• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy strong, Ben!

Thanks Eric. But it's more like crazy weak on the sweep and the crushdown lately. That just sucks. And why is getting stronger so slow? :tongue

12-18-2006

Well, I benched heavy yesterday, and I wasn't scheduled to bend today, but... (how many posts have started off like this, I wonder? :tongue )

- 70D

- 5/16 x 6" grade 2

- FBBC Stainless Bastard to 2 1/8" :trout Darn! But despite my crush having fallen by the wayside, it was good to do some pretty tough steel with no shoulder pain!

Euro Pinch

- 113x1

- 164x4

- 175x1

- 185x1

Nice bending session Ben!!!

Eric, I was reading your post so fast I thought for a breif second that you stalled out at 2 1/8" on a bastard and almost threw up in my mouth. Then I reread it and felt better knowing the world did not blow up.

-Sean

Eric, I was reading your post so fast I thought for a breif second that you stalled out at 2 1/8" on a bastard and almost threw up in my mouth. Then I reread it and felt better knowing the world did not blow up.

-Sean

Thanks Sean. I got a good laugh out of your comment about almost throwing up in your mouth. :tongue

-Sean

:laugh

Thanks guys, if I can not compete with you guys bending maybe I can still get you guys to laugh a little. :tongue Stupid herniated disc! My gripping has gotten back to where I like it. Closed and held shut my MMG1 replica for 15 seconds the other day and I closed my 04' #3 that has the +3" spread witjh a MM set. Now if I could only get that scale weight hold down :whacked

-Sean

Thanks guys, if I can not compete with you guys bending maybe I can still get you guys to laugh a little. :tongue Stupid herniated disc! My gripping has gotten back to where I like it. Closed and held shut my MMG1 replica for 15 seconds the other day and I closed my 04' #3 that has the +3" spread witjh a MM set. Now if I could only get that scale weight hold down :whacked

-Sean

Damn, Easy Mag you might not be a one trick pony after all :D

Well if I am not just a one trick pony you all better look out! :tongue Oh and John, you even started training for this stuff yet or are you still just off the couching it?

-Sean "The Magnificent/Medium Wraps" Prince

-Sean

12-21-2006

- got my revenge on that Shiny Bastard that wouldn't go the last 1/8" last workout by crushing it down to 1 15/16"

- kinked an Edgin

- Made in USA Grip Rite 70D (475 pounds) cut to 6.5" total length (these are a very rare nail, in that they crush much harder than they kink)

I'm hoping that within a month I'll be back in bending shape again.

Well if I am not just a one trick pony you all better look out! :tongue Oh and John, you even started training for this stuff yet or are you still just off the couching it?

-Sean "The Magnificent/Medium Wraps" Prince

-Sean

I may have to come off the couch to make sure I get the MMG1 done. I don't know if I could handle the onslaught if Easy Mag got it done and I couldn't :D Nice to see you branching out from bending.

7"hex with IM wraps.snuck this bend in while in the bathroom..

....al bundy for bending chairman!

my son has a sick grip!! :blink

burner

Had Pete Kerr over for a grip gathering and WOW what a day! The guy is a freaking grip phenom. :cool Can't say enough about him. First time bending today and he did an Easy 60D Nail with worse form than mine (is that possible!) until recently. All strength. Quick too. Was probably 2 inches held away from his chest, which wasn't his intention but it just worked out that way. Failed on a Hard 60D Nail but at that point he had hit some simply huge lifts for a guy that has only trained grippers and a bit of pinching until today.

As for me, after doing a bunch of other grip stuff I wanted to have a small audience (3 guys total) for another attempt at the Magnificent Hexabastard. At the 4 minute mark I called it quits and it was at 77 degrees then. Got it to @ 70 degrees within 20 seconds again. Kept hitting it and hitting it. Milked a little bit of movement out of it. Previous best Mag Hex bend was at 69 degrees so progress is being made slowly but surely. No bends after that even though I would have loved to smash into a 6" Edgin for laughs.

Ben, that's some very nice work with the Magnificent Hexabastard!

12-26-2006

- 1/4 x 5.5" FBBC stainless steel

- Huge Hexabastard

- Huge Stainless Bastard to just shy of ninety degrees

- Gripe Rite 70D (made in China) cut to 5"

- Keystone 70D cut to 5" to just shy of ninety degrees

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, no action here in the DOBR. :(

I'll get it up and running again.

Yesterday was 2 Insane Bastards to 60 degrees (first one) and then 65 degrees for the 2nd one.

Now that the warmup was done... :tongue

Grand Hex to 90 pretty quick. Stalled there, which surprised me, but I was tired I guess.

Grand Bastard to 1.75" in 71 seconds. Slow...........................................

Insane Bastard to 70 degrees in 46 seconds. :rock Had my wife watching which usually fires me up quite a bit. 3rd attempt on the Insane at that point. Interesting that they went in little stair step degrees. My best is still 77 degrees. Just want to get in more attempts on them. I should just bite the bullet and order 100 of them. :whistel

Today I warmed up with an attempt on a piece of 5/16"X4.5" CRS. But it barely got to 47 degrees before my wife called and messed it all up. :D I'm not sure I would have gotten it anyway. Needless to say it froze there after a few minutes and that was all she wrote for that piece today.

Figured since I was warmed up it'd be nice to try another 6" Edgin. Kinked it to 56 degrees in 30 seconds on video. That is one freaking hard bend! It would have to be harder than an Insane Bastard. On the Insane I kink it very easily to @ 45 degrees and then the sweep slows me down quite a bit. And then of course, my nemesis, the crushdown, kicks me in the nuts. :angry:

Found another truly monstrous bolt at the hardware store today. A 5/16"X6" Grade 8. So I wrapped that up, thinking I'd at least micro kink it. Nothing at all happened. I put forth every bit of strength I had into that bar.

Then did it again after I had rested about 10 minutes. Nothing. No micro kink. Another day maybe. :cool

That's incredible, Ben!

Have you tried the 7 incher recently?

That's incredible, Ben!

Thanks Eric! Yes, totally forgot about the 7 incher since trying some harder stuff lately. I bent a 7 incher to 2" on the dot in 1 minute and 47 seconds the other day. Going by memory, not by my training log in hand, I'd say it was the 2nd of January. The crushdown was very hard. The kink wasn't terrible. But that was one of those rare days where everything just clicked and of course wasn't close to a video camera. But I wish I was because that was one that I wanted to have on tape to remember and critique. On that same day I tried a 5" Edgin quite a bit later and kinked that maybe 10-15 degrees. I don't know for sure because I left it on the countertop, ran out to get my protractor (dork) in the garage, and started messing around with some other grip stuff while I was out there. By the time I came back in my wife had taken the trash out. The 5" Edgin was in there. So I did what any other hardcore bender would do. I went out to go get it! But she was timing the trash service to her takeout. So I lost that one. :)

That's incredible, Ben!

Thanks Eric! Yes, totally forgot about the 7 incher since trying some harder stuff lately. I bent a 7 incher to 2" on the dot in 1 minute and 47 seconds the other day. Going by memory, not by my training log in hand, I'd say it was the 2nd of January. The crushdown was very hard. The kink wasn't terrible. But that was one of those rare days where everything just clicked and of course wasn't close to a video camera. But I wish I was because that was one that I wanted to have on tape to remember and critique. On that same day I tried a 5" Edgin quite a bit later and kinked that maybe 10-15 degrees. I don't know for sure because I left it on the countertop, ran out to get my protractor (dork) in the garage, and started messing around with some other grip stuff while I was out there. By the time I came back in my wife had taken the trash out. The 5" Edgin was in there. So I did what any other hardcore bender would do. I went out to go get it! But she was timing the trash service to her takeout. So I lost that one. :)

:laugh

Ben, Edgin's are not intended to be cut to 5". What's the matter with you? :whacked

STRONG!

Nice work Ben! Keep it up brother.

-Sean

I'm continuing with the streak of bending PRs. Today I called Travis and John feverishly and told them about my newest conquest. The Grand Bastard in 1 minute and 45 seconds. In Ironmind Pads! :rock On video, which delights me.

I have not been training in secret with the IMP. Quite the opposite. I have just been keeping the 3 workouts that I've had with them (this is the 3rd) secret from everyone. Even my close buddies. I did let the Huge Bastard that I bent a month or so back slip out the other day...but John has his way of prying info out of the most stoic of men. He'd be a good interrogator/torturer. :tongue

Wasn't even planning on bending today. But I was putting together a Bending Kit for a strong dude and decided it was about time to lay waste to some big steel with the IMP. Timber tie, Easy 60D Nail, Hard 60D Nail, 1/4"X6" Grade 5, 1/4"X6" Grade 8, 1/4"X7" FBBC Square, Big Bastard in 30 seconds. That got me thinking that quite a bit more was possible. So I took the Grand Bastard inside and fired up the webcam and even got the wife to cheer me on. It was painful and more painful.

And maybe now the FAT PAD haters can stop all the backhanded comments and snide remarks about fat pad benders (FPB) only being able to bend with their favored pads. It does not make you a better man if you bend with a shop towel or even newspaper. It does not make me a better man for bending with leather. Let's get over the whole us versus them BS guys. I do respect the fact that those who choose to go the minimalist route are doing it the hard way. But if they want to compete in a contest setting and still choose to do it the hard way, then I don't mind taking their points. And it's been said before, but if they want to show me how easy it is to bend a Mag with double leather, then please just put up or shut up. Do it. I'll cheer for you. I'll pat you on the back if/when you accomplish it. And then I'll go back to bending however the hell I want to in the first place.

It has turned into a rant, which I hadn't really intended at first. But I figured it was time to bury the axe. And not in someone's back. Everyone who bends has at least that in common. We are benders. Doesn't matter much if I choose to hold the steel closer to the center or more to the outside to get better leverage. Because in my book the "spirit of the bend" is to freaking BEND THE STEEL! Not to see who has a higher pain tolerance or can use the thinnest wrap.

So rant is over. Thanks for listening. Let's all get along.

Also kinked a 7" Edgin to a few degrees with the IMP.

Then kinked a Grand Hex to about 15 or 20 degrees with the IMP.

And later, after I talked to John Eaton for so long that I got in trouble with the old lady (just kidding John!), I wrapped up an Insane and got a penny or 2 kink in that as well.

I still hate the IMP though. They just feel like kid's toys compared to the monster double leather pads I've been using. But again, I think the biggest part of me wanted to do it as a good-natured F U to everyone who thinks they're somehow better than someone else who chooses what they think is the "easier" path. I don't consider myself better than someone who bends with a tea towel, even when I've bent a Mag, so why do they consider themselves better than me, when their best might be a Grade 8? Doesn't really make sense, does it, when you put it down on paper?

Dang, in my ranting fever I completely forgot to mention another first with the IMP. DU kinked a Red to about 10 degrees about half an hour ago. Don't really know how that happened but it felt pretty cool. No rant here. Just happy to be able to bend. :cool

I'm going to call your wife and have her hide the washcloths, so you don't get any crazy ideas of bending with them :D:bow

I'm going to call your wife and have her hide the washcloths, so you don't get any crazy ideas of bending with them :D:bow

Too late John. :cool An hour or so after I got off the phone with you I wanted to see just how far I could take this thin padding bending today. So I bent a new Red Nail DO with one dish towel rolled up on each tip. It sucked and the pain was pretty bad. Lots of swearing too. But I was hell bent on finishing what I started. The kink was the really painful part for my delicate hands. The rest wasn't so bad. It was done in about a minute.

That wasn't enough torture so I went back to the IMP and kinked a Grand Hex to @45 degrees in a series of very painful hits on it. About a minute just to get it there.

And then finished the day off by kinking a Mag to @30 degrees with the IMP. That was ultra painful for me. And I don't want to repeat it just yet. :blink