Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

my weak spot would be the scale weights...but I think those were single stamp scale weights which makes them harder than some of the newer ones. The other thing is that the steel wasn't the Grade 8 precision seamless that I'm used to. Also, were these calibrated? There's no telling what a "scale weight" weighs. I think I could have done a litte better with some "average" scale weights. I'm looking for a pair with heavy knurling and interlocking dovetails on the top. I think these two features are vital for getting a good time on this event.

Next year the after comp show will include an E-tool duel between Sean "Magnificent" Prince and Grand Eaton. Stay tuned...

I would prefer that when we mention John Eaton in the future it is in his sir name which is John "Failure at the Cave" Eaton. The dove tail and "hard" knurling is key. This I am in complete agreement, also weight the scale weights would greatly reduce the chance that the scale weigh truley does weight 50lbs a piece.

-Sean

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Burner - you sure did miss something - it was called BBB2 and was a great contest - it appears to have started a few personal challenges among the competitors :whistel. We'll just let these young lads talk - in the meantime, the old man plans to actually train a little bit for next time - we'll see how things come out. I mean beating these guys should be easy next time - all I have to do is close about 4 or 5 strengths of grippers harder than I can now, bend about 10 levels harder, and V-bar another 100# - piece of cake huh?

I plan to talk to John Beatty and see if we can use my scale weights next year in BBB3. They are of course calibrated, chromed, knurled, precesion ground, and filled with helium for increased holding time but were the early model without the interlocking dovetail option. They are also the meanest darn scale weights I've ever tried - I had only managed to deadlift them one time prior to BBB2. Frankyboy managed them once after several hours of attempts and several others have missed them. I still haven't managed to lift them even an inch off the ground left handed. Using them should shorten up the time needed for the meet enough we can easily get the Hercules hold in next year.

Burner you did miss something and Chris was right it was a great day of bending at the BBB II among other things. There was great feats, trash talk, more great feats, some good hearted roasts of character and insults intended to motivated not emasculate...Oh, and Sean in case you are wondering I am ahead of you on the nailman's list which was our challenge wasn't it? Looks like someone better get back to work! :whistel

-Sean

Good job Mr. Prince. :D

Anyone interested in a friendly race to the Huge Shiny?

hit a pr in reverse last night, today I did the 7" Edgin in a little over 2 minutes, not my best but the wrists are very sore.....first time I have DO bent since starting the reverse bend race. I feel much stronger but the wrists can't take too much right now. I read up on the BBII WOW!!!............congrats, you must all feel incredible!.......Sean , you kicked my ass...FRANKY......... :bow .......what can I say......you got me to the red and then blew by me..........Insane motivation for me fellas, don't quit .....you have a ton of strong guys right behind you.

burner

The only easy day was yesterday Burner, yesterday...

Thanks burner.

I will keep at it til I reach my limits. Then I'll raise them. :yikes

Anyone interested in a friendly race to the Huge Shiny?

Nevermind, I'll challenge myself. :D

I have some 3/8" cold roll round here waiting on you Franky.

I keep forgetting to post these over here too.

Sun

Bending

60d

5.5gr5

7"x5/16 gr5 edgin bolt from 45deg prekink finished off. PR I got most of this one on tape but I hit the end of my tape so I couldn't show the final result. I will post a pic. tough buggers those edgins

7"x3/8" steel finished off from 35deg prekink. PR I'm not sure what kind of steel this is but it is softer than the CRS.

7"x3/8" cut down 80d nail. prekinked to 55deg. tried but it didn't move. pretty tuckered by this point.

IMred+7"x3/16sq attempt got it to 2-3 pennies kink. Not sure what the heck I was thinking. wrist was hurting pretty bad by this point.

IMred+6"x3/16" IM white nail. PR was pretty beat but got a couple pennies kink. then pre-kinked to 10-20deg and finished it off.

Decent workout but it left me pretty sweaty and wiped. I got tape on some of the more challenging bends. I will post when I get a chance to process.

- Aaron

Bent a 3/8"X7" Grade 2 (307A brand) earlier today. Best bend ever for me. :cool 5 minutes into it I quit because I'm only at 90 degrees and I've been hitting it off and on for as long as I can stand. And add to that the fact that my shoulder went slightly out of socket (and luckily went right back in) and I was lucky to not get injured. So I rested 8 minutes and hit it again. A little over 2 minutes later I was the proud owner of a new bending PR! :rock

You guys should buy a few of these and give them hell. They're expensive but a great stepping stone it would seem to the heavier 7" bends that I am chasing.

Nice work, Ben! I commented on this in the bending forum, but the hardest part of an Edgin for you will be the kink. Get comfortable with the 7 3/16" length, and go to town. I suspect you could do one right this minute!

Hey Eric....Do u think one has to actually bend the short stuff to make progress on 7" bars?

Hey Eric....Do u think one has to actually bend the short stuff to make progress on 7" bars?

I really don't think it's necessary. But with Ben having killed a Magnificent Bastard, I suspect the crush of an Edgin will be a cinch for him.

If I have strayed away from long bars then it is hard to make the crossover from 5"+ to 7". I know I used to say that I was able to go back and forth but I was a fool then and am not now :tongue

-Sean

I really don't think it's necessary. But with Ben having killed a Magnificent Bastard, I suspect the crush of an Edgin will be a cinch for him.

I really appreciate the help Eric. :cool I'm always amazed at your patience when I ask these questions that you've probably answered 50 times already. I'm definitely still learning the whole bending game. There is still a lot to learn. And a whole hell of a lot stronger to get! :rock

I went to the hardware store and special ordered a bunch of Edgins and even some 8" Edgins too. I do not take for granted the monster hardness of the Edgin though. I remember what that got me in late September. It slapped me right in the face when I just barely kinked one. :whistel

Yesterday I started Reverse Style bending and worked up to my first 6" Grade 5.

Today I hit it again and got a 5.5" Grade 5 to @55 degrees in 25 seconds on video. :cool Hard style. But rewarding feeling to get it moving like that.

Then I did a 6" Grade 5 DU.

And couldn't end a good bending workout without doing some DO of course. Red for a warmup in 10 seconds. That's FAST for me! I don't have much explosion...did one the other day in the same time though.

Have a warped Shiny Bastard (maybe 9 penny kink?) that I wrapped up and demolished in about a minute flat. :ohmy I know it doesn't count because it was already kinked...but it's bending. :inno

Good job Ben, Thanks com202.

tonights bending

Bending

60d

5.5g5

Bastard

big Bastard

6.5" edgin from 45deg PR Sorry Franky I win, will post vid soon as I can.

Hexabastard

Huge Hexabastard PR Haven't done this one before. It actually broke on the crushdown.

All the stuff Bastard and above was taped for FBBC cert lists. Will post on Youtube when I get a chance. Marco got a 5.5G5 tonight and got a 6"gr8 to 90deg. He's getting stronger

- Aaron

6.0 stainless...........12 minutes .........GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!! :flame

...."strength is a marathon not a sprint"..........J.L. HOLDSWORTH

Edited by burner

Awesome burner.

Holy crap that's an awesome bend Burner!!! :rock:bow

This is indeed a not easy bend, LMFAO :laugh , I can only imagine how good it felt!!! :rock

Unreal, Burner! Congrats!

passed 45's for the first time this morning..........I have to admit, all of the reverse bending has taken me to a whole new slew of pr's...........not just in bending either. very cool :rock