Double Overhand Bending Race With...

EricMilfeld

Nice bend, Burner!

That jump from 5" to 4.5" is humongous. I've never been able to get to even 90 degrees with a 4.5", but I was doing the 5" before I could do a Huge Bastard.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smp76

• EricMilfeld

• burner

• Dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bend, Burner!

That jump from 5" to 4.5" is humongous. I've never been able to get to even 90 degrees with a 4.5", but I was doing the 5" before I could do a Huge Bastard.

yea, this is definitely turning into pain tolerance. The short stuff is no joke.

just got back from the gym and am proud to say I have fully deadlifted 2 45's for the first time! .I only got it once, my hand was fried afterwards ...how these guys pass 45's behind their back is just scary.....couple of juicers came over and gave it a shot.....NO WAY........Their excuse was that if their hands were as big as mine they would be doing it too........whatever........another long term goal went down

now to make it consistent.. :blink

peace fellas.......

Edited by burner

Congrats Sean.

You can call some pinch your own. :rock

Hey Ben ,

Franky and I are racing to the MM1, prince is in a battle with me for top 50 standing....so I was interested in knowing if you would like to race to the double 1/4" 6" G5 bend........I believe only two have ever made this bend........

Are you in?

It's all about motivation.........

Burner

double 60d bends: 10 PR last best is 6

12.5 sledge right x3 Sitting left ..almost broke my face

Been a while so I took it slow:

Warm up: 6.5" CRS

Workout:

(3) 6" CRS All finished within three minutes per bar.

(1) 5.5" CRS took it to 90 degrees in two blast then my elbow gave up on me. This is an injury I have been working with. I stopped because I did not reinjur.

-Sean

Guys, I was wondering if I could play too? :blush Could I join the race or is it too late?

- Aaron

Guys, I was wondering if I could play too? :blush Could I join the race or is it too late?

- Aaron

Absolutely. Welcome aboard!

Sweet, thanks Eric.

Did just a little bending tonight to try out some new stock. Stock is .323 Drill rod. It was either damn tough or I was damn weak tonight. I will try some more on Sunday. I also got some .332 drill rod but was not up for the challenge tonight. I'll try to post some pics tonight.

6" gr5

6.5x1/4 SQ to 90deg to calibrate my force

red nail wobble to calibrate force

7"x.323" Drill rod bent to 1 3/4" in about 10 minutes. I was also about 1/2" off center. It was tough the whole way. I may have to send some to Eric to calibrate.

- Aaron

Calibrate your force? :yikes

Are you the new T2000 or what? :D

Calibrate your force? :yikes

Are you the new T2000 or what? :D

Not last I checked. :whistel I just wanted to see if it needed more or less force to move this stuff. I honestly didn't even know if that material would move. I didn't find any specs on its tensile strength but its yield strength is about double that of CRS.

- Aaron

Time to update my part of this log :D

Spured on by PATS destruction of some BIG steel :bow I hit a 5.5" stainless the other week and have since done another in my new place of work.

before got a pb on the stainless a 5 1/4" piece took nearly 6 mins so there is much work to do i can smell a 5incher in the future :D

O did a 5" magnificent bastard about 5mins pryor to this and the crush was not as hard as the 5 1/4 stainless

Maxwell you need to get your arse over here bro so as we can get this shit witnessed and videod as i dont know how much longer im gonna be doin this for.

Spured on by PATS destruction of some BIG steel :bow I hit a 5.5" stainless the other week and have since done another in my new place of work.

before got a pb on the stainless a 5 1/4" piece took nearly 6 mins so there is much work to do i can smell a 5incher in the future :D

O did a 5" magnificent bastard about 5mins pryor to this and the crush was not as hard as the 5 1/4 stainless

Maxwell you need to get your arse over here bro so as we can get this shit witnessed and videod as i dont know how much longer im gonna be doin this for.

WOW Gazza!!! :rock:mosher Really not much more to say than that! Great work man!

5 1/4" Shiny? :whacked

5" Magnificent Bastard? :ohmy

Thats getting beyond my grasp. :whacked

Make some videos soon.

Can't wait to see them. :bow

Thanks guys :D

Franky

I was gonna put the 5 1/4"stainless on video but without a credible witness as well its a bit meaningless.

me and maxwell both work different jobs hes on nights im on days so we dont get to train together anymore,but when im rested i will go after the 5" stainless ive got to pieces left so i have 2 chances :D Then im hangin up my wraps and calling it a day with the grip and bending so hopefully i will bow out on a good one :D

Nice work Gary, nice work man. :bow Then again, I expect no less from you than good work...

-Sean

Gary.........I believe you have reached that level which most only dream of...........congrats and please go get that 5" stainless!!...insane, just insane!

Tonights bending workout

5" x 1/4" CRS

7" x 5/16" bolt 307A

red nail

finished shiny bastard from 30deg. to 1 7/8" started last week PR

6.5"x1/4 Sq HRS

attempt at big Hexabastard. 3 penny kink.

6"x5/16 bolt gr2 3/4" off center

5" red nail decent kink PR

6.5" x 5/16 Big Bastard

After doing all these I went back and crushed them down more to work crush

all moved except for shiny, and big hex.

Ate dinner and then finished with a

5.5" x 1/4 Gr5

Pic of the carnage posted in my gallery. I'm gonna feel this tomorrow. my fingers are aching :rock

- Aaron

Crazy strong, man!!! Congrats on those stellar bends!

And Aaron, your progress is really impressive! Good job with the drill rod! It bends like the stainless, doesn't it?

Crazy strong, man!!! Congrats on those stellar bends!

And Aaron, your progress is really impressive! Good job with the drill rod! It bends like the stainless, doesn't it?

Thanks Eric, Yes it feels very similiar to the stainless in sensation. Except no wall at 2" and there was no easy range. Every hit would move just a little.

- Aaron

Great workout Acorn! That 5" Red kink is pretty sweet too. That was one of the next things on my list when I get back on the 13th. I think I'll rest a day and then maybe warmup with a 7" Red. Then cut one to 5" and give it hell.

That Big Hex is a monster, isn't it? I agree that the kink seems pretty crazy on the Hex stuff when it's cut. The 6" Huge Hex that I did felt harder than the 7" Shiny Bastard to me.

did a 5"shiny before got it on video but sein as there was only me,my wife and youngest daughter it wont hold much value except to me but know i no i am ready this short stuff really kills the knuckes :cry

I have one left so im gonna rest then kill it and wait for some more stainless so we can do it like pat has on video package unopened etc then theres no doubters.

I was gonna then hang up my wraps but sein as some people complain about some of us chaseing lists and thinking that DO bending is for clowns im gonna piss more people off and rest abit after the 5"shiny then im gonna go after the big bad square that should really piss off the bending police as im gonna go for it DO as well :D