Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

2mm, you were that close to adding "#4 closer" to your signature, which now states some feats :tongue

Just doing a few mins work saving videos into a smaller format. I'll upload the fun with a MM1 for me to youtube and am waiting on Bill to reply for an email address to send 2 for Sam.

Good session for you yesterday mate, good fun as always to train with you, thanks for doing the MM1 vid for me aswell.

See you in 4 days ;)

If I put in some of the effort you did at the Midlands... :rock cheers

I'll add some more info over the next few days to the contest thread.

Friday

40 minutes of limbering, stretching and walking. Feel much better and started to get that 'edge' feeling I need for tomorrow. Bwt (on GN scales): 286.5lbs

Cheers Loz. I trained too bloody hard and for too long. :blink I'd have been so annoyed with myself if I had not won.

At one point you're efforts at the Midlands qualifier (Loz had to go to hospital, was puking and even damaged his back) motivated me. Part of me was 'another win for the whey consortium gang' as well.

Cheers Loz. I trained too bloody hard and for too long. :blink I'd have been so annoyed with myself if I had not won.

At one point you're efforts at the Midlands qualifier (Loz had to go to hospital, was puking and even damaged his back) motivated me. Part of me was 'another win for the whey consortium gang' as well.

Im glad my suffering motivated you. :D Whey HQ rules!!!

Very nice report Steve :rock congrats again on the win!!!

Steve,

Great effort and a great result. Well done.

I'm glad to read that no one got injured.

Well done to all the other competitors, you all gave it 100% on the day.

See you soon,

Laine

Looking forward to it.

I'm off to the gym soon - cardio, stretching and gripper work. so nothing to overly stress the CNS this week. Thursday will be shoulders and arms and Saturday pallet dragging. Over the weekend I'll review targets for the next 6 months or so.

As in Sam's log I'm gonna do a quick review of my planned numbers for the British. A trick I learned from David is to plan numbers on the day and try not to change them. For each event I had 'bad day', 'ok day' and a 'great day'

Grippers

Bad day 2.5-2.8 LH and 3.54 RH. Ok was 2.96 LH and 3.65 RH and great day was 3.2 LH and 4.0 RH.

Apparently I almost had a great day actually getting 3.29 LH and 3.65 RH and trying for a 4 RH. Sweet. Won.

2HP

Bad: 95, good, 105 and great 107.5.

I had a good day at 105.58 2nd.

TLRT

Bad 95 LH and 105.4 RH, good 105 LH and 115 RH and great 110 LH and 120 RH.

It was a 'bad' day but... won

Weaver Stick to the rear

Bad 7.0 LH, 7.5 RH, good, 7.5 LH and 8.0 RH and great 8.0 LH and 9.0 RH

I did 8.1 RH + 7.22 LH so was a little better than my 'good day' numbers. Won

I made some notes and one says 'strap super tight'. I also noted how DH set the strap slightly higher on the hand than I had done and so copied that on my 8.6kg attempt. The idea behind the notes was if I became distracted or lost focus I had reminders. Others there might have noticed DH referring to and making notes in his book. He'll have planned numbers but also been working out what he needed to do.

And finally

1 hand lift

Bad 240-260 LH and 260-280 RH, good 300 LH and 330 RH and great 310 LH and 340 RH

I had a little bit better than a bad day with 270.56 RH + 285.6 LH but the numbers are reversed with my left hand pulling more and my right less - bizarre but enough for 2nd.

Much of the bad, good and great goes on how I felt and how I started out. So if, for example, I really struggled with a movement on the day and felt there wasn't much more to lift with I could look at a bad day number as my target. If it was ok and I felt there was a little bit more - a good day and if I absolutely caned it and felt like I could have carried on (RT was that way - give me 2 more attempts on the RH and I'd have done closer to 110+ thumbless) then it was into great day territory.

On the one hand lift I had two problems on the day (three if you count being off how I should have felt). One was never getting a real solid lock into my thigh and another was jamming my thumb into my right thigh at one point and nigh on straining it.

Tuesday

Treadmill

7 mins at 5.5kph

Stretching

Inc back stretches

Vulcan Gripper work

L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L11 x 1 rep, L13 x VVN, x 1 rep (beats old PB).

R/H: L13 x 1 rep, L15 x 1 rep, L16 x 1 rep (equals old PB)

NB: I hadn't taken the sheet with the levels and so noted only the spring settings in my book and just looked them up when I got back. Sweet numbers ha ha :D

CoC Gripper work

RH only: CoC 4 (from weekend so rated at 4.01) x 1mm off closing, 2mm off, 2mm off, 3mm off - so stopped.

2HP @ 70mm

43.6-kilos x 6 reps, 73.6-kilos x 3 reps, 93.6-kilos x 1, x 1, x 0, x 0 reps

Fin

Bwt: 280lbs dead.