• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geo

• BigT

• pdoire

• DuTCH

Top Posters In This Topic

Decimal....8/10...or 7/10's of the way....

Hands are raw.

#3 CC attempts

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

Elite Negs

9 sets

Super Elite Negs

9 Sets

#4 Negs

9 sets

Decided its time to increase the workload now. Im getting annoyed at getting a 0.8 of a close or at best a 0.9. So gonna change the angle of training a little. More negatives and harder grippers. The Elite and the Super Elite are now some of my fave grippers and this session I did 1 Elite neg then a Super Elite neg then a #4 neg and repeated the sequence.

Hands are raw.

#3 CC attempts

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

Elite Negs

9 sets

Super Elite Negs

9 Sets

#4 Negs

9 sets

Decided its time to increase the workload now. Im getting annoyed at getting a 0.8 of a close or at best a 0.9. So gonna change the angle of training a little. More negatives and harder grippers. The Elite and the Super Elite are now some of my fave grippers and this session I did 1 Elite neg then a Super Elite neg then a #4 neg and repeated the sequence.

Like the plan, it sounds good :happy

Thanks BigT

Got back late from visiting friends for the weekend. My ring finger on my right hand has a big split in it so I couldnt do much tonight.

5 closes at just wider than parallel. First one I threw in a nice "grind" of the gripper which was fun to watch the #3 suffer! :D

4 CC assisted closes

Need to get some super glue maybe to seal the split up.

Edited by Geo

My thats a nasty split in my finger. Ive never had a split in my skin so deep. It kept on opening up on Tuesday so I superglued it together and that has worked OK. It was still too painful to train grippers with though :angry: . Gonna try it tomorrow night. I cant complain though - at least its not a bruised tendon or some other proper pain in the ass injury.

Edited by Geo

With the rest you will come back even stronger...don't worry..let it heal!!

Woah! Nearly there. I took my grippers into the gym today to train with just after my squats. It seems to work very well. Today my 3 was on the way to feeling more like a 2!...However I didnt quite close it with the credit card set - got to a couple of mil from closing. However the attempts today were the best yet and it feels close to closure on this S.O.B.

The split in the finger has all but healed up , even so I took it easy today in terms of volume.

#3 CC set

R - 0.99 - the gripper kind of twisted to the side

L - 0.8

R - 0.99 twisted again.

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

1 elite neg

1 super elite neg

#3 CC set

R - 0.8

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.7

L - 0.8

R - 0.7

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

Elite Negs

5 sets

Super Elite Negs

5 sets

Very busy weekend.Just about squeezed a small gripper session in.

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.8

R - 0.9

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.7

R - 0.8

L - 0.8

Elite negs

2 sets

Super Elite negs

2 sets

RB260

2 closes

No time to post my gripper training on last night so heres tuesdays workout.

Ive decided that as I am so close I will just write down the number of attempts instead of how close to closing - until I get a close and then I will say -of course :D

Tuesday

#3 CC set

10 attempts each hand

Also 2 attempts where I forced closed and held closed with the other hand to assist for 10 seconds.

3 elite negs

3 super elite negs

All I had time for on Tuesday.

Wednesday

So I hit the grippers today after my squats.

#3 CC set

10 attempts

Edited by Geo

Looking good George!!

I see 2 RB260 closes!! Those are harder than most 3's!! Was that a MM set for those?

Thanks! :D

Yes Paul a MM set was used for the RB260 closes. Ive closed it before though - a little while back in my log I think. its a great gripper (must use it more and not just my Elite and Super Elite) I am going to start using it for Credit card set closes as this will ramp up the intensity a little.

I would put my RB260 at a 3.1. Ive got 2 #3's and its definately harder than both of those - but just a bit.

Edited by Geo

Biggest problem at the moment seems to be keeping the skin on my hands! I work with lime at work now and then and it completely kills the moisture in my hands - making the skin liable to tear when combined with gripper training. Anyway enough whining...

#3 CC set attempts

10 sets

RB260 CC set attempts

5 sets

Elite Negs

5 sets

Super Elite negs

5 sets

I hear you George. I just ripped the callous off on a RB60 close myself.

Posted a video of me closing the RB300N. Take a look when you get a chance. I am whining with ya!!!

Hands seem to be completely fried lately. Ive been using a hand chisel at work now for two weeks all day long and it has completely destroyed my ability to do longer workouts with grippers! I did 5 attempts on Saturday and my hands said "enough!" The first 3 attempts were very good. Also training for a PL comp next week so been a bit distracted, enough excuses...

#3 cc set

10 attempts

Elite CC set attempts and forced closed

3 sets

Hands seem to be completely fried lately. Ive been using a hand chisel at work now for two weeks all day long and it has completely destroyed my ability to do longer workouts with grippers! I did 5 attempts on Saturday and my hands said "enough!" The first 3 attempts were very good. Also training for a PL comp next week so been a bit distracted, enough excuses...

#3 cc set

10 attempts

Elite CC set attempts and forced closed

3 sets

Geo keep going, you'll get those CC sets w/ the #3 soon ;)

Got a PL meet this weekend so been concentrating on squatting. Been really busy with my house sale as well - reason I missed watching the Champion of Champions contest.

Sunday after squatting.

10 attempts

Couple of negs with Elite and Super Elite

Monday

5 attempts

Got a PL meet this weekend so been concentrating on squatting. Been really busy with my house sale as well - reason I missed watching the Champion of Champions contest.

Sunday after squatting.

10 attempts

Couple of negs with Elite and Super Elite

Monday

5 attempts

Keep at it Geo CC closes will be on the way by dinner for ya one of these days :laugh