Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Gazza,

Great stuff, and as I said on the youtube video link post awesome.

Just be careful with your shoulder, you don't wanna end up like me, so slowly back when it's all ok.

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I actually put down a 5.5" 5/16" round HRS :tongue

I should have been using more of this stuff when I first started the shorty bars.......

Here I come fellas!

Yea, been pretty much changin diapers and trying to get life back to normal.if that's possible. :)

gonna try and squeeze in at least one cert this month, I have torn skin on both palms so I need a little R&R. What I would love is some 5/16" stainless Hex.........know where I could score some??

burner

Yea, been pretty much changin diapers and trying to get life back to normal.if that's possible. :)

gonna try and squeeze in at least one cert this month, I have torn skin on both palms so I need a little R&R. What I would love is some 5/16" stainless Hex.........know where I could score some??

burner

Acorn in the States might have some. Gazza and Maximus always seem to have some of that good stuff.

burner

Acorn in the States might have some. Gazza and Maximus always seem to have some of that good stuff.

I'm your Huckleberry. I got a little left but was thinking about ordering some more. Let me know if you want some Burner.

- Aaron

burner

I'm your Huckleberry. I got a little left but was thinking about ordering some more. Let me know if you want some Burner.

- Aaron

hell yea man.let me know.....how does that stainless hex calibrate?

Edited by burner

burner

- Aaron

hell yea man.let me know.....how does that stainless hex calibrate?

Don't know about this bar, but the one that Gazza sent to eric came in at 505. This one seems alot stiffer than that to me. Gonna send a piece of this bar to Eric for calibration soon.

PM me your info if you still want it.

- Aaron

Sean[burner]

I can send you some stainless stock but it aint fbbc dont know wether you are wanting to cert but its ok for training with :D

Time for me to update my part of this log bent one opf the 4 fbbc insane shiny bastards sent to me by Ben Edwards [thanks bro]a week before this i took down a 4 1/4inch stainless round not fbbc but eric calibrated thjis stock at 10lbs les than the fbbc so i new i was ready for the fbbc insane when it arrived.

These to short bends have took abit outa my fingers so i wanted to see if i still have it on the 6"-7"stuff so today went into the middle off the school field were there were no distractions and set a PR.

Sean,burner,eric etc were are you guys come on lets get this thread cooking again :D

• 2 weeks later...

Gary,

My back is healing up great and I am bending but only Big Bastards and some cut down New Reds. Nothing great, still want to be complete befor coming back hard. Anytime now I am sure.

-Sean

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought my 50lb box of 60d nails, 16lb sledge, box of 100 G5s and 100G8 so I can get serious on the reverse bending game again, so I did the following just messing aound.

16lb sledge lever to the nose

1 G5 DO

2 60d taped together DO

3, single 60d nails reverse

Looks like it is going to be fun coming back on this train.

-Sean

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm ready to start getting serious about my double overhand again. I want to focus on the 6" length and get a 6" Edgin. I've really got my work cut out on this one.

4-12-2007

- 60D

- 5/16x6" grade 2 bolt

- Shiny Bastard cut to 6 3/16" to 2 9/16" between the ends (these are my tough Shinys)

- isos with a 6" Edgin I had previously bent to 20 degrees

- Keystone 70D cut to 6 3/16"

Just took a calibrated 6" Edgin from 30 degrees to 60 degrees.

I crushed the 6 3/16" Shiny down another 1/8", to 2 7/16", tearing off a sliver of skin from the top of my left forefinger in the process.

I crushed the 6 3/16" Shiny down another 1/8", to 2 7/16", tearing off a sliver of skin from the top of my left forefinger in the process.

Ouch, that shiny's a biter. Better put it down! Once they taste blood, better look out. :tongue

Btw Good stuff getting it to move. The hex we talked about came in, I'm just waiting on the other fun stuff.

- Aaron

Ouch, that shiny's a biter. Better put it down! Once they taste blood, better look out. :tongue

Btw Good stuff getting it to move. The hex we talked about came in, I'm just waiting on the other fun stuff.

- Aaron

Booyah gave me some hex at the contest, which I think is the stuff that calibrated at 645 pounds. I got it moving a little bit and then... it reminded me it was stainless. :cry

- Aaron

Booyah gave me some hex at the contest, which I think is the stuff that calibrated at 645 pounds. I got it moving a little bit and then... it reminded me it was stainless. :cry

Well this hex isn't stainless. But I think it might calibrate higher than the FBBC. I send some once the 11/32 stainless comes in.

- Aaron

Good to see you coming back Eric! Lets see some big numbers now :rock

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys

Just thought i would open this friendly comp back up as i need some fun injected back into my bending things have been abit serious lately so i thought a friendly race might do the trick :D

Would anyone be willing to race me you go for a 6inch edgin i will go for a 6inch big g8 or you go for a big g8 i will go for a 3/8inch g8.

Ben,Booyah,Eric,Aaron etc anyone up for a friendly race :D

Hey Guys

Just thought i would open this friendly comp back up as i need some fun injected back into my bending things have been abit serious lately so i thought a friendly race might do the trick :D

Would anyone be willing to race me you go for a 6inch edgin i will go for a 6inch big g8 or you go for a big g8 i will go for a 3/8inch g8.

Ben,Booyah,Eric,Aaron etc anyone up for a friendly race :D

I will take on this challenge.. NO limits? I WILL WIN :whistel

Gazza, my bending's been on a roller coaster ride lately. Maybe this will motivate me enough to stay more cosistent. But regardless, I'm in! I'll be posting tomorrow's workout.

5-18-2007

- two 60D nails

- three 5/16 x 7.5" crs (comparable to tough Bastard stock)

- 7" section of a Grip Rite 80D (about 570 lbs.)

- Edgin

- 5/16 x 7" stainless hexagonal to 22 degrees before a blister flared up (645 lbs.)

I tried some rubber bands for the first time today, and they did make the wrapping process go a bit smoother. I also tried some thicker wraps today (1 3/8") with no noticeable difference, other than the bend feeling a bit more comfortable.