Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Forgot to mention what I warmed up with yesterday before my attempt on the Big Shiny Bastard... :whistel

5.5" Red Nail in 1 minute and 35 seconds! :rock New length PR. :cool

Felt downright easy compared to the Shiny Bastard the other day. Webcam has officially taken a crap on me. Was e-mailing Tmmicklabs to get some psyching up and maybe a bit of advice on the video and then couldn't even get the video working anyway. Didn't care though because I was just ready.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished up yesterday's workout with a 4.5" Grade 5 in 32 seconds. :flame Another length PR for me. Had to take off 1 pair of wraps to get the crushdown because it was so short. But it ended at 1.75" between the tips.

I was running out of gas at that point but still wrapped up a 4.5" Grade 8 and got it to 45 degrees in 2 minutes but quit after that.

About 1 this morning I finished off that 6.5" Big Shiny Bastard but it took 25 MINUTES! :tongue And about 9 attempts to finally get it. Holy crap that stuff is hard.

Great job again Burner getting this in 4 minutes!!! :rock

About 1 this morning I finished off that 6.5" Big Shiny Bastard but it took 25 MINUTES! :tongue And about 9 attempts to finally get it. Holy crap that stuff is hard.

I went bezerk for that crush........frothing at the mouth.......it's a beast

you have insane strength man :rock

I went bezerk for that crush........frothing at the mouth.......it's a beast

you have insane strength man :rock

just hit a 12.5 sledge lever to the nose.........first time ever. This sledge actually almost killed me a few times in training

Great work on the bends Ben! Also Burner that is a great sledge lever to the nose. Since my right forearm and elbow are burger I have been hitting sledge levers lefty and to my surprise I managed three reps to the nose lefty with my 10lber! New PR!!! Could probably get more, I will try it out next week.

-Sean

Great work on the bends Ben! Also Burner that is a great sledge lever to the nose. Since my right forearm and elbow are burger I have been hitting sledge levers lefty and to my surprise I managed three reps to the nose lefty with my 10lber! New PR!!! Could probably get more, I will try it out next week.

-Sean

I do most of mine sitting, definitely not a legal lever in comp, it's a bit sloppy but to be able to control it through that range of motion was pretty cool.

I noticed that I have been injury free for a while and have been lifting heavy for 15+ years. I believe it is due to the push ups I have been doing. A 1000 lb squatter wrote that " you're an athlete get on the floor and due some push ups!" With the specific shoulder work I have been doing and the increase in my wrist strength I am recovering much quicker. I can't go big all the time like it was in the beginning, more than 2 sessions a week and I'm on the bench.

do some push ups,

burner

Edited by burner

:blink UH........Did someone call time out.......????

....... GET PISSED AND FOLD SOME STEEL!!!!

today........: so close on my 2004 #3 it's making me sick, rear levers with the 10lb sledge, and isometrics with the Huge stainless frozen at 90

Give it everything you've got :mosher

burner

Edited by burner

:whistel

I'm still here. I'm hoping to make it over to see Travis on Wednesday. Then I get to decide whether I want to officially try to cert on the Grand Bastard or the Big Shiny Bastard.

The BSB would be much better for me but I'm not sure it will cooperate that day. But I usually do special things when in the company of great friends...so who knows?

Couldn't help myself and had to bend last night. Nothing great just messing around a bit.

6" Grade 8 for a warmup. Very fast. Fastest time to 90 degrees that I've ever had. Maybe 2 seconds or something weird like that. Knew my kink was ON today.

5.5" Red Nail to 90 degrees in 6 seconds. Ran out of gas once again and only got it to 2 and 3/16" at the 2 minute mark. Don't know why my crushdown failed on that one. The first one I did was not that hard. But the kink on this one was incredibly easy. I thought I'd get the whole thing done in under 30 seconds at that rate...more humble pie is not always a bad thing though.

This Red was a gift that I gave my supervisor a few years ago. I quit on Friday and so he gave it back to me as a gift, since he couldn't do anything with it. So I cut it down and cranked on it. Thought about cutting it to 5" just to see where I was at.

Think I'm going to try another 4.5" Grade 8 today. Might be very disappointed with the results but it's always worth a shot. :cool

Ben:

I'm scared now. :blink:bow

LOL Franky! :cool

I warmed up with a 6" Grade 5. It was moderate so I'm glad I warmed up with something lower than a Grade 8.

Then a 6" Grade 8. Easier than the Grade 5.

Then a 6.5" Big Stainless Bastard. Got it to less than 90 degrees in about 25 seconds. Then it froze there for eternity! :blink Stopped at 4 minutes because it was just isometric hit after isometric hit...

Then wrapped up a 4.5" Grade 8 and got it to 45 degrees again in a bit over 15 seconds. Then it too froze there for all time. Could not finish it off and quit at 50 seconds. No use in trying on this one anymore. Not enough leverage for me.

Pissed at not getting anything finished, I pulled out one of my 6.5" Big Bastards to crank on.

6.5" Big Bastard in 22 seconds! :rock That's more like it. Anger sometimes does the trick for me. Fastest BB yet. By quite a margin too.

Calling it quits here because I should be making it over to Harrisonville to visit Travis on Wednesday. Might have already spent too much energy but I doubt it. I'd like to hammer down a 6.5" Big Stainless Bastard with him witnessing. And on video. That would be a special treat.

I have now closed my 2004 #3 for the second time in four days. I believe eric and dude got a heads up on this sooner but for those that don't know, I HAVE FINALLY CLOSED THAT DAMN GRIPPER WITH A MMS!!!

I was so excited the first night, my hands were shaking. I always tried to back off the bending but I just couldn't. There was some gripper training but nothing like the KTA guys have done.OUCH!! It took me just under 2 years of grip training and I bent heavy the whole time. I find this great because people who love to bend could have a shot at the #3 cert . I have been bending everyday now for about a month and my sledges and grippers have gone up! Plus I'm doing 100 pushups a day &lifting heavy once to twice a week. John Brookfield did say that when his steel bending was strong, he was strong. I have also hit a few bending pr's recently backing up his advice. Brookfield has enormous grip knowledge but the amount of conditioning he posesses makes it hard to visualize his earlier training. He must be doing something sick every day at this point. Guess I have to work on my cert now........

Today.10 60d's reverse style, 2 decks of gold crowns, 1 red with IM wraps sitting and 1 phone book.Daughter's first birthday, had to put a little show on for the uncles.

peace fellas,

Burner

I have now closed my 2004 #3 for the second time in four days. I believe eric and dude got a heads up on this sooner but for those that don't know, I HAVE FINALLY CLOSED THAT DAMN GRIPPER WITH A MMS!!!

I was so excited the first night, my hands were shaking. I always tried to back off the bending but I just couldn't. There was some gripper training but nothing like the KTA guys have done.OUCH!! It took me just under 2 years of grip training and I bent heavy the whole time. I find this great because people who love to bend could have a shot at the #3 cert . I have been bending everyday now for about a month and my sledges and grippers have gone up! Plus I'm doing 100 pushups a day &lifting heavy once to twice a week. John Brookfield did say that when his steel bending was strong, he was strong. I have also hit a few bending pr's recently backing up his advice. Brookfield has enormous grip knowledge but the amount of conditioning he posesses makes it hard to visualize his earlier training. He must be doing something sick every day at this point. Guess I have to work on my cert now........

Today.10 60d's reverse style, 2 decks of gold crowns, 1 red with IM wraps sitting and 1 phone book.Daughter's first birthday, had to put a little show on for the uncles.

peace fellas,

Burner

That is great to hear Burner. I am happy you are doing so well. :bow :bow :bow

-Sean

Bent a few hard pieces yesterday with Travis.

Warmed up with a 6" Grade 5.

Then a 5.5" Grand Bastard to 2.5" in 5 minutes.

A 6.5" Big Shiny Bastard to 2.25" in 5 minutes.

-5/16"X8" Grade 2 fast.

-5/16"X6" Grade 2-HKT fast.

-1/4"X6" Grade 12 BROKEN! Pretty fast on that one too. :blink

-5.5" Grade 8-U on the head and it was hard!

-6" Huge Hexabastard in 2 minutes and 41 seconds. Should be certified soon since Travis witnessed it. That was a hard bend! Bent off center by 1/2" too which didn't help matters any. :whistel

Bent a few hard pieces yesterday with Travis.

Warmed up with a 6" Grade 5.

Then a 5.5" Grand Bastard to 2.5" in 5 minutes.

A 6.5" Big Shiny Bastard to 2.25" in 5 minutes.

-5/16"X8" Grade 2 fast.

-5/16"X6" Grade 2-HKT fast.

-1/4"X6" Grade 12 BROKEN! Pretty fast on that one too. :blink

-5.5" Grade 8-U on the head and it was hard!

-6" Huge Hexabastard in 2 minutes and 41 seconds. Should be certified soon since Travis witnessed it. That was a hard bend! Bent off center by 1/2" too which didn't help matters any. :whistel

LOL.........Broken bolts, I love it........anything over a G9 is more or less an airline bolt and will only give a slight flex and then snap...But hey man, still takes power to get to that point!

gettin strong !!

Edited by burner

LOL.........Broken bolts, I love it........anything over a G9 is more or less an airline bolt and will only give a slight flex and then snap...But hey man, still takes power to get to that point!

gettin strong !!

Wow, thanks a lot Burner! I didn't know that about the airline bolts. :blink I am SO glad that I wrapped that thing with leather. I probably would have made it into the Darwin Awards book with that horrific and stupid death. :trout

Ben, find some soft HRS, cut it to Red dimensions, and start acclimating yourself to the agony we know as the IM pads. It's mainly just a matter of toughening up your hands and getting accustomed to the feel of a relatively thin piece of wrap in your grip. It's also necessary to grip just a little bit tighter when playing with the IM pads.

I've no doubt you'll be certing in no time at all!

The night before last I decided to start posting my less than impressive workouts again, just for the fun of it. I managed a Keystone 70D cut to a total length of 5.5". But then yesterday at jiu jitsu class I hyperextended my right thumb back towards my elbow as I attempted to check my training partner by driving my hand into his thigh. Man does it hurt. I can't use my thumb for anything now, and it, as well as the thumbpad, have swollen to double their original size. I look like I could pinch two Blobs (right handed)! Fortunately I discovered I can still perform pushups off my fists, and pullups with a fingertip grip. So atleast I can stay in some sort of shape as my thumb heels over the next few weeeks. I shall return! :tongue

Hey Ben,

If you're worried about the IM pads just learn to wrap it as tight as you can and use plenty of chalk. I actually practiced in the gym having someone cut off the rubber bands and time the bends. The IM wraps wear out quick if you use them everyday but for the most part you just have to feel what it is like to bend with less wrap. You're a MM2, that's sick! Just learn to squeeze hard and get comfortable.. When I certed my form was terrible but was a bastard bender ...YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY SMOKE YOUR CERT !!! Be patient and let your hands get use to the wraps, like Eric says work up to it, if you start with IM's right now it might be a problem, but hell give it a shot anyway. There is definitely a difference, when I go from leathers to IM's, for a few weeks it hurts! My training partner is currently going through this. He does hex bars but when he trains in IM's the injuries start...and the cert gets pushed back a bit. The grippers have definitely made my hands stronger, they feel like solid rock, so I don't think the pain will be your problem. When I could hit a 6.5 red in IM's I knew I was ready.

Go get it man :mosher

Burner

Edited by burner

Ben,

I have no doubts you will smoke the IM cert. Get it man :rock

Eric,

Heal up man and start using a money thumbless grip in class you goofball! :wacked

Burner,

You hit that Grand Bastard yet?

I am getting some new wraps and then I will be bending again real soon gentlemen. Hope it does not flop on me for taking too much rest...

-Sean

Ben,

I have no doubts you will smoke the IM cert. Get it man :rock

Eric,

Heal up man and start using a money thumbless grip in class you goofball! :wacked

Burner,

You hit that Grand Bastard yet?

I am getting some new wraps and then I will be bending again real soon gentlemen. Hope it does not flop on me for taking too much rest...

-Sean

Just about out of stainless so maybe a 7" for camera purposes because the 6.5 doesn't always cooperate....very annoying!! As for short stuff, haven't exactly put the time in yet. Recently did a 6" 5/16" G2 bolt about an inch off center.I thought that was a nice way to start things off. I'm doing plenty of wrist work so when the time comes I hope I'll be ready.

finished off a 5"G8 that was off center kinked a solid 1". This took me over a week I think.

The crush is improving.....

Big PR for me....

bunrer

Edited by burner