Georges Training Log

Geo

Is that SE harder than a #4? Otherwise i would change them around, the SE will feel lighter :yikes

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geo

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that SE harder than a #4? Otherwise i would change them around, the SE will feel lighter :yikes

Hey Dutch! The SE is not harder than my 4,however, I do my negatives with the 4 ala Joe Kinney handle style -in a aluminium tube slotted through a keg. This way I find is much easier to do negatives (to get the handles to touch initially) - even with a 4. My 4 stays in the tube all the time for this reason and is only used for negs. The super Elite negatives I do are done in the usual way - using the other hand to close the gripper up then letting go and hanging on for life! Thanks for the input! :)

Edited by Geo

Powerlifting is going good at the mo. My bench is back where it was before I moved/changed jobs and it went to pot a bit. My squat is on the way up and my deadlift, well id rather not say about that at the moment-except that it needs more work!

I can't believe that you have the exact opposite problem in powerlifting that I do. My deadlift is always on the rise, but, my bench stalls almost every other week. It has only been this past month that I have begun to see progress.

Powerlifting is going good at the mo. My bench is back where it was before I moved/changed jobs and it went to pot a bit. My squat is on the way up and my deadlift, well id rather not say about that at the moment-except that it needs more work!

I can't believe that you have the exact opposite problem in powerlifting that I do. My deadlift is always on the rise, but, my bench stalls almost every other week. It has only been this past month that I have begun to see progress.

Everyone is put together differently, Deadlifting has always felt an awkward lift for me. However just this past week I seem to of found a little better form and its been beneficial to my DL. Benching has always been a more natural feeling lift to me. A friend of mine Deadlifts 250kg plus but his bench is stuck at 80-90kg!

Hands are fried today! :flame Must of been those no sets on Thursday!

Elite attempt

#3 wide set close

RB260 wide set attempt

#3 strap hold with 2 kg attempt - miss

Elite attempts - Narrow set

RB260 close set

3 reps right hand - never done that before

2 reps right hand

New RB's are not here yet- cant wait! :yikes

I had a pretty good squat session today, still felt stoked when I got home so I picked up my Elite and decided to wind up the choker a little. It was at just narrower than credit card width to begin with. Seeing as I am yet to close this little monster I cranked up the choker so that the handles are 1 1/4" apart.

Going for attempts when I failed I gave some help with the other hand and tried to hold it closed

Edited by Geo

Woops hit the wrong button!

I split my training up when I got in I attacked the Elite. Then had tea and attacked my RB260 no set style.

Elite in choker to 1 1/4"

5 attempts - I am making progress on this. Can almost hold it shut with a forced close.

RB260 no set -

5 - Closing in on this gripper now.

My RB's arrived! They are super tough. The 240 is like a hardish 3 at the moment, at a guesstimate the 300 feels like an Elite (maybe) and and 330 im not sure about - though not as tough as a 4 I dont think. They didnt send a narrow 300 but sent a Cert 300 and a Cert 330 instead.

Anyway things are going good with the Elite making more progress with each session which is the way it should be! :rock:D

Elite - 3 attempts - nearly there. On the first set I got pretty close to closing it and then stalled so I forced it closed and managed to hold it closed for a couple of secs!- little PR there which is a nice sign of progress. :mosher

Did a couple of closes with the new 240. Had a go on the 300 and 330.

I put my grippers with the rest of my small collection and thought "shit I think ive got an obsession!" Then I thought bah Im not that bad at least Ive only got 13 grippers some people have 30+ oh well :D

Edited by Geo

Keep plugging away on that Elite!

Do you feel that elite is easier or harder than the RB300C.. ?

Cheers Theo!

Its difficult to say wether the 300 is at the same level as the Elite as I have the Elite in a choker to 1 1/4". The sweep on the 300 is pretty easy compared to the Elite if I remember to when I didnt have it in a choker. It certainly feels that towards the close the 300 is about the same as the Elite. I will investigate further and report back!

If I remember correctlyPaul Doire (where is he?)said to me that a narrow 300 is about the same as an Elite.

Feeling knackered!!! I trained squats today and I achieved what I wanted to achieve but it was a struggle! I usually take 5 days off from lifting before a competition and I am looking forwards to the break! :D

So today I just did 3 attempts on the Choked Elite. Good attempts though no hold closed today.

Also I did some reps on my RB240 with the Kinney handle device.

no set

3 attempts

Choked Elite

5 attempts

1 RB260 wide set attempt

nice workout, keep going :D

Last squat session before competition next week. I filmed my last sets and I was way deep enough which is a nice confidence boost as I was having trouble getting depth with the Titan suit.

Anyway onto grip

#3 credit card set

5 attempts -

Elite in choker

3 attempts

RB240 - This is a NOISY gripper and tough as well! Its like a hard 3 (mobsters single staped 3 that I tried on Friday is about the same strength.) Ive oiled the chrome sppring and it still creaks like crazy!

8 squeaky sets with a MM set

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a sucky powerlfiting comp :( ah well its all experience. Very annoyed at myself that I only got my first squat (220) seeing as I had hit 260 in training three times. I Felt knackered the whole day! Anyway enough whining!

Tried my grippers since the first time in a week. They felt a bit alien, but when I got started they felt good I wire brushed off my 3 as it is caked in chalk so much so that its slippery as the knurling is buried.

#3 MM set

RB240 (Like a hard Hard 3) MM set -closed

Elite in choker to 1 1/4"

3 sets

set 1 was very close! :)

#3 tiny set

2 - attempts - 1 set was v close

RB300 neg

2 set

RB330 neg

2 set

Edited by Geo

#3 tiny set

RB240 MM set

x3

RB260

wide set

x 3 miss

RB300 attempt with other hand assisting

x2

super elite neg

Edited by Geo

Hands are knackered! Ive been moving timber all day long! We had a lintel arrive. And I mean a lintel! Its 14" by 15" and 5 meters long unseasoned oak. It is amazingly heavy its the kind of thing that would go well above in a castle! I managed to get one end up (just to see if I could lift it :D ) Still I think I'll move it with a tractor tomorrow!

Onto grip

#3 MM set x1

Elite in choker 3 attempts

RB240 - x1

#3 strap hold with 2kg

first attempt I fumbled the strap so that it was between my hand and the gripper (Doh!) and the second I just missed.

RB300 1 negative.

Hands are knackered! Ive been moving timber all day long! We had a lintel arrive. And I mean a lintel! Its 14" by 15" and 5 meters long unseasoned oak. It is amazingly heavy its the kind of thing that would go well above in a castle! I managed to get one end up (just to see if I could lift it :D ) Still I think I'll move it with a tractor tomorrow!

Onto grip

#3 MM set x1

RB240 - x1

#3 strap hold with 2kg

first attempt I fumbled the strap so that it was between my hand and the gripper (Doh!) and the second I just missed.

RB300 1 negative.

good job and you'll get that #3 strap next time, don't fumble :whistel

Onto grip

#3 MM set x1

RB240 - x1

#3 strap hold with 2kg

RB300 1 negative.

good job and you'll get that #3 strap next time, don't fumble :whistel

LOL everyone fumbles now and again BigT :D

Cheers mate. Ive got a bit of a cold at the moment so Im putting that down to the reason I missed it. :D I will get it next time.

Elite in a choker to 1 1/4" attempts

Getting stronger on this one.

5 attempts - First one was 3mm from closed second attempt I got a similar distance forced it closed with the other hand and held it there.

RB240 no set attempts

3 close attempts

RB300 attempts

#4 negs

5 sets

Getting my new camera at the end of next week so I can eventually film for MM0! My old camera is just too poor quality. Cant wait. :)

Edited by Geo