is having trouble hooking up with some people. Not a big deal, we are both patient men.

Ron,

I was so inspired by you progress that I went out to garage and gave a few more pieces a go. I did the following:

IM Pads (now nice and broken in)

(1) 60d nail

(1) 7.25"X5/16" CRS

(1) 7"X5/16" CRS

Got both of these so nic and easy I decided to go ahead and try some heavy stock, despite the fact I have not waited a long time since my last bending session.

(1) 6" FBBC and I will have the video soon, I am just uploading it tonight. I am getting a lot of force out of the smaller pads. They are the ones I cut down to 4.25"X10" but I have placed a small 4X4" square of leather up front for extra padding. You will see it in the video. it adds a .25" to the roll and makes then a nice and cozy 1" roll. The bend went well, but my buddy Ken's camera shut off early. And it really does not matter I was a quarter of an inch off anyway. Next to my previous attempt at the 6" FBBC I am about an inch further, which is nice. So the final measurement of the 6" FBBC was the ends are 2.25" apart.

Then feeling good about that I thought what the hell:

(1) 5.75" IM Red and well I came up short, but I think I was just getting tired, or just being a pussy. Probably both. Anyway, thanks for the push guys.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

-Sean

Sean, I thought you were gonna take it easy..

Congradulations Dude, you planning on ending the race soon I take it?

Sean, wow, way to go my man! Everyone's bustin' barriers around here!

Eric,Sean and Ron :bow

Looks like i will have to get my ass in gear :D and get some more prs.

Gary, I do hereby cordially invite you to join us in the race to bending greatness. Ron kinda won this thing two days ago, but mentioned he'd like to continue on to the Grand Bastard. I say you're a perfect candidate for the Red Nail Roster or the Bastard ranks, or both. What do ya say?

If no one minds I was gonna keep going and see if I can hit the Grand Bastard cert. It will be my goal for 2006, and definately a tough bend. I like posting in this thread :D and plus the movitivation to get PRs being in a race is awesome. I don't think I'd be anywheres close to where I am if I didnt have this going on to get me bending. Wish I had one of these races for grip.

You know me man I am just stupid like that. :whistel I will swing by today to drop your stuff off, say around three o'clock. I will call first.

-Sean

You know me man I am just stupid like that. :whistel I will swing by today to drop your stuff off, say around three o'clock. I will call first.

-Sean

Great, I will be around. I'm going to be getting back to the bending work that got me where I'm at and hope it gives me a boost, all this DO is kicking my ass, but my secret formula will put me back on track..

Here is the videos of my 5.75" Red attempt and 6" FBBC Attempt

5.75" Red Attempt

6" FBBC Attempt

It will come soon.

-Sean

It wasn't from a lack of effort those buggers stumped you THIS time, Sean. Any day now.

Thanks guys, gonna rest for two days and hit it hard again soon!

-Sean

Feeling weak today. I went to a buddies house yeaterday and had a good cleansing sauna for what now I know was too long. I had zapped a lot of fluid from my system. I had breakfast and a good glass of water this moring and still only weighed 202lbs :cry I normally weigh in the 205 range in the moring before breakfast. I will hit it hard again tomorrow, some early moring Christmas bending!

Today:

(1) 60d DU just for old time sake

(2) 7.25"X5/16" IM pads

Gave the 5/16"X7" Hex stock a go in leather and was shut down! :angry: Just a wobble, man that stock is tough. Again making excuses about feeling weak, but I am damn it, doesn't anyone care about my weak ass? :cry

Happy Holidays guys, I am sure we (me,myself, and my weakass) will be back after it tomorrow!

-Sean