Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

There's talk of no water for 14 days now (just repeated on the news) and with it being very difficult to get in and out of the county due to the roads being flooded it will indeed be interesting. I've just opened all the bins in our yard cos they and the few empty pots over there can have their water used to flush the toilet. I can also reuse washing up water again in the same way. I deffo have enough t-shirts to last me 14 days not so sure about pants though... :whacked I shall enjoy even more than usual the next long soak in the bath. As it is now I am starting to smell and its only been a day ha ha.

I also brought some canned goods (I can cook on gas or eat them as they come) and may buy some more tomorrow. I think I have enough water to last me if need be.

We had a fair amount of flooding but thankfully the potable water in Swindon is not effected - guess it does pay off to live in a reasonably high altitude area.

Going to be bad again on Wednesday according to some reports, won't need much more rain as the ground is so sodden.

Just back from a meeting (committee for Barton Fayre - we will pull the fire tender there) and suggested adding a 'now the rains over' type aspect to the fayre as it'll be in September. It's pouring down and no sign of the lads training - pussies he he :tongue

Me on the other hand, what with living 50 yards away, had a go at a 2nd 2HP session this time at 44mm (between 5 and 6pm). I managed 3 x 91.25-kilos at the end but obviously this mornings session was enough.

If all else fails, nail a few boards across your big tyre out front and you are golden! Paddle around with a keg of brandy around your neck and start rescuing people!

Just picked up my free case of Malvern water (24 x 500ml) being given away at Asda car park. I was in and out in under 2 minutes but it was borderline chaos with the idiots bringing their cars and getting the whole family to get a case each etc etc. Cars parked outside and so blocked the small street. I can see it getting messy.

If it carries on I'd suggest some more organized system. As it is I filled up pots, tubs and pans days ago (not the bath as some did as my plus there is missing an rubber o-ring and it'd drained off) and may well have had enough for another couple of days but wanted to keep on top of it in case it gets stupid.

Biggest problem for me as is is not being able to wash my underwear and not having a nice hot bath. But hardly the worse thing ever.

Most of the people I work with Live in Cheltenham, they are in the same boat (no pun intended) as you with the water being off for up to 14 days, unpredictable electric etc. They are buying water in Swindon, showering in the gym next door etc.

Wednesday

Grippers

usual warm ups then

L/H: BBGM x 6 x VVN reps

R/H: BBE x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 4 x VVN reps

W/roller

worked in singles to an attempt at 135-kilos which came up but only a foot.

Flood / water shortage latest: Just back from getting another 12 liters of free water - 1 case each today where as it was 2 cases per household yesterday. It ran out after I picked mine up and people were queuing ready for the next delivery at Asda and at the back of the Vauxhall Tavern where a charity (Red Cross??) were meant to be dropping off. They also put a X in ink on the back of your hand as you picked up the case. Better for that but more water needed.

It does seem as though the water containers - called Bowsers - as well as bottled water have been running out quite early in the day. I picked mine up at 1230'ish and they were down to one pallet.

The supermarkets were limiting the amount you could buy per transaction to £30.00's worth. Baby wipe sales have gone into overdrive and there were huge pallets of them near the tills

Still no water - day three

Still hearing this 14 day crap and we're 3 days in - annoying. Picked up another case of water (24 x 500ml. This, as before, is from yet another company. Bloody TV crew were there again and more police this time but it was actually better organized if not quite so quick - took 30 seconds - yesterday. That said I'm not using the 6-12 litres a day they are giving is. Well I would if I used spring water to flush the toilet or bathed in it but I'm trying to be sensible.

Nick McKinless, who lives a few miles away, has a trickle of water coming through but that's because they are sill connected but have lower pressure because it's being shared among more than usual.

Also even more bowsers have been seen. I saw three being put down on the corner or Barton Street and Metz Way.

I am gonna lay like a beached whale for hours in my hot bath once the water comes back on - it'll be sweet.

Still no water - day three

Still hearing this 14 day crap and we're 3 days in - annoying. Picked up another case of water (24 x 500ml. This, as before, is from yet another company. Bloody TV crew were there again and more police this time but it was actually better organized if not quite so quick - took 30 seconds - yesterday. That said I'm not using the 6-12 litres a day they are giving is. Well I would if I used spring water to flush the toilet or bathed in it but I'm trying to be sensible.

Sorry to hear that - next time around it might not hurt to pick up one of these:

http://www.berkeyfilters.com/

They say it can purify pond water for drinking. When I move, I plan on picking one up as you never know when these natural disasters can strike.

Take care.

Cool. I might look into something similar here. Now if it would provide a hot bath then we'd have a sale right now ha ha. Part of the problem is my house does not have a water storage tank. The one in London did (up in the attic).

Thursday (in lieu of Friday)

Viking Press

equ x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 8 reps, plus 56.25-kilos x 4 and x 3 reps (not good as it was better last time)

EZ Curls

plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 8 reps, plus 55-kilos x 7 reps (little loose form)

Dips

bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 31.25-kilos x went to pot. So...

Tricep pressdown and CG Bench

TPD: 10-kilos x 8 reps, 20-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 55-kilos x 4?? reps then did 60-kilos CGB x 15 reps as a challenge to Nick followed by three reps with the baby inch in a two hand chest crush curl (easy).

No water - day 4

Might have missed a DHL pickup for the business waiting 40 minutes at 1 collection point for a lorry of water to arrive. Complained to a bloke I am on nodding terms with about 1) queue jumping slags and 2) (petty I know considering) the weight of the case of water I had to carry back - strong I may be but it's still a 1/4 of a mile with 18ltrs (40lbs??). He gave me some gib saying 'a big strong bloke like you' then five minutes later I see him with a shopping trolley off to get his share... oh yes I pulled his chain!! :upsidedwn

Had the stand up wash at the kitchen sink again today and nearly poured it away before remembering to use it to flush the toilet.

Story in media about 'youths pissing in bowsers' are untrue.

Here's another site if you ever wanted to prepare in advance for the next natural disaster:

http://www.efoodsdirect.com

They say can sell you a year's supply of food for $1,000 less than what you would pay on groceries and that their food has a shelf life of 12-15 years [!!!].

Food is no problem - although I did buy some canned in gas the electricity went out (I can cook with gas).

No water - day 5

Picked up some shopping and a 6 pack of 1.5ltrs water (could have taken a bigger one). One problem is needing a bloody drink of water when I get back from carrying the water. I also used the last of the stuff I set aside before the taps dried up flushing the toilet today so as soon as I came in I was out to a bowser one street over half filling the same bucket. At the bottle collection point there was two huge army water tankers (not seen one before). I wasn't sure why because they had no place to put their water into.

Steve sorry to hear about how the flooding is affecting you. Hope the water supply is back to normal soon mate.

Me too.

Sunday

Stomach a bit off (too much ice cream last night) so first part wasn't as good as it ought to have been.

Grippers

L/H: BBGM x 6 x VN only

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 3 x 1 then BBSE x 3 x VN only

V-Bar

usual warm ups then missed at 147.5-kilos so went to 146.25-kilos x 5 x 1 reps (each one better than the last even though chalk was very low and so used sparingly)

W/Roller (GN model)

80-kilo x 5 x 1 reps

Bwt: 19st 9lbs / 275lbs

No water - day 6

Water, not drinkable mind, is supposed to be back on but as yet there's no sign from my taps. The minute there is I'll check the boilers ok then have a nice long soak in the bath.

I'm not long back from the daily collection (8 x 1.5ltrs today) and they had all kinds to choose from inc 24 x 500ml, 6, 8 and 9 packs of the big bottles. It was moving so fast they had actually set one part up as a drive in and there was a tank on a trailer being used as a bowser by locals. It's still bloody knackering carrying it back but needs must.

I also brought over the last of the rain water and it looks like it's gonna be a dry week as well but if the water does come on I wont need the rain water to flush with and so it wont matter.

No water - day 6 pt 2

Water is back on and I've just down the first bit of laundry in 9?? days. I'll try and get up early tomorrow for a nice long pre workout soak. Gonna be sweet.

Still cannot use the tap water for drinking but even so...

Edited by mobsterone

Couldn't wait and had a lovely bath last night - sweet :D

Tuesday

Leg Press

0-kilos @ x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 6 reps tough.

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 20-kilos x 7 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 61.25-kilos e/s x 3 x 1 reps

Bwt 19st 9lbs / 275lbs

Still no drinking water but I have loads of bottles so...

Thighs and to a lesser degree back still have some DOMS but onwards!

Thursday

Grippers

L/H: GM x VVN, VVN, 1, VVN, VVN, VN

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, CoC 4 x 1/2" (moved in hand), 1/4", 1/4"+, 1/4"+ (ie: just over 1/4")

Thick handled dumbbell deadlifts

B/H: Baby inch x 3 x 1 reps

L/H: 75-kilos on 2.5" thick handled d/bell x 3 x 1 reps (easy)

R/H: Inch x 3 x 1 reps, 95-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (only last one hardish)

Thick bar partial deadlifts - bar is 2" thick

2p e/s x 1 rep then the same with 1 more plate etc etc to 7p e/s x 1 rep (310-kilos) and 8p e/s x miss (350-kilos)

Pallet drags

alternated reverse drags and forward drags 4 of each (8 in total)

Hey mobster, that 2" bar 310kilo partial DL, was it like a rack pull? Or pulled from what height? .. If you're kind enough to answer this, please tell us what grip you used (i assume mixed?), and I wont even ask about straps of course. :tongue

Great to see you including the #4 in your workouts. I know nothing, but I've heard some people say that you MUST include the goal gripper in your workouts (even if not in all of them) if you ever wanna close it, and I don't remember ever seeing you posting a coc#4 attempt, not this year at least, heh. Is this #4 harder than Sam's? I assume so, since it was said you got that one to 1mm or even less. (I think Sam's words were: "the closest it could be without being shut" or something to that effect). Anyways, 1/4" if you used a set wider than parallel.