Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

I wrote on another log that it was almost annoying. With the 4 x 1 with L15 today I think that makes a total of 7 times (inc 3 x CCS) yet none on video... yet. I wanna show you all and so far 2 attempts at video have been off. No camera and I am a beast... damned annoying!

Well I doubt it was once in a lifetime type of feat for you, seems to me that you progress fast on the Vulcan.

Indeed. I like it a lot and it suits me well. Plus I'm now in the final weeks of my prep for the British so my drive and focus, usually good enough, go up a notch. Plus I trained it at a local gym which makes me put on a show as it were. In other words they know there's a few weeks left, support me and so failure becomes less of an option.

congrats steve, you seem to be progressing well with the vulcan, hopefully it will translate well into your gripper closes at the british

Tried training today (pinch and RT) and while I was able to warm up well enough the top sets went to shit. When I couldn't even pull for 1 rep with my left hand the working weight on the thumbless RT it was time to call it a day.

Monday

Another go at the 2HP went a lot better but success with that then put me off me stroke with the thumbless RT. Me no likey - too close to comp time.

Anyway

2HP at 44mm

equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, 71-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, plus 72-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, plus 73-kilos x 3 x 1 reps. Equ weighed in at 21.10-kilos so total weight last set was 94.10-kilos

Did some more training (more on that later) but also just got back from Lee Powells (IFBB Pro) Severnside gym. He let us have gratis three bits of kit 1) leg curl, 2) leg extension and 3) lat pull down machine. In return we helped him by lifting and carrying Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing heavy new bits up to the upper deck in his gym. I'm a little puffed to say the least ha ha

Tuesday

On Monday at lunchtime I came back and did a 2nd Rt session succeeding in 100-kilo (105.4) x 3 x 1 reps L/H and 110-kilos (115.4) x 3 x 1 reps R/H. Later on we humped about the gym equipment we picked up and helped Lee Powell get his new kit upstairs as well.

Today after I did some orders Mike and later on myself put together the equipment. The leg extension has a 145-kilo stack (which I can do) and the lat pulldown a 140-kilos stack (ditto). The Leg curl I think is 100-kilos (ahh that's another story). Todays session was also pretty good.

Leg Press

plate x 8 reps @, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 600-kilo x 6 reps

CG Bench

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 70-kilos (160) e/s x 4 x 1 reps

Pullovers

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack (20p) plus 22.5-kilos x 8 reps

Bwt

20st 3.5lbs / 283.5

None. But if it gets to what it was at Xmas that'll be ok. I'm not that bothered so long as I get stronger.

Wednesday

My last day of training before warm up / mini comp at David Horne's on Saturday. Hard is all I am saying (probably due to four days back to back). My hands were cramping up yesterday and today.

V/Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 x 1 reps @, L7 x 3 x 1 reps @

L/H:

R/H:

Weaver Stick

B/H: bar (1.5) x 6 reps @, plus 2.5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps @, plus 5-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H:

R/H:

T/L/R/T

B/H: 45-kilos (50.5) x 8 reps @

L/H:

R/H:

Monday

2HP at 60mm

Adjusted the set to (using GN plates) a closer to the size I'll use at the event setting.

Worked to set plus 47.5-kilos (91.10) x 8 x 1 reps

One hand lift

Worked to 2 x 1 x 235-kilos left and 1 x 1 with 245-kilos right (too hard on hand and skin).

Bwt: 19st 5.5lbs / 285.5lbs)

Tuesday

Seated Press

15-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 (this set s/s with db curls)

D/B Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 6 reps,

Dips

bwt (see below) x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 6 reps, plus 35-kilos x 2 and then my front right delt said 'no mas' and even bodyweight was too much.

I then decided to see if I could pump my right upper arm to 20 inches or more.

T/P/Down

stack x 20 reps, plus 20-kilos x 12 reps, then stack again x 8 more reps

Then quickly moved handle to lower pulley and did the following:

C/Curls

60lbs ax 12 reps (too easy), followed by another 8 or so reps with 90lbs.

I did a little flexing and measured the right upper arm at 19 and 7/8ths of an inch. Almost!!

Tuesday

Seated Press

15-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 30-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 (this set s/s with db curls)

D/B Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 6 reps,

Dips

bwt (see below) x 8 reps, plus 10-kilos x 6 reps, plus 35-kilos x 2 and then my front right delt said 'no mas' and even bodyweight was too much.

I then decided to see if I could pump my right upper arm to 20 inches or more.

T/P/Down

stack x 20 reps, plus 20-kilos x 12 reps, then stack again x 8 more reps

Then quickly moved handle to lower pulley and did the following:

C/Curls

60lbs ax 12 reps (too easy), followed by another 8 or so reps with 90lbs.

I did a little flexing and measured the right upper arm at 19 and 7/8ths of an inch. Almost!!

Wednesday not Tuesday!!

20'' arms come the competiton!

With a pump ;) Forearms over 16 as well. I think I had them to 16.25-inches with a pump back last year when we did the TTWC (I was also doing some writs roller work and that pumps them like a BITCH!)

Wednesday pm

Vulcan Gripper

I had tried to do a little following my workout this morning but was shot. This evenings was a little better but still hard.

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L10 x 1/4" (poor set), L10 x 5 x 1 reps, L11 x 3 x 1/4" or better reps

R/H: L15 x 5 x 1 reps, 2 x 1/4" and 1 x 1/8th" reps (last one best).

Note to self: get more bands and use them again

Edited by mobsterone

Friday

Hard day today. Did not feel 'in the zone' but still...

Grippers (torsion and Vulcan)

L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: BBGM x 0, then 3 x 1 reps. CoC 3 x 1/8th inch, then 2 x 1 reps

R/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 3 x 1 reps - all deep set. I think these mean I am doing about 6.85 (3.65 approx right and 3.2 approx left)

CG Bench - speed

Right front delt might be off (see last session)

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 62.5-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps.

NB: was super setting hard grippers with max weight on bench.

Bwt: 20st 6lbs

20'' arms come the competiton!

With a pump ;) Forearms over 16 as well. I think I had them to 16.25-inches with a pump back last year when we did the TTWC (I was also doing some writs roller work and that pumps them like a BITCH!)

Wednesday pm

Vulcan Gripper

I had tried to do a little following my workout this morning but was shot. This evenings was a little better but still hard.

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L10 x 1/4" (poor set), L10 x 5 x 1 reps, L11 x 3 x 1/4" or better reps

R/H: L15 x 5 x 1 reps, 2 x 1/4" and 1 x 1/8th" reps (last one best).

Note to self: get more bands and use them again

Just noticed. Right hand should read: R/H: L15 x 5 x 1 reps, L16 2 x 1/4" and 1 x 1/8th" reps (last one best).

Interesting. For me, using the vulcan hindered my tosion gripper max rather than helped. Good work with the BBSE!

Edited by CoC#3

1) I was, at least on paper, using it at a higher level than you.

2) I'm not that great at the deep setting style which suits many including you

3) It has helped with setting (see above).

Other than that I used it as I wold normal grippers. This is the first time in weeks I've tested them.

Friday pm

2HP at 44mm

equ* x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 74-kilos (95.10 total) x 6 x 1 reps

At reps 5 and 6 I felt giddy. So much that on rep 6 the hi-fi blaring away in the background sounded very strange for a second ha ha

*Equipment/set up weighs 21.10-kilos with no added weight at 44mm thickness.

Saturday[/

T/L/R/Thunder

Was all over the place and somewhat bizarre at times. It's also the first time in what?? eight or more days since I touched one and that might have been too long. Back on the program!

B/H: 45-kilos @ x 8 reps, 90-kilos @ x 1 rep

L/H: 105-kilos x 0, changed from light pin to heavy pin and adjusted weights, 95-kilos (100.4) x 3 x 1 reps, then couldn't do any more so dropped to 90-kilos again x 1 touch-n-go rep, all over the place for a few missed singles and ended up on 87.5-kilos (92.5) x 2 x 1 reps

R/H: 110-kilos (115.4) x 1 rep and 1 missed rep, 105 (110.4) x 1 rep (rough), then the same super solid?? followed by 3 more singles (so 4 x 1) then upped to 107.5-kilos (112.9) x 1, 1 missed rep and 1 more to finish.

I'll adjust all the numbers for the next few weeks.

Edited by mobsterone

Monday

I wasn't sure about training etc til after breakfast. But...

Leg Press

0-kilos @ x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 620-kilos x 2 x 4 reps (didn't like depth on first set so did another - supersetted with 1st two p/over sets)

Pullover (see note)

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack plus 25-kilos x 8 reps.

CG Bench (done at unit)

20-kilos e/s x 8 reps, 40-kilos e/s x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 70-kilos e/s x 1 rep, 71.25-kilos e/s x 4 x 1 reps

Edited by mobsterone