Georges Training Log

Geo

I have decided to jot down my training log here.

My plan is to get certified ASAP on the 3. I first closed the 3 in February and am still trying for mastery of the damn thing. I did close the 3 last week with what I would estimate to be a credit card set- but obviously its necessary to slip the card in the gap to check. So thats what this is all about.

I am following a plan loosely based on a sort of Kinney workout without the secret weapon or plate loaded grip machine.

Heres my arsenal of weapons.

Store bought gripper

HG200

HG250 filed

HG300 filed

RB260

No 2

No 3

No 4

ISG 2 springs

I train heavy 2 times a week at the moment with a optional light day with not as many sets. Tuesday Heavy -Saturday Heavy- Thursday light stuff Maybe

Ive been building up the sets for about 3 weeks now from what I was doing before so Ive had time to adjust to the increased volume (slightly)Ive had a slight set back in that last week I took a big chunk of skin off the palm of my hand and last workout (Saturday) I had to train with the ISG so as not to open up the cut even more with the knurling on grippers.

I will post my last workout with the ISG which I did on Saturday.

All sets are Negatives with a 3 second hold at the top of the movement then a slow release. I had to wear gloves for this workout as the cut on my right hand was dragging against the ISG.

Warm up

Spring 1 =12

Spring 2 = 1

=211lbs

X 10 Negatives

Spring 1=12

Spring 2 = 7

=285lbs

x20 Negatives

Spring 1=12

Spring 2=8

303lbs

X20 Negatives

Hands fried after this workout. Did a hot cold bath straight away then used dexterity balls.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geo

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

1 No 3 close set in a wide choker

Then 1 close with filed HG300

repeat

adding help towards the later sets to get closure

total 30 sets

ISG

Spring 1 =12

Spring 2 =7

285lbs

X15

Still getting over slight case of food poisoning from Saturday night :trout

Still not feeling 100% but on the mend!

Just a short workout today.

RH = Right Hand

LH = Left Hand

No3

All done in a wide hose clamp

RH choker 1 rep

LH Choker 1 rep

RH choker 2reps! PR

LH choker 1 rep

RH Choker 1Rep

LH Choker 0.9 rep!

Filed HG 300 Close

LH &RH

2 sets

hg 200 15 reps

No2 5reps

More small PR's today :D

#3 Wide choker closes

RH 2.8 reps

LH 2 reps

RH 3 reps PR

LH 1.5 reps

RH 2 Reps

LH 1rep

RH 1 rep

LH 0.8 rep

RH 1 Rep

LH 0.8 rep

RH 2 reps

LH 1rep

RH 1 rep

LH 1 rep

RH 1 rep

LH 1 rep

RH 1 rep

LH 1 rep

RH 1 rep

LH 1 rep

RB260 Negatives -Felt very easy

10 sets

Filed HG300

15 sets

ISG

Spring 1 = 12

Spring 2 = 9

10 sets

Hands felt strong today. Training went well.

No grip training last night. No time. Organising my house move, new job etc.

Did regular powerlifting training tonight. Grip train tomorrow.

Well the first time ive been able to get to some sort of workout has been today - saturday. Been so busy havent had time to scratch!

Did a short crappy workout today. :(

R 1

L 1

R 2

L 1

R 1

L 1

From here I got pissed off with my hands not doing what I wanted them to do so I added some forced reps after the first 1-2 reps.

R 5

L 4

R 5

L 3

R 5

L 3

R 5

L 3

R 5

L 5

R 8

L 7

R 5

L 4

R 3

L 3

Had to leave it at that today as I had to paint the kitchen.

Gonna set fire to that gripper next time! :flame

I have decided to jot down my training log here.

My plan is to get certified ASAP on the 3. I first closed the 3 in February and am still trying for mastery of the damn thing. I did close the 3 last week with what I would estimate to be a credit card set- but obviously its necessary to slip the card in the gap to check. So thats what this is all about.

I am following a plan loosely based on a sort of Kinney workout without the secret weapon or plate loaded grip machine.

Heres my arsenal of weapons.

Store bought gripper

HG200

HG250 filed

HG300 filed

RB260

No 2

No 3

No 4

ISG 2 springs

I train heavy 2 times a week at the moment with a optional light day with not as many sets. Tuesday Heavy -Saturday Heavy- Thursday light stuff Maybe

Ive been building up the sets for about 3 weeks now from what I was doing before so Ive had time to adjust to the increased volume (slightly)Ive had a slight set back  in that last week I took a big chunk of skin off the palm of my hand and last workout (Saturday) I had to train with the ISG so as not to open up the cut even more with the knurling on grippers.

I will post my last workout with the ISG which I did on Saturday.

All sets are Negatives with a 3 second hold at the top of the movement then a slow release. I had to wear gloves for this workout as the cut on my right hand was dragging against the ISG.

Warm up

Spring 1 =12

Spring 2 = 1

=211lbs

X 10 Negatives

Spring 1=12

Spring 2 = 7

=285lbs

x20 Negatives

Spring 1=12

Spring 2=8

303lbs

X20 Negatives

Hands fried after this workout.  Did a hot cold bath straight away then used dexterity balls.

Geo I feel you. I closed the #3 first in June and am going for mastery now myself my friend. Keep going, it'll come my friend for both of us :D

Maybe you should start doing ALL of your #3 closes or attempts with the credit card set then. It will help. Otherwise you might get caught with your pants down at the certification. :D

Maybe you should start doing ALL of your #3 closes or attempts with the credit card set then.  It will help.  Otherwise you might get caught with your pants down at the certification. :D

Good Idea Ben

However Ive got it planned. I wanted to get consitent with the slighly smaller set for reps then go onto the cc set.

Im pretty close to that now anyhow,next workout is tomorrow. Got the day off -More decorating and other stuff for house move but definately time for a good bit of grip training.

Thanks for the input! :rock

After Bens Comments the other day I decided to follow his advice in todays workout. I still had the 3 in a choker I just opened it up to credit card width.

Just having the handles that bit more wider proved to be tough workout.

First of all I did a close with the handles narrower than credit card width.

Credit card choker close attempts-

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

Took a longer break stuck some Joe stump on the mp3 player and...

R - 1!!! -but little finger slipped off so I couldnt hold it closed! :angry:

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.8 Little finger slipped off again!

R -0.9

L - 0.7

R -0.7

L - 0.7

R - 0.7

L - 0.6

Then onto Negatives with the 3

8 sets

Negatives with the 4

3sets

Negatives with RB260

Cant believe that it took 8 attempts to get a close! This way seems to be the way to go from now on as the CC width is an awkward SOB as my little finger always wants to slip off the edge of the gripper. Going to order a new 3 tonight for CC attempts without the choker.

Finished workout and did some active recovery by painting the bathroom!

Hey thanks BigT! :rock

Wonder if we will Cert around the same time?

It'd be great if we did man, I can see us doing it this year. Check the log I'm coming along trying to get near you. I didn't get my #3 close till last month though so I've got some time :D

After Bens Comments the other day I decided to follow his advice in todays workout. I still had the 3 in a choker I just opened it up to credit card width.

Just having the handles that bit more wider proved to be tough workout.

First of all I did a close with the handles narrower than credit card width.

Credit card choker close attempts-

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

Took a longer break stuck some Joe stump on the mp3 player and...

R - 1!!! -but little finger slipped off so I couldnt hold it closed! :angry:

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.8 Little finger slipped off again!

R -0.9

L - 0.7

R -0.7

L - 0.7

R - 0.7

L - 0.6

Then onto Negatives with the 3

8 sets

Negatives with the 4

3sets

Negatives with RB260

Cant believe that it took 8 attempts to get a close! This way seems to be the way to go from now on as the CC width is an awkward SOB as my little finger always wants to slip off the edge of the gripper. Going to order a new 3 tonight for CC attempts without the choker.

Finished workout and did some active recovery by painting the bathroom!

Make sure you really brush the gripper clean before every workout, it can help stop that slippage by biting more deeply into your skin.

Hey thanks BigT! :rock

Wonder if we will Cert around the same time?

It'd be great if we did man, I can see us doing it this year. Check the log I'm coming along trying to get near you. I didn't get my #3 close till last month though so I've got some time :D

I am DEFINATELY Certing this year. I bet you will too -looking at your training log.

:rock

Make sure you really brush the gripper clean before every workout, it can help stop that slippage by biting more deeply into your skin.

Thanks Pdoire

4 attempts on #3 with in a choker set to credit card width

Tried slipping the credit card in the gap before the close but felt tricky. None of the attempts closed tonight. :angry:

#2 6reps

HG200 16reps

Dexterity ball stuff

Visiting the folks today and looking for a new house. Trained in the woodshed because of the rain. Great stuff! much more down to earth and worklike than training in the flat at home. Really found I could concentrate.

#3 choker Credit card width

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 1 :rock

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

RB260 close attempts with a narrow set

RB260 Negs

5 sets

HG300 Negs

5 sets

# 3 attempt close and negative

These were done with an attempt at a close then when I couldnt close up the last little bit used a finger of the other hand (or as least amount of help as possible to close.Hold for 3 seconds then slowly release.

15 sets

The last tiny millimetre seems to be the problem in the wide closes. The width of the credit card set feels less awkward as I get used to it. Training felt really good today and definately making progress. Need to get me a woodshed!

Going to buy a RB300 next as well. Theyre sweet!. The 4 is a little too much for where I am at the mo. I can cheat crush it pretty good but to be worthwhile I think something a little easier is the best route to go.

Visiting the folks today and looking for a new house. Trained in the woodshed because of the rain. Great stuff! much more down to earth and worklike than training in the flat at home. Really found I could concentrate.

#3 choker Credit card width

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 1 :rock 

L  - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

RB260 close attempts with a narrow set

RB260 Negs

5 sets

HG300 Negs

5 sets

# 3 attempt close and negative

These were done with an attempt at a close then when I couldnt close up the last little bit used a finger of the other hand (or as least amount of help as possible to close.Hold for 3 seconds then slowly release.

15 sets

The last tiny millimetre seems to be the problem in the wide closes. The width of the credit card set feels less awkward as I get used to it. Training felt really good today and definately making progress. Need to get me a woodshed!

Going to buy a RB300 next as well. Theyre sweet!. The 4 is a little too much for where I am at the mo. I can cheat crush it pretty good but to be worthwhile I think something a little easier is the best route to go.

Great job buddy, getting the #3 at CC width in a choker. Using a RB 300 for negatives might not be a bad idea, it will give you stricter negatives which should give you some more strength my friend, keep going :rock

Great job buddy, getting the #3 at CC width in a choker. Using a RB 300 for negatives might not be a bad idea, it will give you stricter negatives which should give you some more strength my friend, keep going :rock

Cheers. I ordered a new 3 the other day so I can still keep my current 3 in a choker at CC width and then use the new one to do some "proper" attempts wiothout the choker.

I might have a look at the beefbuilders as well as the HG300- I havent tried those before and they have a good range of strengths.

Without using expletives I can say that this was one of the worst workouts ever :angry:

Not a single close at CC width in the choker. Got my new 3 today with shiny chrome look spring. Seems similar in strength to my current 3 creeks a bit though -needs a bit of oil.

Hands felt really weak especially in the wide position. Maybe Ive been grip training in my sleep!

Credit card choker attempts

R - 0.8

L - 0.6

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.6

R - 0.6

R - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.6

R - 0.8

L - 0.6

R - 0.8

L - 0.6

R - 0.7

L - 0.6

R - 0.7

L - 0.6

#3 Negatives

13 sets

tore skin off little finger :angry:

ISG

Spring 1 - 12

Srping 2 - 7

2 sets

Spring 1 - 12

Spring 2 - 8

3 sets

Spring 1 - 12

Spring 2 - 9

5 sets

Dexterity ball stuff

Oil and season the new gripper it will become more reliably the same strength.

Nice going G, i got a #3 that creeks a lot. Just some WD40 baby!!