Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Ben, Your Ranting and Bending Both Kick A :mosher:mosher !!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben

Awesome achievement bro :bow

Ben i would love to turn up at a comp one day and everyone just throws there wraps on the table and uses any pair they choose and if they beat me i will be the 1st to shake there hands wraps help but after the wraps and technique its all power :D

I agree that alot of the fun has gone out of bending but i suppose that when you start getting good like you are it makes people a bit jealous and the only way they can bring you down is to bitch about your wraps,keep up the progress bro your on your way to the top.

Regarding wrapping it will be interesting to see what difference there is between suede and tea towels. I have never used leather in bending but plan to use it for the first time in my next workout. I honestly don't really like tea towels as they are a bit impractical but I don't mind feeding my ego by constantly pointing out that I use towels rather than leather as wrapping. Would be embarrasing if I do worse with leather.

Mikael,

I doubt you'll do worse, you'll just not feel the pain in your hand. That's what I found when I switched, then I could concentrate on the bend and build my wrist strength up.

David

Had some decent workouts since my last report. But the workout that I think I got the most out of was one in which I only got the most micro of kinks in a big bolt.

5/16"X6" Grade 8. The tiniest micro kink that I've ever put in anything. So tiny that when I lay the bolt flat on the countertop, the middle section is a hair away from touching the countertop. To measure the "kink" I rolled the bolt until the middle was as far off the countertop as it could go (due to the micro kink) and then placed a penny and 3 pieces of paper (stacked on top of each other) under the middle section of the bolt. With the penny and the 3 pieces of paper under the middle it was just touching the bolt. So that's how I measured the kink on that little monster. Most of this measuring is tongue-in-cheek, because I know a kink that small is hardly worth mentioning. But since I can't find any of the 7" monster Grade 8s it is all I have to work with right now. And I wrapped it up and gave it everything I had. They just don't seem possible to me. :blink

I've got to buy some of the 7" ones though so I can see if I can at least put a kink in it.

Had some decent workouts since my last report. But the workout that I think I got the most out of was one in which I only got the most micro of kinks in a big bolt.

5/16"X6" Grade 8. The tiniest micro kink that I've ever put in anything. So tiny that when I lay the bolt flat on the countertop, the middle section is a hair away from touching the countertop. To measure the "kink" I rolled the bolt until the middle was as far off the countertop as it could go (due to the micro kink) and then placed a penny and 3 pieces of paper (stacked on top of each other) under the middle section of the bolt. With the penny and the 3 pieces of paper under the middle it was just touching the bolt. So that's how I measured the kink on that little monster. Most of this measuring is tongue-in-cheek, because I know a kink that small is hardly worth mentioning. But since I can't find any of the 7" monster Grade 8s it is all I have to work with right now. And I wrapped it up and gave it everything I had. They just don't seem possible to me. :blink

I've got to buy some of the 7" ones though so I can see if I can at least put a kink in it.

Ben, I'm your Huckleberry. Seriously I have some of those 7" Big G8s If you need one or 2.

- Aaron

Ben, I'm your Huckleberry. Seriously I have some of those 7" Big G8s If you need one or 2.

- Aaron

Hell yeah Aaron! Totally forgot that you had some of these. I'll PM you. Need to train harder. Must get stronger.

Mag Hex to 67 degrees in 15 seconds. And some other decent bends that were completed.

5/16"X4 and 7/8" Grade 5...tiny, tiny kink. A DIME fit under the bolt head when the bolt was laid flat on the countertop. Still, it's a start. :D

Ben,

please change your screen name to benkink ... :tongue

Now serious:

I'm highly impressed with your ability to kink any steel you want regardless of its length or toughness. :bow

I'm focussing lately on 5.5" bars and shorter and totally lost my ability to kink stuff beyond 6". :whacked

Ben,

please change your screen name to benkink ... :tongue

Now serious:

I'm highly impressed with your ability to kink any steel you want regardless of its length or toughness. :bow

I'm focussing lately on 5.5" bars and shorter and totally lost my ability to kink stuff beyond 6". :whacked

Thanks Franky. I may change my name because that's a great idea! :)

I hope your training is going well on that shorter stuff. I'm still trying to mix it up every once in a while and do some longer stuff but my form is definitely off too on the longer stock.

Had a pretty good day yesterday with the Ironmind Pads. No leather was harmed during the slaying of this steel:

(7) Hard 60Ds with the heads cut off.

1/4"X5" Grade 5.

1/4"X6" Grade 5-Diamond.

(3) 5/16"X7" CRS.

Notes: All these were done pretty much back to back. As fast as I could slam one under 2" and wrap the next one was the rest period. Rested about 5 minutes before wrapping up the next bend.

Grand Hexabastard. :mosher About 20 minutes! Will not repeat this bend anytime soon. I am sure of that. I lost a lot of blood out of just one finger from a deep cut. Not sure if it was a piece of steel that sliced it open or just the pads themselves. Either way I tried wrapping it after a few minutes and it just bled through anything that I put over it. Sopping wet bandaids were the name of the game last night. But I just had to finish it since I got it started. This is the most painful bend I've done so far. Was very slow and took almost 45 seconds to get it to 90 degrees. Then I rested a while and hit it in little spurts until it was finally right at 2". Didn't even try to get video since I knew it was going to be extremely slow if I did get it finished. Today it appears that the cut is all the way down to the muscle. Which there isn't a lot of in the middle finger.

The fact that there are some benders out there that can do harder steel than a Grand Hex in these pads is sick. The hand pain is incredible. I have not listed the other IMP workouts I've had recently where I fail on Huge Bastards or slightly easier, due to not pushing hard enough because it felt like my fingers were going to break. I don't know how far I can push it without them ACTUALLY breaking. I think that makes sense. I don't really want to be the first that posts about multiple broken digits. :rolleyes

Had a pretty good day yesterday with the Ironmind Pads. No leather was harmed during the slaying of this steel:

(7) Hard 60Ds with the heads cut off.

1/4"X5" Grade 5.

1/4"X6" Grade 5-Diamond.

(3) 5/16"X7" CRS.

Notes: All these were done pretty much back to back. As fast as I could slam one under 2" and wrap the next one was the rest period. Rested about 5 minutes before wrapping up the next bend.

Grand Hexabastard. :mosher About 20 minutes! Will not repeat this bend anytime soon. I am sure of that. I lost a lot of blood out of just one finger from a deep cut. Not sure if it was a piece of steel that sliced it open or just the pads themselves. Either way I tried wrapping it after a few minutes and it just bled through anything that I put over it. Sopping wet bandaids were the name of the game last night. But I just had to finish it since I got it started. This is the most painful bend I've done so far. Was very slow and took almost 45 seconds to get it to 90 degrees. Then I rested a while and hit it in little spurts until it was finally right at 2". Didn't even try to get video since I knew it was going to be extremely slow if I did get it finished. Today it appears that the cut is all the way down to the muscle. Which there isn't a lot of in the middle finger.

The fact that there are some benders out there that can do harder steel than a Grand Hex in these pads is sick. The hand pain is incredible. I have not listed the other IMP workouts I've had recently where I fail on Huge Bastards or slightly easier, due to not pushing hard enough because it felt like my fingers were going to break. I don't know how far I can push it without them ACTUALLY breaking. I think that makes sense. I don't really want to be the first that posts about multiple broken digits. :rolleyes

damn bro..I guess that destroys my 7" hex in IM's....you're getting scary!!

:bow .........

Very impressive Ben. :bow

-Sean

Thats some freaking sic stuff Ben, I keep forgetting to post my bending over here too, what little there is of it.

Did this a few days ago after my KTA gripper workout, and posted a pic of some of it in my gallery:

60d reverse

7x11/32 to 1 3/4

7x.368 drill rod from 60deg (prev bend) to 30 deg past 90 or 120deg 3 7/8" PR

5x5/16 FBBC magnificent Bastard to 1 3/4 in about 3 minutes PR

isos with insane bast at 90deg

I havent been bending much lately so I was pretty happy about the workout. Also very happy as that is the 2nd mag bastard I've done and it wasn't as tough as the first one in Oct.

- Aaron

Thanks guys!

Acorn, that's some serious bending there man! Any Mag is a damn good Mag to me. And I know that monster drill rod is scary tough. Your crush is going to be the death of my bending domination dreams. :tongue

Gazza, looking forward to it man. Wasn't put out there as a challenge though. But if it motivates you to come back and squash it, then that's cool with me. :rock Rest up and destroy some monster steel.

Ben

I love a challenge bro :D and thats what this log is all about seriously i tried some short bends before christmas just before i was injured with the ironmind pads with some shiny bars its hard to get the ironmind pads real tight for me anyways i have a half decent bend with the ironmind pads on video,videod and witnessed by Doolash a member on here i,ll see if i can find it.

Ben i cant wait to get back to full strength to have a friendly bending battle with you,Aaron and the other boys :D Its got me hankering to put the hurt on some big steel :D

Ben

I love a challenge bro :D and thats what this log is all about seriously i tried some short bends before christmas just before i was injured with the ironmind pads with some shiny bars its hard to get the ironmind pads real tight for me anyways i have a half decent bend with the ironmind pads on video,videod and witnessed by Doolash a member on here i,ll see if i can find it.

Ben i cant wait to get back to full strength to have a friendly bending battle with you,Aaron and the other boys :D Its got me hankering to put the hurt on some big steel :D

Great, just what I need, :whistel another battle. :tongue I hope I can get back to full strength too before it commences, so I don't have to play catch-up so much. I may have to get out the pipe and take a trip to Kansas I think :whistel Anyone know where I could buy a stronger Kink?

- Aaron

Aaron

I am far from 100percent myself but i thought a friendly battle always brings out the best in me :D I look forward to getting a webcam and setting it up for extra competition and motivation :D

Also this log battle always brought out the best in me besides anger :yikes

No worries Gazza. I look forward to you getting a webcam too.

Fun night tonight on the webcam

Bending

2 60d

1 7x5/16 plated stock

1 6.5x3/8 crs

1 4.75x5/16 bastard attempt to 67deg PR

1 7x5/16 Hex stainless attempt from 40deg to 107 PR

1 6.5x11/32crs attempt to 115 deg PR

1 IM Red nail with IM wraps

1 7x5/16 G5 attempt to 113 deg PR

my hands are fairly raw now. Good stuff.

John, Climber, and Gator were watchin most of it.

- Aaron

Aaron and Ben

Nice bending there guys your tearing it up :rock

Time for me to update my part of this log :D

Dec 8th 2006 after a warmup did 3 successfull bends with the stainless videod and witnessed by mike dooley(Doolash here on the board)the last bend was the 3/8"x7"stainless round i posted on youtube i was slightly injured in the shoulder and pec area during this bend :cry The other to bends of stainless previous to this all in the 30mins times[pan that mike was witness were a shortened fbbc shiny DVD of it going out in the post to Eric tomorrow the other bend was an attempt at the Reverse style just abit of fun showing that DO can bring your wrist strength up :D

Not long after this session i was given a 3/8"x7"piece of CRS and a piece of 1085 drillrod by maximus1 the CRS went pretty quick much quicker than the big stainless above,i then rested for about 10mins and hit the drillrod got it but it further injured me i am now on my way back :D

If anyone thinks i am finished forget it i aint even started yet and i intend to put the hurt on bigger steel than the above :D

Looks like we are all getting stronger!

Today I managed to take down, over the course of about 15 minutes, a 3/8 x 7" Steel Works CRS bar. It calibrated at 590. It was rough. It wasn't coincidental I did it right after viewing Gazza's masterful bend.

Today I managed to take down, over the course of about 15 minutes, a 3/8 x 7" Steel Works CRS bar. It calibrated at 590. It was rough. It wasn't coincidental I did it right after viewing Gazza's masterful bend.

Nice job Eric, those are mighty fun.

- Aaron

Very nice Eric! :mosher