Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Decided to update my part of this race :D put a couple of bastard rounds away the other day 1 reverse and 1 du been playing around with all 3 styles the last 6mths.

Been also playing with the edgins as well as the stainless an today put away a 6.5"edgin was a struggle those bolts are tuff :D they keep pushin back and i went dizzy a few times :D

Just put a vid in my gallery quality is a bit poo as i had to compress it as it was quite long but i have the original now on disk :bow

I saw that bend, it was crazy. sorry but I have a newbie type of question :blush is a 6.5 edgin a 6.5 inch 5/16 G5 ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron

Yep the edgins are tough but my 6.5-7 length is abit off at the moment so i struggled on the start with that one.I find i have to train for 6.5-7"stuff or 6.5 and below i have to modify my technique for both more to do with my hands and fingers and bar placement.

I think i have the strength to do a 6"edgin but not shure about under 2mins tho as these bolts like the drill rod fight you all the way.

I also find that after doing battle with the short stuff 5.5 and lower it gives my knuckles a chance to recover :D hard to explain but the short stuff when i crush my fingers dont just move inward but seem to move sideways slightly as well which is really painfull :D but the longer stuff altho painfull to crush doesnt seam to move my fingers sideways like the shorter stuff as i say hard to explain.

Reading about burner saying only 2 people he is aware of have done 2x6" g5s together i might have to explore that :D Maybe a g5 and g8 together or 2 g8s dont know wether these are possible.Also how far of a big g5 would a big g8 be i could go on and on :D

I would have to say that I'm in the same boat on the short stuff. My long 6.5-7 needs to come too. I'm planning on starting to really hit the long ones for a while and bring that up. the double g5's or g5,g8 sounds intrigueing, but one I was kicking around this morning was double 7" fbbc 1/4sq with them side by side bending both on the flat it seems like that would be quite tough. What do you think gazza? I might have to add that to my list of stuff to try soon.

- Aaron

Great Bend Gazza!!! A bit more intensity than the 1st 7" CRS power crush I first saw you do :) Very impressive indeed!!!

Kevin

I think Greg Amidon named the big g5x7"bolts edgins so i just referred to it as a 6.5"one :D

Thanks 4 all the compliments fellas :D but not being big headed i definately didnt feel as strong today on the crush and my start could have been better i think its the length i am definately better on 6inch and bellow and i think i have a 6inch one in me might even try one tomorrow whilst all the other boys are battling it out at the BBB3 :D

WOW 4 3/4 stainless how is that possible. ? I think if Gazza keeps on making the gains hes been making he will surpass Pat !!!!!! dude plese please wrap the 6 inch edgin.

At the BBB2 yesterday I warmed up with a 5/16"X7" Grade 2.

Then got all these in consecutive order:

6.75" Hexabastard.

6" Hexabastard.

5.5" Grand Bastard. First one! :rock

5" Magnificent Bastard!!! :blink Fought it until almost all of my 5 minutes were up. I was slow but I don't care. The Magnificent has fallen! :cool

Thanks guys! Must be something in the water. I should have tried a Magnificent Hex though. It might have gone.

5" Magnificent Bastard!!! :blink Fought it until almost all of my 5 minutes were up. I was slow but I don't care. The Magnificent has fallen! :cool
I was lucky enough to be there yesterday when this took place, Ben was very determined and it payed off!

MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!!! :rock

Tonights workout was fun. Another coworker came over and tried a few things. It was his first time bending and he got the 5.5"gr5 and also put a wobble in a red. I think he's hooked. I was pretty wiped before the workout. I spent the weekend working on one of our rental houses, today was mostly in the sun installing chicken wire for new stucco.

My workout

60d

7" x 5/16 gr2 bolt 1" off center

6" Gr8 bolt - first time trying one of these, not too bad

6.5" Big Hexabastard

Edgin gr5 bolt attempt, just a couple pennies kink

7"x5/16SQ plated steel isometrics. put a 1 penny kink in it on the diagonal, then pre-kinked in the vise with sledge hammer to about 30deg on the flat and did some more iso's

6.5" Big shiny crushed from 3" to just under 2.4"

IM red.

And following bending was a bunch of other fun stuff.

- Aaron

BBB II

Grade 8

Huge Bastard

Grand Bastard

Magnificent Bastard

It was a great day for Ben, Franky, Josh Dale, John Beatty and basically everyone else who bent that day.

I am nothing but pleased.

-Sean

BBB II

Grade 8

Huge Bastard

Grand Bastard

Magnificent Bastard

It was a great day for Ben, Franky, Josh Dale, John Beatty and basically everyone else who bent that day.

I am nothing but pleased.

-Sean

Congrats on the awesome bending Sean!

- Aaron

My bends at the BBB2 were

Huge Bastard PR! 23 seconds First one I've done.

Grand Bastard PR! Under a minute, also a first time bend.

Magnificent Bastard I got a healthy kink in it so I'm pretty happy with that.

Edited by John Eaton

John is a great competitor and really would have had the Magnificent if he would ever train!!! He can do it all without training, what a prick, think if he trained a little he would blow all our dorrs off.

You asked for a friendly push John, so get training with all that stuff you bought and let's see some results!!!

-Sean

John is a great competitor and really would have had the Magnificent if he would ever train!!! He can do it all without training, what a prick, think if he trained a little he would blow all our dorrs off.

You asked for a friendly push John, so get training with all that stuff you bought and let's see some results!!!

-Sean

Aye, Aye Sean "The Magnificent" Prince :D

After a little rest it will be conditioning time, I can't have you and Doc picking on me about being an out of shape ex-marine :D

Your quite the competitor yourself especially since you only bend and never train anything other events :tongue

John

Sean did all of his bends with "medium" pads too, but he's too magnificent to mention that :D

Truth be told Josh, I was using "medium" pads and was glad to get a "medium bar and had the "easy" time to beat. You set the tone with starting with a "hard" grand and then jumping to the grand hex. If John had gotten and "easy" Magnificent then I think he would not have had a failure at the cave, but then again if Luke had suceeded at the cave the first time I do not think it woul dhave been so epic of a battle with his Dad at the bridge of Cloud city, but I digress.

And John, I am training grippers now, smart ass, maybe some day I will hit some block weights and stop being a puss. Then again you might get in shape too, and miracles will happen... :tongue Let's set a challenge log for the two us us to hold ourselves to and then rock out at the next BBB III! Josh, I know your in, but what do you have to improve on? Oh, yeah your block weight soft spot, there really is a chink in your armor after all. :tongue

- Sean"The Magnificent"Prince

my weak spot would be the scale weights...but I think those were single stamp scale weights which makes them harder than some of the newer ones. The other thing is that the steel wasn't the Grade 8 precision seamless that I'm used to. Also, were these calibrated? There's no telling what a "scale weight" weighs. I think I could have done a litte better with some "average" scale weights. I'm looking for a pair with heavy knurling and interlocking dovetails on the top. I think these two features are vital for getting a good time on this event.

Next year the after comp show will include an E-tool duel between Sean "Magnificent" Prince and Grand Eaton. Stay tuned...