Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Loz's lifts were belt and knee wraps only for squat, belt only for deadlifts and wrist wraps for bench. No suits, briefs or shirts were used by anyone.

This perf (squat and deadlift) is unequiped?

Loz 315kgs squat and 350kgs deadlift :blink

Congratulations for your 2H pinch ;)

squat 317.5kg (belt and knee wraps)

deadlift 350kg (belt)

steve was awsome on all his lifts. H and me had a chance 2 beat him on 2HP but this just made him push himself harder and put us in our place.

105kg for you at the brits steve?

Edited by bigloz

Thanks again Steve, very goood entertainment and great lifting from yourself. Nest time maybe you'll get my #4 he he

Nice bench and excellent pinch, Steve.

Cheers Franky. I will not push the bench again until next December but will try and stay around 150-kilos to 160-kilos for the rest of the year (higher base strength). As per a post elsewhere the new PB target on pinch will be 105-kilos (either the Peter Horne day or the British). With that in mind I did a break-in session today and was still sold as a rock on pinch (probably not being under any pressure to hit a target weight for an event).

Saturday

Back to the grind... in a few days I'll both announce and begin preparing myself for the lifts at the next British Hand Strength event.

Seated Press

bar x 8 reps, 20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps

EZ and DB Curls

EZ: 10-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 20-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 27.5-kilos e/s x 4 reps

DB: 15-kilos plus bar/collars @ x 8 reps each (nice pump and less harsh on my right wrist)

Dips

3 x 8 x bwt (282lbs on our scales - (I always lose weight at xmas because 1) no protein and 2) 3 meals a day plus sweets isn't enough for me).

About 1 hour later

2HP (with Harry)

Tough warming up but once I was at 90-kilos relatively 'easy'.

44mm approx 70-kilos x 3 reps, 80-kilos x 1 rep, 85-kilos x 1 rep, 90-kilos x 12-15 (not noted) x 1 rep. Stopped when skin went on right thumb. H managed 1 rep

Monday

The last session of 2007 and the first of my assault on the British hand Strength comp in 2008. And a good one - is it having a target as I asked before - I think it is.

Grippers - max

To

L/H: GM x 1, VVN, 1a, 1a, 1a

R/H: CoC 3.5 x 4 x 1 reps. The first was especially solid.

Rolling Thunder - thumbless

None of the weights include heavy pin, handle or clip.

Newer Handle

Both hands: 45-kilo x 1 rep, 60-kilos x 1 rep, 75-kilos x 1 rep and 90-kilos x 1 rep

R/H: continued on with 100-kilos x 1 rep and a miss at 105-kilos

Old handle

Switched to barely revolving handle and went

L/H: 105-kilos x 1 rep

R/H: 120-kilos x missed, x 1 rep and 1 rep easy. Upped it to 130-kilos x 1 rep and stopped with a miss at 135-kilos (total load will be v close to 140-kilos).

Looking good Steve, will be interesting in seeing how those numbers climb as May approaches. I've read your post about your goals for the Comp on another Forum, they all look doable for you, the only real variable being the handle for the RT. Seeing as how your pinch has climbed over the last few years I wonder if 105 is a mite conservative?

I do think the One-Hand Lift will see some MASSIVE numbers.

Big numbers there mate.

Looking good for the new year.

:rock

H is becoming a absolute BEAST aint he ?

:rock

Yep. One , as they say, to keep an eye on.

Looking good Steve, will be interesting in seeing how those numbers climb as May approaches. I've read your post about your goals for the Comp on another Forum, they all look doable for you, the only real variable being the handle for the RT. Seeing as how your pinch has climbed over the last few years I wonder if 105 is a mite conservative?

I do think the One-Hand Lift will see some MASSIVE numbers.

True. Esp if we get a few strongmen in and they learn the tricks of the trade. 2HP at 105-kilos seems more than doable and who knows with 20+ weeks I might change it about. I'd like to be doing multiple singles (anywhere from 8-20) with 100kilos pre-event. Now that I have broken the back of 100 it doesn't seem too extreme.

Todays session on the RT and thumbless was a tester. I'll use that to set the percentages for working sets etc and set targets for the comp. Clear is although the left is not to be sniffed at I need to bring it up. In some ways thumbless felt easier. My hovering off the floor with 140-kilos post event (old handle) at the whey power challenge was thumbless.

The last time we did it I think Jim and I managed 117-kilos or thereabouts and David more. But his handle had more movement than the old one. Plus I'd want to use a more freely spinning handle.

It's all looking good for you. :rock

For those that don't know, Steve has improved a lot, and can still improve a bit more. I have told him off so much in the past, but I think he has slowly put into practice the things I told him, and he now is a quality all-round grip athlete that would place in the top 3 of most grip comps, and win many!

He will deserve his win in 2008 if he does.

All the best Steve for 2008!

David

On the 5 events for this year it is very difficult to see a chink in Steve's armour - he holds the British Record for the grippers in competition, no 7 in the World on the Pinch, some of the biggest RT lifts, World Record holder right in the Weaver stick and World Record total in the One-Hand lift. It used to be that he could be caned by the best in the pinch, but not so much nowadays.

Anyway, enough of stroking Steve's ego! :D

The other lifts I considered were on a par - V-Bar (British record holder), Thick bar one hand deadlift (won that), baby Inch for time (as per Perth event - I've held it for a minute) and so on.

The key, if you will, is for others to see themselves beating me. One or two should exceed 300-kilos on the one hand lift, another 1 or 2 might have better left hands on grippers and so on. It's well worth mentioning that I will have only won two times if I win this year from 10?? competitions entered. In my second I came what 7th?? I have improved though, listened to advice and slowly got better. I will not lighten up on myself until this years event is done. If I think 'oh I'll win' I will not train right.

Edited by mobsterone

Ahh, that'd be telling. ;) I may even remove them so as to not give away too much. :tongue As per my PM they'd not be to difficult to work out. Even if you came in mad strong and based on gym lifts were my equal I still have the experience of the platform to give me a small edge.

What I would suggest is follow my ideas in the PM and get as good as YOU can be. It may well be more than enough.

Edited by mobsterone

Wednesday

Stinking rotten cold and issues with the new pc (almost done) are pissing me off. Yet I didn't feel too bad this morning other than sweating for England (maybe the pills have worn off ha ha). So had a good training session.

CG Bench Press

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 70-kilos e/s (160) x 3 x 1 reps (all doable).

Leg Press

0-kilos @ x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 540-kilos x 4 reps.

Pullover

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, 20-kilos x 8 reps.

Bwt 281.5lbs

If I haven't smashed by boiler and two PC's to smithereens or died from the lurgy sure. WE have another newbie with us from the other gym as well. So ''cough - another rep - cough-sniff'' seems order of the day.

Friday

I am sooo ill. :blink I've never felt so rough training as I did today. At one point, half way through one hand lift work, I was leaning over our bin coughing and heaving. Strangely enough this just made me mad and I carried on. Damn this flu - show me a germ so I can kick it in the throat.

Weaver Stick

bar x 3 reps (bar weighs 1.5-kilos) per hand, plus 2.5-kilos x 3 reps per hand, plus 3-kilos x 3 reps per hand, plus 3.5-kilos x 3 reps per hand, plus 4-kilos x 3 x 1 reps per hand. Skin on outside of palm was tearing on inner e/z bar collar.

One hand lift

weight does not inc pin or handle

E/H: 40-kilos x 2 reps, 80-kilos x 1 rep, 120-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 1 rep, 195-kilos (tough) x 1 rep, 210-kilos x 1 rep (tough). I was using a standard pin and did not set hand as per comp. The aim is to get to 260 L and 280-kilos right using this method before seeing what I can do using the actual equipment and a set hand technique.

Bwt: down - not eating properly being ill

A little better today. Only coughed and close to hacking it once. Snotty as hell though. Workout took ages due to two seperate visitors and my packing orders between attempts.

Sunday

Grippers - volume

to:

L/H: 240ip x 7 x 2 reps

R/H: BBE x 7 x 1 reps

2HP @ 44mmish

to: 90.5 x 7 x 1 tough reps