Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Nice - 5 singles on a 3.5 is strong. I wish my light days involved more 3.5 closes, lol.

Ahh now I've moved from on off BBSE and onto near closes with the 4 a 3.5 should be easy - at least by comparison. I also shut it again later for Mike Daly.

Hope you don't mind this question: what would you estimate the set was, on those #3.5 closes? Furthermore, have you ever tried to CCS it? (I guess not), if not, do you think you'd be very far?

If I had a nickel for everytime you ask a question I'd be a very rich man :tongue

Anyway, very nice workouts Steve. Looking strong :rock

Nice - 5 singles on a 3.5 is strong. I wish my light days involved more 3.5 closes, lol.

Ahh now I've moved from on off BBSE and onto near closes with the 4 a 3.5 should be easy - at least by comparison. I also shut it again later for Mike Daly.

I still find my #3.5 very hard and can rarely get it - the sweep on it causes me to run out of steam early. I prefer my old #4 - quite narrow so the sweep doesn't take all my energy.

I'll bring my #4 up with me on Friday - i think you'll probably close it.

Hope you don't mind this question: what would you estimate the set was, on those #3.5 closes? Furthermore, have you ever tried to CCS it? (I guess not), if not, do you think you'd be very far?

Send $1.00 per question via paypal to....

CCS no. I do set it a little but nothing like 20mm, parallel or MMS style. I can and have CCS'd my own 3 but guess my sets are about 30-35mm typically on the harder grippers (I think a CCS is about 40-45mm). I TNS all the warm up grippers upto a 3 in my right hand and HG300 left hands.

I think if I CCS'd the 3.5 I'd be about 1/4 inch off.

I have to say because I am aiming for higher grippers and do multiple singles when I am 'on' or in zone I get every one on other days, as per my log, it's all VVN or 3-5mm or better. Based on knowing what I can do etc I'd say a CCS'd 3.5 is possible for me but I'd do very little after on that day. I've just got off MSN with Nick who's nagging me about some more gripper specialization work. We will see.

I've just got off MSN with Nick who's nagging me about some more gripper specialization work. We will see.

Ah, Nick knows exactly what he wants!! To see you certing on the No. 4 !!!

If I send $1 per question, then the answer must be at least 2 pages long, and not talking crap, but talking serious stuff related to the question, it must include at least 4 pictures (or one video, if it's over a minute) showing stuff and exaplaining with all details, and everytime you state your weight in here, you'll either use pounds or kilograms, but none of that "stones" nonsense, ok? :mosher

Friday pm session @ unit

Played around with both Nick and my grip machines to see if I could do some 'close' work. Settled on mine and worked to 100-kilos for 5-6 reps then dropped to 90-kilos for 2 x 5 rep sets. I was trying thumb over and under, two hands up one down and so on.

Sunday

Bench press (prioritizing principle)

20-kilos a side x 12 reps, 27.5-kilos a side x 10 reps, 35-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side (60% max) x 8 reps - all good n solid :D

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 8 hard reps

Pullover machine

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack (20) + 21.25-kilos x 6 reps

Bwt: 19st 9+ lbs / 275lbs (highest this week was 276.5lbs

Nice.

Mob, are your shoulders feeling in shape to attempt to bend an IM red if i bring one up on Friday?

Hi Steve. Thanks for showing my son and myself around your gym and letting us try some of the toys! Very nice setup you have down there. The 3.5 close was amazing to see, with very little set, then a pause, then grinding it shut!! reminded me of the way Joe Kinney closed the no4. Very impressive!! Thanks again Michael.

Nice.

Mob, are your shoulders feeling in shape to attempt to bend an IM red if i bring one up on Friday?

No. I don't do any real bending nor have I outside of competition for many a year. I'm also focused on doing the 180-kilo bench and might well hurt myself going for a red. Even when I was bending regularly I was only ever close in terms of strength once or twice.

Hi Steve. Thanks for showing my son and myself around your gym and letting us try some of the toys! Very nice setup you have down there. The 3.5 close was amazing to see, with very little set, then a pause, then grinding it shut!! reminded me of the way Joe Kinney closed the no4. Very impressive!! Thanks again Michael.

It was a pleasure. For those reading my log this is Mike Daly the 1st British CoC and I thought his son was his training partner - big lad :D They set off from home at 3.30am and arrived 1020ish and still ended up playing with weights, blobs, Inch etc for an hour... :online

this is Mike Daly the 1st British CoC and I thought his son was his training partner - big lad :D They set off from home at 3.30am and arrived 1020ish and still ended up playing with weights, blobs, Inch etc for an hour... :online

So what you're saying is: Viper has no excuse?

LOL, err no he does not. These two came from Fife in Scotland as a favour to Al Christie to collect two dumbbells. So 'it's further than I thought' doesn't cut it eh? :whistel

Tuesday

Grippers - 'heavy' day today

L/H: BBGM x 1A (assisted), then VVN, VVN, VVN, VVN

R/H: CoC 4 x 0 (nowt to give) then VN, VN, VN, N, N

Grip Machine

Used both

Nicks 1st - all reps one handed using gripper style machine and set so last 10mm or less work only - ie: close

20-kilos x 6 reps @, 40-kilos x 6 reps @. 50-kilos x 5 reps @, 60-kilos x 0 (too heavy)

My IM machine - all reps done as partials for last 3/4-inch (put blocks of wood and weights under loaded weights to raise starting point) and two handed with thumb over

40-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 120-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x shit (too big a jump too soon) so dropped to 130-kilos x 3 reps, 135-kilos x 3 reps, then 140-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Dumbbells

warm up with baby Inch only - due to above had flabbergastenpoopy all to give - may do later or drop in drive to do 4 til xmas

Steve, what are you training Friday?

Even if Viper doesn't show i'd still like to come up and train.

Steve, what are you training Friday?

Even if Viper doesn't show i'd still like to come up and train.

Nothing. As per I train every other day and so will be training Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this week. Thursday I'm down to do pinch and my 1st session of the second 'week' on the Bench Press program. Saturday I'm down for Grippers etc again (same as today). But I do need a day between those so can either delay Thursdays and do that when I see you or do bugger all so as to be able to go full pelt Saturday (if I do pinch properly then I'll be off with no rest when it comes to grippers).

Delay thursday's mate - i'll spot you on the bench on Fri. Because of work there aren't any other days i can make it up. Maybe you could do Saturday's grippers then aswell, i'll bring my #4 up for you to have another shot at it? I doubt the pinch will be affected if you do grippers first.

Edited by CoC#3

Cool. Keep in mind I am hoping to be dispatching some orders via DHL that day as well - if we are busy enough.

Tuesday pm

Thick handled dumbbell work

B/H: Baby Inch x 3 reps @

L/H: 80-kilos (plates alone) x 1, x 1, x 1, x 0, x 1, x 1

R/H: 97.5-kilos (as above) x 1, x 1, x 1, x 0, x 1, x 1

Pallet drags

3 x reverse (facing towards pallet) and 2 times forward. Tried a 3rd forward pull but had nothing about 2/3rd's of the way round.

friday is the only day i can make it too, but i will be there - i wanna lift the inch! it was my 21st yesterday, so that would be a slightly late, but very welcome present! my RT numbers say it wont happen, but ive been on a mission since last week, i did 8 grip days in a row >ive worked the roller hard an managed to add 15k to it, im hoping that will give me more of a chance, would be happy to get some air

i would think you'll close that #4

With that in mind do no more grip work this week and you'll be raring to go Friday.

With that in mind do no more grip work this week and you'll be raring to go Friday.

yep, definately no more now, i probably trained too much already, but my hands/forearms will be living in ice for the next couple days, an i will attempt to drink an enitre tub of whey protein

Grip Machine

Used both

Nicks 1st - all reps one handed using gripper style machine and set so last 10mm or less work only - ie: close

20-kilos x 6 reps @, 40-kilos x 6 reps @. 50-kilos x 5 reps @, 60-kilos x 0 (too heavy)

My IM machine - all reps done as partials for last 3/4-inch (put blocks of wood and weights under loaded weights to raise starting point) and two handed with thumb over

40-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 120-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x shit (too big a jump too soon) so dropped to 130-kilos x 3 reps, 135-kilos x 3 reps, then 140-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Those are big weights to move with just hand strength! Especially after serious gripper work! :blink . If you don't mind a question or two, is your IM grip machine the pinch one, or one of the others. Also, if you don't mind... clearly since you are using them they are good for training on, but do you find that strength gained from the machines carries over to other tests of strength/exercises quite well and is preferable? ~Jw