• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geo

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Geo,

When you say sets...are these successful closes or attempts?

Sorry Paul they are attempts. Apart from the MM set right handed #3 which closed and the MM set RB260 right hand which closed too. The Elite is a little way off yet. Really like that gripper though.

Hands seem to be responding to the 6 days on 1 day off routine. That Ive switched to. Had a Day off today from grip and back on tommorow after squats.

Edited by Geo

Didnt intend to do quite so long a workout but I rigged up a simple handle device for negs ala Joe kinney. It is incredibly useful. Less effort is wasted on trying to get the bigger grippers closed and more effort is employed on resisting the opening. I got a beer keg, a peice of steel tubing from a knackered plasterers pump jack and wrapped the gripper in tissue to pad it out inside the tube. Slot the tube through the handles of the keg,clamp it, with one leg kneeling on the keg and there you go!

#3 CC set

7 attempts

RB260

MM set closes

2 sets

Elite negs

6 sets

Super Elite negs

5 sets

#4 negs

5 sets

Next Im going to file my harder 3 to use in the keg/handle device to get further range of motion. Interested to see what results this will bring!

Filed my "chrome" #3 yesterday and did some work with it tonight. Its a toughey!

This is taking ages to get a CC set with the 3. Time to give the body a warning as Joe Kinney says. :angry: A Grand Declaration of War with my 3 will occur this Saturday :angry: Already upped the #4 negs in readiness...

Attempts + negative with hold

Edited by Geo

Very sore from the 4 negs. With the Kinney handle device I can do the 4 some serious damage for negatives.HOWEVER this is using some serious Body English and also closing the gripper in this way is WAY easier than doing it the normal way. The tricky part is trying to get the maximum amount of squeeze to be done by the fingers and not the triceps! Still works though as my crush is stronger, if quite sore.

Did 10 attempts/forced close with the filed 3

Edited by Geo

Filed 3 negs

5 sets

Elite negs

5 sets

#4 negs

25 sets

man what a workout, keep them coming that #3 CC set is going down :rock

Going to leave the gripping till saturday as Im still sore. Thanks BigT :rock going to be using my Super Elite a bit more as well so as not to go overboard so much. But its definately working.

Going for MM0 now! I didnt know that you could go onto MM1 from MM0 I though you had to be a CoC to qualify for MM1 :blush . Oh well. Better sort out a witness.

Tonight I did some MM set stuff.

3 closes

RB260

1 close

Elite

3 attempts

:rock

Going for MM0 now! I didnt know that you could go onto MM1 from MM0 I though you had to be a CoC to qualify for MM1 :blush . Oh well. Better sort out a witness.

Tonight I did some MM set stuff.

3 closes

RB260

1 close

Elite

3 attempts

go for it buddy your time is at hand

Havent been able to post in a while because of the holidays.

Sundays workout

Elite

5 attempts MM set

RB260 Overrush

x3

Wednesdays workout

# 3 CC set attempts

3 sets

Seems to be that I get a 2mm from closing nearly everytime and I reach a "gummy part where It doesnt want to move any closer. However its still progress as I reach this very close to closed point regularly. The MM set stuff has really helped I think - I should of taken Paul Doires advice ages ago and done more overcrushes as these are really helping as well.

Elite attempts MM set

This ones coming along nicely Im doing well with this gripper.

3 attempts

RB260

Man these RB's are nice grippers.Especially when doing overcrushes which I was doing last night. The Overcrush is where its at.

3 sets

#4 negatives

7 sets

Using the Kinney handle is an art in itself! To get it right you need to make sure your really using your hand to keep the thing closed and not the triceps.

Liking mixing the training up. Gonna keep at this. Sorting out witness for MM0. :mosher

Did 3 closes with the 3 last night for the MM0 but either the camera or the light source wasnt up to the job and its too blury to see properly.

Saturday

5 no set attempts

Elite attempts

Super Elite

Negs

3 sets

Had another go with the camera tonight. I sorted out the lighting and I got the footage alright apart from the fact that my setting hand gets in the way of the camera when I set the thing.Then when my setting hand is removed you can see that the handles are set in the MM position. Not sure if thats good enough. So borrowing my bros fancy camera to firstly try and get the picture clearer (better quality) and secondly to remember to get my hand out of the damn way!

Ive found that its best if the witness just witnesses! Unless they are shit hot with a camera then its best to just keep the camera stationary on a high platform and move the gripper to the lense.

Tonight

Did 5 MM set #3 closes

RB260 overcrush

5 sets

Elite attempts

5 sets

#4 Negs

10 sets

Looking good George...MMO will be yours. Glad to see some OC's in there..

Had another go with the camera tonight. I sorted out the lighting and I got the footage alright apart from the fact that my setting hand gets in the way of the camera when I set the thing.Then when my setting hand is removed you can see that the handles are set in the MM position. Not sure if thats good enough. So borrowing my bros fancy camera to firstly try and get the picture clearer (better quality) and secondly to remember to get my hand out of the damn way!

Ive found that its best if the witness just witnesses! Unless they are shit hot with a camera then its best to just keep the camera stationary on a high platform and move the gripper to the lense.

Tonight

Did 5 MM set #3 closes

RB260 overcrush

5 sets

Elite attempts

5 sets

#4 Negs

10 sets

MM0 will be yours good job on the MM set #3 closes buddy, keep going :cool