Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Reverse bending allowed me to set a new WR in the vbar total. Its been a very underrated exercise for some time but I am glad people are starting to appreciate it. It also adds to gripper performance for one of the hands.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Reverse bending has certainly given me extra strength on quite a few other exercises/feats. Wrists especially, but also as Mikael says finger strength.

David

I hate to say I told you guys......but I told you guys :D

Do you practice vbar at all Terminator? I'm curious how your insane strength carries over to it.

I got a grade 8 to 40 degrees reverse style before I could even kink a grade 5 DO (or folding style as some refer to it).

I started griptraining and bending 5-6 months ago, so I'll keep it going and hope for some better bends.

As for DO, I need to get that thing right soon. So keep posting videos :D

Edited by Mats Erik

(2) 60d

(1) IM Red

(1) Bastard

(1) 2 60ds taped together

Just tried to keep good posture since this is the first bending since I slipt that disc in my low back. In the midst of some Sciatica I can still bend a little with minimal pain, just some shooting pain down my left leg, but then again one can not stop living because of a little pain.

-Sean

I hope your back gets better soon Sean. Disc issues surely suck. I hate it when I need help rolling over in bed.

Just finished bending and I can barely type now. I wasn't feeling very strong tonight, still pretty sore from the weekend.

Gym

Incline BP

5x135

5x185

8x225

Weighted Pullups

8x BW+40lb db

DB standing press

8x80lb

Bending

60d reverse

4.5" G5 This one took a while to get past the sticking point but eventually I got it moving again. Kinda set the tone for the night.

7"x5/16 Shiny Bast cert (hopefully)

5.5x5/16 FBBC Hex attempt PR (I let it get cold and it was a real bugger from just before 90deg to the final. Epic battle lasted a long time. eventually got it to 2 and a hair. I'm looking forward to looking at the tape of the bend as it was probably at least 15-20 minutes. Lesson learned: don't let hex get cold, don't try to PR when your already tired and feeling beat up)

Decided to make the workout complete with another Brutal PR level bend

7"x11/32 Drill rod PR (I'm looking forward to trying this one when I'm fresh and feeling healed up. It was truly a beast for me. I eventually did get it just under 2" but also a long brutal painful bend. At least 10-15 minutes I think. I did it on tape as well.)

6"x1/4 FBBC round Reverse both sides

7"x1/4Sq HRS prekinked to 20 Reverse to 45deg

6"G8 attempt Reverse moved to 5deg

Man am I beat. Seemed like a very potentially productive (and painful) workout, even it I did not hit the grand Hex like I hoped. I'm gonna go stretch, soak my hands and hit the bed.

- Aaron

7" 5/16" G8 to 15deg............... this is a mammoth pr..after 2 minutes of hell it wasn't going any further

..gotta get these in your hands fellas..........Someone's gonna knock it down :whacked

burner

7" 5/16" G8 to 15deg............... this is a mammoth pr..after 2 minutes of hell it wasn't going any further

..gotta get these in your hands fellas..........Someone's gonna knock it down :whacked

burner

Burner thats Huge! Good luck.

- Aaron

Bent an 8" Edgin the other day. First one. Very hard for me and took 5 minutes to get well under 2".

Then got a 7" Edgin to a bit less than 90 degrees. Fought that one for 6 minutes total and it was frozen solid.

Yesterday I tried another 7" Edgin and got it to 90 degrees in 25 seconds. Then it froze again. Like a broken record, aren't I? Fought it for 4 minutes total and got to slightly less than 90 degrees and just couldn't move it anymore. Not resting enough from my other grip stuff which is obvious to me but it's hard to rest when you're possessed. :whistel

7" Edgin to 90 degree in 25 seconds? That's sick and VERY powerful. :rock Train your crush a little and you will finish it in 25 seconds.

7" Edgin to 90 degree in 25 seconds? That's sick and VERY powerful. :rock Train your crush a little and you will finish it in 25 seconds.

Thanks Alawadhi. I already train my crush "a little." I just need to get stronger. No excuses.

5/16" G8?? :blink

Burner, thats sick!! :bow

Bent an 8" Edgin the other day. First one. Very hard for me and took 5 minutes to get well under 2".

Then got a 7" Edgin to a bit less than 90 degrees. Fought that one for 6 minutes total and it was frozen solid.

Yesterday I tried another 7" Edgin and got it to 90 degrees in 25 seconds. Then it froze again. Like a broken record, aren't I? Fought it for 4 minutes total and got to slightly less than 90 degrees and just couldn't move it anymore. Not resting enough from my other grip stuff which is obvious to me but it's hard to rest when you're possessed. :whistel

That's fantastic, Ben!

But it surprises me that you've done a Magnificent Bastard and yet get stumped on the crush portion of the Edgin. I would have figured it to be the other way around. After doing a 6.5" Edgin I was still getting stuck at ninety degrees with those pesky Magnificent Bastards. Do you think it's simply a technique issue? Are you able to interlock atleast your forefingers at the ninety degree mark? I always had to get just past ninety before I could interlock a couple of fingers to start the crush.

Edgins seems to be very spongy.

You might get caught in a "bad position".

I don't know about the position being bad. I think its just strength levels at that position and technique on the shorter Mag. I have not successfully kinked edgin but I have crushed both the 7" and 6.5" down from 45deg. It seems like you should be able to get it if you are getting it to 90 though Ben. Probably real soon.

- Aaron

I imagine at this point not getting the Edgin finished off is a mixture of not being in a contest setting (no psyche), not getting enough recovery from my other high volume grip stuff, and just plain not being strong enough on that day to get it. I feel that since I've done the Mag Bastard that I should definitely be able to finish it off too. I just run out of steam at the 90. I probably need to start warming up again too. That might help a bit.

Started benching again today so maybe in a few months I can report a few times where I actually DON'T get stuck at 90! :D It's been many months since I've trained bench, or sadly, any dips or pressing (or anything but grip actually) of any kind. But the bending has apparently kept a little of my strength. Weighed 210 today and worked up to a smooth single with 264 in the bench press. Not special of course but not too bad for no benching for as long as it's been. I'm hoping that increasing my bench will help me like it helped Franky's bending. I've polished my technique and ridden that horse for about as long as it's going to last. At this point I just need to get stronger. I'm also doing specific crushdown work but every little bit helps.

5/16" G8?? :blink

Burner, thats sick!! :bow

LOL.......not as sick as the 5/16" square...it doesnt move and all you do is bleed!!.... goin through wraps like crazy..........greg where are you...........???? give us some motivation or let us borrow your palms....

go for it fellas,

burner

Good Lord fellas, you guys are going to kill me trying to keep up with that crap. Good work guys you inspire me more than you know......Brett

5/16 g8, 5/16" square? This is getting out of hand fellas. When will the madness end? The commitment to wreck perfectly good steel is shown here in this log. Please recycle.

Thats pretty sick Burner! Congrats on the big G8 movement.

Heres my stuff from last night:

Bending

60d reverse

5.5G5 DO

6.5x5/16 plated steel

7"x3/8" Hardware store CRS

7"x.281 drill rod Reverse

6"G8 with IM wraps PR

IM red nail with IM wraps 25 sec PR

IM red nail with IM wraps no rubber bands 30 sec PR (red nail cert is totally doable now.)

5.5"G5 Reverse to 55deg PR

7"x5/16G5 Edgin prekinked to 10deg PR

7"x5/16Sq plated key stock, prekinked to 75deg. bent to just past 90deg and it broke.

IM red + 3/16sq x7" taped together PR

- Aaron

Just to update you guys. I finally went to the doctor and had an MRI of my low back because after three weeks I could not take the pain anymore. Pussy, I know but I just could not move it out of my mind anymore and it was too distracting to teach and try to block the pain out, I am sure you understand.

The MRI showed a nice little 12mm herniation in the L5 S1 disc that was pressing on the Sciatic nerve root and causing what can be described as a hot knife down my left leg amost all day with loss of feeling in the ball of my foot. I am on the road to recovery but they are telling me I can not do anything right now and frankly the doc was surprised I had gone this long just walking around on it, there must be some big pussies out there. Not really though this thing hurts pretty bad. Bad enough I remember laughing outloud in bed the other night because I really could not bring myself to cry about something I could not really see any physical sign off like a severed limb or broken arm with the bone sticking out so I just laid there in the fetaql position spasaming into the erect position of nerve rigamortise and laughed, probably funnier to watch than go through but funny just the same.

You guys are tearing it up and I am jealous and John just sent me five Insane bastards and they are just mocking my pathetic ass, but I digress. Keep it up guys I will be back soon.

-Sean