• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geo

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Skiing in Italy. Skiing is very good for the grippers! :D I suppose its because of the amount of squatting you do - working the biggest muscle groups.

I did 2 workouts - one on Monday and one on Thursday. I brought with me my most "expendible!" grippers namely my Super Elite and my filed 3. Wasnt sure if it was going to be OK to bring these in my luggage. The Super Elite is a great gripper and I am glad I took it with me as I am always tempted to shoot straight for the 4 when going for the heavier grippers. Did some good stuff with the Super Elite, however I got a nice PR with my filed 3.

Closed the sucker with a MM set! only for a second but I felt the handles touch.

Workouts went something like this.

Filed #3 MM set

5 sets

Super Elite

7 sets - attempts with a forced close and a slow release

Not so much time tonight. Just bought some furniture.

Filed HG250 - TNS

couple of closes

TNS - severely filed HG300

4 sets - got 3 reps out of one of em.

Knackered going to sleep now

Not so much time tonight. Just bought some furniture.

Filed HG250 - TNS

couple of closes

TNS - severely filed HG300

4 sets - got 3 reps out of one of em.

Knackered going to sleep now

nice gripping bro

Where'd you go skiing in Italy Geo?

Just got back from Skiing in Italy. Skiing is very good for the grippers! :D I suppose its because of the amount of squatting you do - working the biggest muscle groups.

I did 2 workouts - one on Monday and one on Thursday. I brought with me my most "expendible!" grippers namely my Super Elite and my filed 3. Wasnt sure if it was going to be OK to bring these in my luggage. The Super Elite is a great gripper and I am glad I took it with me as I am always tempted to shoot straight for the 4 when going for the heavier grippers. Did some good stuff with the Super Elite, however I got a nice PR with my filed 3.

Closed the sucker with a MM set! only for a second but I felt the handles touch.

Workouts went something like this.

Filed #3 MM set

5 sets

Super Elite

7 sets - attempts with a forced close and a slow release

Good job on closing your filed #3 with a MM set :cool Keep going your definitely mastering that #3 now for the future...your lucky I don't want to file my #3's :cry

Thanks BigT! Yeah it felt a bit naughty filing the 3 but Ive kept my original 2004 #3 in good shape. Its the new chrome #3 that I filed and I dont like the chrome look so it didnt feel as bad - Made it a bit more rugged looking with the corner cut off!

Good session again today after an awesome squat workout. Put 280kg on my back for the first time for some quarter squats. Woo Hoo!

Elite attempts

5 sets -

RB260 - 3 no set attempts 2 overcrushes

#3 - strap hold for time with 1kg on a lifting strap - Never done that before.

Super Elite - 5 attempts with a forced close

#4 Negatives

10 sets -

Mixing my training up and also not going for the super wide set every time is paying off big time for me.

Couldnt train grip at the weekend I had visitors up.

Trained today and I got a a clip for Mash monster level 0. Its not the widest set close Ive done but the first that isnt too bad on camera. Its definately easier to have the camera set down on a surface and bring the gripper to the camera rather than have the witness use their photographic skills to try and capture the moment.

3 closes

RB overcrushes

3 sets

Elite

7 attempts

Super Elite

3 negs

6 negs

Got a PL comp in March so been training for that.

Got a decent camera off someone and did some MMset closes.

8 sets with the #3 MM set then going wider.

2 elite attempts

2 #4 negs

Tried some more MM0 stuff for the camera tonight. Going to send this one off to Wanna. C-Bert was my witness.

Heres tonights workout

#3 MM set

2 sets

CC set attempts

2 attempts

RB 260 Overcrushes

4 sets

Elite

4 attempts

#4 negatives

7 sets

Video is too blury! Need a better camera! The best clip I got was of a narrowish set close,MM set. I might upload that to my gallery as I wanted to get one of the wider set closes on camera for MM0 cert.

4 wide set #3 closes

3 Elite attempts

3 reps on the 3 to finish.

Training hard for this powerlifitng comp in March, which is going really well.

Video is too blury! Need a better camera! The best clip I got was of a narrowish set close,MM set. I might upload that to my gallery as I wanted to get one of the wider set closes on camera for MM0 cert.

4 wide set #3 closes

3 Elite attempts

3 reps on the 3 to finish.

Training hard for this powerlifitng comp in March, which is going really well.

Nice workout, and hope you get your MM0 to pass. Also let us know how your new grippers go and good luck preparing for your powerlifting comp next month :rock

Hey BigT! Thanks for your support, I really appreciate the input. I do this log for myself really, however when I have someone consistantly pop by and add in a good comment or question here and there Its a nice boost. Cheers mate!

Im not sure Im going to be able to get the MM0 with the camera technology that I have at my disposal at present! Its just too grainy when I close it the handles look all grainy on a close up and you cant see if its closed or not. Maybe in really good daylight it would be OK,but I train at night so looks like Im going to be buying a cam corder in 6 weeks. Got to save up first!

Powerlifting is going good at the mo. My bench is back where it was before I moved/changed jobs and it went to pot a bit. My squat is on the way up and my deadlift, well id rather not say about that at the moment-except that it needs more work!

Going to add in a few more no sets as I like these.

#3 Wide set close - 4 sets + 1 no set

Elite - 3 attempts

RB260 No set attempts

5 sets - got pretty close on the first two!

Super Elite Negs - This felt tough tonight!

2 sets

#4 negs

5 sets