Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Mobster, you're more knowledgable than I could dream of being..... but I just have to ask the same thing as Jose! It seems ALL you do is single attempts. From my little experience reading what other people do, there is always some assisting lifts.... like, close-grip bench to regular bench, or deadlift variations to regular deadlift, or cleans and stuff to snatches or whatever...... Then, I'm sure you know of some "assisting lifts" for a gripper close..?? I wont insult you by listing any method, but there are tons! Who knows, maybe one of them could help you nail that #4?

Monday

Pullover machine

12p x 8 reps,m 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 35-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 61.25-kilos e/s x 1, x 1, x missed rep

Partials (GN rack so different height)

61.25-kilos x 3 reps, 75-kilos e/s x 3 x 1 reps (last one easy)

Leg press

0 x 8 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 480-kilos x 8 reps (had more in me)

Leg Ext

120-kilos / stack x 8 reps, then 80-kilos x 6 reps a leg, then stack x negs (two legs up on leg lowering) x 6 reps plus 3 x stack

Leg Curl

worked to 50-kilos x 8 reps in three sets

Bwt

19st 11lbs

Wednesday

Hamstrings still stiff (training them on Monday after the Sunday effort helped ha ha), upper back stiff, triceps stiff n sore. So it goes.

2HP

Bothered me a little with the inability to pull the 90-kilo disc the other day but that's 67mm and the set up I use is 44mm so... anyway worked to:

90.5-kilos x 8 x 1 reps

Supersetted last few singles on 2HP with

Tricep Pressdown

45-kilos x 5 x 8 reps

Wednesday pm

Grippers

L/H: BBGM x to 6 x 1a

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 3-4 x 1 and then 2-3 x 1/4+ on CoC 4

2H Grip machine

to a hard 157.5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

1H Grip machine

to 56.25-kilos x 2 x 1 and then taking weight off couldn't even do 50-kilos.

No time for dumbbell work

Sunday

Today Louis (gymnation) and I did the ''add one inch to your arm in 24-hours'' routine. There have been a few articles on the mags over the years and I checked the net and saw a few versions but we stuck with MMI Dec 05's article version.

Insane...

Basically you train 1 routine on the hour and another, similar, routine on the half hour.

Routine 1

EZ bar curls 3 x 8-10

Tricep Pressdown 3 x 8-10

Routine 2

Preacher curls using the low row pulley 3 x 8-10

Overhead tricep extension 3 x 8-10

We cocked up because we could have done just two sets on routine 2 but by the time we noticed we were three sessions in. Slightly more sensible was taping our arms at the beginning. Louis's right upper arm taped (cold) at a gnats ball under 17.75-inches and I was a gnats ball over 18.5-inches. We'd also brought snacks (shakes, bananas etc). So off we went.

The first three rounds (two of 1 and one of 2) gave us a nice pump and Louis managed 16" and a little and I was about 19 dead. We'd stated at 9.30am and the mag said 'you'll hit the wall about 2ish'. Hmm. I felt a little teeny bit of a wall a little earlier and this seemed to get denser and thicker the more I carried on. I think my wall was pretty much 12 to 4pm and then a new wall came along to carry me to the end at 1730 and session 17!!

The pump pretty much went after the third session and didn't really come back and as per the mag 'flexing' became a concept and not a reality (''your arms will feel like mush''). At times I found myself laughing at the stupidity of what we were doing to ourselves.

I started with 20-kilos a side of the EZ bar and by the end was down to 10. Pressdowns started at 40-kilos and ended up as 30-kilos (mind you I only took the last 5 kilos off 2 sessions from the end). Overheads dropped from 25-kilos to 20-kilos and Preacher bench cable curls I think I dropped 5-kilos off. Reps were at 10 to begin with but about 5 workouts in I stayed at 8 and didn't move from there for the rest of the day.

I also found, as I think Louis did (cos he got quiet too) that we might chat a little during (do the rep, how you feeling? etc) the work but once 2pm passed we'd pretty much just sit their quietly for the first few minutes after each workout.

Louis trains his arms about as often as I do and so we did round about 6 months worth of workouts in 1 day. I ate nonstop crap and farted for England both during and between sets. I'd part cooked some real food v early in the morning and finished that when I got in and started to feel a little better.

I dare not think how sore I'll be tomorrow or whenever but I did try a proper flex and my right arm cramped up. Don't do that - it hurts.

Please god let the insanity be worth it...

sounds like an interesting 24 hours, not sure i could get anyone to that with me, as if i would want to try it :blink , but im interested to know about the aftermath

Impressively insane. I'd venture that you're in for some terribly sore arms. Best regards for the success of this, and :bow to the mental strength of getting through it!!!

So far no real soreness, although ALL of me feels 'worked out'. And... I've just taped my arms and the right upper arm flexed etc (as before) is a tad under 1/2-inch bigger!!

Wednesday

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 6 reps

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 500-kilos x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 61.25-kilos e/s x 3 x 1 reps

partials: 140-kilos, 160-kilos, 180-kilos all x 1 rep, tried 200 and then 190 but all done.

BWT: 19st 10lbs / 276lbs

Friday

Rolling Thunder

using heavy loading pin and newer handle (12lbs??) started at:

B/H: +45-kilos for 6 reps, +75-kilos x 3 reps, +90-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: tried 95-kilos got 0 reps Dropped weight and did a hold with 75-kilos

R/H: 95-kilos x 1 rep,m then a touch n go rep with 100-kilos, another missed rep. Dropped weight and did a hold with 90-kilos

Tricep Pressdown and pushdown

stack (105lbs) x 8 reps, then worked to 30-kilos on stack (2-3 sets) x 8 reps, changed to pushdowns and worked to 50-kilos on stack x 8 reps

2HP @ 70mm

equ (13.6-kilos) plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep (83.6-kilos total), plus 80-kilos x 0 reps and dropped back to 70-kilos x 0 reps

Bwt

19st 9lbs / 275lbs

Sunday

Numbers a little off due to being 'off plan' most of the last 10 or so days but it's annoying so no frivolity and fluff - on plan - hit targets!

Grippers

Off the most

L/H: to BBGM x 3-4 x 1a reps

R/H: to BBE x 3-4 x 1 reps :(

Dumbbell work

L/H: 82.5-kilos x 2-3 x 1 reps

R/H: 105-kilos x 2-3 x 1 reps

Spent more time setting up than lifting and did not note reps

2H grip machine (only - no one hand)

40-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 120-kilos x 6 reps, 155-kilos x missed rep,m dropped to 150-kilos x 1 rep and back up to 155-kilos x 1 rep

Tuesday

CG Bench (max weight sets super-setted with rows)

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps (lighter weight chosen for form - ie: as before the more singles I do the better the form and the better/stronger I get)

DB Rows

50-kilos x 8 reps @, 60-kilos x 8 reps @ and then 70-kilos (heaviest they have) x 6 reps@

Triceps (press and pushdowns)

stack x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, stack plus 45-kilos x 6 reps then switched to pushdowns for a further 6 reps. Final set 45-kilos x 16 reps pushdown.

Arm workout update:

1) Louis was seen only once in GN since. Apparently legs like jelly. So much so he was staggering around and bumped his head. Since then nothing. I shouldn't laugh but.... :D It was obviously faaaarrrr too much he he

2) I gained the huge amount of one 1/4 of an inch. So the right upper arm flexed but without any pump is 18.75-inches. Not too sure if 17 workouts etc in one day was quite worth it.

Mdb Farmers Walk by John Wood - did not happen. :angry:

If anyone wants to discuss it feel free to do so on one of my other forums.

Edited by mobsterone

Thursday

Viking Press

equ x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 8 reps, plus 60-kilos x 3 +1 loose rep, x 3 reps, x 3 reps

EZ Curl

+20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 40-kilos x 6 reps, plus 60-kilos x 4 hard reps (again time off)

V-Bar pulldowns (for fun)

70-kilos x 8 reps strict, 90-kilos x 8 reps strict, plus 110-kilos x 3 reps (too heavy so stopped)

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 4 reps (held back - could have done more). First set made shoulders ache like a bitch (see press??)

Saturday

Grippers - light / volume

L/H: to 240ip x 12 x 1 reps (missed 2 which were VVN)

R/H: BBE x 12 x 1 reps

V-Bar - test session for percentages

B/H: 45, 75, 105, 135-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H: missed 150-kilos x 2 attempts

R/H: stopped at 150-kilos

Bwt: 19st 13lbs / 279lbs on GN scale

Monday

CG Bench

was on fire today

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 60-kilos, 61.25-kilos, 62.5-kilos, 65-kilos a side (150-kilos total) x 1 rep each. Tried but bottomed out in track with 66.25-kilos. First three heavy singles all felt light - really - like a lot less than they were.

Leg Press

Started super setting this with the heavy bench sets

0-kilos x 12 reps a leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 6 reps, 505-kilos x 4 reps

V-Bar pulldowns

Used two machines as first could not hold enough weight and 2nd was MUCH harder to use.

Stack (15p) x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, tried putting 10-kilos on but was too iffy so... 2nd machine much harder as above and so ended up doing 13p x 6 tough reps

Bwt: 19st 10.5lbs

Wednesday at unit

waiting on delivery etc

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 73-kilos x 1 rep, plus 73.5-kilos x 5 x 1 rep

R/Thunder

worked to single max's (not recorded)** then dropped to 85-kilos x 8 reps R/H and 80-kilos x 3 and then 75-kilos x 4-5 reps (weight does not inc pin etc)

Tricep Pressdown

Supersetted with RT work

10-kilos x 8 reps, 20-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps, 37.5-kilos x 8 reps, 45-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 55-kilos x 7 reps

** workout interrupted by visit from local police re possible youth project work at the unit and other stuff. Took 15-20 mins so cooled down a little. May have done more / better without cooldown.

Friday

Grippers

L/H: to BBGM x VVN, 1a, VVNa, 1, 1a, 1a, 1 reps

R/H: to BBE x 4 x 1 reps, CoC 3.5 x 4 x VVN (annoyingly off)

Thick handled dumbbell

L/H: 82.-kilos x 2 x 1 and then 1 x 2 reps :)

R/H: 105-kilos x 2 x 1 and then 1 x 2 reps :)

Grip Machine

2H

40-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 120-kilos x 6 reps, 153.75-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (not 100% if they all touched at top)

1H

30-kilos x 6 reps, 40-kilos x 6 reps, 50-kilos x 4 reps R/H: 0 x L/H

Sunday

CG Bench - groove session

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 60-kilos a side x 6 x 1 reps - all easy and I could have down more.

1 arm row (used Nytram low row cable machine)

stack (15p) x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 6 reps, plus 35-kilos x 6 reps

Tricep pressdown (as above)

stack (15p) x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 6 reps, plus 35-kilos x 6 reps

Bwt 19st 10lbs (276 at GN and 275 at unit)