Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Monday

Leg Press

0-kilos x 12 reps per leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 550-kilos x 8 reps

Pullover machine

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 16.25-kilos x 7 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos a side x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side x 6 reps, 56.25-kilos x 3 x 4 reps (actually 3, 3, 3, 2). God damn this was tough. Changed bar after first heavy set as it was a 700-kilo rated bar and so thicker and heavier. But I really struggled to get the reps today.

Bwt: 19st 4.5lbs. Right upper arm cold at 19-inches

Wednesday

Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: RB240ip x 6 x 1 reps, BBGM x 6 x 1 reps (all VVN)

R/H: BBE x 6 x 1 reps, BBSE x 6 x 1 reps (all VVN)

Dumbbells

L/H: Baby Inch x 3 x 1 reps, Inch x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: baby Inch x 3 x 1 reps, Inch x 3 x 1 reps, 97-kilos (tilt on 2 x 10-kilo plates) x 4 x 1 reps (all v tough)

Pallet Drags

pallet and 150-kilo tyre x 6 x 1 laps - huffing and puffing.

Friday

2 hand pinch @ 44mm (fancied it so)

equ (24) x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, then 50, 60, 70-kilos all x 1 rep

71 (95) x 10 x 1 reps

Three of us did pinch a Laine Snook disc. Nick, Laurence and myself. It was about 3-4 weeks ago.

Wednesday

Grippers

usual warm ups

L/H: RB240ip x 6 x 1 reps, BBGM x 6 x 1 reps (all VVN)

R/H: BBE x 6 x 1 reps, BBSE x 6 x 1 reps (all VVN)

Dumbbells

L/H: Baby Inch x 3 x 1 reps, Inch x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: baby Inch x 3 x 1 reps, Inch x 3 x 1 reps, 97-kilos (tilt on 2 x 10-kilo plates) x 4 x 1 reps (all v tough)

Pallet Drags

pallet and 150-kilo tyre x 6 x 1 laps - huffing and puffing.

Steve

BBSE X6X1, Thats really impressive. :mosher

Just out of interest which method do you find the most productive on the thick bells the bands (lightened method) or the tilt as youve done on the 97k inch bell

Thanks

Mark

For me and the programme I'm using today - tilt. It's because you are still lifting ALL the weight.

Friday

71 (95) x 10 x 1 reps

If you've weighed the 44mm apparatus to be 24kg then that makes my lift on Monday 94kg! Sweet! :mosher

Three of us did pinch a Laine Snook disc. Nick, Laurence and myself. It was about 3-4 weeks ago.

Cool.I think Lawrence could do very well at Grip if he can fit it in eith becoming one of Britain's best strongmen over the next few years...

These things are hard. I tried it, and it didn't even move, it just started cutting into my thumbs. That's pretty cool you all managed to lift it.

Friday

71 (95) x 10 x 1 reps

If you've weighed the 44mm apparatus to be 24kg then that makes my lift on Monday 94kg! Sweet! :mosher

Ahh, yes it might be less. 20?? If that's so then my last set of 10 x 1 was 91 x 10 x 1 and not 94/95

Cos I wont be here are your instructions: get off ass, buy one for a pound from a corner shop, go to place you train, measure your own Inch bell ya lazy bugger.

Just gotta like Steve's lovable and courteous nature :laugh

Sunday

Grippers

usual warm ups - decided to stay at same reps as last time then go up a rep next session

L/H: RB 240ip x 6 x 1, BBGM x 1, N, 1, N, N, VN*

R/H: BBE x 6 x 1 reps, BBSE x 1, N, N, VN, N, VVN*

Yoke work

150-kilos x 1 length (easy). Took five bloody minutes to adjust for height (up two holes as the others are all way shorter than me and it was set at their height yesterday), 190 x 1 length, 230-kilos (506lbs) x 2 x 1 lengths (in this case from door in pouring rain to gate. First time took 2 hits and second took one). *I also did the last two heavy ones (230) in between the last two attempts with either hand on the grippers.

Thick Handled Dumbbells

Decided to hold back a little due to hard work on Yoke

B/H: Baby Inch x 3 x 1 reps, Inch x 4 x 1 reps

Edited by mobsterone

I left it done in the up position but only hand tight not with the spanner.

Nice work Steve. That's a big yoke walk. Welldone on your SE close aswell.

Like to have a go on one of those 90kg plates for a 2hp.

I saw Harry the other day Mobster he has got freakin huge! crazy deadlift for his age too. Told him he should do the bench and deadlift at severnside in sept.

I saw Harry the other day Mobster he has got freakin huge! crazy deadlift for his age too. Told him he should do the bench and deadlift at severnside in sept.

Indeed mate when i first met 'Big H' he thought i was huge now he's bigger than me! Give him 2-3 years and he'll be a complete beast.

Details please Geo.

Nice work Steve. That's a big yoke walk. Welldone on your SE close aswell.

250-kilos next.

Tuesday

Apparently rubbed my neck raw when doing walk outs on Sunday with the Yoke - as in it felt a little sore where the yoke crossbar sat and everyone that's looked has said something like 'urrghh - or yuck'. Which is worrying and there was gunk inside of the dirty shirt I changed from this morning. So I took a cack handed photo and it does look iffy ha ha. Anyway...

Viking Press

equ x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 8 reps, plus 52.5-kilos* x 4 clean reps and 3 push press reps. * should have been less but mis-read book (see curls)

EZ O' Bar curls

plus 20-kilos x 8 reps, plus 35-kilos x 8 reps, plus 52.5-kilos x 6 reps (total weight = 133.5lbs approx)

Dips

Bwt x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x 6 reps**, + 3 reps** Bwt 272.6lbs ** Played around with two lengths of chain and on the 6 reps set plates touched floor so adjusted to see if I got a few with the weights a little higher. If I use one chain or our green haulage loop (3T breaking strain but not long enough) then weights hit crosspiece.

So I took a cack handed photo and it does look iffy ha ha.

We demand you post the pictures!!

Picture - not pictures. I demand you learn the difference between plural and singular!! LOL.

Anyway here is the cack handed photo. Sore neck